PS4-Watch_Dogs

Spring Fever Heats Up With PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Award Winners

Ro Hernandez's Avatar + Posted by Ro Hernandez on Mar 02, 2011 // Digital Distribution Manager, Sony Network Entertainment

PlayStation Network is feeling the fever…Spring Fever! That’s right, just like in past years, PlayStation Network will celebrate exceptional games during Spring Fever — one of our biggest annual events. Starting next Tuesday, March 8, you’ll be able to find hot PS3 and PSP games at deep discounts and new featured PS3 releases, all downloadable on the PlayStation Store.

Spring Fever 2011

This year, however, we’ve added a new twist. As you know, we just concluded voting for our first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards, which gave you the chance to vote for your favorite game in four different categories. We’re still in the midst of tallying the final scores, but we’ll be back here on March 7 to announce the winners and kick-off the first week of Spring Fever featuring the winning games on sale at a 30% discount in the PlayStation Store and available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

And remember, it doesn’t stop there. Following the one-week sale of our Gamers’ Choice Award winners, we will bring you one new major PS3 release along with a pair of great discounted games each week. Come back here next week to get the full run-down of Spring Fever and find out which games in each category were crowned PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Award winners.

PAGE 1 2

+ hush404 on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

Tight and chicken might.

+ Hooligantuan on March 2nd, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

Last year they had PS Home incentives for Spring Fever purchases, but they couldn’t send them out in time to keep them straight.

I’d buy something one week, they’d process it the next week, and give me the code for the next week’s item, not the code for the week I made a purchase. So I never completed the silly bee outfit.

I mean, silly bee outfit, ya know? I’m not too upset – it was the game I was buying, after all – but it was amazing that there were so many mix-ups over some silly codes for a silly PS Home outfit.

+ LoveCars69 on March 2nd, 2011 at 8:52 pm said:

Can’t wait to see whats coming next

+ theXsilentXchild on March 2nd, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

@Johnathan_val hard cops upraising sounds like an adult movie.

+ Roxas27 on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:18 am said:

If only I could save the discount for when Journey comes out.

Let’s see, what awesome PSN games do I not already have that could be on the discount list?

+ jonathan_val on March 3rd, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

@theXsilentXchild HAHAHAHAA, YES…

+ BIG_RIG_2010 on March 4th, 2011 at 5:49 am said:

First i would like to say that i don’t normal write comments. Don’t feel like the head people really listen so don’t see the point. But this one is really sad a 30% discount on a game that is 14.99 is about 4.50 which makes it 10.49. But when you do a price drop from 14.99 you drop it to 9.99. So what is the point of calling this a sale. Really i was hope see a 50% sale for psn and like 70% psn plus! For a game of the year that would be more like a sale.

@10 (CaptainDarin79) Those people that you call cheap are really just normal players. Hey not everyone can live off of their mommy and daddy’s money!! When you get a real job and have to pay real bills with your own money!!! You might watch how you spend it little guy.

+ Autoxfool on March 4th, 2011 at 11:24 pm said:

@36. I just got Flower last night and let me say, as a typical hardcore gamer, I’m really enjoying playing it. It’s nice actually to have a game where you can go to and just play around….no one trying to kill you, no time limit…just relaxing game play.

Of course, since I got it last night and very likely to become a Plus member with the extra 3 month deal they have going, it will either be discounted or free. So you may luck out yet. :) I just hope they keep offering free full ps3 games. :)

PAGE 1 2