PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition and Covert Missions Revealed

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar + Posted by Jeremy Dunham on Feb 25, 2011 // Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

If you caught GameTrailers TV last night then congratulations! You had an exclusive first look at two previously-unannounced goodies from SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs – both of which we’re going into detail about right now.

SOCOM 4: 45 Stealth

SOCOM 4: 45 StealthSOCOM 4: 45 Stealth

The first new element ties directly into gameplay and it’s one that we’re really thrilled about. In select missions during the solo campaign, players take control of female South Korean 707th covert operations expert “45.” Acting as the team’s primary form of reconnaissance, 45 slinks into various locales under the cover of night to capture valuable intel and sabotage enemy operations. Armed with silenced weapons and a handy stealth meter that lets players know how visible they are to hostile forces, 45 is a sneaky badass that adds a lot to the already-intense SOCOM 4 experience. We really think you’re going to enjoy playing her missions and we’re glad to finally let that secret out of the bag.

SOCOM 4: Full Deployment Edition for PS3

Part two of our double announcement is just as exciting! In addition to the standard version of SOCOM 4 that you’ll find in stores across America on April 19, there will also be a special limited run SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Full Deployment Edition. Priced at $149.99, the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition is packed with all kinds of awesome. What kind of awesome are we talking about? Check it:

• SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs video game on Blu-ray disc
  • PlayStation Move Motion Controller
  • PlayStation Move Navigation Controller
  • PlayStation Move sharp shooter
  • PlayStation Eye Camera

At the heart of this limited edition bundle is the PlayStation Move sharp shooter, giving you pinpoint precision and a streamlined and authentic design. On top of all that, you also get easily accessible buttons, responsive digital trigger, realistic pump-action, a firing mode selector, adjustable shoulder stock and convenient access to the navigation controller. Sold separately, the contents of the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition are valued at nearly $220, making its $149.99 price tag a savings of more than 30%!

Regardless of which version of SOCOM 4 you purchase, you can still pre-order it at participating retailers to receive two unique slug-powered shotguns (one each for both the Spec Ops and Insurgent teams). Of course, folks who pre-order SOCOM 4 at GameStop get the shotgun plus the exclusive Suppression map, “Abandoned,” inspired by the classic map of the same name from SOCOM 1 and II.

The SOCOM 4 information train isn’t done yet! We’ll be back again next week with a ton of new details including the dates in which our multiplayer beta kicks off and a few other pleasant surprises to boot.

See you then!

+ NyPrince on February 25th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

You forgot to add one more thing to list, that it’s also a pure rip off.

+ Nithorias on February 25th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

I have one question, will this bundle be available at Wal-Mart???
BTW awesome bundle and cant wait for the game!

+ TheCraZyCloWn on February 25th, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Hi,

I have a question that many people will want to know: Can we purchase Abandoned separately?

Thanks for the reply!

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on February 25th, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

Abandoned is an exclusive incentive for pre-ordering from GameStop.

+ etur0 on February 25th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

that is a good deal but I already have almsot all of that already the only thing that I don’t is the sharp shooter since I don’t have the money to buy it yet same goes with kz3

+ mcbuttz78 on February 25th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

So you mean to tell me if we pre order from gamstop we still get abandon mp map&shotgun for mp & this bundle for the amazing price of 150$.. Now navigation controllers are hard to find.. All this from a pre order from gamestop for the bundle aboveAt 150$? is that correct mr dunham

mcbuttz78- vp of psn legionaies group

+ Shocking4U on February 25th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

Very cool but i already own the move and the nav controller.
but i will probably buy the sharpshooter. when is it going to be out? and what is the price? also is there is going to be a collectors edition for the game?

+ KILLA_KING_007 on February 25th, 2011 at 11:28 am said:

Niiice!

+ Busca-Cabezas on February 25th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

I dont see any discount here… The PS MOVE bundle costs what? $100, and its the same items but just a different game? And the SharpShooter costs what? $50? No discount at all, just promoted in a different way and game… Ok, its kinda nice but… still the same…

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on February 25th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

Here’s the breakdown. When the contents of the bundle (which costs $149.99) are purchased separately, the PlayStation Move motion controller retails for $49.99, the Navigation controller is $29.99, the PlayStation Eye is $39.99, the sharp shooter is $39.99 and SOCOM 4 is $59.99 — a total of $219.95.

In other words, you save roughly 70 bucks via the bundle. That’s definitely a discount!

+ hulknas on February 25th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Hopes the Sharpshooter and PS Move work better on this game then Killzone 3. Bad reveiws on the Sharpshooter on KZ3. They say the PS Move by its self works alright..but add the SharpShooter to the mix and the calibrations are off..keeps sliding off the screen. Look up the reviews before you purchase this product. I am already mad that Zipper dumbed down Socom Multiplayer to fit these products into there game.

+ SolidRex on February 25th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

AWESOME! This is a great deal. Thank you!

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 25th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

@58, BS, its just you, reviews for sharpshooter on Kz 3 are great, you realize Move is what move the corssair right, the sharp shooter is JUST a holster for the move, LMAO.

Sharpshooter works great for me in KZ3. The issue you talk about is a move calibration issue.

+ SolidRex on February 25th, 2011 at 11:53 am said:

O and BTW I enjoy the Original Smokey BBQ. Tastes like Victory.

+ GRIM__REAFER on February 25th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

Add a headset to that (i have one)

+ megaFdeth on February 25th, 2011 at 12:00 pm said:

I think Im gonna bit the bullet and buy this bundle; not only is it a good deal its super cool and fun too. I just hope there will be more and more support for the sharpshooter and not just two games. After spending so much money in rock band and guitar hero peripherals Im kinda skeptical about buying more add ons to my controllers…

+ sleepy92 on February 25th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

Nice bundle but I already bought the Sports Champions bundle and a navigation conroller. Killzone 3 has got to be the greatest use of motion controls ever. I’m thinking of buying a sharpshooter when the price goes down to $25. See you guys in the Socom 4 beta.

+ erico316ecw on February 25th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

what about a shapshooter and socom 4 bulde without a move?for those of us that brought the move when it release.

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 25th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Thats a good deal, like getting the game almost free :)

+ MarinoBrea on February 25th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Now that’s value -not to mention a guaranteed AWESOME game is included. You guys knocked it out of the park.

+ omega_alpha-619 on February 25th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

@58 Yeh I have no problem using sharpshooter in KZ3, it just holds the move controller and nav. controller. The issue your refering to is the move calibration AKA sensitivity which is adjusted in the options menu. Guess some people aren’t smart enough to adjust those options apparently. lol no surprise XD

+ MarinoBrea on February 25th, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

@Busca-Cabezas

What are you on man? The regular Move Starter pack DOESN’T INCLUDE THE NAV, and are you comparing Sports Champions with SOCOM 4? LMAO!

But sure if you want to pay $100 and get Sports Champion, go ahead. THEN pay $60 for Socom 4, $40 for the SShooter and $30 for the Nav. In all, you will spend $230 and you will have Sports Champion! YAY YOU…or not…

+ x-former on February 25th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

Jeremy and Zipper:

PLEASE don’t alienate the fans that pre-ordered this game else where other than gamestop.

I have my copy pre-ordered at amazon and would love to get the abandoned map.

+ SilverBlade51 on February 25th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

Why didn’t Sony do this bundle with KZ3 too? Can we know when the Socom 4 Beta will start?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

+ Jeremy Dunham on February 25th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

We announce beta dates next week.

+ ZalAamir on February 25th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

only thing im worried about(with regards to the Move support) is the stealth sections(like the one mentioned in this blog post)

just tried Killzone 3′s stealth section earlier and…while it’s not bad, many times i had to resort to shooting my way thru because it just felt a little awkward.

i guess it wouldnt be a big deal if there’s no “once spotted,mission over” parameter hanging on the objective.

god,i hope that won’t be forced on the mission :/

+ darknightgotham on February 25th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

Seriously. Best. Bundle. Ever.

+ Chessy_08 on February 25th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Jeremy I cant wait for Socom 4 and I love your guys pod cast but I pray to god that after Socom 4 is released MAG 2 will be your next game. MAG was the best game ever.

+ juggalokenny on February 25th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

@58 the sharpshooter works fine for me on KZ3. its all ive used each day im getting better with it and starting to get to the point where my kills stay higher then deaths. some people are probably just having bad luck with it. i however love it if it wasnt for the move and sharpshooter it would be just another fps game for me to get bored with after a few days

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 25th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

@ Superstrokey1123 , this is Zipper Interactive, not SlantSux.

+ Kchow23 on February 25th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

how about some headset bundles? specially now with the new headset out

+ spideyal on February 25th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Darn, I wasn’t planning on buying this on release day, but after hearing about all the different Co-op modes, or just modes in general and the MP ABOVE single player I honestly want it as soon as possible.

I loved all the previous SOCOM titles, I even enjoyed Confrontation with SOCOM 3 being my favorite. So I guess I’ll continue the trend and get SOCOM 4 as soon as it releases.

Looking good.

+ Mosh_Pit on February 25th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

Already have the camera but this is a godd deal indeed. This might be the deal to get me a move and the sharpshooter with it.

+ thundercat17 on February 25th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

now im trying to pick either the ps move heroes bundle or this, but then again i can buy both

+ Trixzter7 on February 25th, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

Jeremy Dunham is the man!

+ KingKannibal on February 25th, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

OH GAHD! SOCOM 4 Full Deployment is definitely gonna be my entry to the PS Move, but I’m mainly going for SOCOM 4 since I’ve been playing it from the first one. Thanks Guys

+ El_Hoardo on February 25th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

I got to admit, I’m interested, but $150 is still pretty steep. I just want the Move and Nav controller though. I already have the PS Eye. I’d be willing to buy Socom (looks good but still not sure I want it) if it means I could get a discount on just the Move and Nav controller.

I don’t know who at Sony reads these comments, or if anyone even cares, so saying this may be pointless, but I’d jump on a deal where I could get Socom, a Move, and Navigation controller for $100 – $120, whether as a packaged bundle, a discount just for buying all three at the same time, or just a coupon for a Move + Nav included with Socom.

+ blakseed on February 25th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

You got a deal.

+ j2thaa on February 25th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

Jeremy,

This is a sweet deal thanks! I’m not really interested in motion gaming since I prefer the controller, but a deal like this how can you avoid it. I’ll definitely be getting this. I do have a question about the edition.

Does it include any exclusive content? DLC? decals and/or stickers for the Sharpshooter? steelcase?

Other than that, nice deal!

+ Ama_Daoes on February 25th, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Wow. This will be great pickup for my Killzone 3

+ Busca-Cabezas on February 25th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

Well… My humble apologies to all those “gamers” who I might offended with my comment/post… LOL! What can I say? I’m a retard that needs detailed explanations in order to see clearly. But, I got my point across and questions answered! Its a great deal after all, huh? (There’s no such thing as bad promo) Anyway… You get a game… No matter what game it is… Ok, you cant compare Sports Champs with Socom 4 (but its still a game, they both cost the same when new!), you get all the goodies and they throw in the nav controller… Sweet! You actually get a discount here and not just a game but a GREAT GAME with the latest peripherals!! KUDOS to the TEAM!! Sorry for my misunderstanding… ^_^

+ Tank_Baked on February 25th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

Sold!!

This game wasn’t even on my radar until this article . Too good of a deal to pass up.

Thanks !

+ JL84wolf on February 25th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

The campaign looks better than I expected at the start.

+ JL84wolf on February 25th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Do you put a single player demo on psn before the launch ?

+ Bloodclot on February 25th, 2011 at 8:23 pm said:

Just pre-ordered this bundle at Amazon.

+ SuperTiso on February 25th, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

That’s just too amazing. I was buying the Sharp Shooter for Killzone 3 today when I found this out. I was already getting the gun, Socom 4, and I needed an extra Move controller to begin with.

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on February 25th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

You’re killing me here! For my Birthday, I am supposed to get the new HTC Thunderbolt. Now seeing this, I’m stumped.

I am in GREAT need for a new phone. My Motorola Rival just doesn’t cut it anymore

I am in GREAT need for another reason to play my Move. Sports Champions just doesn’t cut it anymore.

I already have Two Move Controllers and a Navigation controller (and PS Eye). But the Sharpshooter is jut to awesome. Does it come with the stickers?
Oh yeah, I looked @ Gamestop, and the Pre-Order bonus is only for the regular edition :/

Please help me decide…. or at least tell me why SOCOM would be the better choice..

+ WarEnder on February 25th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Will SOCOM 4 have voice command features in the single player like past SOCOM games?

+ DNAgent on February 25th, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

You ALMOST had me. If you take away the Sharpshooter and price it at $110 then I probably would’ve bought it. I’ll probably wait for a big price drop on the move bundle & navigation controller because motion gaming is what is ruining this gen. I mean I could play Echochrome just fine with a regular controller but now I can’t play Echochrome 2 because of this whole motion control fad/gimmick since since I can’t play the 2nd game with a regular controller.

+ Hooligantuan on February 25th, 2011 at 11:15 pm said:

Exclusive Preorder Incentive?

Heard that one before!

;D

+ madtyger on February 26th, 2011 at 1:58 am said:

Wasn’t going to get this game until I saw it played with the Move, now I have my Full Deployment bundle already pre-ordered.

+ FearlessSasuke on February 26th, 2011 at 3:37 am said:

I am so tempted to buy this, but I also want to get Infamous 2 Hero Edition so many Editions D:

+ Shadow_Dancer on February 26th, 2011 at 3:52 am said:

What a shame you forgot to include a SOCOM game in that bundle. It looks more like a MAG/Call of Duty rip-off.