Uncharted 4

SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition and Covert Missions Revealed

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Feb 25, 2011 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

If you caught GameTrailers TV last night then congratulations! You had an exclusive first look at two previously-unannounced goodies from SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs – both of which we’re going into detail about right now.

SOCOM 4: 45 Stealth

SOCOM 4: 45 StealthSOCOM 4: 45 Stealth

The first new element ties directly into gameplay and it’s one that we’re really thrilled about. In select missions during the solo campaign, players take control of female South Korean 707th covert operations expert “45.” Acting as the team’s primary form of reconnaissance, 45 slinks into various locales under the cover of night to capture valuable intel and sabotage enemy operations. Armed with silenced weapons and a handy stealth meter that lets players know how visible they are to hostile forces, 45 is a sneaky badass that adds a lot to the already-intense SOCOM 4 experience. We really think you’re going to enjoy playing her missions and we’re glad to finally let that secret out of the bag.

SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Edition for PS3

Part two of our double announcement is just as exciting! In addition to the standard version of SOCOM 4 that you’ll find in stores across America on April 19, there will also be a special limited run SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition. Priced at $149.99, the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition is packed with all kinds of awesome. What kind of awesome are we talking about? Check it:

• SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs video game on Blu-ray disc
  • PlayStation Move Motion Controller
  • PlayStation Move Navigation Controller
  • PlayStation Move sharp shooter
  • PlayStation Eye Camera

At the heart of this limited edition bundle is the PlayStation Move sharp shooter, giving you pinpoint precision and a streamlined and authentic design. On top of all that, you also get easily accessible buttons, responsive digital trigger, realistic pump-action, a firing mode selector, adjustable shoulder stock and convenient access to the navigation controller. Sold separately, the contents of the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition are valued at nearly $220, making its $149.99 price tag a savings of more than 30%!

Regardless of which version of SOCOM 4 you purchase, you can still pre-order it at participating retailers to receive two unique slug-powered shotguns (one each for both the Spec Ops and Insurgent teams). Of course, folks who pre-order SOCOM 4 at GameStop get the shotgun plus the exclusive Suppression map, “Abandoned,” inspired by the classic map of the same name from SOCOM 1 and II.

The SOCOM 4 information train isn’t done yet! We’ll be back again next week with a ton of new details including the dates in which our multiplayer beta kicks off and a few other pleasant surprises to boot.

See you then!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ erick_34 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

+ TomHoang on February 25th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

That is an awesome deal!

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

great!

+ Myke-Myke on February 25th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

Pretty good deal. You guys should of did this with Killzone 3 as well.

+ DeathGazer on February 25th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

Might be my entry into finally getting a Move. That’s a great deal.

+ arkard1000 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

3th! waoo! looks great that box! it would looks better with kilzone 3!

+ DaRkS1LeNc3 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

how did i know a socom special edition was going ot be anounced. haha…

not what i excpetd to be included, but i may get it… and sell the move stuff since i already have it. but i was going to get the sharpshooter

+ Haskell420 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

yeah, you can’t complain aboutt this offer, that’s a great deal

+ NARDE15 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

I’m owning that Deployment Edition! Its dipped in AwesomeSauce!

+ TomHoang on February 25th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Man, the PS Blog is on a roll today!

+ XMbeaner on February 25th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Awesome overload. I need to change my pants now with all the awesome sauce I just spewed out. Keep it coming PlayStation.

+ VGCGAMES on February 25th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Wow, Sony’s still not getting the credit for the many Triple A titles that have. if you dont have a ps3 your not experience this generation of gaming. They are unloading the monster.

+ Amans91 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

i already have all those so i just have to preorder the game :), but still thanks Sony

+ utopianacht on February 25th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

the same bundle should be available with killzone 3….

+ KidCommando on February 25th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

THAT is one mighty fine bundle you have there.

Already have all those toys, but great for those still lookin.

Man, the blog is in Overdrive today.

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

Awesome deal, too bad I bought everything (Move and nav controllers and the sharpshooter and KZ3 for the beta code and I am NOT a fan of the KZ series at all, ask Anyone) YESTERDAY. My beta code is not complete. 6 letter/number combo out of 9. I paid a grand total of $225.00 taxes in for all that stuff. code please?

+ erick_34 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

I have Killzone 3 Helghast Edition, Sharp Soother, Playstation Move Montion Controller, Playstation Move Navigation Controller and the Playstation Eye Camera

I’m only going to pre-order the Socom 4 game ^_^

but that bundle is good for anyone who does not have it and saved over $70 dollars

+ vasilli08 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Hot Damn! A bundle worth gettin.

+ guitarded77 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Now that’s how you bundle.

+ C-DaBurna-B on February 25th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Nothing like catering to the casual tards…

Sony/Zipper….explain how come we have MOVE support yet we don’t have classic control schemes from all the past Socom games? Precision, Sharpshooter, Sure Shot…..

I love how you keep making games to sell accessories that rarely get used. I remember when accessories were must haves like the Network Adapater for PS2 that Socom helped sell a million plus units…..the headsets they’ve also sold….

MOVE is junk, I owned it, I sold it.

SONY you keep saying “Hardcore” but all I see is “Softcore” casual crap. I’ll buy Socom 4 but at least give us some real Socom features like Pistols, Demolition, Extraction, Breach, LEAN…..thanks again for ruining a perfectly good franchise as if 1 million units weren’t enough…..thanks for adding XP too we really needed that.

+ G__ROW on February 25th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Wish the bundle also came with a SOCOM collectable… I will most likely get this bundle because I don’t have the Move, but some kind of SOCOM action figure or something would be cool to have since I’ve been a fan from the start of the series.

+ The_Rick_14 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Great bundle but kinda makes me regret being an early adopter. Would have much preferred a Navigation + Sharp Shooter + KZ3/Socom bundle announced before KZ3 released.

Still great bundle. For those wondering about the Sharp Shooter, I’d really say it’s worth the price. So immersive and once you get the settings dialed in where you want them, you can be effective with it. Great peripheral.

+ Sub-Zero on February 25th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Will there be a “normal” special edition? I already have a Sharpshooter…Is there something unique early adopters can look forward to?

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 25th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

@12, the reason sony is not getting credit for its great in house exclusives is terrible advertising/marketing. In the US in particular many of the Ps3 games are not even known by many. Add to this a need for a cheaper PS3 model in the US in particular.

Ps3′s issue has always been two fold, Price, sony lacklustre marketing.

+ erick_34 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

@C-DaBurna-B why there are always people like you who always come to write stupid things like your comment if you do not like the Playstation Move Do not talk bad things about the Playstation Move.

and the Playstation move is also for Hardcore

+ Tristan77 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

I got to tell, playing killzone 3 with Move is amazing. I will play socom 4 with Move and that rifle for sure. I hope that resistanse 3 comes with Move support too.

+ RedHarlow on February 25th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

Socom II HD ftw.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 25th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

@19, basically you suck so you don’t like it then? No offence, move is HARDER then a controller and much more immersive, especially with the sharp shooter. How does it being harder make it more casual?

Once you adjust, it works great, close minded peeps just dont like anything different.

Playing KZ3 with move/sharpshooter is more hardcore then the usual Ds3 controller.

+ erick_34 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

I hope Resistance 3 and Uncharted 3 come with Playstation Move and Sharp shooter support too.

+ Coolwater on February 25th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

ORDERED! Thanks Sony!

+ hush404 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

How much is that gun? That (besides the game) is all I don’t have.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 25th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

39.99

+ erick_34 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

@mastorofpuppetz that is true i have Killzone 3,Move and Sharp Shooter and i love playing Killzone 3 with Sharp Shooter

+ The_Leducs on February 25th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

That is a great deal!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 25th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

Great deal!

+ megaFdeth on February 25th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Thats pretty cool but kinda sucks that Sony decided to do this with SOCOM and not with Killzone; I would have loved to have this same bundle but with Killzone 3. Oh well…

+ radiantshadow92 on February 25th, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

Thats a steal!

+ Superstrokey1123 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

I gotta say i am super tempted… wife wants the wii for the new Michael jackson game too. I want it for extraction.

My only holdback is that i got burnt so bad on the last socom…

+ leo8877 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Wow I wish you would have announced this a couple weeks ago.

+ Superstrokey1123 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

not wii, i mean move… dammit!

+ ICEMAN111188 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

I have all that except Socom 4, I wish they make a Socom 4 Collectors Edition

+ pitythefool852 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Move implementation in Killzone was great. I really hope Socom is just as good.

Looking forward to the demo :)

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on February 25th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

It will be very good! What’s cool about the sharp shooter setup in S4 is that it has its own control scheme separate from the DualShock3 and PlayStation Move scheme; so if you’re using the attachment, it’s not just acting as a “holder” for your motion controller. We’ve optimized the layout and behavior of the controls specifically for the sharp shooter when you use it.

+ Paznos on February 25th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

Guess I should have waited since I still need a nav controller and would have rather had a different game other than sports champions, I wish all the Move bundles with come with both controllers, otherwise why call it a move bundle but it’s still missing part of the move controller?

+ TUSTIN1 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Loving the sharp-shooter, everything just seems so natural after spending some time with it – I wish there would have been a similar deal with KZ3 as I just bought everything separately (other than the camera which I already had).

+ twistedfloyd on February 25th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

Wasn’t too interested in SOCOM until I watched the GTTV thing earlier today. Loved the stealth missions. Nice tip of the hat to MGS with the magazine throwing as well.

Looks awesome! And the co-op support looks great as well (wish it was split screen, too though).

I will be downloading the demo!

Great day to be a fan of PS! Wow! All the news on inFamous 2, Motorstorm, SOCOM, the KZ3 expansion pack (will be getting KZ3 next week!) has been awesome!

Now all I need is a release date on Twisted Metal, and I’ll explode (in the best possible way)!

+ Stringer2355 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

I was hoping Killzone 3 would have a package like that

+ x-former on February 25th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Awesome deal!! After playing KZ3 with move, it is now my preferred method of control. And for those of you wondering i’m playing on hard difficulty with no aim or camera assist on.

Can’t wait to try it on Socom. This bundle is a great deal, but since i already have most of that stuff (minus the sharpshooter) only the game will be day 1 for me!

+ D-Squad3 on February 25th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

That is what I call a deal!!! I’m definitely looking to get that! That’s about $220 separated.

+ The_Grey__Warden on February 25th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

SOCOM IS DEAD!

+ rebel_sera on February 25th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

when will the socom 4 beta release?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on February 25th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

We’re announcing the beta dates next week.

PAGE 1 2 3