PS4-The Order

MLB 11 The Show: Camera Editor Tour

Clayton Read's Avatar + Posted by Clayton Read on Feb 18, 2011 // Associate Producer, MLB 11 The Show

Sports fans –

Do the developers of MLB 11 The Show think you need the freedom to customize batting and pitching cameras as you see fit? Is giving you the ability to pitch or bat from the same perspective you see watching your favorite MLB team on TV important to us? Does MLB 11 The Show offer a Camera Editor and have all 30 MLB home broadcast views at the ready? Yes to all of the above…

MLB 11 The Show is pleased to introduce the Camera Editor. This new feature gives you the ability to customize any pitching or batting camera to your own personal specifications. You can not only view the action your own way by customizing the camera’s angle and zoom, but you can modify each pitch meter’s placement and size as well.

Love your own favorite team’s home broadcast view best? Not to worry. We’ve replicated the pitching/batting home broadcast view for all 30 MLB teams as closely as possible. If you’re playing in your home ballpark, you can use these cameras by simply choosing Cameras from the pause menu and selecting “Broadcast” for Batting View or Pitching View. You can also take your favorite team’s home broadcast view on the road and use it in any stadium by saving it as one of your custom cameras with the new Camera Editor. One last thing: you can use Camera Editor to customize the size of the pitch meter altogether!

Have fun playing MLB 11 The Show using the new home broadcast views and your own camera creations.

Remember: You get 30 FREE days of Premium MLB.TV when you reserve and purchase MLB 11 The Show for the PlayStation 3.

Welcome to The Show!

21 Comments

+ LILstacks on February 18th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Cant wait 2 get this!!

+ Jon_Mclane on February 18th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

We play to win the game!

+ CommanstaJanglin on February 18th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

I WISH YOU GUYS COULD MAKE AN NFL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ TallCrowe on February 18th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

Sweet, I like how fancy the menus look too. Target Field looks much better too.

+ XMbeaner on February 18th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

This is insane right now, there is soo much content in this game I bet the first time I take it online the internet breaks.

+ Jon_Mclane on February 18th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

How about editing the camera onto the massive boner this video gave me

+ TorgoTime on February 18th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

How about a video focusing on how the online isn’t broken anymore because you guys fixed it! Till I see that video I will purchase MLB 2K11, the superior baseball game.

+ bbonds_007 on February 18th, 2011 at 1:26 pm said:

I havent bought a MLB game since The Show 08 but this is sooo tempting!!!!!

+ forzanerazzurri on February 18th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Thats insane. Best sports game out there. Keep it up guys!

+ Israel1948 on February 18th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

LOL @ #8 TorgoTime!!!!

MLB 2K11 THE SUPERIOR GAME!! LOL!!!

+ HairyToeKnuckles on February 18th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

This is a GREAT idea! How you view the game is very important in baseball games–especially when batting. Brilliant idea, guys! Keep it up!

+ Kid_Fleetfoot on February 18th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Very nice concept, hope it works. :)

+ pogibana on February 18th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

Nice, but I think there are other things that could be done that are more important and interesting

+ Benmo316 on February 18th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

I can’t get the smile off of my face! Why can’t it be March 8 yet?

+ kenkraly2010 on February 19th, 2011 at 2:48 am said:

Very nice it will be cool to have all 30m MLB Broadcast cameras (including my cleveland indians)in MLB 11 The Show. Can’t wait for March 8th to get the game. Keep up the good work SCEA.

+ Anddo on February 19th, 2011 at 6:05 am said:

Brilliant!

+ Hobartbob on February 20th, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

Reserved the game last night!! Can’t wait for March 8th. Great game SONY!!!

+ jozy24 on February 20th, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

I CANT WAIT TO PLAY THIS GAME IN 1080P AND IN MY SHARP 60” LEDTV ITS GUNNA LOOK AMAZIN.I PRE-ORDERED THIS GAME ON JAN.30 2011 THIS GAME IS WORTH THE MONEY AND A PS3 SLIM

+ jozy24 on February 20th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

ALSO WHY CAN BASEBALL GAMES LIKE THIS ONE BE IN SPANISH LIKE ALL SOCCER GAMES FOR EASPORTS.I HOPE NXT YEAR THEY USE THE SPANISH COMMENTARY IN MLB12

+ daabulls on February 21st, 2011 at 7:38 pm said:

This is taking presentation to the NEXT level. Well done!