Driveclub

Home Mansion Expands, New PixelJunk Content Arrives + Weekly Update

GlassWalls's Avatar + Posted by GlassWalls on Mar 02, 2011 // PlayStation Home Community Specialist

This Thursday, March 3rd, PlayStation Home welcomes the second expansion to the Home Mansion. This week, everyone will be able to get their hands on the Second Floor with Game Room. Like the previous parts of the Mansion, it comes complete with its own gift machine, ready to hook up your friends with a handful of glittering gold items. Unique to this floor, it comes with its own pool table and dart game.

PlayStation Home: Poster monsters

PlayStation Home: Poster racers PlayStation Home: Poster racers

Landing the same week as PixelJunk Shooters 2 on PSN, PixelJunk is bringing new content to Home related to sister titles, PixelJunk Monsters and PixelJunk Racers. Included are a variety of fun racecar suits for men and trackside attire for the ladies, and to decorate your pad Monster-style, there are more than twenty furniture items, including cute miniature trees and various miniature characters from the game. Head to the PixelJunk Home space tomorrow to check it all out.

From our own collections, this week we bring several wild outfits. Whether you’re into Mech, Battlesuits, or Desert-style camo, you’re bound to want these.

PlayStation Home: Lockwood Formal

PlayStation Home: Lockwood Formal Acsessory

Lockwood is introducing a new brand line. Figment is about being able to stride confidently into any party, room or restaurant knowing you look great. But most of all, Figment is about imagination and the ability to combine separates in ways you hadn’t considered before to produce even more incredible looks and outfits. You may find Figment in the Mall, starting tomorrow.

PlayStation Home: female jersey PlayStation Home: jersey

And last but not least, the Home Community Theater is being updated this Thursday with a couple new videos. First up is HipHopGamer’s newest video, where he enthusiastically reviews Killzone 3. If you stick around for the whole episode, you’ll be granted some blinged-out swag that represent the way only HipHopGamer could before. Next up, Gamer Indepth’s own Doc brings his latest episode where he and Sami interview Luge on her experiences at the record breaking LittleBigPlanet Guinness Book of World Records event in New York City.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ AcidRockStar on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

I’ve recently found out that there are people on PlayStation Home who are “freeze glitching” when you do it, it freezes everyone around you. One of the steps includes doing the “coin toss command”. I was at playground in a full server and almost everyone got booted, it also causes a lot of lag. This needs to be fixed or patched and the “coin toss command” should be removed, it’s useless anyway. The “freeze glitch” is ruining PlayStation Home and it’s messing up my PS3!!! D:<

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

This is news to me. If it’s true, I’ll gladly see that the devs hear about it. Thanks!

+ AcidRockStar on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

+ footballrule on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

Mansion Second Floor looks great. Built in Pool and Darts tables! Looking forward to Home tomorrow! :D

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

I fully expect to see a lot LESS of you in Home tomorrow, because I know you’ll be spending a lot of time in your private Mansions than in the public spaces of Home. Enjoy!

+ JKar275 on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

After Home verson 1.5 releases, I’d like to see a multiplayer sci-fi/futuristic underwater shooter with great graphics and realistic water physics.

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

That is a really fun idea. The new developer tools will really allow some of our most talented partners to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible, and raise the bar higher and higher.

+ B-Real206 on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Hahaha The belt! That’s awesome! Congrats to the HipHopGamer.

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

WOOT!

+ WheelchairMan1 on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Cool Stuff Home Team. Good Job Keep It Coming

+ footballrule on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Community Theater will be receiving a visit from me. :p

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

Host your own watching party, and bring friends! You might catch HipHopGamer himself as well as Austin and Daniel from LittleBigPodcast, and the boys from Urgent Fury, not to mention all the crew from Gamer Indepth. They all are known to hang out in the Community Theater from time to time. If you bump into any of them, be sure to say, “Hello!”

+ AcidRockStar on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

As the Home Community Specialist and Manger GlassWalls and Locust_Star need to stop “freeze glitching” do your job and remove the “coin toss command” and patch the “freeze glitch”!!! D:<

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:33 pm said:

See reply to comment #1.

+ Alkazaar777 on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

Hey Locust, Cool Update! I was wondering if the Playstation Home was planning anything special for the launch of Infamous 2 or Portal 2? (Like say transforming the Home Plaza into New Marais)

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

That’s also a really fun idea, but at this time, we have no comment. ;-)

+ AcidRockStar on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

I will keep posting my message till it gets a response!!! D:<

+ MISSMORPHINEx on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

hey GW the armors are like full outfits or u can match em with other clothes?

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Anime Battle Suits 1 and 2, Desert Marauder and Smoke Jumper Bundles are sets of individual pieces. The Mech Suit Outfit is a full outfit of locked together parts. Basically, the “Bundles” = sets of individual pieces, and “Outfit” = a single body suit that is locked together.

+ AcidRockStar on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

I’ve recently found out that there are people on PlayStation Home who are “freeze glitching” when you do it, it freezes everyone around you. One of the steps includes doing the “coin toss command”. I was at playground in a full server and almost everyone got booted, it also causes a lot of lag. This needs to be fixed or patched and the “coin toss command” should be removed, it’s useless anyway. The “freeze glitch” is ruining PlayStation Home and it’s messing up my PS3!!! There is no use for PlayStation Home updates if there are users who are going around “freeze glitching” everyone. It’s ruining PlayStation Home. I demand the “freeze glitch” gets looked into!!! D:<

+ al2009man on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:25 pm said:

@9
I wanted to!
_______________________________________
It look like a funny Update! (with a PixelJunk content)
Anyway. this the HipHopGamer Reward. is that a real reward?

+ al2009man on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

@12
You may be spaming.
but wait till Glass said.

+ boobinz on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

WOOOT…cant wait…lmao

+ AcidRockStar on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Anyone experiencing their PS3s freezing while on PlayStation Home it is caused by the “freeze glitch” beware of freeze glitchers!!!

+ EFC-L-U-K-E on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

Noticed a mistake in the blog post “This Thursday, March 3rd, PlayStation Home welcomes the second expansion to the Home Mansion” Its actually the third expansion

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

Actually it’s the second, since the first part released is not an expansion. The First Floor is not an expansion, since it was the first. Think of it like you’re counting, starting from zero. Make sense?

+ EFC-L-U-K-E on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Also @Glass i sent you a pm on the forum with information about the freeze glitch including how its done.

+ Enigmatech on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

At least one new clubhouse… PLEASE!!!

+ hyperkane on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

Luke. I think the 1st “expansion” was considered the pool. I thought the same at first glance. But the second floor would be the 3rd expansion. I think. :p

+ hyperkane on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

I mean second. :D

+ LUGIEZ on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Nice update, can’t wait to check them out eventually! And I can’t wait to see what hip hop gamer brings this week, haha, enthusiastic is a good word for it, he brings the goods for sure though, touches on those important points somehow.

+ XxadrammelechXx on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:48 pm said:

sweet update guys kudos.umm about the frreeze glitch ummm i dont really wanna come on home and die but ill try hehe *sigh* but yeah cant wait 2 buy my figment line :) anyother hidden goodies you may have for buzzer? ty
~Buzz

+ EFC-L-U-K-E on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Oh my, yes your right xD so there is no error it was just me :P

Just like to say as well the update looks great and so far i have the first floor mansion and the pool and will be picking this up tomorrow too

+ Aiken_Drum on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

Says GlassWalls:
> Whether you’re into Mech, Battlesuits, or
> Desert-style camo, you’re bound to want these.

Unless you have a female avatar, in which case you’re bound to be disappointed. Only one of the four bundles is available for females. Weak.

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

Actually, the Mech Suit Outfit, and the Anime Battle Suit Bundle 1 is available for both.

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

Wait

Seriously?

Trackside suits for the ladies.

So their are no racesuits for females? Really?

Last time I checked it wasn’t then 1920s anymore.

+ megamixer on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

“or restaurant knowing you look great.”

Poppycock! There is no restaurant space in Home! Or… are you perhaps hinting one may well be on its way?

+ vcotson on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

What happen to the Ford building GW?

+ lanis01 on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

Anime suits….does anyone working on Home even know what anime is?

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Actually, “anime” is such a broad term, it does apply to these outfits. If you look WAY back into anime comic history, you might find similar styles shown here. The same applies to the Anime Style personal space already available in Home—it’s stylized to look like it came right off the pages of comic book or graphic novel.

+ TheHakku on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

Those carpenters are hard at work on my game room! I can’t wait to see it completed tomorrow!

+ fuzzyclutter on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

Not a single time has my ps3 frozen while in home , even after somebody did a coin toss …. not a single time . somebodies trying to entertain themselves with cause and effect .

+ bonemandust on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

the shirt with the belt is……
AWESOME * I CAME TO PLAY

+ mrjinglejangles on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

Since hiphopgamer has the WWE title in that home pic could we b seeing more WWE things come into Home in the future ??????????????????

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:56 pm said:

Nope, the WWE is on his actual belt, but we personalized it for him with his own HHG cube logo on the belt.

+ Feral_Dragon on March 2nd, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

Why is the Konami dress changed? I bought it cos it looked so fancy and luxious, a beautiful bergundy and rich brown with lots of detail. When I put it on the other day I saw it`s now a plain, drab brown with no details whatsoever, and the feet have turned silver and really weird, it used to be black shoes under there. Please fix it back,it`s poor service to sell your customers something then change the way it looks after they`ve bought it. Fix it and the girls mummy costume from Codeglue, or give me my money back. I`m serious, you sold me broken stuff >:(

And the people that are freeze glitching Home should be given a life ban, I kept getting hit by those lag bombs and as a result both Home and my HDD got corrupted. I could`ve lost my sytem, so this shouldn`t be treated lightly! Home Team you could lose ALL of your customers cos these idiots are breaking all our systems!

+ lyness_21 on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:07 pm said:

To begin with, arrogance aside…ok update guys, moving on, the suits look astonishing, I am a female n I’m considering buying the male suit from Lockwood n the other anime ones.
Dear Glassy Glass,
“Basically, the “Bundles” = sets of individual pieces, and “Outfit” = a single body suit that is locked together”.
correct me if I am mistaken, but nuh uh to ma knowlesge ive always called outfits sets that are composed of different pieces n as was arranged can also be separated n matched with other clothes.
N e ways Glassy I was wondering if when I buys the mansion’s floors n infinity pool..will it amount to the same total disregarding the order i bought ‘em in?
TY <3, ur bff Lyn :) xoxo

+ GlassWalls on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

I just outlined what to expect in Home, particularly for the sets of looks shown in today’s video. It’s all nomenclature, but in Home-speak, an “outfit” specifically refers to more than one virtual clothing item that is locked to another in the Wardrobe, rather than be an individual part. It’s often three to five parts, but can occasionally be just two. Whenever it’s less than five, it can still be mixed and matched with the remaining available body parts.

As for purchasing the Mansion in a different order than they were released, if you buy all 4 parts (First Floor, Infinity Pool, Second Floor with Game Room, and the Garage), it will be the same total price in the end. Down the road, the pricing structure may change, for as for now that is the situation.

+ Inofensivo on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Glass, excelent Home, i wast a fan until days ago, but if you want to everybogy go to home, you should make like a part of Games which includes Home to get things for you games, this will make everyone shall enter home frequently

Sorry for my english i am a Latin American xD

+ TJF588 on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Here’s hoping PSH 1.5 (or later) brings a bit of gender equality: I want fun racecar suits for women and trackside attire for the guys (yes, massive midriff and all).

+ erickafollie on March 2nd, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

Hello Glasswalls, is Ericka and its true, i have been getting FROZEN, more than 6 times in 1 hour and it hasnt stop,im loving the new female items but again, Lockwood or whoever company is making FEMALE HATS, should stop making it with short hair, i dont want to look BUTCH while i wear a hat, just because they dont make hats with long hair, either you look BUTCH or with a HUGE FOREHEAD and its annoying.

+ DNAgent on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:05 pm said:

With hiphopgamer in Home, it looks like the theater part of Home is turning into nothing but garbage. There should be an option to completely remove it as it feels like it has been infected with a virus (and in a way, it has).

+ zombie9 on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

I shall now delet home. you guy don’t listen to the comunity when it come to updates. and HHG suporting Playstion. Just what I wanted LOL:)

+ lilmisskiller1 on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

I agree about the freeze glitching I was at seaside and there were people doing it I think not only should it be fixed but these people should be banned and it does use the coin toss Im trying to remember her name i think my friend knows everyone on the beach was booted over and over having to manually shut down systems.With that I think this update looks great some cute clothes for the ladies that like to dress like ladies.Also I wish people would stop complaining so much they are giving us better and better updates and clothes and spaces and yet you all still nag whine and complain give them a break dang.Thanks

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

@zombie9

Yep haven’t stepped into home since that misogynist hhg was given space in the theatre. Give your heads a shake Sony.

+ Xenosuke808 on March 2nd, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

Hey GlassWalls

I hear you guys really want the old Home users to give home another chance?

how about this allow users to use the Home avatars as PSN avatars.
for example Home users could use a “photobooth” to either take full body pic or zoomed in head shot which will then become the users PSN avatar.

With this new PSN avatar friends that are non Home users will become curious as to where this user got this new avatar knowing that the PSN store does not have it for sale.

Resulting in a couple message exchanges
in the end this non Home user will most likely try out this “avatar Photobooth”

free publicity is good publicity?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

OK HOME JUST KEEP DISAPPOINTING ME MORE AND MORE.THIS MANSION THING..ALL YOU CAN DO IS PLAY DARTS AND POOL…DARTS POOL REALLY..NO HDD TV..OR HDD RADIO? THIS “MANSION” IS NOTHING BUT A HYPED UP MONEY SUCKING APT..EVEN THE WAY ITS BEING ADVERTISED SOUNDS LIKE A GIMICK.SMH..YOU HOME DEVS SOUND SO DESPERATE SELLING THE NEW PERSONAL SPACES..ITS SAD. WHAT THE HELL CAN YOU DO WITH A BOOKSHELF OR A TOILET OR “LOOK AT THE VIEW OUT THE WINDOW”..UNTIL I CAN WATCH MOVIES OR PLAY MUSIC FROM MY HARD DRIVE..IM NOT BUYING ANY MORE APTS…I ALREADY OWN THE HOLLYWOOD SPACE AND I HAVE A THEATER FOR LAME TRAILERS..NOT COOL HOME DEVS..NOT COOL! >:/ VIDEO AND RADIO HDD ACCESS IS WHAT WE REALLY WANT AND NEED..ASAP! I DONT EVEN WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE TROPHY SPACE OR XMB INTEGRATIONS >:/

+ fuzzyclutter on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:35 pm said:

your never gong to get the ability to show unauthorized copy protected matierial from your HDD to play in home . what made you think you ever would ??? do you think SCEA went into business to get sued for your sake ? deal with it or don’t use home . stop pretending your forced to use it .

+ Conrad_Max on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

To 42 nYcFrEeWiLL82,

We are able to add two more active items to each section of the Mansion, including the Second Floor. Thus, we can add two active item games. Additionally, there are some games that are not active items. And, if we have the arcade cabinets from the Namco Museum (or any other arcade cabinet) that increases the games that we are able to have on the Second Floor.

Please take into account that since each section is fully furnished, we can add 50 items, plus two active items, to fill up each space. We also get five gifts for ourselves per section. This means that for the whole Mansion, fully furnished, we can add 200 items plus 8 active items. We get 20 gifts (actually 22) and the ability to give them to millions of people. If these items weren’t available in the Mansion, they would sell in the Mall for even more money.

We basically have a great deal going here. But of course, it’s just a matter of perspective and opinion.

As for our own videos and music, I believe we will get them eventually. It’s all a matter of patience, understanding the issues and allowing Home to continue growing. They will come. Hopefully you will be here to enjoy it with us.

+ Almahere on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

Thanks for the update, but I ask the third week in comments – please repair Lockwood – head – hats – Tiara Sunless Kingdom Hair. when trying to buy I see error

+ kissmedeadly17 on March 2nd, 2011 at 8:00 pm said:

GlassWalls, I also froze multiple times in a matter of minutes :3 I noticed ppl tossing coins and entering their wardrobes before I froze but I didn’t think anything at the time. If there really is a freeze glitch it should be patched as soon as possible :0 I’ve had to manually restart my system over like 6 times last night after getting frozen on Home, it is outrageous and should be looked at immediately! PUT AN END TO THE FREEZE GLITCH >_<

+ Hypnotic_Inertia on March 2nd, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

Can you ask the Namco Bandai or D3 Publishers and home developers to bring over Dream Club and Macross: Frontier avatar costumes?

I was wondering if you could bring over the cute Japanese girls Home hairstyles over to the NA Home, like you did with the Music Club’s side ponytail?

+ Conrad_Max on March 2nd, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

It is highly recommended, and encouraged, to use the report option that we have in Home when experiencing disruptions. Press the SELECT button and then scroll to the report option. Follow the instructions.

If reporting from Home is not an option, due to freezing or being kicked, you can send a report to the Home Moderators by going to http://community.us.playstation.com/people/HomeForumMods, or typing in HomeForumMods when sending a PM. Send them the details and any other information needed to take care of the problem.

PAGE 1 2