PS4 - Transistor

inFAMOUS 2: New KARMA Trailer and GameTrailers TV Invades Sucker Punch

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Feb 25, 2011 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings Blogosphere and Happy Friday to all!

First we want to thank you for all the positive comments and vibes we got off our June 7th launch date announcement last week.

Today we kick off the weekend with GTTV‘s visit to Sucker Punch and a new trailer where Cole is caught between two women. (That guy has it rough, doesn’t he?)

New KARMA Trailer
So we’ve been talking a lot about the game’s new Karma system the last few weeks. The Western interpretation of Karma (according to my good friend Wikipedia) states that performing positive actions results in a good condition and negative actions results in bad effect and situations. In inFAMOUS 2, Cole will have new powers and will come across many crossroads. Ultimately, it will be up to you to decide the path you want him to walk. Look out for Cole’s good and evil outfits, a sneak peek of a new faction he has to face, and a small taste of Cole’s new ICE POWERS!

GTTV visits Sucker Punch

infamous

Our friends at GameTrailers TV gave Sucker Punch a visit to find out more about Cole’s new adventure, especially the choices he has to make, the sides he will take, and how your decisions will dramatically affect the story and the way you play the game. Peep never before seen missions and see how Cole, Kuo and Nix use their powers together.

As always, thanks for the support and be sure to stay tuned here and on inFAMOUSTheGame.com for more updates!

PAGE 1 2

+ alok893 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:09 am said:

Infamous 2 will the Best Open World Super Hero Game Ever Created!

Cannot wait to get revenge on the Beast!

SukerPunch u rule!

+ Berae on February 25th, 2011 at 5:13 am said:

I cant wait for that game! It looks awesome! Ice powers will be very fun too I want to see more but i dont in a way lol i want to discover them myself when the game ships in june.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

You’ll have a lot to discover my friend. Don’t worry.

+ chillindude3 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

This game is going to be incredible.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

incredible with a side of chips!

+ DarkFeint on February 25th, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

Totally awesome!!! I`ll have it!! I`d like to see the new Cole “Elemental” Macgrath using fire, water, air, earth and telekenis.

+ justaccording on February 25th, 2011 at 5:31 am said:

Can we say early candidate for “Game of the Year”? June 7 can’t come soon enough.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

amen to that.

+ digitalman123 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:45 am said:

ICE POWERS?!?!? This is gonna be insane…

+ Sindred on February 25th, 2011 at 5:46 am said:

Any chance you can bring this out next week?

I mean, why wait, right?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

good point. I’ll give Sucker Punch a ring right now on that. :)

+ VGCGAMES on February 25th, 2011 at 5:47 am said:

the is Hot like fire, Ouch it burned me, cant wait to play

+ Keyeszx on February 25th, 2011 at 5:54 am said:

What’s with the new video players? These ones suck, quality is much worst.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Sorry you feel that way. These vids are embedded from GameTrailers. Thought they were ok.

+ RRstrong on February 25th, 2011 at 5:54 am said:

okay… NOW IM INTERESTED.

+ digitalman123 on February 25th, 2011 at 6:05 am said:

Looks phenomonal, but I can’t shake the feeling Cole sounds like Russell from the CBS show Survivor. Anyone else feel like that?

+ KidCommando on February 25th, 2011 at 6:16 am said:

That trailer was HOT!

damn, this game looks amazing. Day 1 for sure.

+ radiantshadow92 on February 25th, 2011 at 6:19 am said:

I want it now! Ice and fire powers are awesome!

+ bowman151 on February 25th, 2011 at 6:28 am said:

inFAMOUS keeps getting better by leaps and bounds. I wonder how far into the game we get to add the Ice or Napalm powers. Also, Cole’s got himself some neat ninja running shoes.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Ninja running shoes are way better than Pirate running shoes. We did a poll. :)

+ Tristan77 on February 25th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

Wow, infamous 2 is my game of the year already. I want to go to sleep and wake up in june 7 jajaja. Cant wait.

+ Nithorias on February 25th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

My gosh!!! inFAMOUS 2 looks insanely good, fire and ice (really?) so awesome to be good or evil, this game will be so addictive. This will be my first game to play this summer, NICE!!! BTW We need that trailer at the PSN ASAP, I mean like in the next update or something, the song of the trailer rocks so much!

+ stlthriot on February 25th, 2011 at 6:51 am said:

WOW!!! That new trailer is amazing!!
inFamous2 makes the first game look like a ps2 game (which it really doesn’t, lol).
Love it, cannot wait!!

+ BearOfKratos on February 25th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

This looks great loved the first and borrowing the second soon, but did anyone else notice the Xbox 360 Kinect add before the trailer?..lol We selling out Sony?

+ Busca-Cabezas on February 25th, 2011 at 7:16 am said:

Wow!! Those sneak peaks were just amazing!! Good enough to keep me motivated about games that I didn’t care about… Great job guys!!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

Glad you are interested now. More good stuff to come.

+ jacob-813 on February 25th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

When will the videos be playable on the ps blog app? I payed .99 for it so I want my videos. :)

+ Sparx88 on February 25th, 2011 at 7:38 am said:

(1:19) Well it looks like Blast shards are confirmed again. That’s fine with me. Can’t wait for this!

+ FATHASUN on February 25th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

Can’t wait till tomorrow to get inFamous 2. Today is June 6th right? ;)

My save from inFamous went down with my YLOD PS3. 100% with the Platinum. I wonder what will transfer over.

Now I know why there was no Killzone 3 sharpshooter bundle.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

Trophies are linked to your PSN ID so you should be good.

+ radiantshadow92 on February 25th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

This should have been at the top of the page =/

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

There is soo much great news dropping today. Hard to stay at the top slot.

+ erick_34 on February 25th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

Can’t wait for inFamous 2 Hero Edition !!!!

wow 34 votes 5.00 out of 5.00

^_^

+ TheGuardianFID on February 25th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! o_O 8D

+ Justp94 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

The only thing I’m still mad about is changing Cole’s Voice! What were you guys thinking?!?!? He sounds like a 20 year old college nerd.

+ Daimomaru on February 25th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Well sucker punch, I just hope you created a better way to find blast shards because that in the background at 1:18 is certainly one!

+ INC06N36R0 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

The videos and information were great, but Geoff kind of pissed me off talking about Socom “introducing stealth in the single player”. Really dude…? Stealth was not important in any Socom game that had single player…?

+ Shocking4U on February 25th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

can’t wait to play inafmous 2 looks wonderfull

+ marlyt on February 25th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Epicly awesome. Thank the lord you guys changed Cole from that Euro-trash metrosexual back to the the gritty street tuff we all loved in the first. Wise choice. I don’t think I could have stayed with that “guy” for too long.

+ ckpotc on February 25th, 2011 at 12:46 pm said:

I just finished the first one and cannot wait to get this one! It looks like it’s gonna be amazing.

+ ihatereading369 on February 25th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

Game looks absolutely amazing… Although it sucks to see that it looks like the story will have hardly anything to do with Infamous 1 (at least from what I’ve seen).

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on February 25th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Oh, wait and see. This story is very much tied into the events of inFAMOUS 1.

+ PhadedWun on February 25th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

…Damn.

I was kinda iffy about whether or not I was going to get this game.

…Until now.

+ MarinoBrea on February 25th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

The PS blog is officially on fire today! …or should I say on ICE!? LOL…YEAH!

+ dcn66100 on February 25th, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Wow ps3 is so good the last couple years especially this year with all the good exclusives plus 3rd party developers are making good ps3 versions of games and not lazy ports. Also portal 2 on ps3 and crysis 2 look just as good as 360 version if not better. YEA for sony.

+ D-Squad3 on February 25th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Mortal Kombat Kollector’s Edition, Socom Bundle and Hero Edition! I need more money!!!

+ twistedvivid on February 25th, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Is Trish Coming back from the dead?

+ ClassicSpyroFan on February 25th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Ice powers? ICE POWERS?!?! Yes!! Its about time you told us about that, for some time I thaught that you guys forgot all about it. For Infamous 3 will you do something like fire, or water? And thanks for relecing it in the summer, thats when theres that huge drop in games.

+ Surfaced on February 25th, 2011 at 3:58 pm said:

holy hell that trailer was really good.

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 25th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

@ClassicSpyroFan This one has FIRE powers also… its ICE powers if you choose good karma path, its FIRE if you choose evil path. ^.^

+ Globox_82 on February 25th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

you had me at “Infamous 2″!
Sweet trailer btw

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on February 25th, 2011 at 4:21 pm said:

wow Sucker Punch is delivering the greatnes

Day one, just like infamous 1
cant wait!!!! well KZ3 is a nice way to wait :)

+ Inofensivo on February 25th, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

I Bought the first One, IM DEFINETLY Gettin this One

Great Sucker Punch, you are Amazing you are beating Naughty Dog xD

+ esko on February 25th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

This ep. of GT.TV should of been in Home.
I should of been able to go in to my apt. and watch this with my friends. Any ways the show was great can’t wait for Killzone 3 DLC Infamous 2 and Socom 4 I’m going to be broke again.

Sony PlayStation

+ darkdodie on February 25th, 2011 at 4:55 pm said:

Haven’t played the first one. Gona play it before this comes out. Hehe :D

+ kiks411 on February 25th, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

i cant wait i loved the first one and i am going to get the Hero Edition for sure i know it will be an awesome game cant wait

+ GameDude79 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

Will the preorder bonuses ever be available to buy from the PlayStation Store? I won my copy from the Subway Footlong Nation Appreciation contest thing and I’m really wanting both the Lightning Hook from GameStop and the Electrocution Grenade from Walmart. Also, can you comment on what the dlc is from the Subway thing? The description they give really doesn’t say too much.

+ FATHASUN on February 25th, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

May I know why my comment posted as 1st and then later winds up as the 22nd comment?

Does the blog select what gets posted where and when? Please explain this to me.

+ spideyal on February 25th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

I WANT.

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 25th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

What does it matter if your comment is 1st or 22nd? Nobody cares… dont expect an answer to that question. lmao

PAGE 1 2