PS4 - Transistor

inFAMOUS 2 Countdown Begins: Release Date, Pre-Orders & HERO Edition Announced!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Feb 18, 2011 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Last Friday, an inFAMOUS 2 post broke down the power of choice in inFAMOUS 2 and spawned some very energetic comments on not just the Karma system, but another topic as well -

“Release date please!”- TomHoang

“Please give us a release date already! Geez!”- DeviantBoi

“PLEASE TELLS US THE RELEASE DATE SO I COULD MARK IT ON MY CALENDER AND SAVE MONEY FROM NOW !!”- MilaNumber14

Well to Tom, Deviant, Mila, and the rest of you amazing fans, we are happy to announce that inFAMOUS 2 will be launching in North America exclusively on the PlayStation 3 on June 7th, 2011!

In about 4 months, players will finally begin the next chapter in Cole’s adventures. (Packfront Alert!)

INF2_KeyArt_vF_RGB

On top of this, we’d love to confirm that on that same day we are also launching the inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition (aka the Best Kept Secret EVER) for $99.99 (msrp).

20909Hotspot-SingStar-80:Layout 1

Short of actual electrical super powers, the HERO Edition delivers everything an inFamous fan could want including a highly detailed 8.5” Cole MacGrath statue, a sportable sling pack modeled after Cole’s own in-game gear, the inFAMOUS #1 mini comic from DC Comics, the official inFAMOUS 2 HERO Edition Soundtrack and a super voucher code for a collection of in-game content.

Starting today participating retailers kick off official pre-order programs letting you score one of the following bonus items listed below.

24K GOLD AMP

Gold_Amp

Cole’s nasty new weapon definitely delivers the pain, but when you pre-order at Amazon.com you can get a gold (in-game) version to dish it out in style.

KESSLER SKIN

KESSLER_Concept art

Experience inFAMOUS 2 as Cole’s super-powered nemesis from the first inFAMOUS story if you pre-order from Best Buy.

LIGHTNING HOOK

Lightning Hook

GameStop fans can unlock this special power with their pre-order, an electro-kinetic tether that lets you snare and pull enemies and objects towards Cole.

ELECTROCUTION GRENADE

Electrocution Grenade

Visit Walmart and pre-order to get powerful grenade that ties enemies down with arcing electricity before going BOOM.

DIGITAL SOUNDTRACK

Blending the funk and jazz of New Orleans’ own Galactic, with the rock sounds of Bryan “Brain” Mantia (Primus & Guns and Roses), we’ve created a soundtrack that is pure inFAMOUS 2. Music lovers can download this special soundtrack if they pre-order from participating retailers.

Hope this is exciting news for everyone. Look out for more great updates to come, both on INFAMOUSTHEGAME.com or right here on the PS blogosphere!

PAGE 1 3 4 5

+ XxNo0b_H8rxX on February 18th, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

If I sell you my soul can I just get every game you guys are making for the rest of the year. With all these games, I’m sure I’d be getting the better end of the deal.

+ Darth_Karki on February 18th, 2011 at 7:44 pm said:

Very cool. One question though: CVG posted that there is also a “Special Edition” that includes an Original Cole costume that looks awesome:

Does that not come with the Hero edition? I’d hate to spend $100 on that and not get everything. However if I am assured that every piece of DLC is included I will have no hesitation.

+ Huckleberry880 on February 18th, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

Chuck – Can you tell us what the statue is made of? Is it plastic? Pewter? Solid Gold? Left over E.T. cartridges?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 18th, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

Pure awesome.

+ Teddified on February 18th, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

Is there a way to get the infamous 1 jacket then? Since it seems to be Hero EU only.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 18th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

Stay tuned to the blog or look out on InfamousTheGame.com

+ RavageHeitaro on February 18th, 2011 at 10:15 pm said:

A June release is just PERFECT! Now i have enough time to clear my backlog and spend quality time with GT5,LBP2 and KZ3.

Cool cover design btw ;)

+ juan661 on February 18th, 2011 at 10:47 pm said:

Chuck Lacson, why does Europe get all the good stuff? Not only do they have the better game box art, they also have a “Special Edition” that the US doesn’t have, which includes

“a stunning HD 3D lenticular cover.

* ‘Electrocution Grenade’ limited edition power
* ‘Original Cole’ skin
* ‘Golden Amp’”

Can the US at least get the Original Cole skin also? Ugh, I don’t even know why SP changed Cole’s look…

+ jonboy_jlf_2004 on February 18th, 2011 at 11:54 pm said:

I’ve always thought collector’s editions were completely pointless. Thank you for proving me wrong ;)

Just pre-ordered on Amazon.

+ korgon117 on February 19th, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

I must have the Hero edition I MUST! Sucker Punch really knows how to do a good special edition! Wish it wasn’t $100, but who am I kidding I’m getting it anyway lol.

+ JonLon on February 19th, 2011 at 4:39 am said:

Definitely considering the Hero Edition, even though it is a little bit pricey (Bring it down 10 bucks and I’m sold!).

Please use the EU cover too! The US cover comes across as typical for a video game, while the EU cover is powerful and mysterious – people love mystery ;)

+ wrestlemania0226 on February 19th, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

I thought Infamous was the type of game where you can be a Hero OR a Villain/Infamous…Sony….are you hiding a Infamous edition from us? ;D

+ dunce51 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

YES!!!! the first infamous was one of my favorite game and ive been waiting so much to hear when the new one will come out the only thing that sucks is that i cant get it on day one because ill be in BCT but the good news is ill be getting out a little after it comes out so ill be getting it for sure

+ Stringer2355 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

Are “Lightning Hook” & “Electrocution Grenade” are they regular powers you obtain when playing through the game or are they exclusive just to pre orders? Are they limited powers or can they be upgraded ?

The Soundtrack is only available through Hero Edition ?

+ MilaNumber14 on February 19th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

LOL I got quoted 8D

First time I saw the article I was laughing hysterically, because I got quoted on the internet and I have a grammatical mistake.

Why does the European box art look better than the American :/ ??

+ ompong1993 on February 19th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

So if the backpack can hold a standard size laptop. The only question i have is: Is the backpack made out of good quality materials? like Jansport backpack that i have since 7 grade and now im 11 grade and im still using it. I dont wanna buy this edition for the backpack and has holes in it the next day. I like the statue though. Cant wait for the game!

+ WarGod_83 on February 19th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

Can’t wait…..Sony is the best..Are you guys also going to integrate MOVE into InFamous 2 in future ?

+ theultimatenub on February 19th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

awesome

+ LordKaiser00 on February 19th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

voucher code have a expiration date? Need to know so I can buy another to keep it sealed.

+ LionFranco on February 19th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

I guess i’m the only person in the world that wishes there were a “New Cole” skin. I really liked the redesign of the character, because Cole’s face was the part i liked the least about the first game. Also, can we get the EU box art? Seriously, its much better.

But i’m preordering the Hero Edition TODAY!

+ LordKaiser00 on February 19th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

Yep I voted for that Idea in the blog share about costumes. I would like a costume of the prototype Cole from the first trailers. I also voted for the Lighting edition idea who is actually this Hero edition so that idea should be marked as in action.

+ Sonic133rd on February 19th, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

I heard on the EU Blog that when you get Hero Edition you get An Awesome Cover. So for you fans out there, you will be able to get hold of the inFamous 2 Hero Edition which will have a stunning HD 3D lenticular cover. Not so sure about the NA. :/

+ BryanPace on February 19th, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

Did anyone else see that it said “online interactions” on the cover?
Am I the only one that didn’t already know about and online feature?

+ camdendomville on February 19th, 2011 at 7:39 pm said:

looks awesome can not believe i have not played the first one when i actually get a day off of work i am diffidently going to play XD lol

+ GooDxAnDxBaD on February 19th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

Will the Hero Edition be available in Australia?

+ goofyslapper865 on February 19th, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

Hero Edition all the way can not wait for this game.

+ JaguarCRO on February 19th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

Hero Edition on the way and I will keep my original Pre-order to pass on to a friend to hook them on the game as well.

Of course you do pick the first day of E3 to release which will mean I will have to wait a few days but I am sure it will be worth it.

+ BigTStanley on February 19th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

I just have to say that I am REALLY looking forward to this release! I also have to admit that the $99.99 price point for the Hero Edition is VERY reasonable for a “special edition” release (especially for what you get! — Every pre-order bonus DLC!?! On top of everything else?!? That’s awesome!). If the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition was being released at that price point, I for one, would have been more tempted to pre-order that version of the game.

Still, can’t wait for this one (and Killzone 3 — C’mon, isn’t it Tuesday yet???) and June can’t get here soon enough! This has been an amazing couple of years for PlayStation exclusive games and every single one of them have been incredible!

+ ten3ightyHD on February 19th, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

PLEASE use the same boxart as Europe! The U.S. boxart is kinda weak.

+ bc46feon on February 19th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

man i hope its way better than the last one

+ B-rabbit54 on February 20th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Hey where can i go to pre order the heroic edition i want to know ill be getting it right away

+ momar996 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

i have the first 1 LOVED it cant wait for the sequel
if any 1 wants to play online with me add me my psn is: momar996

+ jayrockslife on February 20th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

How the heck did I miss this post?!
I’m so pre-ordering the Hero Edition when I go to pick up Killzone 3 on tuesday!

+ Kaze_88 on February 21st, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Amazon, Best Buy, Wallmart…tough love guys, none of these retailers are not in Europe (eventough we have gamestop they dont give these special preorder DLC’s). So EU preorder fans get nothing, grrreat. could it even be possible to get those powers/skins from psn little after releas on FAIR price? seriously i would want atleast one of those, but here its not possible to get any of those which is a real bummer. im pretty sure that every EU gamer feels the same.

+ TM1619 on February 21st, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

Can’t wait! I loved inFAMOUS… first game I pre-ordered to get on release date. I was that hyped. And it truly delivered.

I’d get the HERO Edition, but other games have my interest, and I can’t have everything, but the core game of inFAMOUS 2 is still a day-one for me. Can’t wait! June 7th needs to get here faster!

+ Capshot18 on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:25 pm said:

This game is going to be awesome, I just have one question.
Does this have the “Original Cole Skin” that the EU seems to be getting? Just wondering.

+ MicxDao on February 22nd, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

Can you buy the bonuses of the psn store?

+ spiderbox123 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

I am still trying to decide weather I should pre-order this game or not. I would have pre-ordered it for sure like I did with inFamous 1 if it bought the uncharted 3 multiplayer beta. PLZ CONSIDER THIS IDEA!!!! I WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT PRE-ORDER THIS GAME. :)

+ frederikhs on February 28th, 2011 at 2:33 am said:

Does the Hero Edition come in Europa, country like Denmark, England, France and so on?

+ frederikhs on February 28th, 2011 at 2:38 am said:

And can i get the bonuses on psn store, if i dont buy hero edition?

+ mantes2123 on February 28th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

infamous 2 does have multiplayer !?

+ hobb123 on March 4th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

what kind of fabric is backpack made of ?

+ martcial on March 5th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

Hey, I want to know the exact size of the sling pack, please is all I need before deciding to buy the Hero Edition.

+ jarod344 on March 5th, 2011 at 10:49 pm said:

OMG man I canot wait until INFAMOUS2 comes out im going to get this game because i am a total fan .The new things about Cole is going to be awesome I would go crazy if I saw

+ jarod344 on March 5th, 2011 at 10:53 pm said:

OMG man i canot wait until INFAMOUS2 comes out im going to get this game because I am a total fan.The new things about Cole is going to be awesome .If I saw Cole righr know.Love this game cause when this game comes out in playstation store 4 demo im going 2 play the demo

+ FearlessSasuke on March 10th, 2011 at 11:07 pm said:

I seriously hope that the bag is a bag I can wear rather than just a smaller version of what I thought.

+ FearlessSasuke on March 10th, 2011 at 11:15 pm said:

Edit: I just saw amazon screenshot of the bag *Pre ordering*.

+ SamsterT97 on March 12th, 2011 at 5:51 am said:

Is it true that its only gonna be realeased in the uk in decemebr? Cos if so thats just stupid whats the point?

+ ndc13 on March 18th, 2011 at 7:37 am said:

I already posted this on the European blog, but no answer, so:
I notice that there are differences in the NTSC and PAL versions of the Hero Edition, the Pal one comes with every extra collectible along with the game, the NTSC version is missing Cole’s downloadable jacket skin. Or has there been a change in what comes in the final Hero Ed? Please clarify this.

And can I know if the Hero Edition comes to Abu Dhabi, its a first day buy for me!!
I would hope that the complete one (PAL) arrives here cause the UAE follows PEGI and always orders PAL, and I am an inFamous freak!
The skins just rock!!
and the sling bag is like dream come true.
Someone answer, thanx.
:D

+ ndc13 on March 18th, 2011 at 7:38 am said:

OH (ALMOST FORGOT) and, the Normal Special Edition cover which is good or evil,
does that change with 3D like the Ratchet and Clank A Crack in Time Special Ed (which I couldn’t get cause of Abu Dhabi not getting the cool stuff) or does it come in two separate covers.
I really hope the full Hero Edition comes in Abu Dhabi, though im thankful to have bought the first games Special Ed in the last week it was being sold, the box art is amazing like a 3D comic book!!

If the Hero Ed comes to Abu Dhabi please give me a list of retailers and stores that should be getting it, again, Thank you :D

PAGE 1 3 4 5