PS4-The Order

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition: First Unboxing Video

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Feb 18, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Everyone knows that Killzone 3 slams onto the PS3 on February 22nd. But what of the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition? What of its mysteries? We decided to let a familiar face plunge in and reveal the contents. Remember: This is your last weekend to pre-order!

Inside the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, you’ll find:

• Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher, which provides:
    • Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
    • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
    • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    • Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
  • Authentic Helghast Helmet replica, which opens to reveal the art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure by DC Unlimited, which is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points. It won’t be sold at retail!
  • Bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

As you might imagine, supplies are limited.

+ I3rand0 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

Will pick this up once it’s on clearance in a few months.

+ MnGhost1980 on February 18th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

Is the helghast edition the only way to get early access to the Socom 4 beta??

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

No, you can find it on specially marked packages of the Standard Edition as well. Quantities are limited so be quick and pick up your copy as soon as you can!

+ Ratigen on February 18th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

Is there going to be a Meet up at GDC this year ?

+ Jezus on February 18th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

Lol, hilarious..

Great CE, it’s mine next week.

The Helghast are made in Holland guys.

Take a look here :)

+ Insanecyclone on February 18th, 2011 at 4:58 pm said:

>The first batch of Killzone 3 Helghast Edition bundles will also include early access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta.

That also for the normal game too, right? I don’t feel like going back to check on that right now but would suck if it was helghast edition only.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

Yes, early access to the SOCOM 4 multiplayer beta is included on the first batch of the standard edition of Killzone 3 as well.

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

If only the helmet was real Helghan steel… sigh. But, I’ll still be preordering this edition if the helmet is metal or not. Also, sadly this still isn’t as good as the bioshock 2 uber edition :)

+ utopianacht on February 18th, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

this looks awesome.. can we know the weight of this box..? I’m just curious.. and got another question.. those 24 hours are just the first day after the activation or are 24 hours of gameplay online?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 5:17 pm said:

24 hours from voucher code redemption… but don’t stay up all 24 hours! That’s not healthy!

+ IceColdKilla44 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

Y’know, suddenly I’m really interested to see what the Kevin Butler KZ3 commercial will be like after watching this.

You guys DO have a KB commercial for KZ3…..right?

+ ygoloib on February 18th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

does the retro map pack have its own trophies?

+ Ftwrthtx on February 18th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

I’m glad the army guy pack wasn’t sold with this edition. Only 500 of those made and i scored one pack. SWEET!

+ Butters360 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

Hilarious video! You guys need to do this more often. Thanks for the Helghast Edition unboxing. I can’t wait to pick mine up on Tuesday.

+ bennoboster on February 18th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

Hey guys! Awesome vid! Well put together.
Just wondering if the Aus editions will come with the Socom 4 Beta codes aswell or just for you lucky American folk? :)
Again awesome vid :D

+ InfiniteChaos42 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

The eyes should light up. That would be awesome.

+ Kchow23 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

don’t the eyes turn on or you guys decided not to turn them on? good video tho

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

No, the eyes don’t light up with the Helghast Edition. However, the Limited Helghast Edition has eyes that light up. This version can only be won, not purchased.

Stay tuned to see how you can win a copy of your own!

+ babytwon on February 18th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

I can’t wait I’m gonna pre order first thing in morning, do I still have time to get limited edition?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on February 18th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

You do indeed.

+ Kchow23 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

BOOOO!!!!!!!!!! the eyes don’t light up… whoever did the last post about the Helghan Edition lied to me.

+ Kchow23 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

and to quote from a couple posts before:

Kchow23 | February 9th, 2011 at 1:57 pm

btw do the eyes in the helmet turn on/off?

David Bull | February 9th, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Yes, there is a switch to keep the control in your hands.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

That was in reference to the Limited Helghast Edition that we are giving away through contests and sweepstakes. The Killzone 3 Helghast Edition does not have the light up eyes.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on February 18th, 2011 at 5:55 pm said:

Are you talking about the Limited Helghast Edition? We gave out some during the MP beta: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/01/kz3sweepstakes/

+ JesseHaysFL on February 18th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Jeff’s accent is a little rough but awesome vid guys.

+ Sycophant on February 18th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Pre-ordered the day it became available at my local EB/Gamestop. Can’t wait to pick it up.

I love the intensity when he opens the box… “AHHHHH!” and “On Helghan all children play with dolls!”

+ zMd113 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

That was a GREAT video! Please make more!!!
Oh yeah, I can’t wait for KILLZONE 3!!!

+ ballagh on February 18th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

David – Any idea if the remaining Ultimate Helghast editions are going to be for sale anywhere? Cutting it close with release day, and I want to change my preorder to that instead. Thanks.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 18th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

The Limited Helghast Edition cannot be purchased in stores… only won through contests.

+ Kchow23 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

ohh… makes sense they are completely different

+ Kchow23 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Still $129 for that.. least it could do is turn on

+ Stellazira on February 18th, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

Hahaha! That was a great video!

+ Fenrisulfr_ on February 18th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

The helmet being worn looks cool, the one on the table… uh… yeah… no comment.

+ D-Squad3 on February 18th, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

Best unboxing video ever!!!

+ Basindo on February 18th, 2011 at 6:02 pm said:

Da fudge man Kevin Butler should have done the unboxing

+ JakeRuiner on February 18th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

“First, witness the glorious victory of the helghast over the weak, pathetic ISA.”

The ISA lost? I mean, this helghast soldier just said it, and if he were wrong why would he still be alive? Thats sorta disappointing. I was going to buy KZ3 just to find out the end of this great story, but why if I already know how it ends *sigh*…

+ Weshzu on February 18th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

not sure if i’ll get this answered but i got a few questions. Lets say i received a bonus of amazon and gamestop and i ordered the helghast edition. Would i be able to stack all of them? since the helghast edition already contains 24hour unlock and load for weapons and skills would i be able to get it again if i type it in for gamestop’s bonus making it 48hours and on top of that receive a 3 skill point bonus from amazon. Just using as an example or any mix or duplicates of pre-order bonus.

2nd question doesn’t the helghast edition include the steel case with the game as well? or am i mistaken thanks hope i get answered this totally cleared up all the speculations of the helmet kz forum was having

+ digitalman123 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

No retail, but everything shows up on Amazon or eBay eventually…
Gonna need a Sharp-Shooter Move attachment…

+ Budapesti on February 18th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

Jeff, as an LA-based Brit, let me congratulate you on your English/Helghan accent.
I mean, it was at least more convincing than Keanu Reeves in Dracula, or Natalie Portman’s drowning Australian in V for Vendetta.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2011 at 11:30 pm said:

Keanu was “rubbish” in Dracula. Still a great movie though. Thanks!

+ hush404 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

That guys voice needed some digital work… as it was weak as hell. That said, all I want out of that box is the game and figure. I don’t care for artbooks and I wouldn’t know where to stick that ugly head… it should of been an actual mask.

+ Inofensivo on February 18th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

Sorry Jeff I am not North American I am Latin American

+ JakeRuiner on February 18th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

Forgot to ask, how could you see while wearing that helghan mask Sid? It doesn’t look like it has eye holes.

+ Dark_Yoda_313 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

I’m a little disappointed that the 24hrs is actually timed from the moment you input the code; I had assumed it meant your first 24 hrs racked up online. This is a wee bit unfair on those of us whose online time is severely limited by, y’know, work, children and wives – we’re not all students with nothing but time on our hands.

But I’ll still pick up my Helghan edition anyway. One of the few games I’m actively psyched for this year. Cannot wait!

+ angelspawn77 on February 18th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

Looks great, but I don’t have the cash for that atm :/

+ KwietStorm on February 18th, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Needs spawning on squad leader

+ D_Zcorpion on February 18th, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

How much for the IRL Helghast suit!?

+ Umichana on February 18th, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

So, how big is the helmet? =P ~230mm?

+ Budapesti on February 18th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

@JakeRuiner I saw some Helghast troopers wandering around at E3 last year and wondered exactly the same thing. I couldn’t figure out at all how they see in those costumes.

+ KAPADO on February 18th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

I’m impressed about the size of the helghast head, I expected to be 2x smaller. can’t wait for my box to get here .

+ letherclad on February 18th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

AWESOME VIDEO, i was in tears from laughing so hard! Great job!

I have my helghast version preordered, I can’t believe its almost time!

+ Plecko on February 18th, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

Sounds like John Oliver in the suit. Hahaha

+ Rios on February 18th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

GLORIOUS!!!

+ AngelMayLaugh on February 18th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

First: I don’t care what you say. Staying up four 24 hours to get my money’s worth. Five four hour sessions. Or four five hour sessions.

Second: I dunno. You guys should like gimme a discount or something. ‘Tis expensive.

+ jpbslayer on February 18th, 2011 at 7:20 pm said:

also @63 – you gave some away during the mp beta???? most of us couldnt access the beta – i had it , but would not connect. so how is this fair??

+ KwietStorm on February 18th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

@81 Dark_Yoda_313

You’re getting double XP or all weapons unlocked or both. Unfair? Really? How fair do you realistically think it would be to give only a select group of people double XP for 24 actual gameplay hours? That’s a long time to get a head start on everyone else.

+ KwietStorm on February 18th, 2011 at 7:26 pm said:

@92 jpbslayer

The servers were only having problems for a couple days. Actually, most of us did connect to the beta. Check the leaderboards. Completely fair. Like you already said, only some of them were given away through the beta.

+ NAMEK on February 18th, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

Does It come with the Helghast dude? Hes cool!

+ frogdude22 on February 18th, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

DAAAAAAAAAMN , stop asking for CO OP online , For belial sake ._.