GTAV PS4

MLB 11 The Show – Available Now!

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Mar 08, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

Sports fans –

The wait is finally over as today marks the equivalent of our Opening Day with MLB 11 The Show hitting store shelves everywhere! This year’s installment is shaping up to be the best yet and early reviews have agreed with extremely positive impressions coming from various media outlets, including GamePro (5/5), PlayStation: The Official Magazine (10/10), Game Informer (9.25/10), GamesRadar (9/10), and Crave Online – just to name a few. The reviewer for GamePro specifically called MLB 11 “one of the best and most complete sports games I’ve ever played.”

Reviews will continue to come in this week, but I’d also like to point out a few other recent media hits for MLB 11, most notably a feature in this past Sunday’s New York Times highlighting our good friend Hans Smith and his help in establishing the ADVA (Assoc. for Disabled Virtual Athletes) setting in this year’s game. Additional coverage has included IGN’s reveal of MLB 11’s top rated players and teams, ESPN.com’s exclusive image gallery, our Joe Mauer/Kevin Butler TV commercial, and our recent GameSpot demo at the Game Developers Conference (GDC) in San Francisco.

So, as you can see the whole team has been busy, but before I go, I’d like to share our latest trailer in celebration of our launch, entitled “What a Great Game.” Thanks again to all of fans and friends in the media for your continued support.

Don’t forget to pick up your copy of MLB 11 The Show today. For more information, visit www.TheShowNation.com.

Welcome to The Show!

+ razorsteel on March 8th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

Looks great. Can’t wait to play. I don’t usually play Baseball games, but the demo got me excited!

+ ATOMS11 on March 8th, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

A must have for real Baseball fans!

+ JaY_Ci_415 on March 8th, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

Picking up my copy today after work and have also got a couple games lined up against a few buddys via online. Also want to try the co-op portion of this.

Thanks for a great game. Let’s go Giants!!!!! Time to defend the crown baby!

PS: Dodgers suck. ;-)

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on March 8th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Enjoy!

+ RedGiant17 on March 8th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

This marks the official start to my favorite time of year. Game looks great guys. Take a 7th inning stretch to pat yourselves on the back.

Quick Question: Can we use the Eye to import our picture for our players this year?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on March 8th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Not this year, but it’s def something we’re looking at moving forward. Thanks for your support!

+ NyPrince on March 8th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

better be for $29.99, if not I hope it gets pirated to hell. The game is the exact same, even the cover athlete is the same for crying out loud. There is already a way to play this on FW 3.55.

+ DaWolf619 on March 8th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

@5 Enjoy your ban, sparky.

Anyway, My copy arrives today, can’t wait to break out the Move and play some Homerun Derby, then straight to Road to the Show. So Hyped!!

+ G-Raider on March 8th, 2011 at 10:00 am said:

I used to love The Show, but last year’s version was almost unplayable in Franchise mode due to numerous freezes and crashes (Tropicana Field, anyone?). I ended up trading it in after a month because I was tired of playing 8 innings and then locking up and losing the whole game. Any reason why I should resume supporting the series this year?

+ i_like_toast on March 8th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

Unfortunate you are releasing the same day as DA:2 but will def pick up before the season starts…at least the virtual cubs won’t be a tremendous disappointment T_T

+ XMbeaner on March 8th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

All MLB 11 The Show is doing is winning! I think MLB 11 The Show might have Tiger Blood.

+ Adjiri on March 8th, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

Eric, does the PlayStation 2 version have any new features or improvements such as analog control?

+ ssjmichael on March 8th, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

Does anyone know if the person who voiced that video above is the same guy who did that Chrysler “Imported from Detroit” commercial featuring Eminem? Sounds like him

+ Cardgasm on March 8th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

Some of the teams still have the old managers and coaches. Still has Bobby Cox managing the Braves even though he’s retired. How is it even possible this could be missed? Ridiculous!

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on March 8th, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

If you have the new roster update all the coaching changes are correct.

+ polo155 on March 8th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

i want this but im soo not an EA fan, i saw this on newegg for like $49 this morning

+ aVeRsioN_X on March 8th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

Cant wait to play this. UPS is taking to long to deliver it!

Go Yankees 2011!

+ Butters360 on March 8th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Go Blue Jays! Yeah, I said it!

+ DylanFan71 on March 8th, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

When will we able to download on the store for PSP? I know, I’m the ONE who buys PSP games there.

+ MikeHC69 on March 8th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

What is the purpose behind the two week restriction on anyone creating a league? I was planning on making a private league with 3 friends and holding a draft this week. The wait seems utterly pointless.

+ ykiki5 on March 8th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

My 9 year old LOVES “The Show” and is always asking dad to play. Can’t wait to give co-op a try – it’ll be great for us to finally play together instead of against each other.

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on March 8th, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

Good gosh why can’t you fix this stupid “dropped 3rd strike” thing? Just had a game where it happened 8 dang times in one game!!!! ARGH!!! IT DOESN’T HAPPEN THIS MUCH!!!!!!

+ LUGIEZ on March 8th, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

Sweet, picked up my copy a little while ago. As soon as I finish my pre-game workout I plan to go yard at AT&T w/ my good buddy Matthew Kemp! Lets Go Dodgers!!!

+ Dr_Dekes21 on March 8th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Got mine today!!! Great so far..

+ TheUndertaker85 on March 8th, 2011 at 1:09 pm said:

@13 Uh… What does The Show have to do with EA?

+ reece7227 on March 8th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Help…. Just picked up the game for my son. ran home from school to play. There is no announcer sounds. Try changing settings, look like they are all correct… Help

+ twistedfloyd on March 8th, 2011 at 2:24 pm said:

Go Braves!

I’ll probably get this at some point, but I’m still not done with MLB 10, so I think I’ll be holding off for a little bit.

Great job though Sony San Diego! This looks like a killer product!

+ Ftwrthtx on March 8th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Thanks for another great game San Diego Studios!

+ EnigmaNemesis on March 9th, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

This is definitely the BEST SCEA Baseball of all time. Clearly the most realistic baseball video game of all time, and arguably the best ever made.

Great job everyone!

And thanks for putting me in the credits! :-D

+ kenkraly2010 on March 9th, 2011 at 11:50 pm said:

I just got MLB 11 The Show yesterday (Wednesday) from amazon.com and I enjoy the game a lot the graphics look amazing and the new analog controls are cool and move support in Home Run Derby is great as well. I have a mitsubishi 60-inch 1080p 3D DLP HDTV and the show looks great on it. In one game I even hit 12 home runs as the giants at AT&T Park and 6 of the 12 home runs went over 500 feet. And Yes I even played a few game as my favortie MLB Teams the cleveland indians and atlanta braves. Great job SCEA team MLB The Show continues to be the best baseball game on PS3 ever.

+ aSe1OnE2282 on March 13th, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

My BIGGEST PROBLEM is not being able to start a league for 14 days! This is ridiculous…it’s honestly enough to make me lose faith in this product.

I understand that some players will want to crate leagues and not maintain them, but I feel that us SERIOUS players are being punished unneccessarily. I’ve had the game for close to a week now, and many friends and prospective purchasers that I keep in contact with are hesitant to even buy your game because we are forced to wait 14 days until we can begin an online season.

I beg of you all, to waive the 14 day wait period and let serious gamers begin their ONLINE LEAGUE!

it’s 2011, the majority of gamers WANT TO PLAY ONLINE…so why deny that, especially after shelling out $60!!!
If features can be held back from the consumer, then I feel that we should be given the game at half price and then if we WANT online leagues, then charge us the OTHER $30!
because this seriously will be the LAST YEAR I PURCHASE The SHow if I have to wait half a month before I can create an online league.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!