LittleBigPlanet 3

Edge and Schick Bring DLC for inFAMOUS 2, Killzone 3, GT5

JT Pierce's Avatar + Posted by JT Pierce on Mar 15, 2011 // Senior Marketing Partnership Specialist, SCEA

Some of the biggest franchises ever to hit PlayStation have had caused quite a buzz over the last few months. Gran Turismo 5 and Killzone 3 are both runaway successes. And with anticipation building for inFAMOUS 2, we’ve been hard at work looking for ways to help up the ante in your AAA action.

Limited Edition PS3 Packs from Schick Quattro Titanium and Edge

That’s why we’ve joined forces with Edge and Schick to help you get more of an edge in your life and your gameplay. This week, special edition Edge Shave Gel and Schick Quatro products are hitting store shelves nationwide. These custom Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5 and inFAMOUS 2 packages are more than just collector’s items. Enter the on-pack code at edgeshave.com/ps3 and get your hands on your choice of downloadable content including:

• A Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack featuring two popular maps from Killzone 2 OR three Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice
  • A customized Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special” for Gran Turismo 5
  • A special “Sniper Blast” in-game power for inFAMOUS 2. The long-range blast has a narrow area of effect to better equip you to take-on the enemy when inFAMOUS 2 arrives in June.

customized Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special” for Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5: Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special”

inFAMOUS 2 Sniper Blast

inFAMOUS 2: In game power: Sniper Blast

Killzone 3 Retro Map PackKillzone 3 Retro Map Pack

Killzone 3: Retro Map Pack OR Unlock Points

These special edition Edge and Schick products are available beginning today at select local retailers. You can head here for additional details.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Edd on March 15th, 2011 at 6:08 am said:

Nice, always cool to get extra incentives like this, and all the stuff is good stuff! Thanks Sony. : )

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Thank you! We will keep the good stuff comin’.

+ XMbeaner on March 15th, 2011 at 6:09 am said:

Time to get my shave on, and I don’t mean my face.

+ digitalman123 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:09 am said:

I’d sure like that Sniper Blast. So, it’s basically a long-range electric-ball launcher? Need to preorder the Hero Edition soon…

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

Yeah, you’re pretty spot on with the Sniper Blast in game power. It’s great for blasting enemies off rooftops or knocking guys down across the street.

+ Halon_50 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:10 am said:

Buy a $5 razor, get the $5 KZ3 map pack? I’m in!

+ Midgetguy on March 15th, 2011 at 6:12 am said:

I’m not going to lie… this is actually pretty cool! = P

+ Reginthorn on March 15th, 2011 at 6:13 am said:

Woooaa this is awesome! Nice promotion.

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

Thanks!

+ DMPrince on March 15th, 2011 at 6:14 am said:

way to be sexist.

+ matt_123_caygeon on March 15th, 2011 at 6:17 am said:

thats such a good idea!!!…… in canada too????

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

Unfortunately, packs will only be available in the US. We’ll put a call in to our friends north of the border and let them know Canada wants this stuff!

+ Nintendo451 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:17 am said:

Will this be exclusive stuff, or will it be available later. Like the KZ3 map, those can be bought on the PSN Store. GT5 makes sense because it’s a car. But what about the inFamous 2 thing? Will that actually be available in the game, and this just gets you it early? I don’t like how this would be the ONLY way to get it otherwise…

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:11 pm said:

The KZ3 map pack can be purchased on the PlayStation Store. The GT5 car is only available through this program, although the Chevy Camaro SS is available in game (just not the Edge Special).

The inFAMOUS2 Sniper Blast will be available in game, this will just let you get it early.

If you do get your hands on an inFAMOUS2 activation code, hold on to it until the game releases in June.

+ ItaChu on March 15th, 2011 at 6:24 am said:

Is this gonna be available in Puerto Rico as well or just the US???

+ ZFM12 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:25 am said:

Either way i’m in

+ Kesshou on March 15th, 2011 at 6:26 am said:

Damn… I’m going to be buying men’s products for this inFamous 2 haha

+ Dosx001 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:28 am said:

so we buy it and we get no “sorry u did not win” crap

+ Christian399 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:32 am said:

Totally annoying that we still don’t have a WKC 2/ PSP announcement. This is supposed to be a social blog, fueled by community and Sony interaction. Numerous questions and posts on the topic of these two games getting a domestic release have been flat out ignored. A bit of an affront really.

+ kirafung on March 15th, 2011 at 6:35 am said:

Time to buy new shaving cream and razor :)
But is it sweepstakes or will we get the code per item purchased?

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

It is not a sweepstakes. On Edge cans, there is a UPC code that you will enter online, and on Schick packages, there is a code in the razor packs.

Enter your codes at http://edgeshave.com/#!/ps3Giveaway and you will get a PSN voucher code back (while supplies last, of course).

+ Vengeful-Chaos on March 15th, 2011 at 6:38 am said:

I don’t want to shave my beard just yet, I’m going for a Tom Hanks cast away look at the moment. But I will consider buying the razors for infamous 2 if the sniper shot can’t be acquired at a later date. Is it a one time thing?

I haven’t posted in quite some time, things have certainly changed a bunch(I likes it, a lot)! Still have my Psblog shirt with my I’d on it, nothing accentuates my inner nerd / love for Sony like that shirt!

+ whitwhit on March 15th, 2011 at 6:38 am said:

great news!

+ NMEIMAGE on March 15th, 2011 at 6:39 am said:

Ok. So for KZ3 you get map pack or 3 points. I have the DLC maps, so if I want 3 unlock points but rcvd 3 unlock points with preorder, can I get 3 more? Can I get multiples? In other words can I add multiple 3 unlock point codes to my MP? If yes, I am soooo there!

+ BanzaiHeil on March 15th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

This is a fantastic way to get all of us “basement dwellers” to lose the stereotypical neck-beard!

+ luciFOUR on March 15th, 2011 at 6:40 am said:

@15
I believe it’s for every product, not a sweepstakes type event. However, what concerns me is that it says “on-pack code”, which means it could be on the back. So I could just walk into a store, look at the back for the code, write it down, and enter it when I get home without buying anything. Unless this is like a PSN card where it doesn’t become active until I buy it. I don’t know, just throwing that out there.

+ NamesIrish13 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

That is great. You have to shave, and now you get a bonus. Good for me as I already use those products.

+ NoobianGod on March 15th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

Lucky for me a new razor is in my future. Look out far away enemies here comes my electric sharp shooting power!

+ kirafung on March 15th, 2011 at 6:46 am said:

@20

Thanks for the info.
I think the code will be hidden inside the package (eg: under the cap of the shaving cream), going to check it out later today.

+ NMEIMAGE on March 15th, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

My wife coupon shops and stockpiles this for cents on the dollar. I already have plenty of this, but a few more codes can’t hurt at all. The code is probably under a label or scratch off and not in plain sight. This ain’t these companies first rodeo. They know about promo code stealers. On pack probably just means you don’t have to mail in anything to get your code.

+ davidbeaudin on March 15th, 2011 at 6:48 am said:

is this for US only ?
or we canadians can get those codes also

+ morph147 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:52 am said:

nice. now i need to decide if i actually want to use shaving gel or a nonelectric razor

+ Legit_Legend45 on March 15th, 2011 at 6:56 am said:

I CANT WAIT TILL INFAMOUS 2 COMES OUT I BEAT THE FIRST ONE IN 2 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ MoneyMaker110 on March 15th, 2011 at 7:05 am said:

this is cool but i don’t shave. i have the beard for it i just won’t do it. also for anyone wondering about kz3 points they will accumulate, my brother let me have his from the ps home thing and i had my own.

+ aceghost on March 15th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

i’m in to.. Hope it is in canada

+ letherclad on March 15th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

This is pretty sweet, I use schick products and play all three of those games, I’ll have to stock up on shaving supplies :)

+ GILLIGAN- on March 15th, 2011 at 7:16 am said:

Is there a preorder bonus from gamestop or can I download the razors?

+ Busca-Cabezas on March 15th, 2011 at 7:24 am said:

I really want that Gran Turismo 5: Chevy Camaro SS “Edge Special”!!! Is the only thing I really want!! The KZ3 item I have! I even have and the inFAMOUS item is pretty sweet but that Chevy… Vrrrooooooommm!!!!

JT Pierce's Avatar

+ JT Pierce on March 15th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

The car is super sharp. Follow us on Twitter and you’ll see some more pics of the car in the next couple weeks!

+ Voodoo_Lou on March 15th, 2011 at 7:24 am said:

Nice. Guess I’ll have to keep an eye out for one of those.

+ HMS_Victor on March 15th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

They all look so good. But I’m guessing this won’t be happening in the UK since Sony continue to ignore the fact that people live outside the US, right?

+ jacob-813 on March 15th, 2011 at 7:35 am said:

To bad I can’t shave yet……

+ remanutd5 on March 15th, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

i just bought a braun series 7 , 790cc-4 yesterday , very happy with it

+ rbanke on March 15th, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

Because nothing says gaming like razor blades and shaving cream!

+ luciFOUR on March 15th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

@kirafung
No problem, plus I like your avatar.

Yeah I kinda figured they’d put it inside the packages, just the “on-pack” wording made it sound like it was outside

@GILLAGIN
HAHAHA, love that, thanks for the laugh

+ AbaddonTheFallen on March 15th, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

Is the sniper blast going to be included in the Hero Edition? The super voucher is basically for all of the DLC, but doesn’t list this specifically (maybe just because it’s new?). I’ve got the Hero Edition preordered and rarely shave, so I’d rather not buy a razor, but that sniper blast looks nice.

+ Zarxce on March 15th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

Awesome. I actually could use a new razor and shave gel. But knowing my luck, I’ll never see these up here in Canada…

+ Hellman on March 15th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

You need to do more advertising like this!

+ morrislevy on March 15th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

It was SO hard to find any of these in New England! I live on the NH / VT border, and there is almost nothing as far as specials like this! Please push Gillette to ship more to New England!

+ Groovy341 on March 15th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

I shave with a straight razor. Is there any way to get a Dovo or Thiers Issard custom GT5 car? Lol

+ jacobeid on March 15th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

Wow this is pretty awesome. I’m definitely going to pick up the infamous 2 pack. Maybe GT5 though. Infamous 2 is looking like it’ll keep me busy this entire summer. So excited!

+ KSPRAYDAD on March 15th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

@42…that would be a great idea…except this promo is from Schick :P
(owned by Energizer by the way)

+ shades909 on March 15th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Let me guess Canada is ignored once more ?

+ jqtaxpayer on March 15th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

@7: Women shave too… if they’re not gross anyway. Nothing sexist about it.

+ radiantshadow92 on March 15th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

I just wanted to know if the infamous 2 sniper shot comes with the hero edition?

Either way, nice advertisement.

+ mywhitenoise on March 15th, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

How come I can’t login to blog.us.playstation.com? I can find posts like this one (because they’re linked), but I can’t make it to the front page.
I’m on firefox on Windows XP. At home I use Firefox on MacOS X, and can enter the blogs main page.

+ arcadean1 on March 15th, 2011 at 9:52 am said:

Nice promo, keep them comin’! As a playstation fan it would be cool to have a section of a blog to share thoughts on the crisis in Japan and to let Sony staff over there know that only thinking of them with relation to gaming.

PAGE 1 2 3