PS3-TLOU Left Behind

The Drop: Week of Feb 21st 2011 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Feb 20, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Forged in Helghan steel! The Drop this week delivers one the most anticipated PS3 titles of the year with Killzone 3. Take on the ruthless Helghast army, armed with your PlayStation Move and 3D glasses and make your way off of the Helghan planet. Make sure to get your last minute reserves in for the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition.

The-Drop-Main-Header

Take on the role of space pirate Grayson Hunt along-side your cyborg partner Ishi Sato in Bulletstorm, as you kill with skill and wreck havoc among meat-eating plants, criminals and feral mutant tribes among the ruins of planet Stygia.

You’ve asked for it loud and clear in the comments every week (deep breath in), I’m eager to announce that Xenogears finally arrives on PSN for PSone this Tuesday. Also, Alien Breed 3 and a quadruple collection of PS minis make their PlayStation debut. Not as handsome as a Helghast Sniper named Vladimir, check out this week’s The Drop.

PS3: Killzone 3

PlayStation 3

Killzone 3 (PlayStation Move & 3D Enabled) – Continuing from Killzone 2, players find Emperor Visari, the vicious dictator of the Helghast, dead at the feet of Sev and Rico. However this war is far from won. In the wake of Visari’s death, Helghan has devolved into a world of political scheming, ruthless infighting, and murder.

Now, the two most powerful men on Helghan are fighting for complete and utter dominance while Visari’s vision of Helghan is in jeopardy. With limited supplies and no re-enforcements, the ISA must now fight not to win a war, but to survive a lost one. (Read All Killzone 3 Coverage: Here)

Bulletstorm – Bulletstorm brings new furor to first-person shooter action thanks to its signature ‘kill with skill’ gameplay. The game tells the story of a futuristic confederation protected by an elite band of mercenaries: Dead Echo. When Dead Echo members Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato learn they’ve been working for the wrong side, they’re betrayed by their commander and exiled to the far reaches of the galaxy.

In Bulletstorm, Grayson and Ishi find themselves surrounded by hordes of mutants and flesh eating gangs in an abandoned paradise. They have two objectives: get off the planet alive, and exact revenge on the man who sent them there. (Read All Bulletstorm Coverage: Here)

de Blob 2 (PlayStation Move & 3D Enabled) — In de Blob 2, Comrade Black is back and so is his war on color. Disguised as Papa Blanc, Comrade Black rigs the city’s election in order to win and take control of Prisma City with his brainwashing new cult. That is, until de Blob bounces back in full color-spreading force with his revolution to restore color and life back to the city and its residents.

Knights Contract – In a time of swordsmen and magic, Knights Contract follows the twisted tale of Heinrich, an immortal executioner, and Gretchen, a resurrected witch. Once the victim of Heinrich’s blade by the order of the game’s antagonist, Dr. Faust, Gretchen now has him under her control as the two must work together to rid the land of the supernatural foes who are cursing its people with the black spell of death.

PSN: Alien Breed 3

PlayStation Network

Alien Breed 3: Descent — Alien Breed 3: Descent is a 3rd person shooter in which players assume the role of a soldier battling aliens aboard a stranded space station.

Players collect weapons as they navigate dark halls in an effort to regain control of the space station. (Read More: Alien Breed 3: Descent – What You Need to Know)

Space Ace – In Space Ace you play the heroic Ace who must stop the evil Commander Borf from taking over the Earth! Borf plans to reduce all of humankind to infants and take over the planet. Only two people have the courage and strength to stop Borf and save Earth: the beautiful Kimberly and the heroic Ace. But as they approach Borf’s stronghold, Ace is hit by the Infanto Ray, changing him into a child, and Kimberly is kidnapped by the evil madman! Armed with only a laser gun, Ace must find and destroy the Infanto Ray, rescue Kimberly and save the Earth!

Ys: I & II Chronicles (PSP) – Ys I & II Chronicles is a remake of the classic first two games in the Ys franchise. This PSP version is based off a 2001 PC remake of the games, but promises new sound and graphics.

PSN Demos

• MLB 11 The Show
  • Dragon Age 2
  • Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
  • Yakuza 4

PSone: Xenogears

PSone Classics

Xenogears – Xenogears is a turn-based RPG with a combat system that unifies the Square’s Active Time Gauge feature as well as a newly created combo system. The game chronicles the adventures of a young reluctant warrior named Fei, who, after three years of residing in a small, remote farming village begins a long, tortuous quest to uncover his mysterious past. With no memory of his life before being placed in the village leader’s care three years earlier, Fei makes a violent and tragic break with his peaceful life and sets out upon a journey. Along the way, not only will his own past be discovered, but he’ll also unravel the mystery of the planet’s past and humanity’s role in relation to it.

minis: Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder

minis

Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder — Fend off the different types of soldiers with your cannon in this doodle tower defense game. There are 36 mission objects to accomplish on 3 levels of difficulty. Can you earn the 3 medals from each mission?

Bloons Tower Defense — Bloons TD offers a traditional tower defense challenge. With a multitude of towers and weaponry at your disposal, the aim is to pop all of the bloons before they escape. Battle your way through 50 challenging levels on each of the 15 exciting tracks as your army of monkeys defend the never ending wave of bloons. Upgrade towers and traps to defeat the enemy and earn the gold medals to become the tower defense master!

Twin Blades – Twin Blades will be a frantic beat-them-all set in a medieval-fantasy zombie-filled universe. Player will have to constantly juggle between the slashing ability of his character and his ranged weapons while dodging enemy zombies, rendering a unique and palpitating gameplay.

Denki Blocks! – Denki Blocks! is a puzzle game like no other. Slide sticky blocks around a board and join the same colors together to solve puzzles.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

+ spideyal on February 20th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

Damn, everyone yelling about Xenogears here, I may have to check it out if I get any time. I know I enjoyed Xenosaga, so maybe I’ll dig this one too.

+ Edd on February 20th, 2011 at 5:29 pm said:

When is Hard Corps coming to PSN?

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 20th, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

Killzone 3 time!

+ EHryan on February 20th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

YES!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! XENOGEARS!!!!!!!

ill give a week before i holler for Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story!

+ KongWen on February 20th, 2011 at 5:34 pm said:

Kind of a disappointing week for PSOne Classics after three awesome KOEI games last week, but I’m sure the anime folks will be happy to play the first disc of Xenogears again.

Looking forward to playing the new version of Ys I & II though!!

+ kcarl2879 on February 20th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

LEGEND OF DRAGOON PLEEEASE! NO REMAKE JUST LEGEND OF DRAGOON PSX CLASSIC!

+ OMGmyFACE on February 20th, 2011 at 5:41 pm said:

Xenogears? Did I just read Xenogears was coming to PSN? Oh my god, this is wonderful news! Now to bring out Suikoden II and all my favorite RPGs will be on the network. Totally buying it.

+ Fenrisulfr_ on February 20th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

Can’t wait for Bulletstorm!

@48: Um… pre-purchases HAVE a limited edition. Try doing research before inserting foot.

+ zacljessee on February 20th, 2011 at 5:43 pm said:

Wow every1 dat has Bulletstorm already iz sayin’ it’z a very short game (single campaign they say iz 5 1/2 – 6hrs) check out reviews. I’m glad I’m rentin’ it. At least Knight’s Contract and Killzone 3 are comin’ out also dis week!

+ ItaChu on February 20th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

Is it possible there might be a Alien Breed Bundle someday?

+ ItaChu on February 20th, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

XENOGEARS!!! 9.99!!!???? omg …. :(

+ weseal on February 20th, 2011 at 5:59 pm said:

I heard killzone 3 is fun i might get it i never knew it could be for move too

+ Astroranagun on February 20th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

Killzone 3 and Xenogears!! HOORAY!!!

+ WoundedUnderwear on February 20th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

I’m gonna be broke. Killzone 3, Sharp Shooter, Ys: I & II Chronicles, Space Ace and Xenogears all just on Tuesday. Thank You SONY for making me FREAKING HAPPY to own a PS3.

And ……….. for making me broke. LOL !!!

+ erick_34 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

can’t wait for killzone 3 Helhast Edition, Sharp Shooter and Navigation controller!!!!!!

+ udamanx on February 20th, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

doesn’t seem to be any hotwheels racing for a ps3,so any chance of bringing back “hot wheels turbo racing”ps1 for the ps3?

+ ccdp_06 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Nooo!!! where’s Dissidia Duodecim Prologus????

I heard it was gonna come this tuesday, oh well..

+ Jvfazio13 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to try the MLB 11 demo out. One quetion though, PSN updates on Tuesday nights right?

+ Lugoves on February 20th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

Great drop! But All I can think bout is Killzone 3!

+ Daniel_Gonzz on February 20th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

Awesome. Though where are the TurboGrafx classics?

+ wilflare on February 20th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

when is Hard Corps coming to PSN

+ Hooligantuan on February 20th, 2011 at 6:42 pm said:

Somebody get Intelligent Qube in the PS Store!

+ riptide45 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

I CANNOY WAIT FOR KILLZONE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ christenlanger on February 20th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Is there any date for Duodecim Prologus yet? Release date of the full game is 22nd.

+ us_greek on February 20th, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

Xenogears! Best news I’ve heard all year :-D

+ death_vader301 on February 20th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

HAY U , I GOT A ? 4 U ? are we gonna get parasite eve 1 & 2 with the launched on 3rd b-day around the corner? i would love to know , thx u N advance . hay guys i still got all my original black label psx games . exempt legend of dragoon, pe 1 & 2 , and crono cross , so i would love to see those on the psn please . AND ALSO ( BUST A GROOVE 1 ) PLEASE BRING ( BUST A GROOVE ) . THX AGAIN 4 listening 2 D fan.

+ ajritchie on February 20th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

I had Bulletstorm reserved for weeks already. Knowing that my money increasing its sales dollars will be making Faux News unhappy is increasing my happiness playing it. Can’t wait for Tues!

+ NotoriousGamer on February 20th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

please drop Driver 2 on the psn store.

+ v_EPIC_WARRIOR_v on February 20th, 2011 at 7:07 pm said:

I just can’t wait for Killzone 3, and whats with the guy in the video calling the ISA dogs.

ISA Recruit.

+ trav54 on February 20th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

Holy crap! Xenogears!!!

+ azncycotypeb on February 20th, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

Holy crap finally! Xenogears! I’ll consider getting this even though I have the original just so I can play this on my psp.

+ EJStrat on February 20th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

I’m with #49, I want Hard Corps Uprising to come out already!!! Microsoft didn’t even pay for exclusivity, so whats the deal? Seriously, I would forfeit Xenogears (granted I’ve never played it, so I’m probably gonna buy it) to get my hands on some fresh Contra action.

Who’s with me? RELEASE HARD CORPS!!! RELEASE HARD CORPS!!! RELEASE HARD CORPS!!! RELEASE HARD CORPS!!! RELEASE HARD CORPS!!! RELEASE HARD CORPS!!!

Pretty please?

+ Dessron on February 20th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

10$ for a PS1 classic!!! You get what you deserve for wanting a game too much. Sony knew you wanted it so they knew you’ll be getting it even if it was more expensive than other PS1 classics.

+ Robbie_G_lrish on February 20th, 2011 at 7:26 pm said:

I really hope Xenogears is as good as everyone says it is. I love those old school rpgs. I’ve got Killzone 3 pre-ordered and God of War 3 on the way. Add that to the Yakuza 4 demo and the fact that I still have to beat Z.H.P. and Castlevania 3 and there’s really not enough time in the day for all this greatness.

+ marlyt on February 20th, 2011 at 7:43 pm said:

Picking up KZ, Bulletstorm, and De Blob 2 at midnight tomorrow. If u don’t knowabt de blob or haven’t played the first on Wii, check it out. It’s a solid game (even on the wii crap pile it is), very fun and imaginative. Check it out.

Can anyone direct me to some info on Xenogears? There’s just too much out there to dig thru the crap. From the reaction its getting it must be cool but I’m not a huge PS One retro fan. Thanks and please forgive my ignorance.

+ trav54 on February 20th, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

Xenogears was my favorite PSOne RPG. The music, the story, the fighting. Man it was sooooo good. Loaned it to a friend years ago, when the PS2 came out. Never got it back.

+ jpbslayer on February 20th, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

ray you look like a female version of b.j. from green day

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on February 20th, 2011 at 10:37 pm said:

Odd? I’m always told I look like the male version of Billy Joe. lol

+ forzanerazzurri on February 20th, 2011 at 8:02 pm said:

Wont touch bulletstorm with a 50 foot pole, all because of Cliffy B. Guy is a total xbox loving ******.

+ NotoriousGamer on February 20th, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

if you are not bringing Driver 2 to psn please just let me know so i can forever stop thinking about it and just buy it on ebay.

thanks

reply much appreciated

+ xxnike629xx on February 20th, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

Good to see Xenogears coming to PSN in the US. It’s been out in Japan for quite some time.

Now let’s see if they can get:

Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Vagrant Story

+ Ouren on February 20th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

Under Siege?

D:

+ taehyunnie on February 20th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

@5 In a way it’s Xenosaga episode 0, but like not really related. I can’t tell you much as i jsut started playing it, and i’m like 60 hrs in on the first disk. but it’s what rpgs can never reproduce in this gen, a real gem to this day

+ DanteFilth on February 20th, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

KILLZONE 3 Helghast Edition [DELETED]!!! The Real Reason For My Post, I’ve Been Searching The Internet Looking For Anything Official Concerning Hard Corps For PSN. I Have Not Found A Release Date, Or Price. Could Someone Please Post Something Official About Hard Corps? Been Waiting For That Prequel Since Contra Hard Corps On The Sega Genesis. That’s A Long Time.

+ AXM23 on February 20th, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

Gotta agree with some of the posts what about Parasite Eve those two games were epic. FFVII and those two are the top PSone games. As for Killzone 3 I can’t wait multiplayer was amazing the beta had some problems but according to killzone.com they have fixed it all as per the feedback they received on the blogs they set up there and is ready for launch. Can’t wait played the beta and it was top dog. Game of the year, owns on COD: Black Ops, big time. Can’t wait for tomorrow night midnight release at Gamestop.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on February 20th, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

Xenogears. Old friend, we are reunited.

+ Rukia on February 20th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

I’m ready for this

+ SUPERGAMER247 on February 20th, 2011 at 8:49 pm said:

@48
troll, why don’t you actually look at the game before hating on it. There is a ps3 limited edition, its just that the bulletstorm epic edition has guaranteed early access to gears of war 3 beta ( which makes sense since it’s 360-exclusive, and that 360 users deserve something special since that’s where epic’s other games have been). Here’s the info for the epic (360) and limited ( ps3 and pc) editions of the game directly from EA.
Epic: Guaranteed early access to the Gears of War 3 beta
25,000 Experience Points
Visual Upgrades for the Iconic Leash
Deadly Peace Maker Carbine
Additional Boots and Armor
Limited: 25,000 Experience Points
Visual Upgrades for the Iconic Leash
Deadly Peace Maker Carbine
Additional Boots and Armor

+ Ochiudo on February 20th, 2011 at 8:55 pm said:

ugh.. where’s mah Legend of Mana???

+ chaz035 on February 20th, 2011 at 9:23 pm said:

XENOGEARS!!!… (finally. stupid sony)

+ duke301 on February 20th, 2011 at 9:26 pm said:

It’s about time we get Xenogears! I’m going to jump on that. $9.99 is a lot better than paying $100 or more on eBay. I want Killzone 3 as well, but I’m going to wait a few weeks for it to come down in price. I don’t know about anyone else, but I flat out refuse to pay $60 for a game no matter how good it is.