No Man's Sky

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Exclusive Mortal Kombat Demo, PSN Gamers’ Choice Award Winners, and Prince of Persia Full Game Trial

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 03, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone,

March is chock-full of exclusives for PlayStation Plus subscribers. We’re excited to share that over the next two weeks, our subscribers will be receiving two full game trials, an exclusive demo for Mortal Kombat, and discounts on the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards winners. So let’s get to the meat of this thing and jump straight into our two upcoming PlayStation Plus publishes.

Brush up on your “finishing moves” because on Tuesday, March 8, PlayStation Plus subscribers will be able to download the Mortal Kombat demo.

That’s one week before it’s available to everyone via PlayStation Store.

Mortal Kombat

Battle your way through this fighting adventure and experience the joy of the once-controversial, uber-gorey fatalities. The Mortal Kombat demo will also be offered as an Auto Download, so PlayStation Plus subscribers should have their automatic download feature turned on.

The demo includes four playable characters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Johnny Cage and Mileena, along with their Fatalities and X-Ray Attacks; two environments: The Pit and The Living Forest; single player and one-on-one versus modes; and stereoscopic 3D support.

Tell us: which Kombatant will you be fighting as first?

In addition to Mortal Kombat, we are offering a 50% discount on the PSone import Mega Man 3, and 50% discounts on the PSN Gamers’ Choice Awards winners. You voted, and we’re happy to be offering exclusive access and a 50% discount on the Best PSP Game, Best PSN Exclusive Game and Best mini. We’re also offering the Qore March Single Episode to all PlayStation Plus subscribers for free!

On March 15 in our regular publish we will be offering two full game trials: Prince of Persia (Ubisoft) and MAG (SCEA). In Prince of Persia you’ll combat various enemies as they attempt to take over and cleanse ancient Persia of corruption. In MAG (Massive Action Game) you’ll travel to the year 2025 and put your weapons to full use as you lead a private military company through “The Shadow War.”

As always be sure to check the full list of new items as well as items that are being taken down from the PlayStation Plus storefronts below:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 3/8:

Featured Games

• Mortal Kombat Demo (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PS3 Game (TBD) (50% discount)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PSN Exclusive Game (TBD) (50% discount)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PSP Game (TBD) (50% discount)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best Mini (TBD) (50% discount)

Featured Qore Episode

• Qore March Episode 34 – Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)

Discounted Games & DLC

• Mega Man 3 (PSOne) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 3/15:

Full Game Trial

• Prince of Persia
  • MAG

Discounted Games & DLC

• Boom Beats PlayStation minis (PlayStation Plus price $1.50, regular price $2.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Okami Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $0.49)
  • Pocket Fighter – Sprite Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
  • Street Fighter Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
  • Dragon Girl Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • Virtual Fireplace (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on March 8:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• PlayStation Move Heroes Demo

Discounted Games/DLC

• Sky Fighter (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $4.99)
  • Stacking (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $14.99)
  • Qore February Episode 33 – Single Episode (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – FELICIA AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – KEN’S THUMBS-DOWN AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – MORRIGAN AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – RYU AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER – SPRITE – SAKURA AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)
  • POCKET FIGHTER SPRITE – AKUMA AVATAR (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.49)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on March 15:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• Mortal Kombat Demo
  • Femme Abstraction Theme
  • Snowman Dynamic Theme
  • Chinese New Year of the Rabbit Dynamic Theme
  • MAG Demo

Discounted Games/DLC

• Let’s Golf PlayStation minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $0.99)
  • R.U.S.E – Pack of the Sun (PlayStation Plus price $7.49, regular price $9.99)
  • Gravity Crash (PlayStation Plus price $5.00, regular price $9.99)
  • Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
  • MAG Starter Kit (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)

Update: the MAG full game trial has been moved from 3/15 to 3/29, and the MAG demo will remain up until 3/29.

+ scorpio182 on March 3rd, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

Still waiting on cloud saving then im in with Ps plus.

+ Radi0aktiveToy on March 3rd, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

Honestly, March is the single worst month of PSN+ yet. My reasoning? Absolutely *no* free full games. Not ONE. It seems as though all we’ll be getting over the next few months will be limited to a few Genesis games (which are already available in a full disc compilation) early demos and discounts — that’s it. I’m glad I only got a 3-month subscription to play Stacking, PSN+ was only $3 more so I got it, but I will not be renewing.

Honestly, this month is akin to the standard Xbox Live Gold update — an early demo and select game discounts. I have a bad feeling that Stacking will be the last game of note to be available for quite some tiume, which is a shame.

+ ajayghosal on March 3rd, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

please no more themes, i have 100, gimme free avatars caz im never gonna buy any

+ Rene_Led on March 3rd, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

HELL………FREAKIN…..YEAH!
MORTAL KOMBAT! (Plays the MK Techno theme song lol)
This is awesome, I resubbed to PS+ just in time!

+ kratos1984 on March 3rd, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

i’m very happy with my decision to become a ps+ subscriber when it first launched. Stacking is an awesome surprise hit for me and now the mortal kombat demo, sweet.

+ D-Squad3 on March 3rd, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

Mortal Kombat DEMO FTW!!!

+ TheHakku on March 3rd, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

Day one Plus subscriber, and this just sealed the deal. Fatality lives, indeed.

+ samaelwolf on March 3rd, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

Here’s hoping Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy’s demo is headed in our direction at all. My optimism is cracking with the full game coming out on the 22nd this month and the demo having been out since January for Japan.

+ morph147 on March 3rd, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

wait what prince of persia is this. doesnt look like the one im thinking of

+ TheLastNinja- on March 3rd, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

Sweet! Mortal Kombat demo! Can we please get some Mortal Kombat avatars to go with it? :D

+ EJStrat on March 3rd, 2011 at 3:41 pm said:

Bummer, I bought Boom Beats last week for full price. You guys should offer a refund for games bought within two weeks of the start of a sale.

Well, sounds like some pretty good updates, but I’m still waiting for Hard Corps: Uprising. Seriously, what gives?

P.s. I’m gonna be kinda bummed if our free games for the next 4-5 months are just the games from the sega collection. Cool collection, but I like getting games that I don’t already own and have played a thousand times.

+ EJStrat on March 3rd, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

So wait, which Prince of Persia is this? The title, just Prince of Persia, makes it sound like the disappointing reboot, but the screenshot looks like its from the Forgotten Sands.

+ Astroranagun on March 3rd, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

YES!!! Rockman Complete works 3!!

+ TheLastNinja- on March 3rd, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

@111 EJStrat: I agree, we should get a refund if we bought a game within a week of a sale. I bought Tumble the day before it went half off, felt stupid. ;-;

+ El_Hoardo on March 3rd, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

Nice. This almost makes up for Sony screwing us all over by offering giving 20 year old Genesis game and calling it a PSN game.

Almost.

+ shyguyNC on March 3rd, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

@111 and @114
I experienced this early on, buying Wipeout HD right after getting my ps3, then watching it go on sale 2 weeks later. Learned my lesson then – I only buy PSN titles on sale (they all end up on sale eventually).

+ Chromehoundz on March 3rd, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

That’s all great and Mortal Kombat is kool but…where’s my cross game voice chat?

+ twistedvivid on March 3rd, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Wow no one is talking about Mega man 3?

+ IDOT_Minute_Man on March 3rd, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

I haven’t played Mortal Kombat since my SEGA Genesis crapped out
Will it have online multi player? If yes how manny can play?

+ MarcoSnow88 on March 3rd, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

Seems like most people didn’t read the article carefully: the Mortal Kombat demo WILL NOT be exclusive to PS+ members. All PSN members will have access to it a week later.

+ Butters360 on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

Okay, who here didn’t play “Test Your Might” after reading this to get pumped? No one, I guess I was the only one.

+ duke301 on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

The Mortal Kombat demo sounds great. Ever since I found out about the game I have been wanting to see how it plays. As far as the games for 50% off, I can only hope that they are games that I don’t already have, so I will reserve judgment on that particular point. I will also be picking up Rockman 3 for sure. Overall, great update, thanks a lot!

+ John-Shooter on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

might get the demo and a few themes but other than that nothin to really go crazy about

mini’s are boring and i already own half the gamers choice award nominee’s so even if i get a discount its kinda useless to me

i own the animated version of prince of persia too but idk that screen looks like a newer title to me for some reason

otherwise though its a reasonable highlight .. 50% of somethin is 100% of nothing

+ John-Shooter on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:48 pm said:

i hope the new MK isnt setup like that [DELETED] MK Vs DC game though that was a disapointment to me and i love MK

+ jeffsmither on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:51 pm said:

Who are the playable characters in the MK demo?

+ jeffsmither on March 3rd, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

Last topic…… Never mind.

+ nirojan45 on March 3rd, 2011 at 7:07 pm said:

If this is the 2008 Prince of Persia, why do you have a picture of PoP:the Forgotten Sands?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on March 3rd, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

Nice, more PS3 Legacy titles coming. Please bring GTAIV, LBP, Bioshock, Dead Space 1, Uncharted 1 and RDR to the store.

Also, get that cloud saving on PSN+ so that I can sign up.

+ BoNeSaW23 on March 3rd, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

“I wish Grace or Ro would just answer us. Why is it so hard for you guys to respond? Stop being so lazy and do your job.”

I approve this comment. I can post 20 comments in a hour and you guys do 4 a day! Really?

+ jgrizzle358 on March 3rd, 2011 at 7:55 pm said:

will the Mortal Kombat demo support multiplayer? (my girlfriend loves MK) and will Kratos be in it?

+ cadeSILVER on March 3rd, 2011 at 8:34 pm said:

Does the new MAG FGT mean that the MAG Demo will become unplayable?

+ Wahrnye on March 3rd, 2011 at 8:45 pm said:

I haven’t bought into PSN+ yet and still am not seeing much motivation to. I get zero choice in the say over discounts and the subscription/rental (“free”) games, so far, have been lackluster (the notable exception being Stacking).

I saw several sites touting the MK Demo for PSN+ subscribers, so I decided to check at the source and what do I see? The demo “exclusivity” is only a week – basically the same system MSFT uses between XBL Gold and XBL Silver accounts.

PSN+ doesn’t even give any discounts on SOE’s own DCUO (not that I’d use it, mind you, the game is terrible). Maybe if PSN+ would start giving end users digital “coupons”/redemption codes where we could decide what we want to use our discounts on rather than just telling us what the discounts are, take them or leave them, I’ll subscribe.

+ Ace2540 on March 3rd, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

OMG!! My PS+ membership just ended today… :,( hopefully I get enough money to renew it!!

+ siegeh on March 3rd, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

can’t wait for mortal combat <3

+ El_Hoardo on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:44 pm said:

Discounts and free add-ons please. You promised it at launch but have not delivered anything beyond the Warhawk map packs half a year ago.

+ XenoNative on March 3rd, 2011 at 10:44 pm said:

mortal kombat demo all day baby. pays to be a plus.

+ R2tito11 on March 4th, 2011 at 12:34 am said:

thanks for a bunch of useless stuff; maybe the only thing that’s worth it’s the MK demo, but this stuff + Sonic, and no REAL PSN GAME this month!? so all WE as Plus members are going to get for the next couple of months are old “classic” vintage games (which you already sold on a disc) and no PSN games???, thanks a LOT sony.

+ morris1129 on March 4th, 2011 at 3:20 am said:

The full game trials are a waste of my time. I can rent a movie for 24 hours but I can only rent/play a game for one hour. To me it would be like getting a game from Gamefly in the mail and playing for one hour then the mailman knocks on your door asking for the game back in one hour. Should be at least 4 hours.

+ Mike78Larsen on March 4th, 2011 at 5:06 am said:

GET OVER HERE!!! Nuff said!

+ Tank_Baked on March 4th, 2011 at 5:50 am said:

Good to see the quota for replies has been met this month . Keep up the good work Grace,Ro and Kristi .

+ evil9taildog on March 4th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

ALRIGHT! MORTAL KOMBAT!!! tah tada tah tah ( MORTAL KOMBAT!!! ) a month to polish my skills till the big released date . playstation plus ! im loveing it . and if you don’t like plus , rewards , AND MORTAL KOMBAT or MVC3 , I got 6 words for ya . GET YOUR PUNK @$& OVER HERE ! with a nice upper cut ‘ from mr. evil9taildog ‘ .

+ Xx-Ksa-Allawy-xX on March 4th, 2011 at 6:21 am said:

Mortal combat …. Nice

Prince of paresia …. Very Nice

Avatars …. ???? ):

Mag …. I’m Waiting

+ death_vader301 on March 4th, 2011 at 6:51 am said:

GET OVER HERE ! i was wondering and hope i get some answers from ether the bloger’s , ps staff’s , or the mortal kombat developer’s . ok here it goes . will playing the mortal kombat demo unlock secrets stuff like ‘ exclusive , limited , dlc , items , themes , ect ? on the items descriptions of mortal kombat kollecter’s edition it said ‘ customize costumes for your psn avatar’s ‘ so is it the xmb avatar’s , or playstation home avatar’s , or both ? ‘seeing as when god of war gos pre order’ bonuses “avatar’s” , i rather have kratos on ps home then a xmb avatar same goes with MK ‘ i rather dress up as scorpion , jade or goro on the ps home then a xmb avatar . and my last ? is the exclusive jade skin available on the blue-ray mortal kombat movie only or is it timed limited ? thanx in advance . GET OVER HERE!

+ NoobHunter96 on March 4th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Good stuff, glad I purchased plus.

+ Rene_Led on March 4th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

@143
1.I doubt the dmeo will give a dynamc theme or anythingl ike that, only you get to play MK before others and learn the mechanics :)
2. That I understand, it seems the Kollector’s edition will give you a PSN Player card Avatar, I don’t think it specifically said for PSHome unlike COD Black Ops flight suit Avi’s
3. So far, The Klassic Jade costume is only avaliable if you a buy a Mortal Kombat and/or MK Annhilation (hope you dont buy latter lol) and get a code for her.

Your welcome in advanced :)

+ Bran-Chi on March 4th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

MMOOORRTTALLLL KKKOOMMMBBBAATTTT!!!!!

+ Grexotic on March 5th, 2011 at 5:07 am said:

speaking of SEGA why is SONIC ADVENTURE all boxed in? It even shows up @ 720p but there’s a huge BORDER AROUND MY GAME SCREEN what gives

+ fernesty on March 5th, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

OMG I CANT WAIT MK DEMO AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! but i dont have ps plus CRAP!!!!!

+ Boyzby on March 5th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

Nice. I am looking at that Okami avatar bundle and hoping that it means Okami might come to the PlayStation Store. I know, I know, but a man can dream.

+ KILLA_KING_007 on March 6th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

Plus just keeps getting better and better.