PS4 - Destiny

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition: First Unboxing Video

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Feb 18, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Everyone knows that Killzone 3 slams onto the PS3 on February 22nd. But what of the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition? What of its mysteries? We decided to let a familiar face plunge in and reveal the contents. Remember: This is your last weekend to pre-order!

Inside the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, you’ll find:

• Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher, which provides:
    • Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
    • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
    • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    • Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
  • Authentic Helghast Helmet replica, which opens to reveal the art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure by DC Unlimited, which is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points. It won’t be sold at retail!
  • Bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

The first batch of Killzone 3 Helghast Edition bundles will also include early access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta.

As you might imagine, supplies are limited.

+ jpbslayer on February 18th, 2011 at 7:34 pm said:

@95 the contest was for one weekend – 2 days /saturday and sunday – the days of the problems. and the only 2 days i couldnt connect – dont get me wrong – i preordered the collectors edition – just mad when they mention they gave us the bonus edition – when most of us were ineligable

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2011 at 11:31 pm said:

hmm, maybe we’ll have to give out some more? Yes, we should do that at some point.

+ Chow-Stee on February 18th, 2011 at 7:47 pm said:

This video was great. I really want it now.

+ Haze_OMGWTF on February 18th, 2011 at 7:52 pm said:

that was really funny

+ Nivek245 on February 18th, 2011 at 7:55 pm said:

haha! this was so funny! why dont you guys do this more often when new games are about to come out?

+ Kittens323 on February 18th, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

I would pay any amount of money for a Helghast costume such as that.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 18th, 2011 at 11:32 pm said:

If you knew how much it cost, you might not say that…

+ Jerel on February 18th, 2011 at 8:19 pm said:

It’s a nice special edition, but it’s quite a bit more than I can afford right now. Still, I’m looking forward to Killzone 3D! :)

+ Reekey on February 18th, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

Just showed this video to my mom and dad… and grandma..and grandpa.. and aunt… I was going crazy over this video, and they were like wtf? :D CANT WAIT FOR MY HELGHAST EDITION!

+ punisher4567 on February 18th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

I want to see the list that shows everyone who won the limited helghast edition, I put some hours in the beta the first week & I had nothing to show for it. The second week I gave up because it felt pointless.

+ xxS1Nxx on February 18th, 2011 at 8:34 pm said:

*Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay

Does this last for 24 hours of gameplay from time of activation?

or

Does this last 24 actual hours on the clock regardless of how many of those actual 24 hours you spend playing the game?

+ KazeEternal on February 18th, 2011 at 8:36 pm said:

@David Bull
I actually can imagine typing in all of those codes, cause I’ve had to do so in the past with previous releases. I’m a pretty hardcore PlayStation gamer. I’m a fan of the SCE WWS work and tend to jump at almost everything you guys do as it is usually to my benefit.

I know how the Job system works in KZ3 I was in the Closed and Open Beta. Problem is the higher in level you get the harder it is to get unlock points. You don’t want to give up your new found powers with a given job to play another one until you get it up to snuff. Basically you can unlock everything with one Job… thats where my problem lies. My career progress is to dependent my level. Granted Unlock points increase, but I don’t feel I’m getting enough.

Anyway this game is going to be awesome. I have the Helghast Edition on Pre-order at Amazon.com which they won’t answer me when I ask them about the codes they are offering. I already have all the points I need from 7-11 for there stuff. I’m good to go for Killzone 3. Just need my Sharp Shooter from Best Buy (25 dollar gift card from work).

+ SamuraiSaxen on February 18th, 2011 at 8:40 pm said:

OMG… I love that costume *¬*

+ Edd on February 18th, 2011 at 8:45 pm said:

HAHAHA Jeff, you better pop some caps while wearing that Helghast suit. Lol great vid guys, youtube worthy even.

+ Band2eto on February 18th, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

OMG, LOL! This was so full of WIN!

Seriously Sony! You guys are on a MEGA ROLL! I am going to buy all the exclusives you guys keep releasing. You can count on me!

+ Cat_Corye on February 18th, 2011 at 9:06 pm said:

I had my preorder they day GameStop had it for perorder and I got the Sharp Shooter preorder at GameStop to.

KZ3 H.E. – 100 left on it.
Sharp Shooter – Paid Off.

+ Kinney1 on February 18th, 2011 at 9:14 pm said:

Why do we spend alot of money for a Helghast with no light up eyes? It seems like it was unfinished. You guys had something good and you ruin it. Only $129.99 what a joke, I will be buying standard version but why did you ruin the collectors edition?

+ dirtyd89 on February 18th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

Looks really cool.

I’ve already got my standard edition copy of KZ3 pre-ordered.

Might have to check out this bad boy instead.

Edit:
I wish that Helghast Helmet would light up and I want that Helghast Costume.
That would be one sweet Halloween Costume.

O_O

+ Kinney1 on February 18th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

I’m sorry if I seem mean, I really love KZ3 and can’t wait for it’s release. I just really would have like glowing eyes on the helghast edition. Sony your making too many super exclusive items!!! Please stop your pissing off your customers. (I will always miss my Uncharted 2 Forutune Hunters Edition I never got)

+ MoonShine on February 18th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

thanks for the response david, now i cant wait for the weekend!

+ SuperTiso on February 18th, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

Epic. My birthday this Tuesday the day of release can’t come soon enough.

+ xSMKxNemesis on February 18th, 2011 at 9:39 pm said:

This is by far the best Un boxing of any game, I cant wait to get my Helghast edition and enjoy the amazing awesomeness of the action figure.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 18th, 2011 at 10:23 pm said:

Got mine paid off in full already along with Move Sharp shooter attachment :-)

+ RavageHeitaro on February 18th, 2011 at 10:27 pm said:

The music towards the end made me crack up too hard ;)

+ darkdodie on February 18th, 2011 at 10:30 pm said:

I think I’ll from drop med school and get a job and buy these. :D

+ TraceableX on February 18th, 2011 at 10:31 pm said:

Best unboxing ever

+ Skater_Ricky on February 18th, 2011 at 10:32 pm said:

Killzone 3 Helghast “Limited” Edition is the only way you can get the Helghast Helmet eyes to glow and you can’t buy it you have to win it

+ THE-D1RTY-77 on February 18th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

oh good, now when the game ships [pre-ordered!!!!!!!] i’ll know i’ll be safe from those dreaded isa dogs with the helghast marksmen watching over me…

+ scorpio_11 on February 18th, 2011 at 10:37 pm said:

Are all Helghast editions packed with the SOCOM4 Beta key?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 20th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

Yes, they are. :-)

+ Leemo19 on February 18th, 2011 at 10:42 pm said:

well that was the stupid thing ever. im not canceling my helghast edition just cause of the stupid video, that would just be dumb. they slaughter the unboxing you want people to go OMG!! i want this not lose 100 points in their iq. they should of made Kevin Butler do the unboxing not this idiot

+ SoledOutOnMango on February 18th, 2011 at 11:08 pm said:

Why is are the standard editions available at local Targets across the US right now, but not the helghast edition?

+ Go_Buddie_Go on February 18th, 2011 at 11:50 pm said:

I lost it when the infomercial music came on haha. Anyway, FINALLY pre-ordered the Helghast Edition today, can’t wait to dive into the single-player!

+ TIGERLUCK6 on February 19th, 2011 at 12:19 am said:

YES! First off I like to say, great presentation! Thank You for taking the time and the effort to do this unboxing. Now I don’t regret pre-ordering from Amazon.

Even though they’re not offering store credit for the Helghast edition, after watching video.. I’m excited! Can’t wait to get it on the 22nd! I just pray.. pray.. the delivery person don’t throw this at my door steps or shake the box!

Thank You for making me feel more at easy with my order. I feel all collectors edition should be given this level of thought and design, or at least with Sony exclusives anyways. Glad it doesn’t look like some cheap plastic helmet.

+ cool_trainer on February 19th, 2011 at 12:21 am said:

that cheesy music at the end had me laughing

+ death_vader301 on February 19th, 2011 at 12:44 am said:

i alway’s compared halo and killzone towards each other , while halo was epic , i found killzone more compelling , cuz you have a super human fighting super alien’s to save the world on halo and then you have a average joe risking his life to save everything while he’s over the limits of breaking down . man i love killzone and will pick up the Helghast Edition so i can have master chief looking at Helghast ,

+ WarHawk_ on February 19th, 2011 at 1:03 am said:

Best unboxing ever !! hahahahaha. I had a good laugh, keep it up :)
Can’t wait for this game, got my pre-order down… now I’m just patiently waiting…

+ JKC31 on February 19th, 2011 at 1:17 am said:

Did you do the voice in segments? You went from constipated Jeff Rubenstein to Robbin Leach Over to the Crocodile Hunter. Then to Vince from Shamwow and finally to the chimney sweep from Mary Poppins. All in under 3 minutes.

+ Dragonite258 on February 19th, 2011 at 1:18 am said:

I laughed so hard during the video! “You pathetic ISA”! ROFL
Man, if I had the money I would buy the Helgast edition…

+ SAINTPIG on February 19th, 2011 at 1:28 am said:

Would Colonel Radec have that helghast soldier executed for uniform violations? Maybe this was one of the soldiers those two helghast soldiers were talking about. Will there be a billinghurst action figure and also will he return in killzone3?

+ jfffh on February 19th, 2011 at 1:36 am said:

Too funny! I pre-ordered and I cannot wait to have the Killzone 3: Helghast Edition in my grasp! Great video and nice information, thanks!

+ Errod88 on February 19th, 2011 at 2:00 am said:

Australia’s are getting rip off this is $249 in EB Games.

+ igorrocks2 on February 19th, 2011 at 3:01 am said:

Adorable unboxing! KB vs. PS Blog team = KB earns head shot ;) *BOOM*

+ IvryMorton on February 19th, 2011 at 3:59 am said:

This belly-showing shot here is clearly a uniform violation. Any Helghast soldier should know that Dress Code is the foundation of discipline.

+ IvryMorton on February 19th, 2011 at 4:16 am said:

Also, you probably should tell your marketing guys that wet floor reflections on this new HE promo picture are borked. Helmet reflection is from the old one (notice the old rubber tubes and white base color with more details painted in) and game box reflection is just wrong. Feel free to also fix the reflection of a miniature figure while you’re at it.

Btw, old promo – http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/5120817577_dd02911cdd_o.jpg

+ KILLA_KING_007 on February 19th, 2011 at 4:56 am said:

When he first opens the box lol. I’m so getting that.

+ MGO_Count on February 19th, 2011 at 5:44 am said:

Um.. you know, I still think it’s unfair knowing that there are “Super limited helghast edition” that lights up out there. And we can’t even purchase them or anything. I really want it.. And you guys could’ve just sold it also for the public.

When Killzone 4 comes out. I don’t think I’ll be buying future killzone anymore due to the fact that there might be another “super super limited edition of this super edition!” unfair as heck if you ask me. And I’ve been a sucker for limited editions when it comes to video games I really love..

But this will be my last Killzone since I don’t think you guys are that fair with the real fans. I mean sweepstakes, are you kidding me? even a person who really hates killzone 3 would win the super helghast edition.

I hate Guerilla. And I bet you guys wouldn’t even read this post.
BS

+ Hooligantuan on February 19th, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

Shame the helmet isn’t wearable!

+ rford23 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

What’s new to this innovation?

a href=http://www.getmebackwithmyex.com/get-him-back/>need-to-win-him-back-follow-these-5-romantic-tips

+ rford23 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

What’s new to this innovation?

+ rford23 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

[url=http://www.getmebackwithmyex.com/get-him-back/]need-to-win-him-back-follow-these-5-romantic-tips[/url]

+ AshtonioG on February 19th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

I thought you would be able to wear the helmet, oh well lol

+ TheGuardianFID on February 19th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

Great unboxing, that was hilarious lol!!! I have This pre-ordered along with The Sharp Shooter!!! 8)