PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards Needs YOU! Vote For Your Favorite PSN Games Today

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Feb 15, 2011 // Director, Digital Distribution

Today we’re excited to announce the first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards, which gives YOU the power to recognize your favorite games. Kicking off this year, we have 20 of the highest user rated games released in 2010 as nominees competing in four categories – Best PS3 Downloadable Game, Best PSP Downloadable Game, Best PS3/PSP mini and Best PSN Exclusive Game.

PSN Gamer's Choice Awards 2011

From February 22 until March 1, PSN users have the chance to vote for your favorite game in each of the four categories by downloading a free XMB theme corresponding to that game. At the end of the voting period, the four winning games – one per category – will go on sale at a 30% discount in the PlayStation Store and will also be available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Get your vote on, but remember you can only vote once in each category.

Whether you’ve played it a million times or you know you’d just love it, be sure you make your voice heard and cast your vote. The 20 games nominated in this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards are as follows:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game

Best PSP Downloadable Game

Best PS3/PSP mini

Best PSN Exclusive Game

Check back here on March 7 to learn which game took home the prize in each category and then look for those titles to be featured in our PlayStation Store Spring Fever event at promotional prices you won’t want to miss.

158 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Nader-Abudiix on February 15th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

this is awesome but only missing a DLC category

+ nino1911 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

where is peace walker

+ jmanxp on February 15th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

How to just pic one that r all good

+ XMbeaner on February 15th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

I will only be voting for the games I want to buy. If you vote for games you already own we all lose. Do the right thing.

+ zombie9 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

I have some of these of games but not all and I think it’s unfair to those game I haven’t played. But hey a sale is a sale. Good luck to all! Peace Walker needs to be there It was my PSP game of the year!!!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 15th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

Where is Angry Birds for best Mini? :(

+ Snakebyte42 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

You’re kidding right? All of these are crap. Where is Xenogears????

+ BlueFrog007 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Is there a link to the voting page? I can’t see it.

+ reson8er on February 15th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Question: You vote by d/l the corresponding theme, but is what is to stop someone from d/ling all the themes? Just curious :)

+ BlueFrog007 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Ahhh, too early in the morning! Voting doesn’t open until Feb 22. Oops.

+ Nintendo451 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

It’s a little frustrating, because if they are the best games of the year, then chances are people are bought them :P

Oh, and @XMbeaner? How do you “lose” if you vote for a game you already own? If it’s a great game, then it deserves a vote. What is “right” about giving something accolades that isn’t the best?

Reward the developers for a job well done. That’s what this is about. I actually own all the games that I would vote for. Because of the fact that I own them and I KNOW that they are good. I wouldn’t vote for something I don’t have and couldn’t base an opinion on.

+ MassaBR on February 15th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Nice idea.

When is the Spring Fever sale?

+ jmanxp on February 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Yep vote for the u don’t have and want

+ XxBlackcat008xX on February 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

why did you take the handles off the trophy, you also didn’t do that great of a job

+ coolcole93 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars!!

+ Trixzter7 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

I’ll be downloading a theme for:
Best PS3 Downloadable Game
* Castle Crashers
Best PSP Downloadable Game
* God of War: Ghost of Sparta
Best PS3/PSP mini
* Age of Zombies
Best PSN Exclusive Game
* Dead Nation

+ adolson on February 15th, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

Those options are incomplete, so I shall say mine here.

Best PS3 Downloadable Game
TerRover

Best PSP Downloadable Game
Ys SEVEN

Best PS3/PSP mini
5 in 1 Solitaire

Best PSN Exclusive Game
TerRover

+ joseph2411 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

Where do you have vote? Here or directly on PSN store?
Oh and i also think its too hard to choose, all of them are great :S …and why no MGS Peacewalker :(

+ Dafreakzo on February 15th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

@12 that’s what I’m saying. I have every game in Best PS3 Downloadable Game EXCEPT Castle Crashers. I WONDER which game I will be voting for…hmmmm….

+ Andrey-C on February 15th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

How come Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker was not nominated for Best PSP Downloadable Game? If you even read this, I really need an explanation. :(

+ adolson on February 15th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Oh snap, 5 in 1 Solitaire was released in 2011.. Hmm, ok, for Minis, I say… Alien Zombie Death.

+ dh4645 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

i already have most of those from ps+ for free or at a discount. guess i’ll vote for the ones i dont have yet.

+ Trixzter7 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Jesus, most of you didn’t even the read to post on how voting works…

+ KazeEternal on February 15th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Who decided this sorry excuse of a list? I like Lunar and all (did the first two versions I played of it), but MGS PW is far more deserving of being there (doesn’t mean I don’t want to see Lunar Eternal Blue out of Xseed). I’m pretty sure there were better games all around.

+ Jay_Dogg_76 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Huh…the system is flawed b/c I’m more likely to vote for a game I haven’t played and want (on the cheap) instead of what I genuinely think is the best game in the category!

+ JonJonXD on February 15th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Scott Pilgrim and Joe Danger! :D

+ timmy19888 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

i say deathspank is the best psn game. for exclusive its dead nation. all minis suck and psp sucks so those 2 wont get my votes. and i own both deathspanks and dead nation but im still voting for those anyway. its the honest thing to do.

+ GameOverGreggy on February 15th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

IGN has a voting guide up: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1149672p1.html

+ tuffguy6 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Res Evil 5!

+ thor_604 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

Where is Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker???? It’s the best PSP title by far!!

+ SuMtOnE on February 15th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

@XMBEANE: My thoughts exactly lol. So please vote for a game you wish to buy with a discount.

+ MakulaTolkien on February 15th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX

Best PSP Downloadable Game
METAL GEAR SOLID: Peace Walker

Best PS3/PSP mini
Age of Zombies

Best PSN Exclusive Game
Joe Danger

+ BroderickAU on February 15th, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

Please vote for Hustle Kings because I’ve been waiting for it to be discounted :P

+ SmooshyKing on February 15th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

#21:

Kids don’t read anymore (unless it’s a text message on their phone with less than 140 characters).

+ Superstrokey1123 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

Wish there was a DLC category. There has been so much good DLC this year.

+ Pulkachu on February 15th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

No Plants vs Zombies? no Angry Birds? too bad.

+ Markxman on February 15th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

If only Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep was downloadable u.u

btw how can they put God of War but not Peace Walker :/

+ ShadowOfEden on February 15th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

So in theory, we can vote for multiple games?

+ drdre74 on February 15th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Hmmmm no metal gear for psp????? That’s crazy. God of war is great and glad it’s on the list but Metal gear has to make the list to this is crazy.

+ twistedfloyd on February 15th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Ghost of Sparta was my favorite PSP game this year, but whoever made this list has to be crazy not to include Peace Walker.

+ that-acmilan-guy on February 15th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Yeah like post # 1 says, we need a DLC category. Also hope we can sound off like this regularly

+ todd567 on February 15th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

i dont like any of those……

+ Faria1st on February 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Angry Birds should be in the minis section. It is better then all the minis listed.

+ station3fever on February 15th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

i bought PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX while it was a short game, it was also very fun to play :)

+ Faria1st on February 15th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Also, no Plants vs. Zombies? It is literally the absolute best PSN downloadable to date.

+ remanutd5 on February 15th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

God of War Ghost of Sparta , Dead Nation and Young Thor get my vote

+ feralthing on February 15th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

MGS Peacewalker didnt make the list cause they dont want to have to put it on sale.

+ Korbei83 on February 15th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

The Sprint sponsorship makes me assume this is US only.

+ adolson on February 15th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

PvZ and Angry Birds are not 2010 releases. That is why they aren’t on the list. They came out this year (on PSN, that is..).

+ jqtaxpayer on February 15th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

@19: Maybe because they don’t want to offer a discount on it?

PAGE 1 2 3 4