No Man's Sky

Free Realms Available on PSN March 29

Stephen Bokkes's Avatar + Posted by Stephen Bokkes on Mar 11, 2011 // Lead Designer, Free Realms, Sony Online Entertainment

FR Final Logo

Well, everyone has heard about the bird…but have you heard that Free Realms is coming to the PlayStation 3?

FR_Main

That’s right, Sony Online Entertainment’s popular online virtual world is making its way from PC to the PS3 on March 29th! The entire Free Realms team is super excited as this will be the very first casual, free-to-play MMO ever to be offered on the PlayStation Network. So, grab your controller, grab your friends, and prepare yourself for an adventure unlike anything you’ve ever seen before.

FR_Pixie

Free Realms offers an amazing array of gameplay activities all rolled up into one massive, seamless, virtual world. Hop on the back of your trusty T-Rex and explore the countryside; discovering strange lands, rare collectibles, and exciting quests. Brave the dangers of forgotten dungeons and battle hordes of mythical monsters and bad-tempered beasties.

FR_Ride

Fancy a bit of friendly competition? Free Realms has tons of games that allow you to pit your skill against other players. From kart racing and demolition derby, to soccer matches and pirate ship battles, Free Realms offers a wide variety of fun multiplayer games and a simple to use matchmaking interface to get you in and playing with no hassle.

FR_DemoDerby

Or maybe puzzles and minigames are more your thing? No problem. We got you covered. Free Realms has a wide selection of Flash-based minigames to choose from. Match 3 mining, cooking, forging, tower defense, checkers, and chess: if you’re into minigames, then Free Realms is the game for you.

FR_Mini

Yep, we got it all. Exploration, collections, quests, combat, minigames, holiday and community events, virtual pets, virtual housing; Free Realms offers something for everyone. What’s more, our unique job system allows you to be whoever you want whenever you want. Choose from 15 different professions, each offering their own distinct look and gameplay experience. All jobs are available at any time, so feel free to try them all. Be a wizard one minute, then a ninja, chef, or kart driver the next! Customize your character as you see fit. With over 30,000 unique clothing and equipment options, you’re truly free to be who you want to be.

FR_Pirate

Did I mention that Free Realms was free? Yeah, I said it…free. Don’t believe me? Well, try it yourself. On March 29th, download Free Realms for free from the PlayStation Store and immerse yourself in a rich fantasy world perfect for sharing with family and friends. All jobs are available through level 4, as well as over 800 quests and countless minigames. Upgrade to a membership and get unlimited access to all job levels, as well as additional premium content and features.

FR_House

So, mark it down on your calendar. March 29, 2011. Free Realms. PS3.

Come be a part of a whole new online gaming experience for the PlayStation 3, in a world where YOU RULE!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Detective-E on March 11th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

So does PS+ get membership? Or like, a discount for membership?
Seems pretty cheap but I’m already enjoying PS+ Benefits.

+ BlooodyCow on March 11th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

What happen to the Agency?

+ hamzaxx on March 11th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

Will you have to pay for it or will it be a free download

+ siegeh on March 11th, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

well you could do something beter you know, but atleast its something for the kids

+ TorgoTime on March 11th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

/dance

+ mustbehiggy on March 11th, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

wow wow wow @ how many idiots asked the same question 20times. “will pc account work on ps3″ seriously people, it was asked by twice by like the 10th question. How about saving the guy some time and just ask questions that haven’t been answered.

Either way, seems pretty cool lol

+ NewEra_Jessy on March 11th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

Cool

+ NotoriousGamer on March 11th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

Does the free version of the game offer users the chance to unlock trophies or do users have to upgrade to membership to be able to unlock any trophies??

+ madagus on March 12th, 2011 at 12:53 am said:

its awesome to see this game come over from the pc. i hae it planed to get this and have the lifetime membership..

quick question though. will this have a platinum trophy or just gold as the highest trophy grade

+ Zeer0id on March 12th, 2011 at 4:30 am said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, as a dedicated MMO opponent, but I’m probably going to end up wasting a -lot- of time on this thing. And Trophies, too! Consider me sold… so to speak.

+ Rikith on March 12th, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

SOE needs to bring on Everquest, will probably check this out but seems a little to childish/cartoonish for me.

+ lanbo87 on March 12th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

seems cool. was never able to play it on the comp cause of my graphic card. i don’t know why but was never able to upgrade it. but what can you do.

+ maniakpt3 on March 12th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

kool

+ zacs_backup on March 12th, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

ok really good idea.
will it work with a usb keyboard and a usb mouse

+ InfraRedSkittle on March 12th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

Never played this, but I’m gonna have to try it out. Can’t go wrong with FREE!

+ Lara_Croft_GodHD on March 12th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

well this game have cross platform ps3 with pc and mac ? or no ?

+ boobinz on March 12th, 2011 at 11:23 pm said:

looks like a blast…way to go sony…thank you!!! woooot

+ GoreDrenchedGirl on March 13th, 2011 at 12:52 am said:

Will the Free Realms Trading Card Game be available on Free Realms for the PS3 as well? Buying booster packs as you would in the PC version as well?

+ MagiPL on March 13th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Will it be available in Europe?

+ jmtstan1138 on March 13th, 2011 at 7:05 pm said:

played it on the PC version and love it. will there be an Asian version?

+ pblock1234 on March 13th, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

does this mean we have to make new accounts because i was reading some of the commments and all that so i might be wrong, O and um do we get to record? and post oline?

+ juggalorider on March 13th, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

@15 same here, i deleted most of my stuff off my ps3 but it said i only had 7GB left but i only had no more than 13GB saved on my HDD, i only now since i copied most of the stuff i needed an reformated my HDD now its fine, i hope!

1 question for about this, will it have a free trial like the PC does, i tried it along with some other PC games but im not a fan of PC gameing, but i also wanna try this first before i even think of putting out money for it

+ chivaloca11 on March 13th, 2011 at 10:28 pm said:

can we play with people on the pc

+ ImDoneItsOver on March 14th, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

TCG anyone?? Will the Free Realms TCG be included in the PS3 Version? The game has great balance and a very inovative game play system Id love to see it make a return, come on SONY.

+ Elvick_ on March 14th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

I think it’s fairly lame that I can’t transfer my account. I’m just glad I quit playing early on then, because I’d be furious to get really far and do a ton and not be able to bring it along to the PS3 with me, since that’s what I’ve been waiting on forever.

+ Emerald_Swords on March 14th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

WOW this looks amazing and FREE !!! Sweet, if i enjoy it enough i’ll gladly hand over some cash to you guys.

+ TarzanSr on March 14th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

Is there any one time fee for the game? Or is it free to download and free to play?

+ WARRIOR_4_JC on March 14th, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

This is Great. My nephew loves this game on the PC. I am sure we will have some fun. Is it co-op by any chance? Thanks

+ TotallyOriginal on March 14th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

how about WoW on the ps3?

+ OahuGrown on March 15th, 2011 at 3:21 am said:

I am totally stoked. Playing the PC version couple years ago when it launched, i knew this was THE ONE. I am very happy that this is finally going to see the light of day one the PS3. Cheers!

+ sneakycow27 on March 15th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

this is so cool!

+ GuN_wIzArD on March 16th, 2011 at 2:11 pm said:

Please tell me your not going to cap the free players up to level 5 please!!!

+ Frostquake on March 25th, 2011 at 7:31 am said:

I still have codes to use for Free Realms, from the trading cards, will they work on the PS3 version??

+ zemorph42 on March 26th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Ok, so will I be able to use the same e-mail to create a free realms acct on psn?

+ zemorph42 on March 26th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

And are there other free MMOs being considered for the PSN?

+ MEH2A on March 27th, 2011 at 9:45 pm said:

Never in Psn.EU ?

+ DaGimp13 on March 28th, 2011 at 4:01 am said:

while it’s great that SOE is offering a free mmo for PS3, they proves they bungled the DC Universe Online. with the issues that game has, I had to cancel my sub for it, didnt even have headset capability after a month, pathetic…. Anyways, If SOE and SCEA had used the same marketing plan for DC Universe as they are for this game, it would have been a lot more successful, and not as many people P.O.’ed about not being able to purchase lifetime memberships on PS3 compared to PC. think about it, playing for 3 years on PS3, costs double a lifetime fee does on PC, and it sucks. Maybe it would be a smarter idea to make those who don’t have PS Plus play on fee servers, while PS Plus members would get a faster, private server to play on, though the 2 servers would obviously have to communicate with each other. And another thing, where is today’s VR helmets to go with the awesome PS3 graphics? its the only way to submerse us more…

+ Eagle7D8 on March 28th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

Only free till level 4? that sounds horrible. I already pay a monthly fee for another MMO so I dont want to pay for a so called “free” MMO. Guess I’ll stick with Guild Wars for a free MMO.

+ Slovo87 on March 28th, 2011 at 10:41 pm said:

It’s the 29th :)

Where’s mah Free Realmz?! :P

But seriously, anyone know an actual time when it goes live?

+ Khriz134 on March 29th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

If theres going to be trophies how would it work??
F2P could get trophies or you have to subscriibe to activate trophies( like a Game Trial)??
please and thank you for youre answer

+ FLGATORFAN62 on March 29th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

i’ve been waiting all day for free realms to be available to the psn store. still nothing can you give us a round about time that it will be there?

+ terrasnet on March 29th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

29th weres is it

+ Astroking112 on March 29th, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

It won’t load the game for me. I tried playing Free Realms on my PS3 (I had always been wanting to play this game, but didn’t have a home computer fast enough to download it, an was overjoyed when I heard about this.) It keeps on saying “Could not launch the game X Retry” and if I hit cancel it says latest version of game is needed to play. Then why did I wait 40 minutes for the game to download?!?

+ Ex_SoldierVII on March 29th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Ok I just downloaded the game and at the end of the update it says could not launch game, I restarted system went to system update and I’m up to date. It still won’t work says can’t launch game. Does any one know what’s up?

+ GibbShift on March 29th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

$34 for a lifetime pass for a free game? How could I not get this? How big is the file/download for Free Realms?

+ Astroking112 on March 30th, 2011 at 5:47 am said:

Why can’t I get on the game? All it says is the game can not load, but then after ten minutes of retrying it says update servers are down for maitenence. Please make it to where you don’t need the latest update to play the game, or fix this issue!

+ levonepure on March 30th, 2011 at 6:16 am said:

So the PS3 and PC version are not linked to each other. Need separate accounts for each.
Much like Sony to take a good idea and suck it up.
Way to go.

Wont be using this until your devs quit being lazy (“Unfortunately, the logistics involved with synchronized publishes and account linking make it impractical.”) and add a linking feature.

Good for new people I guess.

PAGE 1 2 3