PS4-The Order

The Fight: Lights Out Delivers a One-Two Punch of DLC Today

Josh Miller's Avatar + Posted by Josh Miller on Feb 22, 2011 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Get ready to step your game up, because PlayStation Move’s ultra-realistic brawler, The Fight: Lights Out, is taking the brutal bare-knuckle fighting experience to the next level with two new DLC packs, available today on PlayStation Network.

First up is The Fight Fitness Pack. Featuring an all-new workout based on variations of the tried and true gym exercises offered in the game, The Fight Fitness Pack helps you shape up with activities like shadow boxing, squat thrusts, lunges, circuit training and more. Whether you packed on a few extra pounds over the holidays or you just want the edge of a little extra training before you hit the underground fighting circuit, The Fight Fitness Pack is a must have for only $4.99.

The Fight Lights Out DLC: Target Practice The Fight Lights Out DLC: Jump Squats

The Fight Lights Out DLC: Rubber Doll

Next, we’re hooking you up with The Fight Timesaver’s Pack, an all-access pass to everything The Fight: Lights Out has to offer, right out of the box. Available for $1.99, The Fight Timesaver’s Pack gives you instant access to all of the game’s unlockable features including new fighters to square off against, different dirty moves to use while taking down your opponents, new accessories and more.

If you’re new to The Fight: Lights Out, learn how to dominate the online competition using the game’s one-to-one control, dirty moves and training modes by watching this new trailer, available today on PSN in both 2D and full 3D.

Visit PSN to access our latest downloads, and be sure to check out both DLC packs when they hit the PlayStation Store later today.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

First.

+ Brameriz on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Im going to buy this tonight lol #TeamBON

+ cool_trainer on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

That fitness pack sounds good, I find myself breaking a sweat when I do the training in this game. If you haven’t picked this up yet and you have Move you’re missing out.

+ alfredovaldez on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

i love the fight… its my daily workout… D A I L Y…

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

alfredovaldez, I am glad to hear that you enjoy The Fight. Thanks for the support.

+ KazeEternal on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Oh good I was getting bored with the training in the current selection. I’m glad this game released it has definitely helped in addition to my current weight loss activities. Certainly added some more definition to my arms :-D Trophy hunting has become physically exhausting lol.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

That’s true. This is not a trophy hunting game for the weak of heart. :)

+ adolson on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

I was going to say I should buy this game, but then I realized I already bought it a while ago… Then I was going to say that I should play it, but realized that I already had… Well, I tried once. I am lazy.

+ hush404 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

-_- I’m not paying $5 for a new mode and $2 to have the game beat itself.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

The Time Savers pack doesn’t really beat the game for you. It just unlocks everything. Some people will like to have this option because the game can get tough and they might not be able to get far enough in the game to unlock some things.

+ remanutd5 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

i just ordered the game !!! lol , i was on the fence about getting it but this post made me do it

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

remanutd5, I really hope you enjoy it when you get the game.

+ Geddy2003 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

I really hope someone can answer this. I just got Move over the weekend and I’m considering getting this game, but do you need two Move controllers or just one with a nav controller? I’ve read a lot of articles online but they all say something different.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Geddy2003, you need 2 Move controllers in order to play this game.

+ KidCommando on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

might have to buy the fitness pack…

Ok, back to Killzone.

+ Berae on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Nice DLC. Theres just one thing i would like for this game, its a better head tracking because its not really working well right now.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

Berae, the best advice I can give you to improve your experience with the head tracking is to try make sure you have a light colored wall behind you, without any other objects on it, and to make sure you have a good light source to light the room.

+ Berae on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

@Josh Miller

Yea but I dont have wall behind me lol well its far behind

+ BrianC6234 on February 22nd, 2011 at 10:59 am said:

How about a demo of this game? I don’t remember ever seeing one.

+ Zinacef on February 22nd, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Question: If you want to play with another player in your in your living room, would I have to get 4 Move controllers?

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Zinacef, you are correct. You would need 4 Move controllers.

+ Glacier928 on February 22nd, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Bought this game when it came out, was really impressed with the motion tracking! Does the time savers pack give your character full stats? I would definitely pick that up if that’s a feature in the pack. The new Fight Fitness pack sounds pretty cool as well, I’ll definitely get that. The game really makes you break a sweat but it definitely made me get in better shape by playing it daily.

+ plaztiksyke on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

It’s great to see this title getting a decent amount of post-release support.

It would be cool to see this game (and other Move exercise games) support the heart rate sensor from EA Sports Active 2.

The head tracking doesn’t really work for me, since behind me is an open area into the kitchen. In that case, wouldn’t it be better to calibrate the size/color of the head using the Move and keep it calibrated by measuring light reflected by the skin/hair on the head versus the background? (Putting the Move under the chin as part of calibration is something SingStar does, but apparantly only to gauge height and not for tracking, which is disappointing.)

Anyways, keep up the great work. I really appreciate all the ongoing efforts being made to make Move games work well!

+ FORMIK on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

This game should be in my mail box any day now, and now there’s some great DLC to go along with it. The fitness pack sounds like a fine addition to what will already be played after my morning runs. Thanks!

+ adolson on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

@15 – Zinacef – you don’t need four Move controllers, you can just use two and play single-player in a kind of co-op mode if you hold one and your friend holds one. But it’ll probably be pretty weird!

+ ExPresident on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Nice, DLC for this is great. The game got poor reviews somehow. I think its a pretty slick game and definately can wear you out after a long time of playing.

My only issue with it, and I’m sure this is just me so someone help me out here, is that I have problems getting the Heavy Bag training going properly. My accuracy is good in fights and sparring but the heavy bag just doesn’t work right or something. My punches rarely, if ever hit it, and if I do get a good hit my next few swings miss every time?

+ JesseHaysFL on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

So I’ve owned this game for a while and I have NEVER had a good experience with it. That being said it is not the games fault…

I am having issues with the camera tracking me, what lighting do you guys recommend? I seem to have issues with the lights in my living room being too bright and the camera ends up focusing the tracking on the light and not the move wand.

IS there anything you guys can recommend?

Also the headtracking is having a tough time as well

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

JesseHaysFL, essentially you need a light source that is the middle of the light brightness spectrum. It can’t be too bright or too dim. When you are playing the game, are you doing it with a light colored wall in the background? If not, I would suggest trying that.

+ HerbertFortoon on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

This game sucks. Danny Trejo shouldn’t have been involved. Remember, DON’T MOVE YOUR FEET, YOU’LL BREAK THE GAME!!

+ jaydlaw20 on February 22nd, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

was online just added to this game or has it always been there? fighting with some friends online really interests me. I may need to pick this one up, I did wan to try it first though, if there was a demo for it i would have probably bought the game already. I don’t like buying games without a demo, especially when the ratings are very good. User ratings are great but the critics didn’t seem to like this much, granted most of them would rather sit on their ___ as opposed doing something that expends energy.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

jaydlaw20, online multiplayer has been in the game since day one.

+ Endrax on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

@21
Don’t put any light sources on screen. Move all lamps out of the view of the camera.

===
This is my favorite Move title. While playing you tend to forget its great exercise too.

Looking forward to playing with the DLC tonight.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

Endrax, thanks for your support.

+ Archerkit on February 22nd, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

I will definitely get the fitness DLC. One thing I wish we could do was turn off the head-tracking calibration attempt. It will never work with my lighting situation, and it’s irritating to have to have it try a calibration every time.

+ ISEMAN on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

Just to be clear, this DLC allows you to earn points to improve your in game boxer right? They work just like the speed bag, and punching bag, just more variety right?

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

Correct and there is also some circuit training you can do for your personal fitness.

+ JesseHaysFL on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

thanks for the tips, my light source seems to be too bright…and I am playing in a white room….lots of reflection…Ill try a “cooler” lighting solution and see if it works.

THANKS!!!!

+ theultimatenub on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

this game is amazing i cant wait to get back to it

+ ExPresident on February 22nd, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Josh Miller, thanks for replying to people and I’m posting again because you’ve responded since my previous post. Is it possible for you to give me a “possible” answer to my question in post #20 or anyone else for that matter?

Thanks!

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

ExPresident, I haven’t really heard of an issue like the one you described. All I can say is keep trying different things and hopefully something will work. Sorry I can’t be more helpful than that.

+ Josh Miller on February 22nd, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

+ shadow3013 on February 22nd, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

Shame on you for beating up a girl.

+ Ramage on February 22nd, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

Picked this game up at target over the weekend since it was on the clearance rack. I wanted to get it via GF sooner but too many good games have been coming out. Anyways, this was definitely worth the purchase. I played for two hours straight yesterday and my entire upper body is sore. I would love to play more but I’ll have to wait until my body recovers some.

+ ExPresident on February 22nd, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Thanks for atleast replying Josh. I’ll have to mess with it some more. Head tracking, fights, sparring all work excellent for me but its like the heavy bag section is completely broken. I don’t even bother with it since my hits don’t even land in that portion.

Beyond that I love the game.

+ Bagel_Destroyer on February 22nd, 2011 at 9:51 pm said:

This is great news. I haven’t played in a few weeks (not because I didn’t like the game–just got a bit lazy), but I am so looking forward to the new content. Hope they release a few more like this. More songs would be great.

+ DEMOCRAC-Y on February 23rd, 2011 at 5:47 am said:

stay away from the online people. Sice nobody wants to lose they just stand really close to their TVs so you cant hit them and they always deal max dmg. If you wanna play this game online have a friend buy it. Ive had 18 fights online and 16 did the “zombie fighting trick” <—- Standing realy close to the TV much closer then youre supposed to. And punch like a zombie -_- but the game IS awesome

+ Mikal_Drey on February 23rd, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

hey hey

I wasnt aware that the US version of the game was different to the EU version.

you DO NOT NEED two move controllers in the eu version and the game can be played with a DS3 + Move.

unfortunatly once your maxed out on stat points the training is kinda pointless…

nice DLC though. i might give it a sniff if the EU price is decent

+ Endrax on February 23rd, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

The DLC is great exercise and pretty fun. I am glad about rotating through all the exercises in about 1 minute intervals.

Sparring with Danny Trejo is awesome.

+ ruzzal on February 26th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

the game is great, single player is fun and the online is cool, except the people disconnecting to avoid a loss, and im not sure if it cheaters or network issues, but many times a person just stands there and takes no damage, while damage is done to me. is there anything being done to fix the disconnecters or the network/cheating issues?