PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Around the Web: What We Read

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 27, 2011 // Sr. Social Media Manager

We really want to meet you.

How badly? Over the next 2 weeks, we’ll be fanning out across 3 of this great nation’s 4 major time zones (sorry Hawaii), equipped with not-yet-released titles for your gaming pleasure. We’ll talk more about our PAX East and SXSW plans shortly, for now we are focused on GDC, where we hope to see you TOMORROW. Click here for details. Then RSVP.

Oh, and we had a great time at Friday night’s engadget reader meetup. We gave out a PS3. We’ll do more such things in our upcoming events.

SF. Tomorrow.

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of February 21, 2011)

+ Butters360 on February 27th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

Man, I really wish I could go to one of these events, but they are so far away. Thanks in advance for all the great GDC coverage. Hopefully with all the traveling around and new people you don’t get sick, wouldn’t want to end up like Sid now ;)

Also Jeff, will you guys be asking us readers what we want in the blog redesign/android app?

Thanks again.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 27th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

We asked – but without you knowing. We redesigned using heat maps to find what people are clicking on the most. The design is nearly done, we’ll be entering closed beta soon.

+ thepatriots on February 27th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

I know this is a pretty niche question… but is there any progress report on the Frex or ECCI high end racing wheels and pedal sets being compatible with the PS3? Tried the T500 RS out and did not like it.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 27th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Niche is right :) We don’t make those, so you’ll have to speak to the manufacturers.

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 27th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

You forgot to include from Siliconera “Parasite Eve infection North American PSN”.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 27th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Just because the ESRB rated it, doesn’t mean a release is imminent. That’s why I didn’t include it :)

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 27th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

@3 The article is titled, “Parasite Eve infecting playstation network in north america”

+ I3rand0 on February 27th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Jeff:

Any update on the My Trophies issue?

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 27th, 2011 at 10:51 am said:

Been out of the office, and will be all week this week. Status update requested!

+ Ragnant on February 27th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Plants vs Zombots link is not working…..

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 27th, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

fixed! thanks.

+ DeathGazer on February 27th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

Wish I was going to GDC. I want more NGP info!!!

+ Destiny89 on February 27th, 2011 at 10:12 am said:

Jeff what do you think, will Sony bring over White Knight Chronicles 2 to NA or not? would be great if we see it coming out this year. i mean i know the year is already packed with games, still feel like its missing WKC2 :P

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 27th, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

That’s a lot of copies sold for Gran Turismo 5!

+ JKar275 on February 27th, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

I’m definitely looking forward to the PAX East meetup in Boston!

Killzone 3′s multiplayer is awesome with Move. I followed your advice on how to adjust the settings & they worked great for me.

It would be great if GG could bring true vehicles (tanks, APCs, ISA Intruders, etc. to KZ3 multiplayer.

+ lcmnick on February 27th, 2011 at 10:15 am said:

Arsenal never going to win a trophy are they ^_^

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 27th, 2011 at 10:52 am said:

Yeah, that was bad.

+ DZORMAGEN on February 27th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Hey Jeff, I love the Playstation Blog, but how come you, Sid, and Rey are the only ones commenting on the blog post. The other blog post rarely gets and replies from us gamers? They just come here post something and leave not responding to anyone. Also when the store updates, and people leave comments they get ignored! Also will there be a meet up in Los Angeles soon?

+ SolidSnakeSSx on February 27th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

Hopefully you guys will get some coverage of Battlefield 3 and Alice: Madness Returns at GDC.

+ Kchow23 on February 27th, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

Any plans for GDC Canada? oh and would be nice if they stopped using “shipped” numbers and instead use how many were actually sold to consumers

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on February 27th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Jeff, are you excited for Socom4? I am. Cant wait for the beta. Also the last link for the free movies only works in America, not here in Canada….

+ The_Grey__Warden on February 27th, 2011 at 11:58 am said:

They are killing socom btw its SOCOD now

+ JohnAlden on February 27th, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

I am more looking forward to what Epic Games new ip they’ll be unveiling this week. Anyways jeff have you seen Epic Games new ip? Will it be multiplatform or exlusively to ps3,that would be nice if it is.

+ Kirkpad on February 27th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

Personally I have been playing de Blob 2 lately. It’s really great fun. I’m surprised there wasn’t any post about it.

+ Ftwrthtx on February 27th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

Here’s another Killzone 3 Review for you, Jeff:

10/10

+ x_STiLETTO_x on February 27th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

You should definitely add this KillZone 3 review to your reading list! http://www.offdutygamers.com/2011/02/killzone-3-review/

;)

+ afiqltd on February 27th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

I noticed the Mass Effect 2 patch update. I’m looking forward to replaying ME2 it soon.

+ jhernandez360 on February 27th, 2011 at 2:20 pm said:

Hey any way you guys can get that little jack russel dynamic theme over there on the european store over here on the U.S store i would like to buy it please!

+ y2jedge on February 27th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

Man I can’t wait for Pax East. I knew some of the dogs would be there for some Uncharted 3 news but knowing there will be more Playstation stuff sweetens the pot.

+ Weshzu on February 27th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

jeff last week i asked if pre-order bonus of killzone 3 was stackable. I’m still wondering and have not used any of the vouchers i receive from helghast and gamestop/ebgame would be lovely if you could get the answers there are quite a few active dev and mods on the kz.com forum but never able to answer me back sadly :/ would be great cuz i’m planning on using it on wednesday ^^ thanks

+ zacljessee on February 27th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

It iz so dumb dat we can’t get Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday for PS3 only psp. Series started on playstation console, I don’t have a psp and I’m not gettin’ 1 just 2play it. They should release it for psn network for both PS3 and psp!

+ Butters360 on February 27th, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

It looks like we’re getting Vagrant Story this Tuesday! Woot!

+ Sufinsil on February 27th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

You do realize there is 6 time zones covering the 50 states.

+ zacljessee on February 27th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

Iz de blob 2 really good? It looks like it wouldn’t take long 2 platinum!

+ dudehere3 on February 27th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

I know this will most likely fall upon deaf ears but for the love of god can we please get a decent firmware update. mabye google tv or just a better web browser. just a response of something really cool is on the horizon would be great.

+ digitalman123 on February 27th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Sweet a Crysis 2 demo! Now I can know if I’d get the game actually!
Gotta play Plants vs. Zombots… How is it?
@27: Probably, but I’m tempted just for another Move game! :P

+ Jeeves_Tremor on February 27th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

Hey Jeff, just finished KZ3, and I saw all your names in the credits!

Also, WHO WAS IN THE POD!? I MUST KNOW!

+ angelspawn77 on February 27th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

Hey jeff do you know if the new greatest hits update has taken effect? I went on Saturday to both Gamestop and Target to see if Heavy Rain had gotten the price cut, but they were still the regular 60$ price.

+ Prisoned-Beast on February 27th, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

I just did a write up about killzone 3 check it out wasdcontrollers.blogspot.com If anyone wants a third opinion on why its so awesome :D

+ hardknock55 on February 28th, 2011 at 11:47 am said:

Im bouta start a boycott for guys to bring wkc 2 across seas, alot of people want that game, forget those bogus reviews that game is nice, if you can play a game a whole year from when its released and put in over 1000 hours of gameplay, then you got a good game on your hands, kinda [DELETED] we gotta wait so long for any news on it ya know and leave all of us with that cliff hanger ending, we need WKC 2 ASAP!

That is all ^_^ Thank You.

+ Maestro-GTUnit on February 28th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

You guys should truly read add this review: A very good read: