PS4-The Order

The Drop: Week of March 21st 2011 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Mar 20, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Our first-party domination continues with PlayStation Move Heroes dropping this week. When six of PlayStation‘s iconic heroes team up to take on evil, the fanboy in me can get into a wired up tizzy. Especially when Ratchet and Jak are on the box cover with a giant PlayStation Move sticker to sweeten up the deal.

A raider of tombs, receives her own remastering in high definition on Blu-Ray this week with Tomb Raider Legends and Tomb Raider Anniversary dawn a polygonal refresh. Toss in a ton of extras and Tomb Raider Underworld, and you’ve got yourself a PlayStation collection ripe with content.

The PlayStation Network brings a wealth of titles and demos as well, continuing the trend each and every week of mammoth releases. This week’s The Drop promises to entice and please your gaming taste-buds.

PlayStation Move

PlayStation Move Heroes — Together for the first time, PlayStation’s legendary heroes Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, Sly and Bentley, ban together to defeat a villainous duo in this wildly humorous adventure for the PlayStation Move. By using the PlayStation Move motion controller and The PlayStation Move navigation controller, players now have the unique experience of becoming one of their favorite PlayStation characters as they control their every move throughout the game. Players will smash, hurl and shoot their way through imaginative puzzles and challenges as the heroes team up against their new enemies.

A mysterious and evil force has crept into the galaxy, maliciously steeling entire cities and environments from Ratchet, Jak and Sly’s worlds. Stopping at nothing, this fiendish enemy enslaves a race of peaceful space creatures and puts the entire galaxy in harm’s way. Our loveable and fearless heroes find themselves joined together in the ultimate battle to protect the galaxy and in the fight for their own survival.

PlayStation 3

Crysis 2 — (Stereoscopic 3D) Whether played in 3D or standard 2D, Crysis 2 drops players into a devastated New York in the midst of an attack by a frightening alien species. The alien enemies are armed with deadly weaponry and exceptional sensory abilities that test players’ skill and push them to the limit. These terrifying invaders stalk the streets of New York, leaving the streets in chaos and the skyline in flaming ruin.

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars — LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars includes all the characters from both seasons of the hugely popular animated television series, Star Wars: The Clone Wars, as well as some fan-favourite characters from the beloved theatrical Star Wars Saga. The game features brand new battle modes, giving players unique, head-to-head combat and an upgraded level builder, allowing the creation of customized bases and in-game battlefields.

Tomb Raider Trilogy — Exclusively for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, this triple-pack of Lara Croft adventures includes Tomb Raider Legend and Tomb Raider Anniversary — both newly remastered in HD quality — as well as Tomb Raider Underworld, previously released on PlayStation 3. A number of items were also created exclusively for this pack, including a Tomb Raider Trilogy PlayStation 3 theme pack, the official Lara Croft female Home avatar outfit, the Viking Thrall male Home avatar outfit and a collection of “making of” trailers in HD for the entire series.

Dynasty Warrior 7 (Stereoscopic 3D) — Based on the epic novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, the genre-defining Dynasty Warriors series depicts the massive battles ignited by the fall of the Han Dynasty when three rebellious states moved to overthrow the Emperor of China. Incredible might and power of warriors is born again in this seventh chapter of the dynasties with Shu, Wei, Wu and the new Kingdom of Jin, the state that superseded the Three Kingdoms period. Dynasty Warriors 7 will embrace new technology with full stereoscopic 3D.

Mayhem 3D — Mayhem is a fast paced arcade racing and car destruction game. The inspiration for the game comes from two distinct types of events: Demolition Derby and Banger Racing.

PlayStation Network

DC Universe Online — A massively-multiplayer experience, DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of your personally created heroes and villains at your disposal. Battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil.

Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime — Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime is a four player, ghost-busting adventure that will take players on a brand new paranormal experience. Gamers will suit up with their proton packs and assume the role of a rookie hired by the Ghostbusters to save New York City from a disaster of ghoulish proportions.

Swarm — Swarm lets the player take control of 50 utterly fearless Swarmites and drive them through an intense, entertaining and often suicidal battle for a greater good. Run, bash, huddle, boost, stack, jump, push and throw your way through gauntlets of death and destruction in an attempt to collect valuable DNA and ensure that at least one Swarmite survives. With a unique combination of mass character control and fast action, the resulting brutal aftermath will make players want to play Swarm over and over again.

Battle: Los Angeles — Battle: Los Angeles gives players the opportunity to relive the thrill of the movie as they fight alongside characters from the film to defend the city of Los Angeles from attacks from unknown forces in fast and frantic first-person shooter gameplay. Players assume the role of Corporal Lee Imlay, a Marine fighting against a worldwide alien invasion that has the city of Los Angeles as the major battleground and focal point for the game.

PSN Demos

• WWE: All-Stars
  • You Don’t Know Jack
  • Ghostbusters: Sactum of Slime
  • Hoard (PSP Demo)

minis

Doodle Pool – Doodle Pool brings the popular billiards game to the fun-loving casual play generation! US 8 Ball Rules, US 9 Ball Rules and UK 8 Ball Rules. High scores, 1 or 2 Player and Time Attack mode (fastest to clear the table) highlight the realistic modes this game offers, but it is really its unique shooting mechanic and fun approach to casual gameplay that makes Doodle Pool unlike any other billiards game.

MiniSquadron – MiniSquadron is a frantic shooter involving lots of little planes all vying for supremacy of the skies! Perform loop-the-loops, Immelmann turns and other daring feats of aerial shenanigans with a super fluid control system – experience the joy of freedom in the air!

PlayStation Portable

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (Also on PSN) – The dramatic, high-intensity action game that brought together an all-star cast of Final Fantasy characters is back with new enhancements. Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy adds new game modes, story missions, items, alternate costumes and combat features, expanding upon the action and excitement of Dissidia Final Fantasy in every way. This second Dissidia game offers players a unique combination of action-packed fighting game elements and RPG-based character development. Get ready for a new round of all-out brawling with some of the most memorable characters in the gaming world!

Hoard (Also on PSN) – Hoard is a fast-paced action game that promises addictive, thrilling action themed around dragons and their quest for treasure. The game gives players the chance to amass giant piles of gold by raiding medieval commerce, roasting knights with fire-breath, kidnapping princesses, scaring towns, and defeating powerful wizards.

LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars – Play either as a Jedi or Separatist with all-new character abilities, such as Squad command, Lightsaber slicing, Lightsaber jumps, long distance Jedi attacks and Grapple Tie-Ups, all within a new, easy-to-navigate hub.

Naruto Shippuden: Kizuma Drive – Naruto Shippuden: Kizuna Drive pits Naruto and friends against an unseen foe responsible for the disappearance of ninja from Hidden Leaf Village. New characters will descend onto the scene and unexpected plot twists are revealed as players discover who seeks vengeance upon Naruto.

PSone Classics

Legend of Mana – The world of Fa’Diel is a formless mass. It is up to you to create the world, using artifacts that are spread throughout the world. At the beginning of the game, the player must choose a female or male character, a starting weapon, and place to start. Once in the starting area, the player will be able to complete a small quest and find more artifacts. With that done, the new artifacts can be placed on the map to create new areas that have their own unique mini-quests. There is a total of 60 quests and artifacts to discover. The best way to think of all of the stories is to consider them the songs on a record. Individually, they are great; however, when combined they make up something much larger. The world of Fa’Diel will become what you make it in Legend of Mana.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

+ shades909 on March 20th, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

Wow lot of good PS1 classic lately well for rpg fan like me :)

Definitely gonna get Legend of Mana.

+ megamixer on March 20th, 2011 at 8:49 pm said:

Short of some good deals it looks like a big pile of nothing for me this week. Nice to see a YDKJ demo. Would be nicer to see the full game on PSN. Another Square PS1 classic is nice and there’s still plenty left (Brave Fencer, Tobal, Ergheiz…) but how about some more from other companies (including Sony…)?

+ JesterScott on March 20th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

[DELETED] !!!!!! I litteraly just bought Legend of mana TODAY for $36…………… *sigh* oh well whats another $6 to play it on my psp.

+ Astronica on March 20th, 2011 at 9:09 pm said:

gonna go pick up my copy of PS Move Heroes =)

+ nobodies-hero on March 20th, 2011 at 9:40 pm said:

The ps1 classics are getting realy good but I think there are a couple games that are missing and I am not sure if they are even on the radar. But Monster Ranchers and Bushido Blade were two of my favorite games as a kid and I think they deserve a spot on psn.

+ ynnos9779 on March 20th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Just sent *fhirst and last option* on japan. just got 90 downloadeable ps3 games now *smirk* that rounds me upp to about above 200ps3 games. looking forward to dissidia, naruto and mana. n one thing…my bigest ps3 wishes, is to find castlevania symphony of the night and….ALL ps3 games get trophy!! *drool* : P love my ps3 n may it “live long and prospher” ^^ best wishes from the day ps1 was born ive always suported you<3

+ ElektroDragon on March 20th, 2011 at 9:58 pm said:

Can we please get Dragon Warrior/Quest VII for PS1?

+ narrow101 on March 20th, 2011 at 10:20 pm said:

Any idea how much dissidia 2 will be?

+ mf_ghost_414 on March 20th, 2011 at 10:34 pm said:

Don’t buy a new game without donating some dough to Japan FIRST!

+ Enigma777 on March 20th, 2011 at 10:57 pm said:

Whaaaaa? A PSP Square Enix game on the PSN?!

I must be dreaming…

+ Velzorn on March 20th, 2011 at 11:50 pm said:

The new layout makes The Drop look way better! Nice to finally see the pictures next to games instead of above them and all the different categories grouped neatly. Excellent design.

+ Velzorn on March 20th, 2011 at 11:54 pm said:

Also I have to ask. Are us Playstation fans ever going to get new Killzone avatars? Why no ISA and Helghast avatars for Killzone 3? It’s your first big title of the year and no avatars or themes? Where’s the support?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on March 21st, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

I’m glad you like it! I’m always experimenting in this corner of the blog.

+ ChocoboJoseph on March 20th, 2011 at 11:54 pm said:

How to you get into a silent, yet wired up tizzy?

+ unspoken_ on March 21st, 2011 at 12:05 am said:

Can you tell which games will be on sale this week? I hope Tomb Raider!! :)

+ NOTTULYS on March 21st, 2011 at 12:23 am said:

Definately Dynasty Warriors 7 for me, and maybe Ghostbusters.

+ Ochiudo on March 21st, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

omfg its finally coming!!! my precious legend of mana!!! and only 5.99?! thank you so much.

my original copy got stolen years ago… so sad I was… *tear falls down cheek* but now… now I will always have it.

I am now completely satisfied. there isnt a single psone classic I could want more than legend of mana.

Thank you so much for bringing this wonderful game to us.

+ Jsynz on March 21st, 2011 at 12:50 am said:

Any idea when you guys are going to release “Dungeon Defenders”?
I’ve been waiting for that for awhile, but i guess until them. LoM it is.

+ ATFrez on March 21st, 2011 at 1:21 am said:

Perhaps the most futile of all requests, but I’ll post it anyway. I (along with many others) would like to see Legend of Legaia released as a PS1 Classic.

+ metalgearfloppy on March 21st, 2011 at 2:11 am said:

PsOne classics needs Parappa the Rappa… NEEDS IT I TELLS YA!!!!

+ Superstone on March 21st, 2011 at 2:25 am said:

WHERE ARE THE TURBOGRAFX GAMES? SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

+ VietKnight on March 21st, 2011 at 2:47 am said:

Dynasty Warriors 7 is delayed for next week on the 29th read it on http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/ and on http://www.tecmokoeiamerica.com/dw7/

+ k1ngsnak3 on March 21st, 2011 at 3:41 am said:

Wow, this is like a reward for putting in hard work running our booth at C2E2! I need to play catch-up on the releases from the last two weeks. Thanks Sony!

+ LordAbsu on March 21st, 2011 at 4:02 am said:

Ooooh, I like the thought of Dragon Quest VII on PSOne Classics… the more, the merrier!!

+ Korbei83 on March 21st, 2011 at 4:22 am said:

Looks like a potentially expensive week.

+ nikrel on March 21st, 2011 at 4:49 am said:

Hoard for the PSP, I have the PS3 version already. Is this a separate purchase or has Hoard become a PS3/PSP combo game?

+ letherclad on March 21st, 2011 at 5:26 am said:

I’ll b picking up playstation move heroes!

+ wilflare on March 21st, 2011 at 5:42 am said:

please release mini-ninjas on PSN
anyway we can tell the developers?

Odin Sphere and Muramasa too!

+ Pyrokid16 on March 21st, 2011 at 7:01 am said:

um this might sound werd and alittle off topic but im looking 4 ppl to add and im looking for serious gamers and game hackers (im a tech freak buy the way) so…. anyone on this website a serious gamer or game hacker???

+ ynnos9779 on March 21st, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

i think im above 500 ps titles. oh an to add on previus post, got to have dynasty w 7, yo pyrokid i consider myself
as a sereus gamer, enyone above my lv is a cheater XD

+ rjejr on March 21st, 2011 at 7:51 am said:

“Our first-party domination continues with PlayStation Move Heroes dropping this week.”

You could dominate more if the first-party put some advertising $ behind the game. It wasn’t even listed in this weeks flyers for Target, Best Buy, Toys R Us or Gamestop. It’s hard to even find it on the Gamestop website. K-Mart did have it as a special with a Move bundle purchase. This must be Sony’s acknowledgement that the Move is a dud.

On a happier note looking forward to the demos for Ghostbusters and WWE All-Stars. I just don’t understand how Hoard and Eat Them! have been on sale yet they still don’t have demos?

+ Brandon_2535 on March 21st, 2011 at 7:55 am said:

Renting Crysis 2 from GameFly! Thinking I should of bought it, though.

+ InfinityGems on March 21st, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

I see a lot of people wanting Legend of Dragoon to get updated to the PSN, with me as one of them. BUT there’s 2 problems with putting LoD on the PS3/PSP and having it emulated. Way back even in the PS2 days there were a few bugs or glitchs you could say from the emulation on the ps2. One of the major bugs was the game freezing to a black screen after a boss battle. And from a ISO standpoint of running it on a rom, sometimes when smoothing is enabled or any type of edge reduction is enabled, periodically there would be artifact tearing between the backgrounds and lines would appear across the screen. Inside sources say sony is already trying to get the legals to finish up to about 8 games they are really trying to put on the PSN and just about a week and a half ago they already announced they got the rights and are currently working on *Wild Arms 1*. The other 7 are up to speculation, but my guesses are suikoden 2,dino crisis 2, brigandine LOF off the top of my head since I KNOW for a fact thosetitles have trouble being run on emulation software and sony would have to rework code in those games. So Legend of dragoon is not FAR off but we do have a bit of wait till sony announces it on the PSN, so don’t give up just yet!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on March 21st, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

Legend of Mana!!!

+ Lara_Croft_GodHD on March 21st, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

yup tomrrow TRT comes out and i go to gamestop and pick up my game i can’t wait :D :) other then that nice store update for tomrrow

+ DuoMaxwell007 on March 21st, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

Hmm I see DC universe for PSN digital download in US store was announced yesterday (6 days after its announcement on the EU blog)

Soooo when are we gonna get an announcement for white knight chronicles 2 US… they announced a EU release on the EU blog back on the 8th or 9th and here we are on the 21st with still no word on WKC2 US… dont tell me EU is gonna get it but we wont? (better yet I would prefer to be told that as opposed to just wondering whether or not its ever gonna happen lol so at least give me a hint or solid confirmation that we are or arent gonna get it)

+ superfrick on March 21st, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

If I pick up Crysis 2, it’ll have to be via an on-line purchase. If my eyes rolled any harder at people critiquing it based on PC vs PS3 (resolution, fps, bla bla bla) then I risk some sort of horrible and irrevocable eye damage and will have trouble driving back home to play it ;)

+ Lara_Croft_GodHD on March 21st, 2011 at 9:12 am said:

oh wow crysis 2*i played the MP Demo and did not like due to conncetion issues)but the ps3 version should be good and the pc version as will

+ leon_ascani on March 21st, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

oraleee… Legend of Mana , so cool , thx for the low $$ jejejeje

+ Daniel_Gonzz on March 21st, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

I predict PE2 or Threads of Fate will be out next week.

+ wvnative on March 21st, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

I don’t suppose there will be any possible way to use a dualshock on playstation move heroes huh? I have a physical disability that prevents me from using motion controllers, but I can use a regular controller all day. I loved all 3 jak, ratchet, and sly trilogies and I still pop them into my 60gb ps3 from time to time. Wish I could play PS move heroes. But unless I can a regular controller, I cannot. :’(

+ northen_cail_209 on March 21st, 2011 at 10:05 am said:

woot

+ Zepinephrine on March 21st, 2011 at 10:18 am said:

You Don’t Know Jack! doesn’t need a demo. Buy it. Don’t be stupider.

+ ckpotc on March 21st, 2011 at 10:36 am said:

I want Crysis 2, Tomb Raider Trilogy & PS Move Heroes.

+ cobrafang on March 21st, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Will you ever make more Move games like those found in Sports Champions? I’m still waiting on a good bowling game (high velocity is a sixaxis game and brunswick bowling looks very poor). Make some baseball hitting game like in the first Wii game. Make a simple golf game, Tiger golf is too sim. Motion controls are most fun with these type of games.

+ MastaDBot on March 21st, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY LEGEND OF MANA!!!! a true gem of its time, highly under-rated and yet sooo much fun! the perfect blend of action rpg with unique world building ideas and what not… ill be picking this one up asap thank you for the awesome drop!!!

+ loneherozero on March 21st, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

hello, yes well, about dissidia 012, i need this answerd, when the game comes out, i need to know if we shall be getting the helmetless Warrior of Light free DLC outfit like Japain did. could you anwser that please? aside from that great work sony!

+ Crash15 on March 21st, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

So many good games coming out from Square Enix. Why does March have to be the best month for the best games. :) Be picking some PSone Classics this week and not to mention Dissidia Duodecim. Thank you Playstation for your good quality games and systems.

+ Lambo21 on March 21st, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

PSone Classics remaining to go on PSN…
Legend of Legaia
Crash Bash
Legend of Dragoon
Jersey Devil

and a few more, but its getting there!

+ megalodonshark on March 21st, 2011 at 2:14 pm said:

i for one would still love to see the ultimate cult classic suikoden II. i know this was released with suikoden on the psp platform a few years back, and i think everyone would love to see the best of that series coming in the very near future, otherwise it has been very pleasant seeing square getting off of their laurels and allowing most of their psone games to come to the store.

+ Lethality-XVII on March 21st, 2011 at 2:28 pm said:

Does the Legend of Mana have multiplayer?
I played it on the SNES and i believe it ad 3 player