PS4 - Destiny

ModNation: A Greatest Hit with Over 2 Million Creations!

Mark Wilson's Avatar + Posted by Mark Wilson on Feb 28, 2011 // Community Specialist, San Diego Studios

ModNation_Mondays

ModNation… Let the celebrations begin!!!

We gave YOU the tools to Race, Create, and Share and you have made over 2 million creations and ModNation Racers has officially achieved Greatest Hits status! That means you can get your hands on a copy of ModNation Racers for only $29.99! Thank you and Congratulations! On top of this we have more great original DLC content releasing this year. Just take a look-

If you download and race one track a day, everyday, it would take you well over one full millennium to finish, and that’s including leap year days!

That’s [too] [mil-yuh n] [kree-ey-shuh nz] since our release in 2010! Did we mention over 2,000,000? We did? Good. We are just so excited around here that we can’t think of anything else..well other than-

ModNation Racers is Officially a Greatest Hit!

Modnation Racers Greatest Hits for PS3

Now only $29.99 to access to over 2 MILLION CREATIONS. Not bad!

In celebration we are releasing ModNation Racers as an official PS3 “Greatest Hits” package! This week ModNation Racers for the PS3 will be available at your local retailer for only $29.99! In case you are snowed in or stuck on the couch, you’re in luck. This week, the game will also be available on the PSN store for the same price, and if you are a PSN+ member you will get a free trial of ModNation Racers. That should put us well on our way to 3 million!

Our Gift to You!
We didn’t know what to get for all of you, i.e. shirt sizes, color preferences, etc… so instead we have planned a ModNation-palooza like celebration starting in March. Look for some cool events and don’t think we forgot about great prizes. We didn’t. You’ll love ‘em. Check next week’s ModNation Monday for more details.

Shouting From The Rooftops…
We want even more creations! If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track for consideration as “Creation of the Week”, be sure to visit us on the official ModNation Community site and who knows?, you might see your hard work on the PlayStation ModNation Monday blog or in-game on the Hot Lap section of the Modspot. Be the envy of your friends the world! Really. The whole world!

A Progressive Society
Hey, ModNation Racers fans! Progressive Insurance is sponsoring a free Parts Pack download. You can use these parts to enter the “Progressive ModNation Gran Prix” contest for a chance to win a 46” Sony Bravia 3D HDTV or PlayStation Move Sports Champions bundle. Here’s how to enter…

Check the PlayStation Store this week for this FREE DLC which includes…

Scene Props:

• Blimp 1 & 2

Dynamic Prop:

• Ramp 2

Track Props:

• Ad Board
  • Box 1, 2 & 3

“TOP TRACKS” ARE THE TOP TRACKS!

ModNation Racers: top

Each week we will choose a “Spotlight Track of the Week” (see below) which is the best-of-the best of the past weeks’ creation submissions. This “Spotlight Track of the Week” will be added to “Top Tracks” billboard for your racing enjoyment. Each week a new track will rotate in and one track will rotate out. This will give each of the winning tracks’ creators some much deserved exposure and possibly a lot more xp!

MODNATION CREATIONS OF THE WEEK:

SPOTLIGHT TRACK OF THE WEEK
Battle of Port Duisburg by prob_alex

ModNation Racers: duls1

ModNation Racers: duls2ModNation Racers: duls3

prob_alex says: “This my most challenging track to date… many, many, many hours spent on it so I really hope u enjoy it. The final lap the track route completely changes and will probably catch a few people out but thats part of the fun”

Tecnoboy1 says: “Looks like a real battlefield, nice job”

Laidbackcat says: “totally epic .. another classic from wales”

atheistsw says: “Ah, that looks epic, the boat is immense”

Mark drools: “Lets put it this way, I looked up the definition of the word “epic” in the dictionary and that falls way, way short. prob_alex can create a track with UN-BE-LIEVE-ABLE structures (fly / drive over a battleship and more), but he doesn’t just rely on this. He somehow finds the time and talent to create a fun and unique track to go with it”. Do yourself a favor, drive this track. It comes with a money-back guarantee! If you don’t like it you’ll get 100% of your money back!… oh that’s right, tracks like this are free! GOTTA LOVE MNR!”

Honorable Mention: D.C. Drift! By atheistsw

ModNation Racers: dc1ModNation Racers: dc2

atheistsw says: “Take a picturesque drive through the capitol city, marveling at the sights while staying one step ahead of the opposition. With plenty of opportunities for big air and huge drifts this is a track to suit novices and experts alike. Remember to wave to Obama as you drive-by.”

Mark: Bucket list. Washington D.C. Check.

Tracks of the Week
Monday: Battle of Port Duisburg by prob_alex
Tuesday: D.C. Drift by atheistsw
Wednesday: Mod Venezia by Yika
Thursday: Aloha Isle by dane9261
Friday: Crocodile Pit Raceway by Funkee_Monkee4
Saturday: Minecart Madness by MXCoriginal (chosen by www.psnation.org )
Sunday: Phanto’s Revenge by JEFFTMBG (chosen by www.modnationracershq.com)

NOW HOT LAPS ARE 24/7/365
Starting this week we are adding “Celebrity’s Choice” tracks to Hot Lap. Now tracks on Saturdays and Sundays will be hand chosen by members of the MNR family at large. These will include choices from www.modnationonline.com, www.modnationhq.com, www.psnation.org, ModNation development team, as well as many of the Elite track designers from the MNR community.

PS3 MOD AND KART OF THE WEEK
It’s fun to see people making use of the recent Lovebug and Swan kart DLC.
Mod Name: anti-love bug
Creator: jph10

ModNation Racers: bugModNation Racers: bug2

Kart Name: Swan Ice Sculpture
Creator: DarkValentine_-

ModNation Racers: swanModNation Racers: swan2

TRACK CREATION TUTORIAL
Floating Islands by prob_alex

ModNation Racers: island

Mark (in a paranoid voice): “prob_alex, have you planted a listening device in my home? This weekend I was showing friends MNR (they looooved it) and to a person (including myself) exclaimed “how did they make those islands float!”. The next day I log on to the forums at work and I see a tutorial (want more) about just this same exact thing (goosebumps). prob_alex, you are my hero (and soon to be other’s hero after they see this!).”

Check this out: Island Tutorial
Wow…we’re not worthy!, we’re not worthy!
Let the mind-blowing creations begin!

Thank You!
On behalf of the ModNation Racers family at UFG, Sony and San Diego Studio, we are so appreciative and humbled by your enthusiasm and passion for this game we all love.

Our sincere thank you. You rock! (1..2..3.. big Nation hug!)

Well that’s it for this week. I’ve gotta start racing a bunch of tracks or I’m never going to get any “work” done.

Have a great week!

Mark

p.s. TWO MILLION!

PAGE 1 2

+ scorpio182 on March 1st, 2011 at 6:24 am said:

I’m sold!!!

I was still on the fence even at $29.99 but after this post you have sold me.

+ shredder110 on March 1st, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

a prehistoric mini theme for jungle would be rad. I still think we need a future/fantasy theme or a night life city theme. Now that we have a fire fighter dlc coming, time for mortician with hearse & ambulance lol

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 1st, 2011 at 7:49 am said:

I know im extreeeemly late..but i hope you guys can make some new MODES (battle,elimination – like the psp, tag and or death race ok maybe not that last one..lol )..if not in this game then in the next game PLEASE!..this game will have alot more potential if this is game option was to be added. Thanks i hope this gets read and replied..i would like to know what ya have to say :P

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

Those are good ideas. Sorry they are late, but good. We always read these posts so keep the comments coming.

+ RighteousFury73 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

When will it be available in Canada @ the price quoted?

I also do not see it available for purchase in the PSN either.

+ scorpio182 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

I can’t seem to find this game at $29.99 at Canadian retailers yet?

When can we expect that to happen?

+ DarkAkatosh on March 1st, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

Space theme, please? :)

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

that would be cool!

+ atheistsw on March 1st, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

Okay, so please clarify, is the Progressive contest open to everyone or is it US only?

+ MabsterB on March 1st, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

athiestsw, read the rules.
ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to legal residents of United States only who are 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, agencies and affiliates and each of their related companies and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C., and where prohibited by law.

+ BRIT-KO on March 1st, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Despite your updates & my wanting this title to be so good, its a shame the AI still sucks so bad in this game.

+ Funkee_Monkee4 on March 1st, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

I just noticed one of my tracks were in the video! lol
It may be just for one second buy still. :D

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on March 2nd, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

I got your back!

+ DarkValentine_- on March 1st, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

THANK YOU!!! =D

+ atheistsw on March 1st, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

@58 – Well, then that sucks, the first official MNR contest for AGES and it’s only open to the US. Way to screw us over-paying Europeans yet again Sony! :(

+ ArvindraHerod12 on March 1st, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

Should I get this? Looks good, but should be for 20.00

+ shredder110 on March 1st, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

@63 $20? c’mon dude quit being cheap!!!!! These guys continue to work hard on the game. $30 is half the prices of other games. Buy the friggin game dude. It’s worth it.

+ prob_alex on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

@20 — im sorry if the cannon annoyed you and that i tried to create something different other than the 2 million — (yes they mentioned that above) creations. im not sure if you have ever tried to stack objects on objects but beleive me when i say its extremely annoying as it wont allow you to place them to close together.. this is the reason why it wasnt quite level.. but havin said that… there is always a select button you can press! and the blocks are not my fault.

as i am curious and do welcome opinions… what did you all rate it? honest anwser would be nice.. and dont worry im not goin to go and rate your stuff down if you did mine. it will just make me work harder for my next track. :)

cheers prob_alex

+ prob_alex on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

@19 – I’m excited that a new contest is coming up but am discouraged from participating due to the winner will very likely glitch tilt the props to create an “epic” piece of eye candy.

So again, can we please have an official prop tilting feature, because until we do, we can expect to see a lot of stuff from the same few creators (the ones glitching like mad).

no need to worry perish us ‘glitchers’ are mainly from europe.. and we are not welcome lol.

Mark Wilson's Avatar

+ Mark Wilson on March 2nd, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

rofl!

+ thedestroyer343 on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

finally, a snow and ice theme. been waiting for this ever since this game came out. woot!! i can see it now, ppl recreating sherbert land with those annoying penguins getting in the way >:)

btw, when will it be available to download on the psn store?

+ thedestroyer343 on March 2nd, 2011 at 10:50 am said:

@12 i dont think so tim!

+ CougarHunterX on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

@65 Thanks again for the tutorial.

If I recall correctly, I gave the track a four. It’s very beautiful. I’m not sure what I liked the most– having the inflatable mods man the guns or have the cannons appear to fire. Also, I appreciated having a off-road track that was rather clear about where you can and can not go. With the D.C. track, some of the grassy areas were usable, while others were not. I appreciated your hill & valley system to mark the track towards the end.

+ CougarHunterX on March 2nd, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

cont’d:
The cannon didn’t annoy me– we get infinite laps so I just hit reset, and I was on my way. I don’t remember how the cannons in Tank Crazy or Tank Crazy 2 worked, but I think the artist laid some track inside one, preventing it from becoming a broken halfpipe. The cannon in your track might be too small for that though. Nothing I create is as imaginative, so I’m at a loss for solutions. I didn’t mean to be rude by reporting problems without suggesting solutions. I was simply without ideas to help, sorry.

When I got stuck on top of the ship, I hit reset and it put me at the same undriveable angle. Was there a track under/in the blocks it was trying to “drop” me onto? I wish the props had the same degree of manipulation as the odds & ends in kart and mod creation, which makes me think someone should do a house of mirrors level and have distorted scenery!

+ scorpio182 on March 2nd, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

I went to a few retailers here in Canada and still no $29.99 price point…. :(

+ dane9261 on March 2nd, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

@65 I rated it 5* Because the boat looked awe-inspiring (But i decided to give the glitchers 1* lol…I didnt rate them, but i may… :) ) Great shortcuts as well!

+ Underdisc on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

When should we be expecting a release date for the Snow theme.

+ shredder110 on March 2nd, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

The snow theme is gonna be amazing. Just a thought for the career extensions in the new themes. Perhaps a boss (new elite racer challenger). It’ll give the game a (sequel) feel to it.

+ prob_alex on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

@69. thanks for answering. and no im glad you commented as i can ask you personally your opinion.. not just casting your vote.
im not saying here that my track is a 5star, but what have you voted 5stars? this is so that i can go and check up on it.. and produce an all round better track next time.
yes the tank crazy track has a larger gun.. there for has track inside it. Bigger the structure you are building.. the easier it is to get right and make it drivable. no problem for the tutorial. i have posted 4 tutorials altogether. be free to check them out.. thanks

+ prob_alex on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

question for mark wilson..

if i create a track promoting modnation.com will it be allowed to run in hotlap??

i dont want to spend all the time on it when it hasnt even got a chance to get on hotlap.. if other creators create better tracks and they beat mine to it. i have no problem..but if it hasnt got a chance atall as it promotes (even tho it promotes you) then i wont bother.

cheers :)

+ iSt3v3-PaRk on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:47 pm said:

I’m gonna order this…

+ Underdisc on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:56 pm said:

Oh, and some track names are Oil Valley, Island Jam, Climb of the Ninja, Modopolis, and there are others.

+ DbyZer0 on March 4th, 2011 at 6:54 am said:

I love that you are putting out so good content and by no means should you ever stop, but could you PLEASE make the 3 and 4 player-split screen playable with the full AI players instead of 3 and 0 respectively?

I also second this request for offline tourney modes: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/02/28/modnation-a-greatest-hit-with-over-2-million-creations/comment-page-1/#comment-526508

+ prob_alex on March 4th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

@72 cheers for the 5* rating dane.. but when you mean glitchers… do you mean the racers who skipped half the corse? or something else?

+ CougarHunterX on March 4th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

@80, i think he refers to tilting the props, but Yika made a youtube video tutorial and a “track” available, so I do know what the problem would be

Also, my 5 stars that I can remember:
Atheistsw: Isla Luxoria, Oasis Storm (still trying all of yours out)

AgrorokX – Kart Factory

Coucouillou- Star Wars Tatooine

CreativerRhino- City Limits(the appropriate use of warning signs, the make or break barrel launchers, and the branching home stretch make this my favorite)

Hellstorm057- Tiku Tik Mountain

Puppethand666- Banshee Boardwalk, Dry Dry

DesertFrappe Snowland,

TimmyTam- EmpireStrikesBack, TankCrazy2, maybe DinoCrazy

I forget which Gotham City I like. V-Saturn’s Best Monaco Grand Prix, but it can be chaotic/one-sided for more than 6 people.

+ xXGoryDaysXx on March 4th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

why wont modnation let me go online i just bought the game on march 1st because i lost it the first time and it says i have been unauthenticated and/or kicked from the servers every time i try to connect. Like i haven’t been able to get online once what is going on?????????!!

+ CougarHunterX on March 5th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

prob_alex,
the 5 stars i have given you:
jurassic nation & sector 7

like atheistsw, I’ve just begun trying all yours out.

+ Neoshenlong on March 5th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

That game looks awesome, i’m totally getting it… someday. Too bad there’s no PS Store down here in Colombia, i’ll need to make a short trip to the capital to get this one.

+ ArvindraHerod12 on March 5th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

I got this today, with God of War 3 for 40.00. This is a awesome game! So cool!

+ shredder110 on March 6th, 2011 at 12:26 am said:

Right now I’m not on due to Black Ops’ DBL XP weekend but starting monday, I’m gonna work on another track. Hey Mark can you check out my “Tall Tale” track? Tell me what you think of it. I wanna do a castle track. just one giant castle.

+ shredder110 on March 7th, 2011 at 4:43 am said:

Ok today is the last day for the double xp on BlackOps so I’m coming back. Getting burned out on the shooting stuff. The new maps are giving me track ideas!!! :) Heck I created a extra online profile just so I can publish MORE creations. I maxed outta slots.

+ dane9261 on March 7th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

@80 I meant the noob who skimmed half of your track by crashing into a fence and not racing on any of the boat…

PAGE 1 2