PlayStation Vue

Feb 18

20909Hotspot-SingStar-80:Layout 1

inFAMOUS 2 Countdown Begins: Release Date, Pre-Orders & HERO Edition Announced!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Chuck Lacson on Feb 18, 2011 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Last Friday, an inFAMOUS 2 post broke down the power of choice in inFAMOUS 2 and spawned some very energetic comments on not just the Karma system, but another topic as well –

“Release date please!”- TomHoang

“Please give us a release date already! Geez!”- DeviantBoi

Well to Tom, Deviant, Mila, and the rest of you amazing fans, we are happy to announce that inFAMOUS 2 will be launching in North America exclusively on the PlayStation 3 on June 7th, 2011!

In about 4 months, players will finally begin the next chapter in Cole’s adventures. (Packfront Alert!)

On top of this, we’d love to confirm that on that same day we are also launching the inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition (aka the Best Kept Secret EVER) for $99.99 (msrp).

20909Hotspot-SingStar-80:Layout 1

Short of actual electrical super powers, the HERO Edition delivers everything an inFamous fan could want including a highly detailed 8.5” Cole MacGrath statue, a sportable sling pack modeled after Cole’s own in-game gear, the inFAMOUS #1 mini comic from DC Comics, the official inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition Soundtrack and a super voucher code for a collection of in-game content.

Starting today participating retailers kick off official pre-order programs letting you score one of the following bonus items listed below.

Cole’s nasty new weapon definitely delivers the pain, but when you pre-order at you can get a gold (in-game) version to dish it out in style.

KESSLER_Concept art

Experience inFAMOUS 2 as Cole’s super-powered nemesis from the first inFAMOUS story if you pre-order from Best Buy.

Lightning Hook

GameStop fans can unlock this special power with their pre-order, an electro-kinetic tether that lets you snare and pull enemies and objects towards Cole.

Electrocution Grenade

Visit Walmart and pre-order to get powerful grenade that ties enemies down with arcing electricity before going BOOM.

Blending the funk and jazz of New Orleans’ own Galactic, with the rock sounds of Bryan “Brain” Mantia (Primus & Guns and Roses), we’ve created a soundtrack that is pure inFAMOUS 2. Music lovers can download this special soundtrack if they pre-order from participating retailers.

Hope this is exciting news for everyone. Look out for more great updates to come, both on or right here on the PS blogosphere!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ B-rabbit54 on February 20th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Hey where can i go to pre order the heroic edition i want to know ill be getting it right away

+ momar996 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

i have the first 1 LOVED it cant wait for the sequel
if any 1 wants to play online with me add me my psn is: momar996

+ jayrockslife on February 20th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

How the heck did I miss this post?!
I’m so pre-ordering the Hero Edition when I go to pick up Killzone 3 on tuesday!

+ Kaze_88 on February 21st, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Amazon, Best Buy, Wallmart…tough love guys, none of these retailers are not in Europe (eventough we have gamestop they dont give these special preorder DLC’s). So EU preorder fans get nothing, grrreat. could it even be possible to get those powers/skins from psn little after releas on FAIR price? seriously i would want atleast one of those, but here its not possible to get any of those which is a real bummer. im pretty sure that every EU gamer feels the same.

+ TM1619 on February 21st, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

Can’t wait! I loved inFAMOUS… first game I pre-ordered to get on release date. I was that hyped. And it truly delivered.

I’d get the HERO Edition, but other games have my interest, and I can’t have everything, but the core game of inFAMOUS 2 is still a day-one for me. Can’t wait! June 7th needs to get here faster!

+ Capshot18 on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

This game is going to be awesome, I just have one question.
Does this have the “Original Cole Skin” that the EU seems to be getting? Just wondering.

+ MicxDao on February 22nd, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

Can you buy the bonuses of the psn store?

+ spiderbox123 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

I am still trying to decide weather I should pre-order this game or not. I would have pre-ordered it for sure like I did with inFamous 1 if it bought the uncharted 3 multiplayer beta. PLZ CONSIDER THIS IDEA!!!! I WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT PRE-ORDER THIS GAME. :)

+ frederikhs on February 28th, 2011 at 2:33 am said:

Does the Hero Edition come in Europa, country like Denmark, England, France and so on?

+ frederikhs on February 28th, 2011 at 2:38 am said:

And can i get the bonuses on psn store, if i dont buy hero edition?

+ mantes2123 on February 28th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

infamous 2 does have multiplayer !?

+ hobb123 on March 4th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

what kind of fabric is backpack made of ?

+ martcial on March 5th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

Hey, I want to know the exact size of the sling pack, please is all I need before deciding to buy the Hero Edition.

+ jarod344 on March 5th, 2011 at 10:49 pm said:

OMG man I canot wait until INFAMOUS2 comes out im going to get this game because i am a total fan .The new things about Cole is going to be awesome I would go crazy if I saw

+ jarod344 on March 5th, 2011 at 10:53 pm said:

OMG man i canot wait until INFAMOUS2 comes out im going to get this game because I am a total fan.The new things about Cole is going to be awesome .If I saw Cole righr know.Love this game cause when this game comes out in playstation store 4 demo im going 2 play the demo

+ FearlessSasuke on March 10th, 2011 at 11:07 pm said:

I seriously hope that the bag is a bag I can wear rather than just a smaller version of what I thought.

+ FearlessSasuke on March 10th, 2011 at 11:15 pm said:

Edit: I just saw amazon screenshot of the bag *Pre ordering*.

+ SamsterT97 on March 12th, 2011 at 5:51 am said:

Is it true that its only gonna be realeased in the uk in decemebr? Cos if so thats just stupid whats the point?

+ ndc13 on March 18th, 2011 at 7:37 am said:

I already posted this on the European blog, but no answer, so:
I notice that there are differences in the NTSC and PAL versions of the Hero Edition, the Pal one comes with every extra collectible along with the game, the NTSC version is missing Cole’s downloadable jacket skin. Or has there been a change in what comes in the final Hero Ed? Please clarify this.

And can I know if the Hero Edition comes to Abu Dhabi, its a first day buy for me!!
I would hope that the complete one (PAL) arrives here cause the UAE follows PEGI and always orders PAL, and I am an inFamous freak!
The skins just rock!!
and the sling bag is like dream come true.
Someone answer, thanx.

+ ndc13 on March 18th, 2011 at 7:38 am said:

OH (ALMOST FORGOT) and, the Normal Special Edition cover which is good or evil,
does that change with 3D like the Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time Special Ed (which I couldn’t get cause of Abu Dhabi not getting the cool stuff) or does it come in two separate covers.
I really hope the full Hero Edition comes in Abu Dhabi, though im thankful to have bought the first games Special Ed in the last week it was being sold, the box art is amazing like a 3D comic book!!

If the Hero Ed comes to Abu Dhabi please give me a list of retailers and stores that should be getting it, again, Thank you :D

+ TapDatApp on February 18th, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Glad to finally have some solid information on this title. To be honest, I haven’t really been all that crazy over what we’ve been shown of this game so far, but the original inFAMOUS was one of the best single-player games I had ever played and my birthday is right before the sequel’s release date, so I’ll just probably end up getting Hero Edition as a gift from myself ;)

P.S. I’m surprised, but I actually like the Box Cover! Nicely done in the epicness scale.

+ JAPANFAN_1 on February 18th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

YES!!! Can’t wait for this game! This is just another reason why I love Playstation and why it is better than Nintendo and Xbox.

+ Maddaye on February 18th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

The cover is kind of disgusting. Please fix this.

+ iamlorddrift on February 18th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

If I pre-order from EB games, will i get the gamestop bonus?

+ Adonnix on February 18th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

Not interested in the hero edition, I was disappointed with some of the extras for LBP2 SE, won’t be making that mistake again. Will the supervoucher be available anywhere other than in the hero edition?

+ HMS_Victor on February 18th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

European cover looks better again! Same as it did with Heavy Rain. I love it when that happens

+ Ibeki on February 18th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

I’m getting ready to head to my local gamestop and upgrade my pre-order to hero edition. and just when i was thinking you guys werent gonna give out a special edition.

+ Dragoon-00 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

Will the DLC be avaible for everyone on the playstation store at or around launch.

+ sleepy92 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

*******Hello Sony Computer Enterntertainment*******

We want Uncharted 3 closed beta keys with pre orders of inFAMOUS 2!

Where’s the EVIL Edition Sucker Punch? I my first playthrough will always be evil.

I don’t know where to put the Uncharted 4 Offroad Racing closed beta key’s, Maybe in Sly 4 pre order? :D By then Insomniac will have their wonderful new multiplatform ip ^,.,^

PS3 owners better start saving up, we’ve got the most exclusives to buy and I don’t even know how many multiplats, probably 100’s all accross the widest variety of genres known to console.

+ The_Ottsel on February 18th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

Awsome game, I’ll buy it for sure!!! But please, CHANGE THE COVER, THE EUROPEAN ONE IS MUCH BETTER. Just look at IGN and you will see that most of the people think this way.

+ theXecutioner on February 18th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

“Online interactions not rated by ESRB”

Nice, June 7th. I can’t wait to pick-WWWHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?

+ silentj14 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

I’m pretty psyched about this, but I do have to admit that I like the EU box art better. It seems to display the choice that comes with power. Whatever you guys decide to do, I’m psyched, and I’ll likely spring for the hero edition as well.

+ Dragoon-00 on February 18th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

Why are there different box arts for North American version and the European version of the game?

+ mantes2123 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

the only reason for me 2 buy hero edition is because of that sling pack thingee ..i want the sling pack so badly i just can’t sleep without it :D

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

Hey Chuck do you know if the dlc for infamous 2 that you can get in subway footlong appreciation is different than this ( theres no name on it just a general description

+ FC-Man on February 18th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

Is there going to be an EVIL edition?

+ ckpotc on February 18th, 2011 at 5:38 pm said:

I just finished the first one and loved it and can’t wait for this one!

Can you please change the cover art to the Europe edition. Everyone seems to like that one a lot more.

+ korgon117 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:41 pm said:

+ python1210 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Awesome! Im getting the Hero Edition Day 1!

+ jonny_boy103 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

DEMO!!!! MUST PLAY DEMO!!!!! And yes, Playstation is getting so many monies from me this year it should be illegal! but idc cuz EVERY GAME IS WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!! :D… you could help a broke gamer out sony :) jk. The lineup ROCKS XD

+ scoobycool on February 18th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

So, when are the pre-order pages (for the Hero edition) going to be up on Best Buy, Walmart, & GameStop?

+ Sean196 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

Hey chuck, cant wait for infamous 2! any confirmation of the date or hero edition for europe?

+ LordKaiser00 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:41 pm said:

I got a important question. Will the voucher code have a expiration date? I ask because some Voucher had 1 like the voucher of Pain who came with the MGS4 PS3.

+ LucidUzigko on February 18th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on February 18th, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

If I sell you my soul can I just get every game you guys are making for the rest of the year. With all these games, I’m sure I’d be getting the better end of the deal.

+ Darth_Karki on February 18th, 2011 at 7:44 pm said:

Very cool. One question though: CVG posted that there is also a “Special Edition” that includes an Original Cole costume that looks awesome:

Does that not come with the Hero edition? I’d hate to spend $100 on that and not get everything. However if I am assured that every piece of DLC is included I will have no hesitation.

+ Huckleberry880 on February 18th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

Chuck – Can you tell us what the statue is made of? Is it plastic? Pewter? Solid Gold? Left over E.T. cartridges?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 18th, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

Pure awesome.

+ Teddified on February 18th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

Is there a way to get the infamous 1 jacket then? Since it seems to be Hero EU only.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 18th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

Stay tuned to the blog or look out on

PAGE 1 3 4 5