Destiny The Taken King

Mar 07

Drumroll, Please – The Winners of the 2011 PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards are…

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar Posted by Pierre Gravereau on Mar 07, 2011 // Director, Digital Distribution

We’ve tallied up the votes, slipped into our tuxedos, polished up the trophies and are finally ready to reveal the winners of the first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards.

First off, we want to thank all of the nominees for participating. All of the games that we showcased were the highest user-rated games released in 2010, so that is an honor in and of itself. Second, and most importantly, we want to thank all of you – the PlayStation Network community – for participating. We had a great turnout during the voting period which made for an intense competition. For instance, the battle for the Best PS3 Downloadable Game literally came down to the last day between Castle Crashers and Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game.

As a reminder, the 20 nominated games competed in four categories – Best PS3 Downloadable Game, Best PSP Downloadable Game, Best PS3/PSP mini and Best PSN Exclusive Game. So, without further ado, the winners are…

Best PS3 Downloadable Game: Castle Crashers

Best PSP Downloadable Game: God of War: Ghost of Sparta

Best PS3/PSP mini: Age of Zombies

Best PlayStation Network Exclusive Game: Dead Nation

Of course, this isn’t the end of the awards ceremony! The celebration continues as the award-winning titles will be featured during the first week of our Spring Fever event, kicking off tomorrow, with the winning games discounted 30% in the PlayStation Store and available for a 50% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers.

Thanks again for making our first-ever PlayStation Network Gamers’ Choice Awards fun and exciting. Enjoy the discounts on these great games!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Robotronfiend on March 7th, 2011 at 12:14 pm said:

Anyone who is interested in Dead Nation should definitely get it during the sale! Dead Nation is supposed to get a patch tomorrow introducing in-game voice chat and saves at checkpoints!! There are other unrevealed goodies coming according to the devs.

Anyone who doesn’t have this should check it out.

Dead Nation recipe for success:
1) Add voice chat
2) 4-5 times more save points
3) Discount the price!

Now I can finally try Grim difficulty on co-op! It was really quite hard without voice chat to coordinate item usage.

+ Tank_Baked on March 7th, 2011 at 12:15 pm said:

Wooo the only game I don’t own won!! And I’ve been wanting to get it since it came but did`t like the price . Awesome now I can use the pink knight I bought for Breast Cancer.

+ Oxkutzcab on March 7th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

I wish I had friends in the US so they could buy me psn cards, mexican store sucks and still with the discount the games are expensive, I hate living in Mexico, but well… The food is cool

+ rjejr on March 7th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

Castle Crashers or Scott Pilgrim was the choice for me to make and it came down to the controls and game responsive. Scot Pilgrim seemed very finicky, you had to be RIGHT in front of someone to hit them and the controls seemed a bit off. Castle Crashers just played better. That said, I almost voted for Scott Pilgrim to pay $5 rather than $7.50 for Castle Crashers but after a few more play throughs on the demos I wanted Castle Crashers more. Scott Pilgrim was a great movie though.

Note to Sony – demos are good.

There should be a law against 2 zombie games winning, and they’re practically the same game just 2d and 3d. Somebody (probably) should’ve voted for Princess. I voted for Thor for my 6 yr. old who liked the video.

+ krae_man on March 7th, 2011 at 12:26 pm said:

You didin’t really counter what I said Pierre:p

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Pierre Gravereau on March 7th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

… a few bucks… (sorry)

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Pierre Gravereau on March 7th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

I hear you. I am just saying that in most (if not all) Awards competition we (as users) do not usually get much ou of it anyways. At least for once everyone gets a nice reward out of it. Hopefully you do not have all the winners in your collection already.
    Personal thought: I would love to get to choose who win the Oscars and get to save a few bugs to watch one or more of those movies in theaters. ;-)

+ Pulkachu on March 7th, 2011 at 12:27 pm said:

I already have two of the winning games, my GF has GoW on UMD… now I feel like this contest was good for nothing.

+ unstablefears on March 7th, 2011 at 12:28 pm said:

Been meaning to pick up Dead Nation, will be grabbing it this evening with the 50% off :)

+ Dafreakzo on March 7th, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

Costume Quest should have won…you people got crap taste.

+ Superstrokey1123 on March 7th, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

Dead nation seems very tempting

+ ElektroDragon on March 7th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Well, I’ll pick up Ghosts of Sparta at least.

+ b00kthree on March 7th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

Ugh… Not the slightest bit interested in any of these. I don’t like the violence.

Oh well. Maybe some good other stuff will be in the spring fever sale. I picked up a few last year.

+ SmokeAdellic on March 7th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

@Pierre Gravereau
Little off of topic but my playstation rewards status bar still has not went up 1 bit and I have complete alot of quests and I have tried to address this on the forums but all I get is a message saying Your account has been disabled. Please contact an administrator or moderator. And I cant even do that so could you HELP ME!?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Pierre Gravereau on March 7th, 2011 at 1:10 pm said:

I saw a lot of comments today regarding the PS Rewards program and therefore I have invited its manager to come check. Hopefully he will pick up your post and reply back. Sorry to hear that you might have an issue with your account. Again, I believe the program is still in Beta, so… it might still need some tweaking.

+ digitalman123 on March 7th, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

Nice! Now I can afford Dead Nation! Already have Ghost of Sparta though…

+ BigBadBob113 on March 7th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

I’ll be picking up Dead Nation for sure now! Huzzah to PS+ and 50% discounts!!!

+ R2tito11 on March 7th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

i wanted costume quest to win the ps3 category; i already own castle crashers on my XBL ; i guess im just going to buy Dead Nation

+ UltraRazpacho on March 7th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

I’ll be getting God of War, and possibly Dead Nation. As for Castle Crashers winning best PS3 game i’m not surprised, Tom Fulp gathered his Newgroundians and told them all to vote for the damn thing. Not that it’s a bad game, but it just doesn’t deserve this reward.

Also how long does the discount last for? Just a week?

+ XMbeaner on March 7th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

winner winner chicken dinner

+ timmy19888 on March 7th, 2011 at 1:11 pm said:

i have all these so the discounts wont matter. but im not an online gamer and dont have friends so the online stuff is out for me.

+ R2tito11 on March 7th, 2011 at 1:14 pm said:

one quick question to Pierre, on the Spring Fever event are we going to see some DLC on sale?? i want to buy the RDR DlC’s and if we as +Plus members are going to get some additional discount for the other Spring Games on sale?

Pierre Gravereau's Avatar

+ Pierre Gravereau on March 7th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

This Spring Fever event will focus on PS3 and PSP Games. Expect more sales on DLC later this year. Always look great deals weekly on Games and DLC in the “Special Offers” section (under New Releases) as well.

+ itsyouboy on March 7th, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

I have a ideaa that would make playstation the best gaming system. Ever i think for the next playstation that come out should have a 3D mode build inside so people without a 3D ready tv they could still enjoy some of the games in 3D

+ TwinDad on March 7th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

Meh. Dead Nation, maybe.

I knew GOW for PSP would win. The other games are better in my opinion, but it’s a popular franchise.

I agree with all that said it’s bogus to tell people of the discount before voting, they will vote with their wallets on cheap games. Not which is best.

Now I have to pray to the Sega GOD that VCII and PSP2 get discounted so I can buy a digital copy of the games.

Either way I see this like other reward/awards show. PR Hype as popularity wins, not art.

+ Zephram on March 7th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

@ anotherdae (#32):

It means you have good taste (like me)!

What is the fascination with zombies anyway? (Now monkeys I could see, especially space monkeys, especially space monkeys with attitude, especially………..well, you get the point)

+ WoundedUnderwear on March 7th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

None of the games I voted for won. What a sad day for me :(
This is good news for anyone that voted for these games that won and now can get them %50 off.

Can the games that was nominated also get % off, just for being nominated. I mean not like %50 off like the winners. But %10-%15off just for being nominated. That would make me happy. At least I can get the games I voted for with a discount and still be happy with it. Even though its not %50 off like the winners.

+ spocar on March 7th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

+ El_Hoardo on March 7th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

I will definitely be buying Dead Nation. $7.50 sounds like a steal.

I’m disappointed Pacman DX didn’t win. I would have bought that for $5.

I hate to bring up the “other system” but they had 50% off Pacman last week. Why couldn’t we get the same deal on PSN? Please tell me you aren’t just not putting games on sale because they didn’t win.

+ Mobius_124 on March 7th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

50% for PS plus users? Holy S**T!!! impulse Buy!!!!

+ goodie20sack on March 7th, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

this is GREAT NEWS guys. I have been a Playstation Plus member since day one and have gotten back over $150 dollars worth of discounts so far. My subscription doesn’t even end until september of next year. Will absolutely be getting Dead Nation for half off! You guys at Sony better make me one of the highest ranked rewards member off break. I remember when all this used to be called Playstation Underground back in the PS1 days and they would give you free game and merchandise for being a Sony member. One lucky day I recieved in the mail a copy of Gran Turismo 2 !FREE! thanks to Sony.

+ Vu_Prime on March 7th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

Saweet! Castle Crashers and Dead Nation are all minez!

+ El_Hoardo on March 7th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Also, while we got someone paying attention to the comments, I would really like to see more DLC sales and free DLC for PlayStation Plus.

I’m very surprised we haven’t had a recent sale on things like the Killzone 2 map packs or MotorStorm Pacific Rift track packs. To me it seems like you are missing a golden opportunity to make a few sales on older content and generate some awareness for the sequels in the process.

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 7th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

Yes!! Long live the Spartan army!!!

+ gochewie on March 7th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

Dang. I voted for the games that I already had so that others could get at half off. I didn’t think about voting for the ones I didn’t buy yet. At least “Castle Crashers” beat out “Scott Pilgrim” so I can get it cheap. Otherwise, I’d have been 4 for 4 on the voting.

Dead Nation is too cool!!

+ megamixer on March 7th, 2011 at 2:27 pm said:

Euro PSN had Pacman 50% off just a couple weeks after its release to. :( I’ve played the game at a friends place a few times now and wouldn’t mind owning it for myself. Just can’t help but shake the feeling it will be on sale before much longer.

+ vza004 on March 7th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

We need more Japanese PS/P/3 games!!

+ Permafry_42 on March 7th, 2011 at 2:38 pm said:

I really wish playstation plus members in canada could get in the playstation rewards program… I’m a major fan of playstation games, and i would love to be rewarded for the hundreds of dollars i spend on playstation games every year! According to the reply @72, you said you’d be watching for Playstation reward questions. so my question is when can Canadians join in the fun? thanks if you could please reply!

+ darkwonders on March 7th, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

You should make all the nominations 50% off. I don’t think it’s fair to the titles that lost! They are still great games!

+ BigFreezy1975 on March 7th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

i voted and I’m glad the ones that I picked everyone else picked too. Congrats guys!

+ CHARLIE79 on March 7th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

This shows to “not jump” on everything you want when it gets out!

Great for me, I will get Dead Nation and Castle Crashers for half prices. Thanks Sony, Playstation Plus since a while is really getting worth for! :)

Not just 2 miss for us because of your prime competition: HARD CORPS: UPRISING and BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL HD!!!

+ KidCommando on March 7th, 2011 at 3:10 pm said:

Those are the ones I voted for. The only one I don’t own is Castle Crashers. Have been waiting for it to go on sale. coolz!

+ juggalorider on March 7th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

this is a joke, dead nation is good an for the god of war: GOS i played the demo on my PSP GO it was okay, castle crashers maybe played demo(yes if there is one) i know i saw some game vids an thought it look like crap, last thing with the minis i think most of them look retarded an only kids would like but i guss im wrong,the only thing this proves is how many idiots are in the world because theres are so many games that are better than these

+ juggalorider on March 7th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

opps forgot to say Scott Pilgram who plays that? i think its a waste of money, i wont even see the movie, it dosn’t make since, why whould a girl have 7 evil BFs an all of a sudden any new guy that wanted to be her BF had to fight? or kill? them, personly i would not even try since shes not even that good looking an 2nd why would all the others not have to do that since after here first BF? also why did her ex’s look like they were 10 years older than here? (i could be wrong on how old they look havent seen comerical for awhile)

+ krae_man on March 7th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

Thanks for the replies Pierre. Seperating the two would have been better.

“Vote for the game you want to go on sale” and “Vote for the GOTY” could have been seperate things. If you want people to “get something out of” the GOTY votes, you can just do a contest as part of it*

*note for contests, include Canada darn it!

+ lionraj on March 7th, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

I’m so going to get Dead Nation. Been meaning to get it, but couldn’t spend $15 to get it. Now’s my chance. Yeah!!!!!

+ ToDDLeS_1982 on March 7th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

This is very cool! I will definately be picking up Castle Crashers and perhaps Dead Nation at 50% off. I decided to test out Playstation Plus at the beginning of March and am I glad I did. Within a week I have already been convinced to purchase another year after my first 3 months!

I also notice that a few people have veered off topic about Playstation Rewards ….. so I will too. My question is, who’s butt do I got to kiss in order to get into the Playstation Rewards Beta?

but seriously, I would love to get in on that.

+ Sn1perdeluxe on March 7th, 2011 at 3:57 pm said:

Heck yes, I finally get to play Castle Crashers after years of waiting. Thanks!

+ Spacerac on March 7th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

@Megamixer yes, yes it does. It’s a world based in Greek mythology that lets you be completely brutal with an easy to learn and execute combat system, combined with tricky puzzles and frenetic platforming. Not to mention at least in Chains of Olympus the game will teach you some Greek mythos through various scroll readings. Ah well, diff’rent strokes for diff’rent folks. :) If you don’t like inFamous, Uncharted, or Ratchet and Clank Future though I would just not associate with you at all.

+ da45click on March 7th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

+ DPsx7 on March 7th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Wait. I voted for Crashers and Nation so I could get a discount. Why are we stuck with just 30%? That’s not fair.

+ Hooligantuan on March 7th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

Really? Castle Crashers?

It’s a Flash hack-and-slash game!

Scott Pilgrim > Castle Crasher

+ sevendust1987 on March 7th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

@Pierre Gravereau

I read your reply about the PlayStation rewards beta and having it’s manager possibly on here and I too am having the problem that my progress bar hasn’t moved in two months even after purchasing several PSN games and completing multiple quests as well. I have posted on the beta forum and have not gotten a response so I figured I would post here and see what happens.

+ megamixer on March 7th, 2011 at 4:36 pm said:

Then Consider us unassociated! :p I’ve demo’d each of them but no, they’re not for me at all. Western games have rarely had the kind of flavor which garners my interest. As with anything there are exceptions but those are minimal compared to the games I own and like made in other parts of the world (not just japan mind you).

PAGE 1 2 3