Far Cry 4

PixelJunk Shooter 2 Hits PSN Today With New Online Battle Mode

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Cuthbert on Mar 01, 2011 // President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

So, the wait is over. The sequel to the technically and critically acclaimed PixelJunk Shooter will be with us later today! It continues where the original left off, leaving you trapped in the deep dark bowels of an enormous alien entity. Fight through the backwash and encounter the weird and terrible monsters that are living in the alien’s gut, force your way through putrid stomach acid and strange slippery bubbly stuff, and be totally grossed out by thousands of iddy-biddy insects that come pouring out of strange pulsating larvae when you mix water with it.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screensPixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

Yes, this is a game you probably want to avoid playing immediately after eating, and you might feel a little queasy the next time you are staring down Sparrow-on-a-stick (a Kyoto traditional cruisine).

But wait… PixelJunk Shooter 2 isn’t all about dieting and worm control! It has vast new worlds to explore that aren’t part of an organism’s digestive track, and new technologies too, such as the Hungry Suit and the Light Suit and a whole load more. Use the new R3 spin-attack to wipe out chains of enemies at a time and revel in the destructive mayhem you can dish out with the upgraded charged missile! But all this wanton damage is in a good cause as those survivors still need rescuing and only YOU can save them!

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

On top of all this fun, we have added a completely new online versus mode which I have gone over in a previous post, but let me tell you, it’s just oozing with “addictability”, with twenty unique wonderful weapons to earn and use in the battles I really hope everyone gives it a go. It’s not overly aggressive and is a bit of cute cat-and-mouse fun, so even those PixelJunk fans out there who have never played online before, I urge you to give it a few tries (besides, one of the trophies requires you to go up at least one league in the online mode so that should be a good enough lure).

Anyway, I shouldn’t keep you too long, you’ve got PSN wallets to fill and Shooter 2s to download! See you online! (my ID’s PixelMeister so if you encounter me in your league battling, be kind and let me destroy you!)

P.S. There is something extra special for those of you who collect all the treasures… I shan’t spoil it though, last one there’s a ninny!

Over and out! …now where did I place that damn magma ball blaster…

58 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ daniel3334 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

looks awesome!! will buy when store updates today!!

+ JonJonXD on March 1st, 2011 at 8:05 am said:

Totally buying it Day 1! I loved the first game :D

I also hope it’s $9.99 like the first one D:

+ Korbei83 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

I was sold on this in 2009. I’ve just been waiting to give you my money.

Take my money already! Take it!

+ LionheartAce on March 1st, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

Dope. Been looking forward to this. This is going to be a sweet store update.

+ stlthriot on March 1st, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

Gonna be great! Love the fluid effects! :D
I’m curious on price as well and if there is any discount for PS+ members.

+ HouseMorton on March 1st, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

Excited! What’s next?

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

Buying Today, very Impressed with Your games. Keep em coming like this. I see a Long Career for You Fine Folks at Q-Games and long term success.

In other news….
Socom 4 Beta Info? Hey Q-Games Dev’s, Do you play Socom?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

If the price is right i just might buyit :p sorry ima be a pops soon cant go spending all my saved diaper doe on ever AWESOME EXCLUSIVE PSN GAME… ya digg :p

+ v1nc73 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

playstation we need some other new games for this system mayne…some sweet adventres…u guyz shoul create a pokemon game for ps3….dat would top dah market

+ KosmoCrisis on March 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

I loved the first despite how utterly short it was to 100%. Here’s to hoping the sequel will keep me playing for more than a few hours. I wonder if there will be any PS Plus discount.

+ Charles_Surge on March 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

Bros gotta say how many USDs.

+ xaos on March 1st, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

Thanks for the pointers on the online battle mode last night at the PS blog get together, even if I did wash out of the tournament almost immediately. Really fun set of powerups and weapons; having 100 percented PJS1, looking forward to trying to do the same on this guy, if only my online combat skills improve

+ jonathan_val on March 1st, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Great; I cant wait…
Add online co-op too please…!!!

+ trapper12 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

Awesome I can’t wait to buy it! I loved the first PixelJunk Shooter and I can’t wait to play this one will all new features and online play.

Thanks Dylan.

+ Curtisio on March 1st, 2011 at 8:22 am said:

This looks and sounds great and very exciting; however, I’ve not played much of anything else but LBP2 since it’s release.

LBP2 has destroyed my gamer soul!

+ SilverBlade51 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

Finally! ‘Bout damn time. I’m going to buy it probably this Friday.

+ Berae on March 1st, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

Nice! love the serie. So hmmm I guess it’s a bit early to talk about PixelJunk Monsters 2 or Dungeon heh? loll just kidding

+ SpyDudeFX on March 1st, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

The game is $9.99, and there’s no demo. Last blog Q-Games indicated they focused on getting the game out and will look at a demo later. What are the Home rewards for the game and can we expect an update to the PJ Space in Home? Soundtrack release? Dynamic theme? Avatars? Thanks.

+ Moosehole on March 1st, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

Yes! Been waiting for this one ever since finishing the first. Love everything you guys at Q-Games do!

+ Zezzler on March 1st, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

Awesome stuff! I cannot wait to download it! I would really love to see another PixelJunk monsters game though. Although I do really enjoy Shooter, Monsters is just sooo much more awesome imo. Thanks for the update Dylan!

+ TwinDad on March 1st, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

Dylan you tell us to fill our wallets, but no mention of how much to add? I know that you typically release for $9.99, but it would have been nice to see the price mentioned.

Still, heading to Best Buy to get a card during lunch.

+ timmy19888 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

hated the first. this one doesnt look any better. and im not gonna pay just get trophies. i think im gonna stick with getting spare parts and risk factions today unless something good goes on sale.

+ Link01 on March 1st, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

It would be nice to get a price, especially if there’s a plus discount ;D

+ Butters360 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

Birthday present to me. Thanks Dylan and Q-Games!

+ Link01 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

Oh, and thanks for the new 3D Pixel Junk shooter 2 dynamic theme coming out :D

+ EJStrat on March 1st, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

@20 Spare Parts isn’t any good. Annnyway.. Where’s Hard Corps??????

Oh, and PJS2 looks pretty sweet. I want more innovative stuff like Eden tho

+ Justp94 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

I will only spend $9.99 on Downloadable PSN games… so this better be $9.99…
If it is $14.99 I’ll pass.

+ toology01 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

Awesome i will be buying this today. By the way, whatever happened to Pixeljunk Dungeons? Ever gonna see the light of day?

+ Lambrick on March 1st, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

and here i thought i was going to be able to put off buying anything for AT LEAST another month. oh, how i was wrong.

+ leo8877 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

Looks great, glad it’s finally here!

+ MetalGearCrysis on March 1st, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Nice to see it’s finally here.

Now for the big question, when will the store update?

+ TheTwelve on March 1st, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

PixelJunkshooter 2….on my list for sure.

+ jorge15931 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

i’m going to buy it today also :D great game, i got the first one in a PS3 bundle with uncharted 2 and pixel junk shooter and it’s the best mini game I’ve played. But what’s the surprise if we get all the treasures ??

+ Dragun619 on March 1st, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Awesome, enjoyed the first and I’ll probably enjoy the second one. Thanks Q-games for the awesomeness of the PixelJunk series. Any update on PixelJunk Lifelike? Maybe at GDC?

+ kassatsu on March 1st, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Dylan is not lying. Make sure to collect all the gems, the unlock really is something to behold.

+ Fudwumper on March 1st, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Is it true that even if you bought a game as a PS+ member and got a discount, and you end up deciding not to keep the PS+ membership. That you will NOT be able to play that game?? I know I read somewhere that if you get a PS+ FREE game and don’t pay your fee that you can’t play it anymore. Just wondered if it was for anything you purchased (even at discount). If so, I would rather just pay full price for a game, then to be stuck in a membership fee.

+ Ndavid007 on March 1st, 2011 at 10:31 am said:

Thank you Sony for bringing this sequel out as soon as possible, first one was amazing, keep up the good work!

+ BigWoopMagazine on March 1st, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

@Kassatsu – Indeed it is worth finding all those gems! Hit me up if you still want to duke it out online.

@Q-games – Loving it, can’t wait to see what’s next!

@Fudwumper – If you paid for a game on sale through PS+ it is yours to keep forever. If you got the game for free, it is yours as long as the subscription is active (even if you deactivate, and then reactivate). So basically, if you paid money for it, it’s yours.

+ Akimitsu782 on March 1st, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Amazon has it on their PSN page listed for $9.99 (though it’s not available to download), so that would appear to be the price!

+ OldKai on March 1st, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

IGN Review says $9.99, think that’s more then enough confirmation.

+ reson8er on March 1st, 2011 at 11:35 am said:

I look forward to playing this, loved the first game.

+ Fudwumper on March 1st, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

@ BigWoopMagazine. Thanks for answering my question.

+ BlackWitchery666 on March 1st, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Nice, I’ll download tonight..

+ theXsilentXchild on March 1st, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

Maybe the old one will be onsale

+ wocyob on March 1st, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

i will pick this up… ahh update the store now please :P

+ JesseHaysFL on March 1st, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

SOLD.

+ jmanxp on March 1st, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

sweet i got a psn card just for this, go Qgames

+ duke301 on March 1st, 2011 at 1:32 pm said:

I’ll be buying this just as soon as I notice the update. I was lucky to get the first one for $1.95 on eBay, but I have no problems with paying full price here. Can’t Wait!

+ CRuSHeR2k on March 1st, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

Yeah, been waiting for what seems like an eternity for this game.
Hurray up and update the darn store wontcha!!!!!

+ NorthernLitez on March 1st, 2011 at 2:03 pm said:

Darn, I hate spending money…but this is worth every penny.

PAGE 1 2