PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition: First Unboxing Video

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Feb 18, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Everyone knows that Killzone 3 slams onto the PS3 on February 22nd. But what of the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition? What of its mysteries? We decided to let a familiar face plunge in and reveal the contents. Remember: This is your last weekend to pre-order!

Inside the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, you’ll find:

• Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc
  • Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
  • Super Voucher, which provides:
    • Killzone 3 soundtrack and PS3 Dynamic Theme
    • Retro Map Pack featuring two of the most popular multiplayer maps from Killzone 2
    • Double XP for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
    • Full access to all weapons and abilities during the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay
  • Authentic Helghast Helmet replica, which opens to reveal the art book, Super Voucher and Killzone 3 game.
  • Exclusive Cloaking Helghast Marksman action figure by DC Unlimited, which is 6.5” tall with multiple articulation points. It won’t be sold at retail!
  • Bonus video content giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the game.

Killzone 3 Helghast Edition

As you might imagine, supplies are limited.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ guitarded77 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

LoL… best unboxing ever!

+ Airwalkinman17 on February 19th, 2011 at 8:58 am said:

Great video!

I’m so pumped for this game! Gosh, I can’t express in words how stellar the single player/open beta were.
Even the split screen demo level was INCREDIBLE. Me and my bro’s were LOVING IT. So epic. Killzone3= modern fps masterpiece.

+ AG-WarFighter on February 19th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

that was the nerdiest thing ever seen wtf???

+ DeadCell34 on February 19th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

If the helmet was wearable, it might be worth it. But $130 is pretty steep for what’s offered.

+ TIGERLUCK6 on February 19th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Just out of curiosity. Why was the helmet modeled off of the old version of the helghast and not that new one that we see on the box art?

+ aranhalucasaf on February 19th, 2011 at 11:03 am said:

Sorry but this helmet idea look’s like Halo 3 Legendary Edition.
Put the game and artbook inside the helmet.

+ theultimatenub on February 19th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

awesome!

+ KingKannibal on February 19th, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

hahah that was awesome! unfortunately I’m only gonna pre-order the game since I got plans for the NGP!

+ caim946 on February 19th, 2011 at 2:40 pm said:

When did they have a helghast costume?

+ catchymeat on February 19th, 2011 at 3:24 pm said:

Will the stuff you get on the voucher work on all accounts on the console?

+ EX33396948 on February 19th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

You answered one question about the “24 hours” for the voucher but I had another. Is it 24 hours from the date that you enter it, to 24 hours later OR is it 24 hours of actual in-game play?

0100 monday to 0100 tuesday
or
0100 monday to thursday, 24 days later after playing, say, 1 hour a day?

+ swiissjoker on February 19th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

lmao, did he say only one hundred, twenty nine, ninty-nine american credit’s?!

+ VanillaCoke69 on February 19th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

Im surprised nobody has asked this yet, or perhaps they have and I havent noticed. Those 24 hours on the unlocks and double exp included in the Helghast edition, does that mean 24 hours of gameplay time or in life actual time? I mean id love to soak up the double exp for 24 straight hours but i have a job and dont think I could stay up that long. The 24 hours actual gameplay time would be amazing considering i can stay home all day unfortunately :/ Please reply, Thanks!!!

+ Phoenix7469 on February 19th, 2011 at 11:11 pm said:

Is the replica helmet different from the one being sold in UK? On the Killzone website for the UK region, the Helghast Edition says that the replica helmet is hand-decorated and the pictures look different.

+ Vorlord on February 20th, 2011 at 1:25 am said:

You know what you need next…?

Helghast Cereal! Part of this Warzone breakfast!
=D

+ Rlonald on February 20th, 2011 at 6:14 am said:

This is a pretty cool special edition, almost preordered it even though I don’t like any of the killzone games + I hated the KZ3 beta. Damn shame.

+ Mosh_Pit on February 20th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

@50 Not funny and sounded annoying.

+ Alancal90 on February 20th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Little confused on the super voucher. I didn’t preorder but I was gonna pick the game up on Tuesday. I was gonna get the Helghast edition if they had one at Best Buy since I noticed they had a few God of War 3 Pandora’s boxes sitting around on the shelves before.

The text on this page suggests the super voucher is in every box

(Inside the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, you’ll find:

* Killzone 3 on Blu-ray Disc
* Exclusive art book featuring imagery from the Killzone universe
* Super Voucher, which provides…)

But other things seem to suggest you HAVE to pre-order for the super voucher, and he didn’t remove one from the box in this video. So… which is it? I don’t know if its worth getting if I don’t get the 2 maps, soundtrack, and dynamic theme.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ David Bull on February 20th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

The super voucher is inside ALL Helghast Edition boxes. It’s packed into the Killzone 3 jewel case.

+ hamadriano63 on February 20th, 2011 at 12:52 pm said:

will i be able to redeem a european super voucher on an american account ? and will i be able to play online with a european game on an american account ? plz reply :)

+ MGO_Count on February 20th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

I’m cancelling the Helghast version.

First of all. It was bad enough that you guys announced that there are “super limited Helghast edition”
We worked for that 130$, and the fact that other people gets the limited Helghast edition, makes it unequal. You guys made your product over priced as heck. Yeah, we paid a double cost version of Killzone 3, and we just get a cheap plastic helmet. People on the other hand got a light-up eyed version of the helmet, for those who works for Sony or something.

So screw you guys. Cash cow.

+ XMoonlightSkyX on February 20th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

…anyone know? How authentic is the helghast replica? What’s it made of ( mentioned steel ) but is it really metal ???pre ordered my boyfriends edition when first announced . We’re anxious to see it !!!

+ Phoenix7469 on February 20th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

This crazy man in the video did say that the helmet bust was “forged in Helghan steel”, now did he mean steel as in the element or was this man just exaggerating? Find out on 2/22/11.

+ XMoonlightSkyX on February 20th, 2011 at 5:48 pm said:

Hey Phoenix…. You’ll find out on the 22nd… I wont open it … Luv you

+ AV-1611 on February 20th, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

lol! ISA dogs! ;O

+ ryheeles on February 20th, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

“The first batch of Killzone 3 Helghast Edition bundles will also include early access to the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta.”

This clearly implies multiple shipments of the Helghast Edition. So is this one not really all that limited?

+ Phoenix7469 on February 20th, 2011 at 11:48 pm said:

I think the top 2 or 3 people on the PlayStation Home Killzone plaza defender game should receive the limited Helghast Editions. =)

+ MvSly14 on February 21st, 2011 at 1:14 am said:

@45 i think your thinking of the 3 unlock points you can obtain on ps home by completing all the challenges for the mini game

+ DarkOne_PR on February 21st, 2011 at 2:33 am said:

FOOOOORGE IN HELGHAN STEEL!!! new meme here I come!

+ erick_34 on February 21st, 2011 at 6:25 am said:

i canceled my Helghast Edition and pre-oreder the standard edition but when i saw the video i canceled the standard edition and pre-order again the Helghast Edition

can’t wait for Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, Sharp Shooter and Navigation Controller

+ Creative_ae on February 21st, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

LOL, i like this video this character will beat Halo machinima character, and also this my fav FPS game i cant wait for 25/2

+ erick_34 on February 21st, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

@177 Killzone 3 comes out tomorrow

+ ABNVOX on February 21st, 2011 at 2:29 pm said:

Anyword on the killzone 3 collectors edition hardcover strategy guide?

+ TM1619 on February 21st, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

Considering the fact that I am a HUGE Killzone fan and love the bonus material, I got this. Tomorrow is the day!!!!!!!!!

+ mmmeeean on February 21st, 2011 at 4:24 pm said:

Respect!

+ BigPoppaB on February 22nd, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

Will I receive the retro maps with my preorder? This is in Toronto, at an EB Games (Gamestop).

+ scorpio808 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

Got my HElgast Edition today and will start killing tonight!! I have been playing the multiplayer beta since November and it is indeed great.

+ letherclad on February 22nd, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

Wait, the voucher says that the code is good for “24 hours of multiplayer gameplay” but in a reply, you said that it was 24 hours from when you put in the code

…which is it?

+ the_night-wolf_7 on February 25th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

i will buy it as soon it’s come to kuwait !!
( killzone 2 was my first game that i finished ) SO I WILL BUY IT !!!!

+ MKJ93 on March 6th, 2011 at 10:17 pm said:

heck with the helghan edition, where can i buy that helghast suit Sid?

PAGE 1 2 3 4