PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Coming to PlayStation Plus: SOCOM 4 Beta for free, Ricochet HD discount & Split Second full game trial

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Mar 16, 2011 // Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone,

First off, we have a couple merchandise updates: the bonus offer PlayStation Plus subscribers get when they sign up for the 1 year package is ending on 3/29, so the next few weeks mark the last time you’ll be able to take advantage of this opportunity! Additionally, the previously announced full game trial for MAG is getting switched to a MAG demo for all PSN subscribers. The MAG demo comes down on March 29.

Second, we’d like to preview our upcoming publishes by calling out some of the free games, huge discounts and exciting exclusives coming your way over the next couple weeks.

SOCOM 4: Co-op

Free Games
PlayStation Plus subscribers will get SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Beta, along with the PlayStation Move Heroes full game trial for free in the March 22 publish.

Then on March 29, Plus subscribers will get Comet Crash and Vector TD for free! Take back your comet from the enemy in Comet Crash using build turrets, lasers, and a number of other units to obliterate your foes, or join up with a few friends in Co-op mode to fight together. Players can also go head-to-head in Versus mode and see who is worthy of conquering the massive Comet.

Huge Discounts
On March 29 you get Ricochet HD, the futuristic brick-breaking title, for a whopping 75% off the regular store price! Ricochet HD offers 150 levels of action, and the 10 unique planetary vistas are certainly easy on the eyes.

We’re also offering the classic PSone snowboarding title Cool Boarder 2 at a 50% discount starting on the 29th.
Starting on March 22, we’re offering a 20% discount on Swarm, but this offer will only last for two weeks.

Split/Second Airport

Exciting Exclusives
For all the X-Men, Iron Man, and Street Fighter fans out there we’re offering Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds 38 Avatars bundle exclusively to Plus subscribers on the 29th.

Were also offering Plus subscribers exclusive access to the full game trial for Split Second on the 29th. Navigate your way through explosions, plane crashes and building collapses as you race for money and fame.

As always be sure to check the full list of new items as well as items that are being taken down from the PlayStation Plus storefronts below:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 3/22:

Full Game Trial

• PlayStation Move Heroes

Featured Games

• SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs Multiplayer Beta (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)

Discounted Games & DLC

• Swarm Full Game (PlayStation Plus price $11.99, regular price $14.99)
  • Mini Squadron PlayStation minis (PlayStation Plus price $1.00, regular price $1.99)
  • Wakeboarding HD (PlayStation Plus price $3.99, regular price $4.99)

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 3/29:

Full Game Trial

• Split Second

Featured Games

• Comet Crash (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)
  • A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $1.99)
  • Vector TD (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99)
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $9.99)

Discounted Games & DLC

• Cool Boarder 2 (PSOne) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
  • Ricochet HD (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $9.99)

Featured Themes & Avatars

• Fish Tank Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • Molecules Static Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
  • Marvel Vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds 38 Avatars bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $3.99)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on March 22:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PS3 Game (Castle Crashers) (PlayStation Plus Price $7.50, regular price $14.99)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PSN Exclusive Game (Dead nation) (PlayStation Plus price $7.50, regular price $14.99)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best PSP Game (God of War: Ghost of Sparta) (PlayStation Plus price $20.00, regular price $39.99)
  • PSN Gamers’ Choice Award winner: Best Mini (Age of Zombies) (PlayStation Plus price $2.50, regular price $4.99)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on March 29:

Featured Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• MAG Demo

Discounted Games/DLC

• Spyro Year of the Dragon (PSOne) (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $5.99)
  • Enigmo PlayStation minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $3.99)
  • Pix’n Love Rush PlayStation minis (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.49)
  • PSN Holiday Dynamic Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $2.99)
  • Blast Factor (PlayStation Plus price $2.00, regular price $9.99)
  • Liquid Metal Static Theme (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers, regular price $1.49)

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Cat_Corye on March 16th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Sweet, sounds all good to me.

+ megaFdeth on March 16th, 2011 at 3:16 pm said:

Looking forward to the SOCOM demo to see if I bite the bullet on the Full Deployment Edition.

+ Despair-Amit on March 16th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

hmm some repeat offers for PS+ members like Abe’s Exoddus and space shooter for 2 bucks, plus I already own Comet Crash lol not a problem though. Socom 4 beta will probably take up all my time :)

+ NotoriousGamer on March 16th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Wasn’t Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus available just 2 months ago for Plus? Why is it repeated?Give me the choice on something to pick between so I can play wat I want.

+ Swedish-Gangster on March 16th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

is there going to be any resubscribing deals for plus members who are finishing their 1 year subscription? need to know if not going to buy another year with the 3 months before its gone.

+ StargamerX on March 16th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Cool, was interested in Comet Crash. Disappointing to see repeated content, but hey I’ll take the free PSN game.

+ Blade133 on March 16th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

Didn’t we already get A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks! for free? Regardless, I’ll be looking forward to the next couple of updates. Keep up the great work!

+ Gamecamiller on March 16th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

So much sweet stuff coming! :D Love it! Keep it coming!

+ drew713 on March 16th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

So PS+ is published every week now instead of every two weeks?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on March 16th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

PlayStation Plus is still on a publish schedule of every other week. Occasionally there are deals like early access demos/betas, Day 1 releases, additional discounts to sale offers that we don’t want PS+ subscribers to miss out on that will sometimes fall outside a normal PS+ update.

+ Zaike on March 16th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

@Blade133

May you please tell me how you got that avatar?

+ Blade133 on March 16th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

@Zaike
Through the PlayStation Rewards Beta. I believe that the program will be launching to the public soon.

+ John-Shooter on March 16th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

i’ll try the socom beta and comet crash other than that im already sold on move heroe’s and i didnt care much for split second.. burnout paradise and gt5 are 100x better by far

+ xjordan93 on March 16th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

why the repeats so soon? i can see maybe the next year but we just got those a few months ago. and is the socom beta move enabled?

+ SpyDudeFX on March 16th, 2011 at 3:40 pm said:

So more recycled games? lol We just got Oddworld on 11/16, Vector on 11/30 and A Space Shooter on 12/21. Avatar bundles are good but what about exclusive avatars that are only available to Plus?

+ John-Shooter on March 16th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

try gettin more titles that are actually somewhat new guys.. i already own 70% of the games that are offered as GT’s already

+ Christian399 on March 16th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

WHERE’S WKC2/ PSP?

An announcement, a picture, anything?

(sad face)

I’m not shouting, but the only italics option I’ve ever seen on here was an error in the Legend of Heroes post a few articles back.

I’m digging this content for + members.

Oh, and keep the DL FULL retail games coming. That’s the only thing that “you know who” has over the PSN – I could care less about X-game chat, I predominantly play RPGs (Ar Tonelico 3 in the mail as we speak!)

+ ihatereading369 on March 16th, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

Not a huge RTS fan, so Comet Crash doesn’t do much for me… but it is nice to see that were still getting free games outside of the Sega Collection stuff. Personally, the trials for Split Second and Move Heroes have me most excited. Always wanted to try SS and Move Heroes looks like it could be cool as well.

+ TomHoang on March 16th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

Wait, so Playstation Move Heroes is going to be releasing on PSN alongside its retail release? If we buy it on PSN within the first week, will we still get the DLC costumes?

I’ve had this game pre-ordered on Amazon for a while, but it’s not scheduled to arrive until the 25th. Getting it day 1 on PSN would be great.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on March 16th, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

Hi ihatereading369 – Good question, the DLC costumes you’re referring to were for pre-orders only so no those are not included with the game if you purchase it at retail or on PS Store on Day 1.

+ Pulseman on March 16th, 2011 at 3:47 pm said:

Hopefully they just made a copy and paste error!? I will probably stop my PS+ membership if their intent is to start recycling content.

+ Lara_Croft_GodHD on March 16th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

aww yeah baby Socom 4 btet on it’s way just arouned the block hahahaha next tuesday the 22 Tomb Raider Trilogy comes out as will and following that im hosting a party event look on the forums under playstation home club and events section peace out yall

+ Grouken on March 16th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

Where are the free avatars?

+ Zacky-V-A7X on March 16th, 2011 at 3:54 pm said:

i want to play socom 4 beta!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DZORMAGEN on March 16th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

If you don’t have PS+ by now, you are not #WINNING

+ DZORMAGEN on March 16th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

I already have PS+ so I am, Duh, WINNING!

+ VenomXv on March 16th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

Joined PS+ for the MK demo a few week ago, but these beta invites/game trials really make it worth paying for.

+ Yohmaru_EX on March 16th, 2011 at 4:08 pm said:

Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus AGAIN?? No please, 3 month with SPYRO and now a repeated content, please sony don’t do this with us. There are a lot of ps1 games, why not a resident evil 3 or some diferent game??? I don’t care if you repeat some minis, I don’t play minis, but a ps1 game, please don’t do that!!!

+ airiyon on March 16th, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

socom sharpshooter allday yoooo

+ Zacky-V-A7X on March 16th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

i already have PS+ :)

+ TomHoang on March 16th, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

Can someone answer my question about PS Move heroes on PSN ASAP? I need to know so I can cancel my Amazon pre-order and buy it on PSN instead. I want to support the network :)

+ corey2788 on March 16th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

Awesome cant wait for Socom BETA!!!!

+ DarkRecoil on March 16th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

Split second? …..how about GT5 instead :)

+ wolfzero1 on March 16th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

that sucks, I already have Abe’s Exodus

+ Taco_Grande on March 16th, 2011 at 4:32 pm said:

Well that is a pretty insulting update to expect. I’m sure I can speak for some of the subscribers of PS Plus in displaying my disgust for the fact that 3 of the 4 free games being offered again, were offered a few mere months ago. I acknowledge the possibility of new members who have joined may be interested in those games, and did not have the opportunity to get them. But I have been a member of PS Plus since July 2010. This has happened a few times already and it has not even been a full year yet since the service has first begun. For $50 dollars a year, I know it would be silly to expect a lot, but this is just plain disappointing to the point I have to laugh and shake my head.

Yet oddly enough, after the repeat of the events that has inconvenienced me so much, I still wouldn’t cancel my subscription. I guess the joke is on me.

-Taco

+ darkclouds01 on March 16th, 2011 at 4:34 pm said:

this is ridiculous. why are you repeating content. we already received Exoddus, space shooter for 2 bucks and VectorTD. Making me think twice about renewing my subscription.

+ digitalman123 on March 16th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

Holy censorship! 38 MvC3 avatars??? Heck yeah! Glad I got me some cash…

+ KazeEternal on March 16th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

upsetting that the Socom 4 Beta comes with KZ3 and with PS+. I have both…. feels like some how one or the other belittles the bonus of either.

+ rjejr on March 16th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

re TomHoang – I don’t see where they are offering PMH as a DL, it’s just a 1 hr. trial.

Thanks to everyone – who has pointed out that we already received Shooter, Vector TD and Abe. I’m sorry, I have been getting alot of value out of PS+ so far, but I signed up for a 1 year membership to get a 1 year membership, not to get a revolving 3 month membership 4 times. It’s bad enough alot of people have already purchased the stuff you are giving away so no benefit to them, but to give us the same stuff you already gave us!?!!?. Insulting at best, criminal at worst.

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 16th, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

Twice the same content?…. not really nice… Nothing more for the month it seems, well, I least we got stacking, and it’s really good! =D

+ PATHFINDER_78 on March 16th, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

Will Playstation+ member that are 1 year and 3 month memberships be getting the Socom Beta on the 22nd?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Kristi Fernandez on March 16th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Hi Senjutsu_Dav – Yes all PlayStation Plus subscribers will get the SOCOM 4 Beta. It will be in the PS Plus area of PlayStation Store starting 3/22.

+ rjejr on March 16th, 2011 at 4:51 pm said:

Wow, replies on the blog? Kristi be careful if Grace gives you pat on the back, it’s probably a “KICK ME” sign.

+ NeoHumpty on March 16th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

Holy crap. Not a single thing that’s good for me. Already beat or decided not to play everything on this list. Oh, well. Better luck next month. Maybe a nice little surprise will slip in somewhere.

+ PhantomOfPanton on March 16th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

@Pathfiner, why wouldn’t they? lulz

And DAYMM, I need to get PS+
Betas are priceless!

+ silverthehedgeh on March 16th, 2011 at 4:54 pm said:

when will killzone 3 avatars be added to plus, i saw them on eu and ive been wanting them before kz3 came out, and sad to see it in eu only

+ El_Hoardo on March 16th, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?

Three out of the four games we get for free next month are repeats?

I’ll be calling customer service and demanding a refund for the month or an extension of my subscription. This is unacceptable.

+ Zacky-V-A7X on March 16th, 2011 at 5:03 pm said:

killzone 3 avatars please :)

+ DeathGazer on March 16th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

Sucks for long-time subscribers that some of the games are repeats.

I signed up last month these are all new for me :-)

+ ArcaneAltair on March 16th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

Some of these games have already been offered..

Other than that, not too bad.

+ Radi0aktiveToy on March 16th, 2011 at 5:17 pm said:

I’m glad I only signed up for 3 months to play Stacking, because the last 4 updates have been a complete let down. Early demo access and select game discounts seem to be the status quo for PS+ for the near future. Getting year and a half old PSN games isn’t the same as being able to play newer titles like Stacking or the entire Sam & Max run a few months back. I will not be nenewing. Also, I’m glad I didn’t sign up for the 15 months because repeats are beginning.

+ evildude683 on March 16th, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

Man I’m really considering becoming a PS plus subscriber, plenty of great stuff very cool prices

PAGE 1 2 3 4