PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Trails in the Sky: Which Version is Right for You?

Jessica Chavez's Avatar + Posted by Jessica Chavez on Mar 28, 2011 // Localization Manager, XSEED

Last time I outlined all the reasons you should be getting The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, but I really want to illustrate A) just how much this game has to offer, B) why it’s right for you (assuming you haven’t stumbled onto this blog from a chain-letter or suspicious link) and C) what happens when you cross that 4-coffee-a-day threshold. I therefore present to you a decision-making aid/hopefully agreeable distraction from your work day. Enjoy.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Trails in the Sky will release on both PSN and UMD on March 29th for $29.99. The UMD version of the game comes in both a Standard and Limited Edition package. The LE will contain a soundtrack CD, a 13-inch by 19.5-inch poster and a Bracer Guild replica metal badge for the suggested retail price of $39.99.

For more information and/or facetious musings join us on Facebook and Twitter!

+ JHS200 on March 28th, 2011 at 12:10 pm said:

Pay attention to professional reviews.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

Those too, but showcasing the game contents/fun stuff helps out too, don’t you think?

+ perrandy on March 28th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

that chart was pretty funny lol
you really got a good sense of humor,jessica!
the only thing that i didnt like about that chart was the lady with the bag on her head.i’m sure that she is a pretty one ;)

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:06 am said:

Glad you enjoyed it. I did it mainly because I was determined to use the word “UNCLEAN” in some kind of public post today. ^_-

As for the lady with the box on her head… what do you mean? I’m just really pale with a square-shaped skull. :D

+ drew327 on March 28th, 2011 at 12:21 pm said:

I love the ‘Must have video game character” that looks like he is from a FPS, “Er…” LOL

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:07 am said:

Well, there are plenty of gun-wielding characters in Trails in the Sky so it actually wouldn’t be too far a stretch to say that even shooters might enjoy this game. ^_-

+ Groovy341 on March 28th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

Awesome, just wish there was something like this on the PS3. Why isn’t there an RPG like this on the PS3? No one up to make one? And if there is, someone please please please let me know.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Maybe that’ll be a future thing, but for now you can always DL/UMD it to your PSP and hook that up to the TV to see the game in all its sprite-ly glory!

+ Reluctant-Hero on March 28th, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Purchase confirmed.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

YES! SCORE!

P.S. Thanks!

+ xaos on March 28th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Will get; nice to see someone who can appreciate the silliness of classic JRPGs while still having affection for them

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:13 am said:

^_^ We’re all long-time fans of the JRPG genre here at XSEED. Some of us are just more cracked than others though…

+ Slythex on March 28th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

Dear XSeed.

I have just mailed you my wallet. I get all your releases day 1 anyways.

It’s faster this way.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

Exceeeeeeeeeeeeellent. Our plan is working beautifully then. We will be lavishing any excess cash in your wallet on the craft beer aisle at BevMo. Our most heartfelt thanks for your contribution.

+ Frejim on March 28th, 2011 at 1:18 pm said:

how come the digital version cost the same as the UMD version?

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

Well, our pricing is consistent across physical media and digital so all our retail partners are on a level playing field. That said, the physical and DL versions are both packed with tons of gameplay that’s surely worth $29.99, right? ^_-

+ TorgoTime on March 28th, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

Is it okay to abbreviate this game as Legend of Heroes: T.i.t.S.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

Not only is it okay, but I abuse that abbreviation on an almost hourly basis. :D

+ saveur on March 28th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

Anticipation is pumped to the absolute max, people best buy this or suffer the extreme consequence of being labeled “fool!” for the rest of eternity.

And christ do I love me a good flow chart, well done Jess. Can’t wait to hulk smash this thing into my PSP tomorrow! Gotta make sure it’s in there good, it won’t be coming out for a while.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

^_^ I certainly hope you guys get as much fun out of it as I have been writing/photoshopping stuff for this game. I’m really happy you liked the flowchart. I was worried that it was too simple/silly, but honestly, sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of silliness. Plus(!) it’s an easy, convenient thing to forward to people who’ve never heard of the game (<– to help convince them!).

+ duke301 on March 28th, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

I had initially pre-ordered this, but unfortunately, I canceled it because I first want to see what Falcom’s and XSeed’s plans are regarding the second and third chapters. If they release the second and third chapters on PSP, then I will certainly buy it. If, however, they release the second and third chapters on the NGP and not the PSP, then I will say forget it because I want to be able to play all three chapters without having to buy a new system in the process.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 1:07 pm said:

There was a similar comment in the last blog regarding this so I’ll just quote that:

“Trails in, indeed, a full course meal, but a wait-and-see-approach may actually have the opposite effect. If games don’t sell, it’s hard to justify the cost of working on the next. We’re definitely doing everything we can to bring out the rest of the series, but if everyone does a “wait-and-see” approach and there’s no tangible support for the first one, well…

I’m not trying to pressure you one way or the other (because you have a very valid point, and I totally get it), it’s just not a… hoped for response, anyway.”

So, basically, if a lot of people take this approach then the worst case scenario is more assured to happen. ;_;
    And, we’re doing our best to make sure that it’ll be available on all formats.

+ megamixer on March 28th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

I’m on Team Adorable Genius™ and anti-anyone who likes fishing mini-games (Yakazu 3′s especially… argh lol)! Hope the file size isn’t too huge!

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

Haha. I should do a poll/battle royale to see which ‘type’ would win out. (And YAY for fishing!)

+ I3rand0 on March 28th, 2011 at 2:22 pm said:

Thanks for bringing this series over to NA.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

You’re welcome! We hope you get an nice JRPG fix out of it.

+ WanderingMind11 on March 28th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

So saved that flowchart pic. Aw yeah.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

That’s a flowchart that’s meant to be spread. If ever anyone says “I don’t know what game to get/I need a new game/I’m bored” show it. ^_-

+ Fawles on March 28th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

@duke301:

If you want that future, than by the game now and tell XSeed you want it on the PSP.

+ KazeEternal on March 28th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

time to burn through my PSP games so I have time for this one.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

I like your style.

+ CoarseDragon on March 28th, 2011 at 5:41 pm said:

I always check the opened treasure chest.

That chart is great.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Thanks! I had fun connecting the lines.

+ Jin_Kusanagi on March 28th, 2011 at 6:44 pm said:

lol loved it. =p

+ Kirkpad on March 28th, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

LOL @1! If you ONLY look at professional reviews (which are just the opinions of a small group of people) you are missing out on a LOT of games.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

Those help you make your decision too, but I find that this flowchart is SURELY more scientifically accurate. :)

+ perrandy on March 28th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

just pre-ordered this game earlier in the afternoon XD

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:16 pm said:

And I thank you kindly.

+ Fedast on March 28th, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

Jessica, I will buy the game just because you are the coolest PR person ever!!

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

WOOHOO! You make me feel infinitely less embarrassed about myself. :)

+ zombiepaint on March 28th, 2011 at 10:42 pm said:

I wish there were more awesome flow charts available to make all of my game purchase decisions for me.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

I just KNEW it would be useful to make this thing. :D

+ Bilouze on March 29th, 2011 at 1:19 am said:

What a coincidence, I just ordered the game a few minutes ago. More as a “thank you” for the upcoming Wizardry actually, even though LoH looks cool the characters seem so generic and annoying.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:18 pm said:

They do seem overly familiar at first, but none of them are annoying and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at some of the twists that come up. Thanks for giving it a chance (even if it is just for W: LoLS) (haha)!

+ Enigma777 on March 29th, 2011 at 2:52 am said:

The last LoH game I played had something to do with singing or music. Either way, I really didn’t like it. Hopefully this one is better cause it looks pretty cool.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

This one doesn’t have any kind of “singing” or particular “music” theme… I think you’ll like this one much better? (I hope?) (^_^)

+ piratedrunk on March 29th, 2011 at 5:31 am said:

I was on the fence about this one. This tipped me over. Getting the LE.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!

+ Christian399 on March 29th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

@11 Just get the digital version. NGP is backwards compatible (and probably upscales too). Chances are the sequels will be out on the NGP on account of the larger storage medium and just age of the hardware too. Getting this on the Go, but with my backlog, may not finish it till the NGP is out anyhow.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:20 pm said:

I know exactly what you mean. My backlog is killing me…

+ PhadedWun on March 29th, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

What a creative flow chart. I’ll likely wait for a price drop one day, though.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:23 pm said:

That makes me both happy and sad. Like delicious ice cream that someone had the effrontery to put a peanut on. ^_- (j/k) Thank you for the future buy(?).

+ Schobeleth on March 29th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

I really want to get the LE. I remember hearing about this game awhile ago and you guys at XSEED stepped up to the plate to translate the massive story. Thank you!! :)

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:25 pm said:

Go for broke! The LE is really full of goodness, and who doesn’t want that shiny badge?

+ colstripcapn on March 29th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

I’m pretty sure I’ll buy this if and only if I can get a download code off Amazon. Why? Sales tax that’s why. Who wants to pay an extra 6.25%? No one, that’s who ;) I see the listing on Amazon but it says “currently unavailable” and I hope that changes soon, sometimes it takes weeks :S

I’d usually just buy the UMD (disc > digital), but with the NGP claiming to support PSP PSN games… it would be silly not to. Sucks that it means no more limited/deluxe/awsomesauce editions with physical bonus goodies =(

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

Try living in CA. I think ours is hovering near 10%…? And, the Amazon listing should be okay now. Shame about that LE though… O_O (the badge! the badge!)

+ colstripcapn on March 29th, 2011 at 10:02 am said:

Btw, what is it that’s written on the whiteboard?

Senior Editor
Community Manager
Bacon Enthusiast?

Too blurry to read it :D

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

Your eyes are AMAZING! O_O 100% correct!

+ Fenix383 on March 29th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

I just picked up TitS today, Premium TitS to be exact. Can’t wait to play with them.. I mean “it”.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:48 pm said:

Uh huh. Suuuuuuuuuuuure. :)

+ megamixer on March 29th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

1.16gb :o

I expected it would be over a gig. Will commence purchase & download shortly. :)

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

And there was much rejoicing!

+ piratedrunk on March 29th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Just when I thought this post could not get more awesome there are a bazillion awesome responses. Thanks for taking the time Jessica! Between brilliant games and great contact with fans you are pretty much ensuring pre-orders from me from now on.

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

Aww… Thanks! We/I do our best to keep up with you guys (and soon there may be even more…) (mwahaha) and if awesome supportive fans like you stick around then we’ll all have a beautiful future. ^_^ If you feel like even more contact we have a fairly active facebook page and I’m pretty much always updating/talking on twitter. Drop on by!

+ piratedrunk on March 29th, 2011 at 4:53 pm said:

Consider it done!.. (it’s done)

+ Jessica Chavez on March 29th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

Ha-ha! TAG!

+ piratedrunk on March 29th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Ha!
Heartily recommending the Gamespot Trails in the Sky daily demo video to everyone here.
Great interview and footage! This twitter feed is proving itself very handy indeed.

+ knicksrulez220 on March 29th, 2011 at 10:33 pm said:

Just saw the Gamespot demo. Very helpful because it was the first time I saw the game in motion, before today all I saw was screenshots. No doubt I’m very impressed. But I’ll have to wait till next week, I’m buying Ys Seven tomorrow. Can’t wait to play both games though!

+ knicksrulez220 on March 29th, 2011 at 10:39 pm said:

@1 and everyone else who were waiting for the reviews, RPGFan gave it a very solid 88/100. When it comes to RPG reviews that site usually nails it down (at least for me lol). So that was all I needed to get some TITS next week :)

+ eidolon_uk on March 30th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Great chart Jessica!

Got an email yesterday saying that my copy of the LE had been shipped so now for the long wait while it crosses the atlantic (I’m in England). Still playing through Ys Chronicles at the moment so that should keep me going while I wait. :) I am very eager to get my hands on TiTS (sorry, couldn’t resist that one!)

Do you have a release date for Trails on the european PSN? I’m very tempted to double dip on this one just for the convenience of having the game on my memory stick.

You should put this article and the other Trails one up on the european PlayStation blog, I’m sure everyone there would love them too!

Pledging my support to team sexy booze-sponge!

+ Band2eto on March 30th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

@ Jessica Chavez

I saw your gamespot interview video… you are mega beautiful.

Also, I’m going to pick up my pre-ordered LOH Trails in the Sky tomorrow.
Limited Edition, here I come!

+ colstripcapn on March 30th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

*ding*

That’s the sound of me just buying a game code off Amazon.

Actually, you folks at XSeed should really consider getting a bell installed in your office for every time a sale is made. To protect against insanity however you may just want a counter instead ;) Perhaps you can make it count as fast as the national debt counter, that would be cool eh? :D

+ megamixer on April 4th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

A few hours into the game now and still can’t wrap my head around Orbments. I get that it shouldn’t be confusing… I’m just slow to adapt. Hoping money management won’t be an issue since you only earn it from jobs and not battles. Probably shouldn’t be anything to worry about. Confusion aside, fun stuff thus far.