PS4-Infamous

World Premiere Alert: inFAMOUS 2, SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3 DLC reveals on GTTV tonight!

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 24, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

On tonight’s GameTrailers TV episode #404, PlayStation fans *will* find what they’re looking for. (That’s some web coding humor right there; I hope you didn’t do a spit take on your keyboard from that zinger.)

GTTV visited Sucker Punch recently to interview the minds behind inFAMOUS 2, and will exclusively host the brand new Karma Trailer. The inimitable Geoff Keighley also stopped by Zipper to interview one of the lead designers of SOCOM 4 and uncover covert missions, and more.

All that, and a first look at DLC pack 2 of Killzone 3 (you did pick up the Retro Map Pack on Tuesday, right?) Here’s a quick peek at the show, and feel free to ignore everything in between SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED:

So set your DVRs, grab a quick nap now or start shotgunning 5-Hour Energy, the weekend starts tonight!

56 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ G-Force08 on February 24th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

Sounds hot to me. Loving KZ3, cant wait for Socom 4 and inFAMOUS 2, so this should be a fun show! All out SCE show tonight? I like the sound of that! =p I’ll definitely be watching!

+ GameDude79 on February 24th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

Jeff,
Is it possible to confirm if the new dlc for Killzone 3 will have trophies. I’m assuming it will but I just want to know for sure. Also, is it going to be $5 like the Retro Map Pack?

+ spideyal on February 24th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

Wow, DLC for all three of those games being announced? GTTV must be in good standing with the big boys at SCE! :)

Anyhow, I’ll be watching for sure since I’m VERY curious as to how GG plan on keeping Killzone 3 fresh. Hopefully we’ll hear something later down the line in regards to weapons, vehicles and more maps/modes.

And I also hope they eventually open up all the maps to work with every mode (although I’m hoping this happens through a patch and not paid DLC).

+ Blkant on February 24th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

Put the Jeep from KZ3′s SP (cutscene with jammer and the earth digger) and KZ2 (Garza and Sev’s ride) in MP already, or just let us drive it finally! Please…

+ mi33ke on February 24th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Oh gosh here comes more map packs for killzone 3 sheesh! How about some dlc for the single player campaign to.

+ Brameriz on February 24th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Nice #TeamBON

+ ShredinSlash on February 24th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

hoping for weapons in KZ3 Map Pack 2, something reminiscent of Napalm and Cordite Map Pack for KZ2 maybe?

+ ZodR_ARG on February 24th, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

does inFAMOUS support move??

+ LUGIEZ on February 24th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

I do wonder who chose the time slot for this show? A prime time if there ever was one! Almost as if they want people not to watch. Like when you search G4 for a relevant show, but instead you find Cops on…all the time! Cops is a great show don’t get me wrong, but where are the other shows for tech information? And why don’t they replay appropriately? I suppose some things are better left unsaid?

+ KazeEternal on February 24th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

I’ll be to busy playing Killzone 3 bother with this. Just post on the Blog this information when you guys are done [DELETED] around with Television. lol

+ Butters360 on February 24th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

Awesome, thanks for the heads up Jeff!

+ Seeing_Red_Again on February 24th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

Cant wait for Killzone 3 DLC

+ Link01 on February 24th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

I hope they announce move support for Infamous 2 ….. now wth is with DLC coming out soo fast… not cool

+ AgitoKoyoto on February 24th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

I hope there are some more trophies for KZ3′s DLC. I’m just one trophy away from a Platinum on KZ3, Which is beat the game on Elite. And I’m on the last mission. This game is so Legendary and hard!

+ Seventy_X_Seven on February 24th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

The game has been out for a 3 days, and 1 day in Europe, and we already have our second batch of DLC for Killzone 3 coming, does anyone else find this a bit odd?

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 24th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Yeah, Kz 3 is good, but 2 dlc packs already reeks of fleecing the consumer, Retro pack should have come with the game.

+ digitalman123 on February 24th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Infamous 2 will be June’s dynamo. I base monthly winners, and Infamous 2 is June’s landmark.

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 24th, 2011 at 5:38 pm said:

@ Link01 Move support has already been confirmed for Infamous 2… Just waiting for the release day to finally arrive so we can start enjoying it ^.^

+ PhantomOfPanton on February 24th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

Thats a lot of DLC haha, but the more maps, the better! IT is odd that there is all ready that much DLC since the game JUST came out…

I wish they just put them on the disk, but Kz3 is all ready worth way over 60 dollars, your getting a lot of content (HIGH quality content for 60 bucks)
So I can understand why they decided to save these maps for map packs, more profit that way!

+ jumpman_freak23 on February 24th, 2011 at 5:45 pm said:

Got my dvr set cant wait to watch!!!!

+ halowars7 on February 24th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

CANT WAIT!

+ Rific-Five-Seven on February 24th, 2011 at 6:07 pm said:

Infamous 2 demo please!!!

+ Dragun619 on February 24th, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

Isn’t the GTTV like a 30Min show? I’m hoping this won’t be like a short two minute interview with little gameplay scenes like they did when they had Jaffe & Twisted Metal on the show.

Jeff, are you guys gonna be posting like the uncut interviews & the new trailers later tonight?

And GDC next week, right? Can we expect more interviews?
Can we get one from NamcoBandai with the progress of Tales of Graces F. That would be greatly appreciated. It would also be pretty cool to hear some of the developers on their impression on NGP too.

+ FATHASUN on February 24th, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

KILLZONE 3! INFAMOUS 2! SOCOM 4!

NUFF SAID!!!

+ Strofan7 on February 24th, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

Ah there was a Kinect commercial before the video played…Fail

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on February 24th, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

all that in 2011

sweet lord thanks for the PS brand!!!

*by lord i mean no one :)

+ erick_34 on February 24th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

i Have Killzone 3 Helghast edition and Sharp Shooter, now my next games are: Motorstorm Apocalypse, Socom 4, InFamous hero Edition, Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3

+ Dr_Dekes21 on February 24th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

Looks great!

But where is the dead nation DLC?

+ xaos on February 24th, 2011 at 6:50 pm said:

Hoo boy, a 404 joke. Good to see you aren’t saving all your A-game material for the PS blog get-togethers :P

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 24th, 2011 at 11:37 pm said:

Hey, it was that or make fun of Atlanta’s area code…

+ alok893 on February 24th, 2011 at 6:53 pm said:

Just saw the Evil Cole’s Ionic Vortex,My god it’s going to be Epic!
Beast i’m coming to get u!

+ D-Squad3 on February 24th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

So about 10 pm for PST.

+ EJStrat on February 24th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Now, I’m all for DLC coming out shortly after a games release. i think the 2weeks to 1month time zone is perfect, cuz i tend to get burnt on games (shooters specifically) before their map packs come out 6-8 weeks later. That said, I completely disagree with DLC being available the same day a game releases. Well, I disagree with it if it costs money (lookin at you, retro pack), I’m 10000% for it if its free. Thats an excellent sign of good faith if theres free DLC on day 1. But I for one, won’t be buying the retro pack any time soon.

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on February 24th, 2011 at 7:17 pm said:

from what i saw of the kz3 maps it looked pretty good

+ esko on February 24th, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

WHY CAN’T WE WATCH THIS IN HOME.
This something I would love to do in Home sit down with my friends in my apt. and watch stuff like this.
WHEN IS THIS GOING TO HAPPEN!

+ Basindo on February 24th, 2011 at 7:49 pm said:

“and feel free to ignore everything in between SOCOM 4 and Killzone 3.”

Lol will do

Sony doesn’t even want me to watch Xbox stuff lol!

Hey you don’t have to tell me, I already know I don’t wanna play Halo and Gears cus I wanna play a ton of playstation exclusives! If I wanted to play Cod all year I’d be on 360!

+ footballrule on February 24th, 2011 at 7:49 pm said:

Give me some SOCOM action!

+ Krisp215 on February 24th, 2011 at 7:58 pm said:

Shouldn’t it say Friday morning at 1:10am, since this news is suppose to be new, and Thursday 1:10am is now the past?

+ MadMeat001 on February 24th, 2011 at 9:02 pm said:

New single player dlc? oh wait, it’s multiplayer as usual :P

+ dk00111 on February 24th, 2011 at 9:08 pm said:

It’s been 2 days since the game has come out and there’s already talks about KZ3 DLC? I’m sorry but that’s a joke.

+ Detective-E on February 24th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

is this why KZ3 only had 8 maps?
because the rest is DLC?
Im returning this game just for that

+ IcyBlazeNinja on February 24th, 2011 at 10:02 pm said:

you’re ALREADY announcing more paid DLC for KZ3?

Holy ****, talk about ****ing milking your game dry. I thought Activision is bad.

Protip, if you already have DLC to show, you could have included it in the game for free.

+ sackperson_cool on February 24th, 2011 at 10:12 pm said:

Why is everyone freaking out over KZ3 already having new DLC? Between the time when a game goes gold and is actually released there is usually a month or two. You can’t expect a developer to sit there and do nothing and get paid for it. Creating new DLC while the game gets made at the factories makes logical sense… unless of course you would like the game to be delayed for another couple months for two extra maps.

+ KazeEternal on February 24th, 2011 at 10:17 pm said:

@16
Retro Pack technically did come with the game. If you pre-ordered through Amazon you got the Retro Pack. If you get the Helghast Edition you got the Retro Pack. I think even Best Buy’s came with the Retro Pack. Not so sure about Gamestop.

+ Basindo on February 24th, 2011 at 11:18 pm said:

@40 I wasn’t one of the people complaining but comon that’s just BS. And even IF the DLC was made in its entirety after the game turned gold they should hold onto it until at least like April or late March. Medal of Honor released DLC on November 2nd and it came out October 12th and people were FLIPPING OUT.

Sony is probably worried about Homefront and Crysis 2 coming up so they’re releasing DLC REAL early and then they battle with themselves in April with Socom, June with Infamous 2, and of course everyone who calls themselves gamers should be getting uncharted 3 unless they’re a xbox fanboy.

Still…kinda pathetic. I mean TWO days after release? As long as it’s free but if it’s not then oh man sales of it aren’t going to be that high

+ DNAgent on February 24th, 2011 at 11:19 pm said:

I’d like to watch it but I will never give GTTV any ratings. I don’t care for Gametrailers either so hopefully the good stuff gets put on PSN (and I don’t mean the whole episode).

+ theXsilentXchild on February 25th, 2011 at 12:16 am said:

Hooray

+ NotoriousGamer on February 25th, 2011 at 1:37 am said:

killzone steel map pack looks ready to be in the actual launch disc of killzone 3. not good u held it back for dlc $. noooooo

+ FetusZero on February 25th, 2011 at 4:11 am said:

@42 Might suck, but that DLC will still sell like pancakes and I would almost guarantee that 98% of the people freaking out here will buy it day 1.

It’s like PC games and DRM for example. Everytime Ubisoft releases a new game, you have people whining about it’s DRM on day one, and saying they will never buy their products again.. until they release a new game, you have these very same people saying the very same thing on day 1 of release.

+ lyfestory on February 25th, 2011 at 4:25 am said:

whys loading this article asking for a gametrailers password pop-up?

anyhow, not really looking for those 3 games… i am, however, looking for Destruction derby 3… anyone???

+ The_FPS on February 25th, 2011 at 5:18 am said:

Wow it really does have a kinect commercial before the vid…thats horrible. If I was Sony I’d be mad.

PAGE 1 2