GTAV PS4

PixelJunk Shooter 2 Hits PSN Today With New Online Battle Mode

Dylan Cuthbert's Avatar + Posted by Dylan Cuthbert on Mar 01, 2011 // President and Executive Producer, Q-Games Ltd.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

So, the wait is over. The sequel to the technically and critically acclaimed PixelJunk Shooter will be with us later today! It continues where the original left off, leaving you trapped in the deep dark bowels of an enormous alien entity. Fight through the backwash and encounter the weird and terrible monsters that are living in the alien’s gut, force your way through putrid stomach acid and strange slippery bubbly stuff, and be totally grossed out by thousands of iddy-biddy insects that come pouring out of strange pulsating larvae when you mix water with it.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screensPixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

Yes, this is a game you probably want to avoid playing immediately after eating, and you might feel a little queasy the next time you are staring down Sparrow-on-a-stick (a Kyoto traditional cruisine).

But wait… PixelJunk Shooter 2 isn’t all about dieting and worm control! It has vast new worlds to explore that aren’t part of an organism’s digestive track, and new technologies too, such as the Hungry Suit and the Light Suit and a whole load more. Use the new R3 spin-attack to wipe out chains of enemies at a time and revel in the destructive mayhem you can dish out with the upgraded charged missile! But all this wanton damage is in a good cause as those survivors still need rescuing and only YOU can save them!

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

On top of all this fun, we have added a completely new online versus mode which I have gone over in a previous post, but let me tell you, it’s just oozing with “addictability”, with twenty unique wonderful weapons to earn and use in the battles I really hope everyone gives it a go. It’s not overly aggressive and is a bit of cute cat-and-mouse fun, so even those PixelJunk fans out there who have never played online before, I urge you to give it a few tries (besides, one of the trophies requires you to go up at least one league in the online mode so that should be a good enough lure).

Anyway, I shouldn’t keep you too long, you’ve got PSN wallets to fill and Shooter 2s to download! See you online! (my ID’s PixelMeister so if you encounter me in your league battling, be kind and let me destroy you!)

P.S. There is something extra special for those of you who collect all the treasures… I shan’t spoil it though, last one there’s a ninny!

Over and out! …now where did I place that damn magma ball blaster…

58 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Kirkpad on March 1st, 2011 at 2:37 pm said:

I wonder what their next game is going to be. I really hope it is something new and not a sequel/addon. Then again I guess Pixeljunk… Lifelike (?) is still on the way.

+ Permafry_42 on March 1st, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

what about the reward you’ve previously mentioned for people who buy both shooter 1 & shooter 2?

+ DominikKolendo on March 1st, 2011 at 8:49 pm said:

i rememebr tehy said tehre is a special bonus for owners of pjs1… whatever came of that?

+ PS-Level on March 1st, 2011 at 8:51 pm said:

For everyone buying PixelJunk Shooter 2, I’m starting a score chase contest.

To join you just need a slot free on your friends list to add my account. Sent a friend request to PS-Level to participate.

First 100 requests will join the contest.

After that just play the game, and the highest score on the 1P Play Global Ranking leader board will win a $20 PSN Card.

I’ve started a thread on the forum for any thoughts/questions.

+ JohnCritton on March 2nd, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

Where is the 2-Player Co-Op mode that defined the original. How can such a important feature be left out on the sequel?

The next time please inform us forehand that the sequel will be missing essential features of the original.

Not only that I wasted my bucks on the purchase, but I also waste my time waiting for the sequel to one of the best Co-Op 2-Player games.

-John

+ PS-Level on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

For everyone buying PixelJunk Shooter 2, I’m starting a score chase contest.

To join you just need a slot free on your friends list to add my account. Send a friend request to PS-Level to participate.

First 100 requests will join the contest.

I’m wanting to give contests like this once a month. Let me know what you all think or if you have any questions.

Thanks!!

+ JohnCritton on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:41 pm said:

Sorry. I was wrong. The Co-Op mode is implemented. It’s just not so obvious to find it. The 2nd player can only join in the Level select screen. Not before and not after that.

-John

+ musicman1234 on March 6th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

Where this item we were supposed to get if we have both games like you said in the interview?..Home reward is extremly dissapointing also..Games not gonna sell like the first one…You DO know this right Dylan?

PAGE 1 2