PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards Needs YOU! Vote For Your Favorite PSN Games Today

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar + Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Feb 15, 2011 // Director, Digital Distribution

Today we’re excited to announce the first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards, which gives YOU the power to recognize your favorite games. Kicking off this year, we have 20 of the highest user rated games released in 2010 as nominees competing in four categories – Best PS3 Downloadable Game, Best PSP Downloadable Game, Best PS3/PSP mini and Best PSN Exclusive Game.

PSN Gamer's Choice Awards 2011

From February 22 until March 1, PSN users have the chance to vote for your favorite game in each of the four categories by downloading a free XMB theme corresponding to that game. At the end of the voting period, the four winning games – one per category – will go on sale at a 30% discount in the PlayStation Store and will also be available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers. Get your vote on, but remember you can only vote once in each category.

Whether you’ve played it a million times or you know you’d just love it, be sure you make your voice heard and cast your vote. The 20 games nominated in this year’s PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards are as follows:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game

Best PSP Downloadable Game

Best PS3/PSP mini

Best PSN Exclusive Game

Check back here on March 7 to learn which game took home the prize in each category and then look for those titles to be featured in our PlayStation Store Spring Fever event at promotional prices you won’t want to miss.

158 Comments

+ Sneeches on February 15th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

awesome, but i already own most of those games lol

+ Ethereal on February 15th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

Awesome idea guys. Love to vote for my favorite PSN games. Probably going to pick up a few at 50% off as well. Oh and thanks for the free themes!

+ starBlinky01 on February 15th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

uhh. How do we even vote..?

anyways here’s what ill vote for:
1) costume quest
2) Lunar Silver
3) age of zombies
4) dead nation

+ WARRIOR_4_JC on February 15th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

This is Great. I am glad to see this on the PSN. So many Great Games this last year & this year as well. I am glad to see these games get support like this. CC for me.

+ tacotaskforce on February 15th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

Sounds like we’ll be voting on which free theme we like the most more than the quality of any of the games.

+ fuzzyclutter on February 15th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

@ 4 vote for a game based on your desire of purchase rather than merit ???? YOUR KIDDING RIGHT ? that makes it just a popularity contest . your vote for “best” means nothing if you’v never played it . do the intelligent thing and vote on merit.

+ zapfacid on February 15th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

Why isn’t Dead Nation on the list?

+ zapfacid on February 15th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

Ooops, I missed that last section when I posted that

+ fuzzyclutter on February 15th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

oh wait … i see . vote for games you want because you want the discount . yeeeah sounds like a stupid way to throw away your vote considering that what you vote for is hot guaranteed to win … but so be it , as the saying goes “if the village idiot is driving the bus off a cliff … take the train . “

+ xXiRoNcHaOzXx on February 15th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

lolol this is so kewl

+ EggySong85 on February 15th, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

so no Tuesday PSN update? What’s going on? PS Plus get anything today?

+ TapDatApp on February 15th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

No Stacking or Fat Princess?

+ ccanfield1 on February 15th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Great idea to combine giving awards and giving discounts, to get community members involved. Keep it up guys !

+ Kchow23 on February 15th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

WHERE IS MGS PEACE WALKER?

+ Kchow23 on February 15th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

also is this open to Canada?

+ El_Hoardo on February 16th, 2011 at 12:36 am said:

Man, getting Dead Nation and Pacman for 50% off would be sweet. I’ve tried both and they’re great, but I’m just too cheap to part with my money given the backlog I have.

+ ynp7 on February 16th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

What if we want all of the themes? Is it only going to allow one download per category per account? Seems like that’d be the only way to keep all of the categories from ending in a draw, but even then it’s so simple to just create more PSN accounts and download the theme using those. I mean, who doesn’t already have 5 PSN accounts?

+ Sveznajko on February 17th, 2011 at 12:54 am said:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game
* Costume Quest , though it’s a tough one.

Don’t own a psp.

+ loi88 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:23 am said:

I wish if they added dead nation :/ but iwant some SFIV avatars free!

+ ScarReaper83 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

how do i vote its the 22nd and none of the themes are on there to download???????

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

Scar ya most likely will have to wait till PS Store updates later today to be able to find those themes… look again later after update =)

+ ScarReaper83 on February 22nd, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

do u know when the update uselly is

+ Andrefpvs on February 22nd, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

If you don’t vote for Persona 3 Portable that means you haven’t played it.

+ fillio on February 22nd, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

can’t wait to cast my vote i’m thinking Scott Pilgrim for sure, then Ghost of Sparta, Age of Zombies was the bomb (especially having got it free through Plus), and cap it off with The exceptional Sam & Max Season.

+ marcrko on February 22nd, 2011 at 7:42 pm said:

if i had to pick for Best PS3 Downloadable Game it would be songs for rock band 3 for Best PSP Downloadable Game is NBA for Best PS3 is Smackdown vs raw games/ Harry Potter games for Best PSN Exclusive Game is NBA 2k11/ Harry Potter games/ Rock Band games/ and Smackdown vs raw games

+ trav54 on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:21 pm said:

Hmmm….looks like all the themes are the same.

+ Draggydragon on February 22nd, 2011 at 11:46 pm said:

Oh Gosh why such dumb game as Costume quest got in the list? Faery legend of Avalon is much better in all departments!

+ Steema on February 22nd, 2011 at 11:51 pm said:

Would have been a lot more cool if the themes were custom for the game you voted on. Otherwise where is the value to those who own a game they would normally vote for? A smart gamer votes for a game they want on sale. This was pointless.

+ QUINTISON on February 23rd, 2011 at 4:49 am said:

Apparently we’re supposed to vote while on the ps store itself.

I don’t know why they simply didn’t send us a survey vote ballot so
we could do it right in the browser straight from the e-mail.

Oh well i’ll hit up yhe store later as right now i’m waiting on my hellgast edition of kz3 so i’ll be playing some kz2 to get ready.

+ chack2685 on February 23rd, 2011 at 6:42 am said:

I Don`t have any of this games lol

+ Rocketcakes on February 23rd, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

I don’t have any of those games. T.T

How and where do we vote? I’d like to see
Pac Man win.. >.>

+ brickjuice3 on February 23rd, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

Pac-Man has came up..This game is VERY FAST n Exciting…The challenge r the next levels……5*……God of War is very graffic and very realistic…..

+ XWEETOK on February 23rd, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

All the nominees should be discounted

+ SawnOff-ksa on February 23rd, 2011 at 2:17 pm said:

voting has done!

+ Olveragee on February 23rd, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

How do you download the theme?

+ artistassassin on February 23rd, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

there alot more better games to put there why some of the dull ones ;(

+ ZiggyMC on February 23rd, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

This kinda sucks;
On one hand you have the opportunity to vote, let yourself be heard. And you’re able to get some cool stuff for voting.

On the other hand, you have the opportunity of people to vote for games simply b/c they want them.

In ways both aren’t bad, I just wish there was an easier way.

+ keyblade20 on February 23rd, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

i vote for RADIATA

VALKYRIE PROFILE SILMERIA
KINGDOM OF HEARTS
GOD OF WAR GHOST OF SPARTA
RESIDENT EVIL 5
CASTLEVANIA LORD OF SHADOWS
FINAL FANTASY CRISIS CORE
THIRD BIRTHDAY

GIVE ME FREE VOUNCHERS Codes!! Or FREE Psp games waaaaaaaaah!! =P

+ Toxic_Blackout98 on February 23rd, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

Where is Black Ops??? The most amazing game of the year…

+ jehuty25 on February 23rd, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

You have download something just to vote on it? lame

+ Djtech04 on February 23rd, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Best PS3 Downloadable Game
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX

Best PSP Downloadable Game
METAL GEAR SOLID: Peace Walker

Best PS3/PSP mini
Age of Zombies

Best PSN Exclusive Game
Joe Danger

+ AzureFantasy on February 23rd, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

P3p was awesome…. But what’s the point of putting it at 50% off? It was just on sale for 20.00 a few weeks ago…
And i think people should vote for the games they liked, not the ones they want… I mean, we might see more sequels to games with more votes. (hoping p2 innocent sin portable comes out to u.s.)

+ whitedevil02 on February 23rd, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

where’s god of war 3??

+ Bonemeal_1 on February 23rd, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

@Nintendo451 Post #11: There’s truth in that. I suppose it’s like sharing with the few that haven’t tried the game. Kinda like a democratic “Greatest Hits” designating. Though, to vote on a game you don’t own is more an attempt at self-serving. “Hey, I’ll vote for a game I DON’T own – but really want – so that I can buy it for cheap!” (In other words, I agree with you about being genuine and giving accolades to devs. who deserve it.)

There are only two categories I will be voting in, as I don’t own a PS3. Still, I’ll list them there.

BEST PSP GAME:

P3P

BEST PS3/PSP MINI:

Age of Zombies

+ finnn62 on February 23rd, 2011 at 11:46 pm said:

I voted for Sam & Max cause I own it and it was awesome and Scott Pilgrim cause I tried the demo and it looks pretty cool and I’d kinda like the discount.

I’m kind of sad we don’t get actual themes, but get those generic line of hidden/gold trophies themes instead.

+ morticia06 on February 24th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

nice but what about DLC?

+ Jrzshore on February 24th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

This is the dumbest way of voting ever. Just make it something on here, seriously.

+ jjstar259 on February 24th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said: