PS4-The Order

@AskPlayStation: Introducing PlayStation Customer Service via Twitter

Tina Barnes's Avatar + Posted by Tina Barnes on Mar 09, 2011 // Operations Program Manager, PlayStation Customer Service

Hopefully you’ll never encounter a problem with a PlayStation product, but we have plenty of resources available just in case you do. Our newest is the @AskPlayStation Twitter which is operational 9:30AM – 5:00PM PST Monday through Friday with real-time responses between 2PM – 5PM PST. Following @AskPlayStation will also get you timely alerts as well as helpful tips. Sweet!

@AskPlayStation: Customer Support for PlayStation

For those who prefer self-help, the PlayStation Knowledge Center is a wonderful place to search for solutions to common issues or even learn a thing or two. If you’d like help from fellow PlayStation users or even offer some advice of your own, hit up the Support section of the PlayStation Community Forums.

We’re always looking for new and better ways to help you so any suggestions on how we can do that in the comments below will be greatly appreciated.

+ nino1911 on March 9th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

just like ask xbox TY.

+ reson8er on March 9th, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

I like this, very cool idea. As someone who has been on the receiving end of a call which seems to hold for far to long to speak with a customer service agent, this is a welcome move. Real time feedback for questions is a very proactive approach. Hurrah for Twitter!

Tina Barnes's Avatar

+ Tina Barnes on March 9th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

Thanks!

+ Spidey817 on March 9th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

Nice

+ chaoszero14 on March 9th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

This is very cool. Now i only wish that PS3 had a Twitter app on the xmb.

+ polo155 on March 9th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

i believe these are the same guys who sent me a Direct Message via twitter when they knoticed my psp go was stolen when my apt was robbed, they got me in touch with a rep and all was done with my report but now when i call back they say its a security issue that only sony and the pd, im like what about me, im the one who has lost something lol…

…but this is good that u guys are now pushing @askplaystation

…and no i never recoverd my psp go via sony or anyone for those interested lol someone is happy with 32gb PSP Go

+ tylerh1701 on March 9th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

I wish xbox did something like thi…….ohhhh!!

Haha just kidding, this is awesome of you guys to offer. Any easily accessible support is great!

+ FATHASUN on March 9th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

Love the new features and services. Keep em comin. Gonna follow now.

+ DTS_MAN on March 9th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Moving forward…nice!

+ NotoriousGamer on March 9th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

kool new feature.

+ PatriotEyez27 on March 9th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

I forgot both my email and password of one my PSN accounts but I have made a couple of purchases on it with my parent’s credit card,is there any way I can recover that account?

I spent like $50+ on it and I would love to get the content back(Burnout Paradise,Warhawk,couple of CoD Map Packs etc)

Thanks again Sony/PlayStation,

PatriotEyez27

Tina Barnes's Avatar

+ Tina Barnes on March 9th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

We hit you back on Twitter. I’m sure we can help once the maintenance is complete. Thanks for the question.

+ smorde on March 9th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

will this go out for eu related questions aswell or do eu get one like this too?

+ madtyger on March 9th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

I’ve used @AskPlayStation a couple times now and I always get a quick and helpful response – I love it! Keep up the good work.

+ Haskell420 on March 9th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

This is a great idea, but PLEASE, Do NOT say, “For those who prefer self-help, the PlayStation Knowledge Center is a wonderful place to search for solutions to common issues or even learn a thing or two”

ARE YOU SERIOUS? The Knowledge Center is decent, but it’s far, FAR FARRRRRRRRRR from “WONDERFUL”

If it WAS wonderful, it would have EVERY SINGLE ANSWER for ANY question we ask relating to HOME.

cont’d

+ Haskell420 on March 9th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

cont’d…

Perfect example. Last week in HOME I saw that I was missing minimum, 75% of all my items bought, earned, rewards etc, & they’re NOT in storage. They were all there 2 weeks ago, and nothing has changed on my PS3.

So I came to the Knowledge Center to see what my next move is. I entered, “missing HOME Items”. Not 1 thread came up that even remotely helped me. I went to the next page, and NOTHING.

So please don’t say it’s WONDERFUL, something that does NOT have the right answers, let alone, bring up ANY keywords to filter out what I want. Is far from wonderful. .. PSN – PS HOME – PS HOME FAQs

+ I3rand0 on March 9th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Considering how well Customer Service is here on the blog, this service couldn’t be more worthless.

+ dragonleader33 on March 9th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Been talking to these guys for awhile. The automated things get annoying a bit but heh what can ya do right? Its all about options and this is a great step in the right direction. Bravo!

+ KidCommando on March 9th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

Is it really necessary for me to join Twitter just to get live help from Sony?

+ mcbuttz78 on March 9th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

This is why better than calling some hot line and waiting a hour and end up with a 30$ phone bill.. Its about time someone thought of this and hopefully it willstay free.. to the public to use..:)

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on March 9th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

@15 Why do you always have something negative to say? Every post iv’e seen you write hasn’t been positive one bit…Your a sad sad man.

BTW gj guys. Appreciate the support

+ Imphobia on March 9th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

I have been following askplaystation for a days now, never had any problems but they keep posting some useful tips and I learnt a couple of things I didn’t know.
I really like what you guys are doing.

Tina Barnes's Avatar

+ Tina Barnes on March 9th, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

Thanks! I’m glad you find our tips useful.

+ FJ1100_rider on March 9th, 2011 at 1:29 pm said:

good idea I guess but it’ll be like the rest of the ps3 site and knowledge centre —- not available from the ps3 browser
while it’s nice to have options it would be nicer to access them from the ps3 itself
if I have a problem and can access the ps3 browser I should be able to access help using it , or make a direct ps3 app available through the consoles settings menu or online manuals to access knowledge centre answers or the twitter service for ps3 help

+ FJ1100_rider on March 9th, 2011 at 1:33 pm said:

oh , btw
you should post something about the psn being down today
there’s nothing on the blog about it , but it’s obviously down for maintenance for 3.60 so maybe post something about it and what time it’ll be back up

+ that-acmilan-guy on March 9th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

This is a good idea, twitter is fast and flexible.

+ Richlando on March 9th, 2011 at 3:09 pm said:

I use this ALOT (Don’t I?) and like it but this has been around for quite awhile now so why the intros now?

+ KILLZONE79 on March 9th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

ive been following this since last heard about it, but i cant send direct message only @mention

+ kirafung on March 9th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

Nice~
Keep it up! I am glad to see Sony is trying the best to help PS3 user.

+ xektor17 on March 9th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

Why is this new? Wasn’t AskPlayStation created last August?

+ MoneyMaker110 on March 9th, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

yeah hasn’t the twitter account been around for awhile?

+ jfazande on March 9th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

This is really cool. Now if we can get that PlayStation app in the US.

+ SPOPS on March 9th, 2011 at 10:48 pm said:

This is nothing new to me at least. I have spoken to the awesome reps from @AskPlaystation and they have been extremely helpful.

+ zombie9 on March 10th, 2011 at 4:47 am said:

Twitter LOL I’ll NEVER join :)

+ BrianMcGuinness on March 10th, 2011 at 6:13 am said:

Yeah this has been around a while. I asked them a question a few weeks ago but it unfortunately wasn’t helpful. If anyone else knows. I have about 1GB of corrupted data on my HDD that happened during a bad install. They responded with, “Besides formatting your hard drive, we have no solution.” So that kinda stinks. If I try to delete it, it won’t let me. Anyone have any ideas? I have plenty of room on my drive, so it’s not really bugging me as far as space, just wouldn’t mind it deleted, that’s all.

But that being said, this is a good idea and I see the helpful tips they throw out there throughout the day.

+ krae_man on March 10th, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Whoo 140 character cut and paste responses!

Seriously though, this is good for simple questions. Unfortunately most of the questions you’re going to get can’t be answered on twitter and you’re going to have to spend 90% of the time telling people to call or email.

+ Lucky13X on March 11th, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Xbox has this as the Elite Tweet Fleet. They also have Xbox Xperts now which is community members helping with some support questions.

Glad to see Sony finally use Twitter more and for customer service. Awesome.