Uncharted 4

Dissidia duodecim prologus Final Fantasy Hits PSN 3/15 with Lightning, Aerith Unlock

Sonia Im's Avatar + Posted by Sonia Im on Mar 10, 2011 // Assistant Director of Public Relations, Square Enix

5 MORE DAYS!!! That’s how long you’ll have to wait to get your hands on DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY. In case I’ve forgotten how to count, that means prologus will be available March 15th exclusively via the PlayStation Network for $2.99. The details will be posted on the official site later today. In the meanwhile, here’s a quick summary of why prologus is going to be so awesome straight from the press release:

• Witness Lightning before the storm: Lightning, the protagonist of the popular FINAL FANTASY XIII, will be introduced to the DISSIDIA series for the first time. Players can enjoy a taste of the latest installment through a unique scenario featuring Lightning that will recount the events leading to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.

DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY

• Carry-over items from DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY: Players can continue their journey and have the advantage of carrying over in-game items acquired in DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY for use in DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.
  • Unlock a new character: By purchasing DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY, players will also receive the immensely popular Aerith Gainsborough from FINAL FANTASY VII as an Assist Character in DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.

Not that I need to remind you, but DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY will be available a week later on March 22. BTW: If you can say “DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY” 20 times really fast you get the honor of pet-sitting Hachi the next time I’m on a biz trip! :-)

305 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 7

+ SPOPS on March 10th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

Love Final Fantasy

+ Christian399 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

This looks okay. Sounds like a cash grab though. So correct me if I’m wrong, but this is a precursor to a game SE will be releasing – for full price – a week later?

WKC2 and WKC PSP. C’mon already. At least those will give me value for my money.

Sonia Im's Avatar

+ Sonia Im on March 10th, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

Hey all,

It seems there’s some confusion about what “FINAL FANTASY DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY” is.

“prologus” is not a demo. It is additional content that will not be included in the release of “DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY”

Hope that helps clear things up :)
    -Sonia

+ remanutd5 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

yes i want more news about WKC2 and WKC PSP , europe got release date from both games already , how about us ?

+ Kal_Wanderer on March 10th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

FINALLY!!!!! I’VE BEEN FREAKING WAITING FOR THIS!!! I played the JAP version and it was fun! Now at least I get Aerith, Accessories…and I’ll know what the heck they’re saying XD and I concur with WKC 2 and the PSP version…I mean come on it’s been YEARS when do WE get our version!!! I want my own Knight!!!!

+ bball42242442 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

@christian it’s only $30 new so not full price, but still one week early is kinda lame

@kal years?

Since this is cheap i might still pick it up but i wish they had done it earlier because only one week early is kinda [DELETED] imo.

+ Dyvid on March 10th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

Is this game going to available on the PSPgo or not?

+ L2K7 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

@ Dyvid.

Yes. It’s been confirmed for months.

Also, it’s about time. I’ll probably miss out on this, though. With Phantom Brave puchased, not gonna have enough money when Dissidia 012 comes out to buy full game.

+ teradome on March 10th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

What in God’s name are you all talking about? :)

But seriously, exactly WHAT will be $2.99 in the store? This post is totally cryptic to non-DISSIDIA junkies.

+ perrandy on March 10th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

yeah more news on wkc2 and wkc psp.also,i know that namco said that tales of graces was heading our way.however, they havent said when?:0

oh almost forgot, i would love more info on the new xseed rpg on the psp.

+ bball42242442 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

@tera pretty much a demo but stuff is transferable from it

+ perrandy on March 10th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

sorry for the double post, the new game from xseed is called legend of heroes: trails in the sky.jeff any chance that xseed would make an appereance on the blog?

+ Tank_Baked on March 10th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

wow this is what all the fuss has been about for weeks and weeks here on the blog?

+ DarkRecoil on March 10th, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

@6

FALSE

So far square enix have refused to confirm Dissidia 012 Duodecim for PSN just like Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday.

Furthermore, just like Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Square Enix will likely continue to distract us owners with “we cant comment now” Bull$h!t every time the issue is raised.

+ Christian399 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

@ 10. I will be grabbing that over Dissidia for sure. Been waiting for a proper Legend of Heroes game in the west (not the three okayish ones we got early in the PSP’s life-cycle) these ones are REAL, hard-core JRPGs.

I love Xseed. They always deliver. Wild Arms 4 and Shadow Hearts was the start of our love-affair.

And paying $2.99 for a demo is a new standard in gouging. Good stuff SE (I don’t blame Sony for that, its clearly SE’s decision).

+ L2K7 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

@ DarkRecoil

Dissidia 012 and 3rd Birthday released on PSN on release date in Japan.

And the whole KH BBS PSN thing isn’t reason to pretend Square doesn’t put stuff on PSN. Nomura confirmed that wasn’t because of Square Enix, Sony, OR Disney.

The last how many Square Enix PSP games all came out on US PSN? Lord of Arcana, 2 DLC packs for that game, Tactics Ogre, and the recent PS One Classics Vagrant Story and Xenogears.

There’s no reason for it not to.

+ Rinaldus91 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

Refuse to call this anything but Dissidia II. Any mention of a Dissidia III for the NGP? That’d be incredible, will most likely pick the full game when it arrives. Still kinda wary about this whole paying-for-a-demo thing, but I just might fall into it.

+ HardCorwen on March 10th, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

abOUT time. SHEESH.

+ DarkRecoil on March 10th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

@ L2K7

To gamers like us, Yes, there is no reason not to put Dissida Duodecim, 3rd Birthday, Birth by Sleep and Crisis Core on PSN.

…but to a greedy corrupt company like sqaure enix who only care about profits, it actually makes as much sense as putting final fantasy 13 on xbox. These games aren’t on PSN because square enix make more money from retailers than they do from digital distibution on there best games, plus in japan no one buys digital games anyway.

and Norma is full or garbage im afraid. just look at the store since PSP Go came out. EVERY BIG GAME IS ON PSN EXCEPT FOR SQUARE ENIX GAMES. that immediately tells you that the problem lies 100% with SE deliberately holding back their best games from PSN

+ SuperTiso on March 10th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

And Dissidia 2 will be on the PSN right? I mean surely you wouldn’t put this on the Network and us Go owners would have no use for it?

+ AndresEBR on March 10th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

se MUST put this game on psn… If they do what they did by not giving us pspGo owners KH:BBS, I promise i’m not buying another game with an SE brand, no matter what… It’s like SE doesn’t want our money…

+ zacklives17 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:50 am said:

This should be great!!! i could care less if this demo cost 10 bucks i still want it!!! Im gonna get Clouds KH costume too.
Oh and yeah there not putting any of the good SE gmaes on PSN.

+ Butters360 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:51 am said:

This is a step in the right direction. Hopefully, with this move we will FINALLY get Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

I’ll be picking this. I loved the combat system.

+ zacklives17 on March 10th, 2011 at 8:51 am said:

@ 18 and 19 im pretty sure they wont because they didnt put Kh FFVII: CC and the first Dissidia on there.

+ DarkRecoil on March 10th, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

dammit PlayStation blog, add a edit feature for posts!

+ L2K7 on March 10th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

@zacklives17

The first Dissidia IS on the store.

+ Jeigh on March 10th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

@L2K7

[FF7 Victory Theme]

+ GDot80 on March 10th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

this should be pretty good game

+ LordMadar on March 10th, 2011 at 9:21 am said:

Final Fantasy XIII was “popular”? Personally, I thought it was a one-way tunnel of emo cutscenes, and I was under the impression that a healthy plurality agreed.

+ zacklives17 on March 10th, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

Damn this is gonna be a great game!!!!

+ Stingger on March 10th, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

What a bizarre title name to say the least but it’s Final Fantasy, so sign me up!!

Twitter: @Stinger_Inc

+ megafan999 on March 10th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

I guess I’ll have to bite >_> Oh well, just 3 bucks.

+ xaos on March 10th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

A for-pay demo? Honestly, I don’t see the appeal, but I’m sure some folks will enjoy.

+ TheTwelve on March 10th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

lol how do you pronounce that name again?

+ Anddo on March 10th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Only $3? I’m in.. And finally we get confirmation of the PSN version… There had been NO word until now.

+ Zookey on March 10th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Paying for a demo????? No thanks.

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on March 10th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

THANK YOU!

MERCI!

GRACIAS!

DANKE!

ARIGATO!

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on March 10th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

About time we get this. Does this mean we’re going to get Dissdia avatars like the ones from japan PSN?

+ Jay_Dogg_76 on March 10th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Awesome – can’t wait! I love unexpected surprises like this…only one thing could make it better: free for PSN+ members! *hint-hint*

+ corydt1992 on March 10th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

@26: Actually, XIII is one of sqaures best selling final fantasys, Afraid you and me are part of the Minority.

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on March 10th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

@32 – where is it stated that the full game will be released on PSN? All it says is that the game is coming out on the 22nd of March… it doesn’t say that it will be released on PSN…

+ megamixer on March 10th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

People paying for demos. Thanks for setting a bad example guys. Now I’ll wait with baited breath for Sega’s PSP2i demo, which is free in japan (heck you can grab it from their website and avoid PSN directly), to show up on our shores for a fee. People really will buy anything, won’t they.

+ evil9taildog on March 10th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

that’s awwwsum love the 1st cant wait tell the 012 , prologue is 2.99 , that’s a must . FOREVER DARK CLOUD

+ TheGrimHeaper on March 10th, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

I got this when it came out in Japan, and I’ll get it again next week. Totally hyped.

+ g-regulate on March 10th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

forgive me for being ignorant….. but is a PS3 necessary to buy/play this game? Also, I have a PSP 3000, will i still be able to get my hands on this game?

+ Jeo on March 10th, 2011 at 10:55 am said:

Half the words in this series don’t make sense to me. Dissidia duodecim prologus???? Is that an infection of some sort? Maybe a medical procedure?

Prologus… that’s the thing on a fly that they eat through right?

+ L2K7 on March 10th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

^ It’s Latin. Duodecim = 12, Prologus = Prologue.

Dissidia Duodecim Prologus is to Dissidia 012 as Gran Turismo 5 Prologue is to Gran Turismo 5.

+ zacklives17 on March 10th, 2011 at 11:22 am said:

@ 44 yes you will its for the UMD.

+ g-regulate on March 10th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

@47 i was talking about prologus, sorry i wasn’t more clear. Is prologus on UMD?

+ zacklives17 on March 10th, 2011 at 11:27 am said:

@48 No its on PSN and cost $3 for PSP Demo.

+ g-regulate on March 10th, 2011 at 11:30 am said:

What I’m trying to figure out is how that works exactly. Do I require a PS3 to download prologus? If not, do i require a specific PSP model to play the game? (I have a 3000)

PAGE 1 2 3 7