LittleBigPlanet 3

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Exclusive Mortal Kombat Demo, PSN Gamers’ Choice Award Winners, and Prince of Persia Full Game Trial

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 03, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone,

March is chock-full of exclusives for PlayStation Plus subscribers. We’re excited to share that over the next two weeks, our subscribers will be receiving two full game trials, an exclusive demo for Mortal Kombat, and discounts on the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards winners. So let’s get to the meat of this thing and jump straight into our two upcoming PlayStation Plus publishes.

That’s one week before it’s available to everyone via PlayStation Store.

Mortal Kombat

Battle your way through this fighting adventure and experience the joy of the once-controversial, uber-gorey fatalities. The Mortal Kombat demo will also be offered as an Auto Download, so PlayStation Plus subscribers should have their automatic download feature turned on.

The demo includes four playable characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena, along with their Fatalities and X-Ray Attacks; two environments: The Pit and The Living Forest; single player and one-on-one versus modes; and stereoscopic 3D support.

Tell us: which Kombatant will you be fighting as first?

In addition to Mortal Kombat, we are offering a 50% discount on the PSone import Mega Man 3, and 50% discounts on the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards winners. You voted, and we’re happy to be offering exclusive access and a 50% discount on the Best PSP Game, Best PSN Exclusive Game and Best mini. We’re also offering the Qore March Single Episode to all PlayStation Plus subscribers for free!

On March 15 in our regular publish we will be offering two full game trials: Prince of Persia (Ubisoft) and MAG (SCEA). In Prince of Persia you’ll combat various enemies as they attempt to take over and cleanse ancient Persia of corruption. In MAG (Massive Action Game) you’ll travel to the year 2025 and put your weapons to full use as you lead a private military company through “The Shadow War.”

As always be sure to check the full list of new items as well as items that are being taken down from the PlayStation Plus storefronts below:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 3/8:

Featured Games

• Mortal Kombat Demo (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PS3 Game (TBD) (50% discount)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PSN Exclusive Game (TBD) (50% discount)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PSP Game (TBD) (50% discount)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best Mini (TBD) (50% discount)

Featured Qore Episode

• Qore March Episode 34 – Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)

Discounted Games & DLC

• Mega Man 3 (PSOne) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 3/15:

Full Game Trial

• Prince of Persia
  • MAG

Discounted Games & DLC

• Boom Beats PlayStation minis (PlayStation Plus price $1.50, regular price $2.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Okami Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $0.49)
  • Pocket Fighter – Sprite Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
  • Street Fighter Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
  • Dragon Girl Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • Virtual Fireplace (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on March 8:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• PlayStation Move Heroes Demo

Discounted Games/DLC

• Sky Fighter (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $4.99)
  • Stacking (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $14.99)
  • Qore February Episode 33 – Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – FELICIA AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – KEN’S THUMBS-DOWN AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – MORRIGAN AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – RYU AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – SAKURA AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER SPRITE – AKUMA AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on March 15:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• Mortal Kombat Demo
  • Femme Abstraction Theme
  • Snowman Dynamic Theme
  • Chinese New Year of the Rabbit Dynamic Theme
  • MAG Demo

Discounted Games/DLC

• Let’s Golf PlayStation minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.99)
  • R.U.S.E – Pack of the Sun (PlayStation Plus price $7.49, regular price $9.99)
  • Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
  • Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
  • MAG Starter Kit (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)

Update: the MAG full game trial has been moved from 3/15 to 3/29, and the MAG demo will remain up until 3/29.

+ PunchoThaBoss on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

Im really impressed with PS plus with all the free content.Also like what i see with you guys being aggressive and getting Mortal Kombat demo exclusive.Great job !

+ KazeEternal on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

You have to appreciate the irony of the fact that we’re getting an Okami Avatar bundle, a game released for PS2 which has been ported to the wii for it’s unique controls; yet we have yet to hear an announcement for a port of the Wii version in HD for the Move to be purchased as a download as a classic…..

How does this happen lol.

+ rasengan360 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

ok, which prince of persia, the rebooted one or a sands of time trilogy game

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

very very tempting!…lol i see a 3 months subscription lookin really good right now :p

+ ViolentPhlegm on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

I’m pretty sure (but not certain) that the Sega Genesis games are meant to be an extra bonus in addition to the regular free games.

Keep in mind that March has 3 “full” update weeks: March 1, 15 and 29.

+ omega_alpha-619 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

To all the whiny babies complaining that PS+ members get MK demo… It will be available to all 1 week after plus members get it… so stop your crying. And FYI PS+ members arent rich, theres this thing called a JOB maybe you should check into it and stop living off of your mommy! LOL XD ^_^

+ Tank_Baked on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

I highly doubt they are meant as a bonus .Though I’d love to believe that .

I wish Grace or Ro would just answer us. Why is it so hard for you guys to respond. Stop being so lazy and do your job .

+ nin513 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

OMG thank you so much for the Mortal Kombat demo!!! THANKS!!!

+ Brameriz on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Can’t wait #TeamBON

+ kb4983 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Scorpion all the way baby!

+ Badmamajamma on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Also, no one paid attention again the discount will be 50% for PS+ 20% for non PS+, That’s still better than full price.

+ MadmanV10 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Grace, be specific, and do your job correctly. This is the third week in a row you’ve had to be corrected.

The game you’re showing is Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands, NOT Prince of Persia, which came out in 2008 as a cel-shaded adventure platformer with a new (non-Dastan) prince.

Get your facts straight.

+ PhadedWun on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

Getting the demo a week early over others is pretty good.

However, I have to echo the same concerns as everyone else with it seeming like the Sega games are going to be our free games.

+ TheUndertaker85 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

Grace, maybe you can answer this. Will we be seeing Killzone 3 avatars becoming available over PSN or for PS+ members? I’ve seen the original Killzone avatars that are available, but something bigger and better for Killzone 3 would be a nice touch to Killzone fans and owners.

Maybe even some LBP2 avatars? I know there was the ones for the Collector’s Edition but don’t expect to see those becoming available to non-CE owners.

+ SkyNet003 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Well, if I cannot try MK before it gets released, I’ll just not buy the friggin game. Simple as that.

See what you guys get with your exclusive demos for Plus members?

Developers will thank you, Sony :/

+ SkyNet003 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

@57

As far as I know, Dastan is just the name for the movie Prince. The Prince in the SoT trilogy is still unnamed.

Unless, of course, I am missing something :(

+ JKar275 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

I’m glad to see the early Mortal Kombat demo for PS Plus subscribers.

PS Plus really needs to offer subscription discounts for both the current PS3 MMO game (DCUO) as well as the upcoming ones such as The Agency & Final Fantasy XIV.

+ jvasq on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

aw hell yea that is so freaking awesome. love plus more and more every month.

+ BlackIceJoe on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

I am not sure if you can answer this or not but I just bought PlayStation Plus & I plan on buying a new PS3 some time around April or May. So what I was wondering with me buying a slim soon will it be a problem for me to bring up my account with PS+ on my new PS3.

Also I plan on giving my brother my old 60 gig. Will it be a problem if he uses it to buy games off of. Like if he uses my account on PSN. I know he would have to respect the PSN account name too. But I want to know if there is two of the same accounts on different PS3’s can you get banned. Because I would hate to get banned because some one thought the other one was stolen.

+ Maluraq on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

@b00kthree I don’t remember the last demo that lasted me a full hour. While an hour seems short, for the average shooter that lasts 6-10 hours, its a hefty percentage of gameplay.

My complaint is that the timer begins when you load the game, not when you start your playtime. I can understand why, but padding it a bit to compensate would be nice. Just imagine a 1 hour full game demo of MGS4. You’d only get to watch the intro video ;-).

+ mastorofpuppetz on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

Not renewing, plus is a joke.

+ MEUS_6 on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:58 am said:

What is going on with the socom 4 beta I purchased helghast edition KZ3 and I have heard no mention of when I will be able to use my code

+ MEUS_6 on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

Well there was a mention last week that said zipper would be announcing something this week but it’s already Thursday and still nothing please help

+ PhadedWun on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

@65..

Regular members still get a Mortal Kombat demo. PS+ users just get in a week earlier.

+ PhadedWun on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

Hell. People should even learn to read as it says it right at the top of the demo:

“Brush up on your “finishing moves” because on Tuesday, March 8, PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download the Mortal Kombat demo.

That’s one week before it’s available to everyone via PlayStation Store.”

Read the second line before you idiots constantly complain about not getting the demo at all.

+ wildpens87 on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:14 am said:

MK DEMO SWEET

+ Trixzter7 on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Yes, Mortal Kombat my number 1 wanted game!
Thanks Sony!

+ shyguyNC on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

@69 – you should be fine. you get 5 activations, meaning you can activate 5 playstations as far as being allowed to play any games you download. I trade mine out with 4 friends and we team up on buying games – heck, I’m the only one on plus, and all my friends can download and use free plus games just fine as well. (Lesson: find 4 friends, cross-activate each other, and split the 50/yr 4 ways, lol). Anyway, leave your old one activated and give it to your bro – then he can download anything you buy, and also have his own account to buy his own stuff on (you should have him activate your new ps3 with this so that you’ll be able to download all the stuff HE buys). And of course, activate your new ps3 under YOUR account, that way you can re-download all the games you bought on your old one.

The only thing I really wish is that I could remotely de-activate any ps3 consoles I have previously activated.

+ The_Grey__Warden on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

PlayStation Plus is getting annoying. this demo better be made for normal psn accounts the week after it comes out on plus. PSN is starting to become a little to much like XBL for my tastes.

+ KwietStorm on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:39 am said:

Can we get PSone classics Die Hard Trilogy, MDK, Soul Blade, Return Fire, and Tenchu.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

dragon girl, virtual fireplace, dynamic? (I suppose not..). I want a new dynamic theme, I’m using star-wars dynamic theme since it’s really nice and it was free (PS-Plus), but after a while you need another one. Why not something like an Heavy Rain or Little Big Planet dynamic theme free for ps plus users?

Thanks for the Mortal Kombat Demo, I’ll play that a lot, you can be sure. ^_^

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:10 pm said:

Hi Senjutsu-Dav- Yes, the fireplace theme is dynamic. Thanks for the comment.

+ omega_alpha-619 on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

@shyguyNC Gamesharing is what your doing and this is a Violation of Sony’s “Terms of Service” contract you have agreed to. Its pretty dumb posting this on Sony’s blog how your violating their contract. Enjoy getting you and your friends PS3’s banned from the PSN! lmao

+ BlaxLotusStyle on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

I think I may have one game that i didnt already have from Plus. I REALLY hope Playstation take a page from Microsoft to be able to demo all PSN games. Only then will I think about resigning back up for PSN Plus

+ Calent on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

To all the people who are reacting negatively to PS Plus, I say this:
Have you noticed that playing online has become better since PS Plus has come out? That is because the money from the people who are buying into the program is being used to make the entire network better. This is how Microsoft uses the money from XBL. Because of this, PS is able to give some incentive to the people who are supporting them and the entire network for everyone.

To all the people who are complaining about the offers and/or the downloadable content PS Plus subscribers receive:
Sony could be like Microsoft and not give their paying customers anything. You really can’t argue with free stuff. Be happy for what you are given. If you don’t like it, then don’t subscribe.

+ OldKai on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

So when we asked if the SEGA Genesis games were the free game of the month and you never answered the question, you actually did answer the question – and the answer is YES. Yes, they are.

I should be able to take advantage of at least one 50% discount, and I will buy Mega Man 3, with it finally coming out. And of course, I will download the Mortal Kombat demo.

+ Kchow23 on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

Awesome, MK demo… kinda disappointing that Kratos isn’t there

+ shyguyNC on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

@82
not too worried. how on earth would they prove that i’m not just downloading them so i can play at those four houses? cause that’s TOTALLY what I’m doing lol. I mean, they allow this functionality, what do they expect? Tons of people do this – but I gotcha, keep it hush-hush. I’ll let you know if my post on the PS blog gets me banned.

+ Kandi-Acid on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:33 am said:

The playstation store is down, any word on what is going on?
And when it will be fixed?
Thanks~

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

FINISH HIM!!!!

+ shyguyNC on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

yeah it was sporadic for me when I checked it at lunch. The First Strike pack must be spanning their spawn point, lol.

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

I will be most deff be fighting as KRATOS 1st!!!!

+ omega_alpha-619 on March 3rd, 2011 at 11:48 am said:

Anyhow….. for certain looking forward to MK demo!! GET OVER HERE!!! ~~~~~~~~~>

+ DazeOfWar on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

This is one of the worst months of Plus in my opinion. I so don’t look forward to the next 5 months. The best thing out of this month was Spyro and that’s not even that good. I can’t see the Sega games we are getting for 5 more months counting as my PSN game for the month. So just because they have trophies they are worth it.

If this is the way the rest of my 1yr sub will look I’m am going to be very disappointed. I could care less about early access to demos as I barely ever play them. I’m also not a fan of MK. I’m also getting tired of the crappy customer responses from the blog staff. Get we please get some answers once and a while or maybe some people who can actually do their job.

+ Dessron on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

Okami avatars??? Is it a hint about a new Okami game for PS3??? If it is, I can’t wait for it!

+ Hooligantuan on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

It’s like they don’t even want MAG to succeed, the way they have the trial* locked down with PSN+ membership. That trial needs to be available to EVERYONE.

(* The trial is essentially the MAG demo, with play up to level 8 with unlimited multiplayer access.)

+ JonJonXD on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

So happy that Mega Man 3 finally game :D. Now get 4 over here as well :D

+ Detective-E on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

you can max out the psn games within a year
resubscribe and you get those and more back
its only $50 for 15 months

+ shyguyNC on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

agreed w. 96. 3 bucks a month is not effecting my wallet at all. I must be rich. :P

+ JonJonXD on March 3rd, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

Also, I think people need to stop complaining about Plus lol. I’ve saved over $50 USD from discounts on top of all of the other stuff we get.

It’s like people are expecting it to be like Sega Channel or something where everything is “free” with the subscription.

However, I would be angry if we just got the sega stuff as our “free game” for the next few months, simply because they are FIVE DOLLAR GAMES. I guess they are looking to recoop what they lost for giving us Sam & Max and Stacking. Still though, if you are going to make up for it that way, give us Day One discounts on games to balance out. Just my thoughts and you will push more sales of said new games.

+ iTofuMan on March 3rd, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

i never understood these full game trials you spend more time downloading the game than actually playing it. it would be nice to get maybe a couple hours to play, or maybe 24 hours.

But im just curious about Mortal Kombat. i think the last game i played from that series was 3. plus the Gamers’ Choice Award winners i really hope its for games i dont own.