Bloodborne

NEW PS3 160GB Killzone 3 Bundle Available February 22nd

Kim Nguyen's Avatar + Posted by Kim Nguyen on Feb 15, 2011 // Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Hi everyone! We know you’re anxiously awaiting the release of Killzone 3, and now you can join the war against the Helghast with a Limited Edition PS3 160GB Killzone 3 Bundle. For those of you who are still on the fence and just waiting for the reason to buy a PS3, now is the time. Already own a PS3? Convince your buddies to buy the bundle so you can both play some of the most extensive multiplayer experiences on a first-person shooter. The Killzone 3 bundle includes the 160GB PS3 system as well as a copy of Killzone 3 – all launching February 22 for $299.99 (MSRP).

PS3 160GB Killzone 3 Bundle

As you know, Killzone 3 is the next installment of the Killzone franchise, with levels 10 times the size of Killzone 2. You can expect an intense single-player campaign and as mentioned above, extensive multiplayer mode, utilizing new weapons and vehicles. To bring your gaming experience to a higher and more immersive level, play Killzone 3 with PlayStation Move sharp shooter. It combines the precision of PlayStation Move with a streamlined design that enables you to execute highly precise shots, while comfortably maneuvering your on-screen character. With full stereoscopic 3D compatibility, gaming never gets so real.

But if you don’t believe me, check out the first wave of reviews of Killzone 3 hitting now.

Have you tried out the free Killzone 3 Campaign Demo now available on PSN? What PS3 games are you most excited for in 2011? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comments!

113 Comments

+ Hatchetforce on February 15th, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

@Krisp,

I look at it like this. No offense to Sony but I can design and paint a custom Helghast Special Operations Visari Hammer Assault Team PS3 better and much more to my liking than can Sony.

+ USMC_SNYP3R_CE on February 15th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

damn im still stuck with the phat 40gb L0L some one buy me a slim plzz aha :P

+ WARRIOR_4_JC on February 15th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

The Bundle looks Great. Yeah, that is cool you get the game, but I do agree that it would be awesome to have a PS3 with a Helgast on it. But I think it works.

+ danscloud9 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

Great timing! My PS3 just broke, and since I was going to buy a new one, I knew I wouldn’t have money for Killzone 3. Now I can have both! Thanks, Sony!

+ klexam on February 15th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

This bundle is already being pimped on playstationweekly.com. I can’t wait. I have been in the beta since day 1 of its release and have played through the single player demo more times than I can count. Also, I love using the Move with it more than the Dual Shock. Try it out if you have it. You won’t regret it.

+ John-Shooter on February 15th, 2011 at 4:01 pm said:

i’d be happy w/ just the game itself.. could care less about CE/LE/SE versions of games anymore..

a relative of mine is lookin into gettin a 2nd ps3 for his bedroom i’ll be sure to inform him of this bundle for sure..

+ WHITE-BE-Z on February 15th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

Nice!

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on February 15th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

Good deal. Too bad it’s just an average ps3.

+ Carl-G on February 15th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

That is a nice box :P Shame SONY can’t do a $199.99 PS3 tho, then they would make a killing in the US[well kill M$ xBox360 that is] :D

+ EveofLight on February 15th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

Awesome, finally getting my PS3 and it just so happens that this deal is coming out, oh what a treat ^_^

+ Jerel on February 15th, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

It should be red, but I think it may help people get more PS3 gamers. It won’t get me to buy a new Slim, but I think it’s a great deal for new PS3 owners.

+ guitarded77 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

Sweet, I’m buying a second PS3 for the living room.

+ leonhart9876 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

@50 i conquer i would buy another ps3 if i could get it with a final fantasy character on it, even a psp.

+ Link01 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

I seriously think the game has been ready long enough to have released it sooner

+ jvasq on February 15th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

i agree, had the ps3 had a cool graphic design on it then i woulda bought it instantly, though, ill just stick with my fat 60 gb for now. really cool though hope the game does well.

+ TUSTIN1 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

“Have you tried out the free Killzone 3 Campaign Demo now available on PSN?”, No, because up until now it’s been a PS+ exclusive which is a pretty stupid way to promote a game.

+ SilverBlade51 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

I support comment #8.

It would boost Move and KZ3 sales.

+ Hellman on February 15th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

It about time you did something like this sony. I don’t know why you all don’t this more often.

+ FoxMan250 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Is it just me… or am I the only one who can’t find the NON PS Plus Killzone Campaign Demo?!

+ Jerel on February 15th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

In regards to the second question, I am really enjoying the Killzone 3 beta so much that I haven’t had time to check out the Campaign demo.

The PS3 games I’m looking forward to the most are Killzone 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Disgaea 4, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Team Ico Collection, The Last Guardian and Uncharted 3.

+ LUGIEZ on February 15th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

Sounds like a good deal, too bad I already have one, will try the convincing, but they might have to see the game first to believe it.

+ Mattsta001 on February 15th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

Bundle should have had a limited edition Snow White or Charcoal Grey maybe with Helghast writing on it. Not sure why SCEA don’t do different colors of console since SCEJ have black, white, silver and GT5 blue but there seems to be a lack of imagination in the marketing dept. Try a limited run of white consoles and see how they sell.

+ guitarded77 on February 15th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

Haha… I really did it… I just bought this pack. Now I have 2 PS3’s.

+ Reginthorn on February 15th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

Mass Effect 3 and Uncharted 3!

+ jockhotty on February 15th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Are you kidding me? I would be embarassed to have such a small hard drive in a 2011 machine.

+ Mosh_Pit on February 15th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

Well if this bundle included a move controller with it… I would of bought it. This is a lame bundle…

+ KidCommando on February 15th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

I was at Fry’s today and they had the Sharpshooter! I didn’t think it came out until the 22nd, but there it was.

Tried it with the demo and it works really well.

+ Massive_13 on February 15th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

I’m most excited for Final Fantasy XIV Online. Even though its going through its fair share of transformations. Oh, and Killzone3 is a must buy if you want guns galore, and lots of multiplayer action!

+ DrunkRaba on February 15th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

No custom skin on the outside or coloring? Why must the US market have such boring choices?

+ TransformerPSX on February 15th, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

This is pretty awesome as I was planning to get a PS3 because of Killzone 3.

+ KwietStorm on February 15th, 2011 at 6:02 pm said:

@63 Link01

Have you played any version of the beta? I don’t think you have if you think it’s been ready long enough to be released sooner.

+ FoxMan250 on February 15th, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

Demo’s not free to non ps plus members yet :(

But this year:
Killzone 3
Uncharted 3
Resistance 3
Infamous 2
Motorstorm Apocalypse
The Last Guardian

ALL LOOK SOOOOO SPECTAWESOME!

+ Nicelydone_24 on February 15th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

the online beta but I felt it was lacking in some respects it didn’t quiet have mics enabled don’t know if this was b/c it was a beta and betas have some features disabled but I would hope they fix that for the full version coming out in stores and as a new person to the Killzone franchise I enjoyed the gameplay but the servers online were often glitchy as this was a beta I hope they fix it when it comes out in stores b/c it could use some minor tweaks to be a really outstanding game I could enjoy playing but since it already isn’t COD I guess it has something going for it already.

+ zetazeta89 on February 15th, 2011 at 7:36 pm said:

I wish we’d get a non-bundle unit for $249 or something. Getting a free game is nice and all but $300 is the bankbreaking point for me, and I usually rent, buy used, or play digital downloads (Arcade, Steam). A $249 unit lets me do that as well as start renting BDs.

+ Mosh_Pit on February 15th, 2011 at 7:36 pm said:

@82 Mic works fine for me in beta.

+ nando-flc on February 15th, 2011 at 8:08 pm said:

fuken epic

+ venommunoz25 on February 15th, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

Can someone tell me how can I get e-mails from playstation network. And tht’s awesome the ps3 whith killzone.

+ boobinz on February 15th, 2011 at 8:33 pm said:

I WANT THE BOX!!!! LMAO

+ UnleashSonic on February 15th, 2011 at 9:52 pm said:

1. Is this $300 (US)?
2. WHEN THE HELL IS THE DEMO FOR MOTORSTORM APOCALYPSE ARRIVING ON PSN?

+ UnleashSonic on February 15th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

The reason that Sony doesn’t make PS3’s with different skins is because it costs too much and they ussualy don’t appeal to everyone.

+ Gandark on February 15th, 2011 at 10:19 pm said:

Just to play 2 player games on move one must buy 4 move controllers and one playstation eye, all of that costs 250$,(without tax and navigation controllers). One kinect cost me 150$ and does 1-4 players for no extra cost, and it came with a game. And you say the kinect is over priced… O_O’

+ americanGTA on February 15th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

time to buy a 3rd ps3

+ TogusaRusso on February 15th, 2011 at 11:18 pm said:

Now your must get rid of all thouse sneaky hackers in PSN. We no need no cheaters in KZ3 multi!

+ Kchow23 on February 15th, 2011 at 11:29 pm said:

how about a custom made PS3 for once? though nice to see PS3s getting bundled

+ toa95 on February 16th, 2011 at 3:00 am said:

Sony why must you do this to me? I cant get the money for a PS3 till June and now you put out this great bundle? WHY ME!

+ SoledOutOnMango on February 16th, 2011 at 4:17 am said:

wish there was some artwork or a helghast edition for this! But I would still buy it!

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 16th, 2011 at 4:49 am said:

@3, huh? Ps3 is only @ 48 million WW, LOTs of people do not have PS3’s, and PS3 is doing terrible in the US, because it is more expensive, and terrible lacklustre marketting this entire gen by Sony. Half of the great PS3 exclusives people do not even know about, especially in the US.

Ps3 is the best console, but it was let down by Sony with a terrible launch, poor marketing.

+ GDot80 on February 16th, 2011 at 6:29 am said:

that should make motivate people who dont own a ps3 get one

+ motorblad on February 16th, 2011 at 6:50 am said:

I really incredible and I have a ps3 and like the others I’ll go buy it.

+ Overcastpilot on February 16th, 2011 at 7:30 am said:

This is great since I may have to replace my PS3 (Blu Ray drive not reading disks).Do you know if the the Bonus Content (The KZ2 Map packs) will be available with this bundle?