LittleBigPlanet 3

Tales From Space: About a Blob Adds Free Costume Editor

Ryan MacLean's Avatar + Posted by Ryan MacLean on Mar 08, 2011 // Co-founder & CEO, DrinkBox Studios

Hello all you munchy morsels of Mankind meat. This is your favorite orange blob with some exciting news. A brand-new patch for Tales from Space: About a Blob is set to crash land on PSN later today, March 8th! About a Blob is a game where you play as a little blob that grows and grows until he consumes the world. Think of it as a puzzle-platforming game set in a 1950’s monster-movie. Your goal is to get from the beginning to the end of every level by eating and growing, and along the way jumping, running, and squishing through puzzles and bosses.

Tales from Space: About a Blob costume DLC

It’s the Brady…..er; BLOBBY Bunch!

Today’s mouthwatering patch adds a sweet new Costume Editor to the game for free! Once the patch is installed, head over to the in-game pause menu and select the new “Blob Costumes” button. There, you’ll find a fun in-game editor that lets you dress up your blob with all sorts of tasteful accessories like hats, glasses, ears, skin textures and more!

Tales from Space: About a Blob costume DLC

Kanye Blob approves of 90s Blob’s ugly sweater pattern.

You’ll probably notice that some costume accessories aren’t available right away. Never fear! These are unlocked by collecting the yummy little points that are located throughout the levels. Finally, a new reason to snag those hard-to-get floating blue dots of joy.

Tales from Space: About a Blob costume DLC

Bird Blob does NOT approve of Pig Blob.

And if that wasn’t enough, March 8th will also see the release of a Premium Costume Pack for anyone who wants to show off a REALLY stylish blob. This pack doubles the available accessories for a fashion feast fit for a king. We hope you enjoy it!

17 Comments

+ Ssnipo on March 8th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

Is MK Demo live?

+ WFMMK on March 8th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

Sweet, but I haven’t bought this game. If it was $10 I would have bought it.

+ SpyDudeFX on March 8th, 2011 at 2:05 pm said:

Yeah game looks great but $9.99 is the price to get me to buy. Why not offer a Plus discount to celebrate the release of the costumes? ;)

+ IceMan_516 on March 8th, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

Yeah Wheres My MK Demo ???????

+ IceMan_516 on March 8th, 2011 at 2:10 pm said:

Sony I Love Yall but your Store has to update much earlier like 12pm central us time would be perfect

+ The_Leducs on March 8th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Bird Blob does NOT approve of Pig Blob. Awesome.

@ Ice and snipo – Quit trolling. Why would they have that answer?
There will be a post when the store updates. Jeez.

+ polo155 on March 8th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

This game is cute, i believe i had the Demo Pushed to my system some time ago… cute!

+ Sub-Zero on March 8th, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

Yea bob is good and all …but we just want MK

+ DaWolf619 on March 8th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

Downloading the patch as soon as I get home tonight. My kids love this game.

+ smokey_vols on March 8th, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

Angry Birds lol, nice.

+ Almighty_Dada on March 8th, 2011 at 2:33 pm said:

Ok…so where is the MK DEMO?! Watch it will show up at midnight…come on!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on March 8th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

lol gotta love SONY..they treat their PLUS customers like CRAP..and the regular custees pretty good by bring the demo out only a WEEK AFTER.I can wait it out..besides im too bizzy playin MvsC3 and Black ops..and all of my other AWESOME GAMES..by the time MK and SOCOM 4 come out i wont even realize it..and the best part is i will be on VACATION during the time they are both released..:p

+ marlyt on March 8th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

I thought I could ome hereto post about “Blob” and be free of [DELETED] about the store. I stand corrected. I’m really starting to hate my fellow gamers. What a bunch of whiny entitled babies.

+ daniel3334 on March 8th, 2011 at 11:09 pm said:

this game is awesome, i also liked the new freebie costumes yall dropped today! keep up the awesome work,Drinkbox!!

+ Go_Buddie_Go on March 8th, 2011 at 11:50 pm said:

@nYcFrEeWiLL82 Your spelling is crap. I love how people are asking about the MK Demo on the wrong post. Lolz.

On topic, I havent purchased this game yet but this will be mine come this friday (Or sooner) and I think I’ll enjoy playing through the game as an Angry (Bird) Blob.

+ guitain on March 9th, 2011 at 3:27 am said:

I wanna make a Blob Blob… It’s an even Blobbier Blob than the Blobbiest Blob already Blobbing!
Blob Blob – For your Blobbiest Blobbing Needs!

+ NamesIrish13 on March 9th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

I really love this game, and so does my 3yr son. Couch co-op for him and I has been a blast! We love it! Just blob around blobbing things up together.
Anyway, love the new editing feature for the blobs, but is their any chance for some DLC Levels? Would really like some, and would gladly fork over some cash for some more levels!