PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Resistance 3 Will Support 3D, PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter Thanks to Community Demand

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Mar 29, 2011 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Resistance 3PlayStation Move: Sharp Shooter

Greetings from the fabulous Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, where we’re in the middle of Insomniac’s 3rd Annual Community Day. We’ve been letting fans get some of their first hands-on gameplay with Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. We’ve also been showing cool demos and producing Q&As to bring you in the form of Full Moon Show podcasts in the coming weeks.

That said, today we are finally able reveal, due to overwhelming community demand, that Resistance 3 will support Stereoscopic 3DTV. Furthermore, those of you who are enjoying the precision of the PlayStation Move motion controller with your copies of Killzone 3 and the SOCOM 4 Beta will be delighted to know that Resistance 3 will also support PlayStation Move and the sharp shooter. After Killzone 3 launched, we heard a massive amount of positive feedback, and were inundated with requests to support both PlayStation Move and sharp shooter. So we’re glad to be able to finally confirm the news!

Resistance 3: Stereoscopic 3D and PlayStation Move sharp shooter

As you can see, our founder Ted Price and Resistance 3 Creative Director Marcus Smith are so pumped that they found 3D glasses and grabbed sharp shooters to pose for a photo (though we had to remind them that they need the cool high-tech stereoscopic 3D glasses to actually play, not those old “red-blue” ones).

Resistance 3 hits your PS3 and 3D TV on September 6th, so have your sharp shooter ready! In the meantime, if you want to hear about all the latest happenings at our community day, follow us on Twitter (search for hashtag #InsomniacGames for some live contests!) to see or like us on Facebook. We’ll be posting audio and video from today’s community event in the weeks to come, so keep checking in for all the latest.

100 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ GibbShift on March 29th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

It’s already hard enough keeping up with all the 2011 PS3 exclusives, now I have to start spending extra cash on cool Move peripherals to enhance my gameplay experience?

Okay.:D

+ Butters360 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

Oh. HELL. YES!!!!!!

+ NJLurch87 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

well this is bad news

+ J-0_K_3-R_______ on March 29th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

EPIC

+ Blkant on March 29th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Still wont be as good as R:FoM. You forgot your roots.

+ mywhitenoise on March 29th, 2011 at 7:17 pm said:

3D is garbage, I ALWAYS turn off that option. However, I’m going to make good use of the Move if it’s as well implemented as it was in Killzone 3!

+ Link01 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

I love you guys for challenging yourselves. Can’t wait to play this on my 3D tv with MOVE :D. I seriously want to work for you guys at Insomniac one day. Wish you had a station in Florida, but I guess I’ll consider moving to North America or California. I know C, C++, Java, HTML, Javascript, PHP, and some XML. Just let me know what you need and I’ll learn it :). I just have to finish my BS degree in IT first.

+ ProSoldier14 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

Jeff, if you ever see this, the logout button doesn’t work… :P

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on March 29th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

Noted, thanks!

+ XKILLER44 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

Sweet

+ Chapulin140 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:23 pm said:

Resistance 3 3D!! Wow ima start saving up for a 3D TV.

+ TubaDude49 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

I wonder what other suprises may come… ;)

+ Zeer0id on March 29th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

AWESOME NEWS!

+ XKILLER44 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

I cant wait to get Resistance 3D

+ ShadowOfEden on March 29th, 2011 at 7:25 pm said:

3D can’t say, haven’t tried, but I hope the move will feel better than in KZ3. I think the game was much better with the good old controller.

+ poodude on March 29th, 2011 at 7:26 pm said:

Nice, now I’m getting the Move for sure. Absolutely love this franchise.

+ MarvelousMont on March 29th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Hope this won’t be as short as Killzone 3.. if having move support and 3d means shorter campaigns.. then count me out.. Dont get me wrong.. I loved killzone 3 but we can all agree it was WAY too easy compared to Killzone 2.

+ Skv007 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Ah, amazing

R3 already was looking amazing w/ the last info blow out.
With this, I’m left speechless.

I get to kill Chimera w/ Move?
AH-MAI-ZING! :D

+ LightningBlade18 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

That’s good to hear, can’t wait!

+ shazbot-finubus on March 29th, 2011 at 7:32 pm said:

Very excited about this news. Playing Killzone 3 with the Sharpshooter breathed new life into the FPS genre, but I started to wonder, “where do I go from here?”. Now I have an answer. I’m at a point now where I’m kind of disappointed if a game doesn’t support the Sharpshooter. The level of control you have with it is leagues past the normal dualshock.

+ sithmathamatiks on March 29th, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

yesssssss!!!!!

+ Chessy_08 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:33 pm said:

BA now whens the beta

+ PhantomOfPanton on March 29th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

Awesome :D
Now I need Uncharted 3 to use move!

+ vanwinkle on March 29th, 2011 at 7:43 pm said:

Great news. If it’s a good implementation, then I’ll definitely use Move exclusively.

+ juanpipe on March 29th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

God, you’re making me buy a Move, right? Dammit, maybe I will.

Anyway, that image of Ted holding the Sharpshooter and wearing 3D glasses is priceless!

+ SPOPS on March 29th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

Good news for those who have a 3DTV, but I don’t have one ;(

+ TomHoang on March 29th, 2011 at 7:45 pm said:

I am excited for this game even more now! More so for Move compatibility than 3D. I’m still iffy on the sharp shooter, so my Move and Nav controller will work fine for me.

Now I still have to Play Resistance FOM and Resistance Retribution :P

+ Senjutsu_Dav on March 29th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

Nice! =D I’m surely gonna buy my move controller with the bundle for socom 4 (that include the sharpshooter and the nav controller) so I’ll have everything ready for Resistance! =D

+ Kchow23 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:55 pm said:

awesome.. 3DTV and Move are awaiting R3 :)

+ tazinlwfl on March 29th, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

@ShadowOfEden

I couldn’t disagree more. Playing K3 with the Move was so smooth – it actually felt strange going back to DS3. I think with the right settings, and time to get used to it, most people will find that it works perfectly.

+ python1210 on March 29th, 2011 at 7:58 pm said:

You’re just forceing me to get the move and sharpshooter now. If I do do you promise this game will be AMAZING?

+ Butters360 on March 29th, 2011 at 8:02 pm said:

I love how Naughty Dog and and Insomniac Games have added 4D to UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception and Resistance 3 respectively, as it requires them to make the 2D version that much crisper and cleaner.

+ Zezzler on March 29th, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

My Body is Ready.

+ hush404 on March 29th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

Ted Price makes me laugh. Damn that gun controller looks goofy.

+ SpiritThief on March 29th, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

I want another DC Unlimited Figure!

+ TheGuardianFID on March 29th, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

SWEEEEEEEEET, now where’s my collector’s edition!!! >8( 8P 8)

+ PhantomOfPanton on March 29th, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

Yeah, another DC figure! :D

+ Mobius2525 on March 29th, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

got to buy a 3dtv

+ Maximilian357 on March 29th, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

Nice!!! I already have a 3D TV and PS move. Now I just need to get the sharp shooter. Plz give us a demo in 3D!!!!

+ GameDude79 on March 29th, 2011 at 8:36 pm said:

Hey Sid, are you guys going to give out beta codes for Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank All 4 One? Insomniac was giving them out on Twitter and Facebook today but I didn’t get one :(

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on March 29th, 2011 at 8:49 pm said:

yes more move support!!!!

Imsomniac might have gone 3rd party, but they sure love the good old PS3 :)

+ megaFdeth on March 29th, 2011 at 8:56 pm said:

Yes!!!! keep em coming! Please dont let the sharpshooter rot with all the plastic instruments… :(

+ TheCraZyCloWn on March 29th, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

GOOD STUFF :) NOW I JUST NEED THE 3D CASH AND A SHARPSHOOTER

+ trustkill on March 29th, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

Honestly, I know these features are exciting and cool, even though i’ve never used them… but I’d really like to hear more about how the game will improve upon the past two iterations – esp resistance 2, which really alienated me as a big resistance 1 fan.

+ DZORMAGEN on March 29th, 2011 at 9:16 pm said:

I just got back from the event! I finally met Jeff….Go Dodgers ;)……Now onto the game…the game is so f’in awesome, I think the game is a huge improvement from the 2nd from the time I had with the game

+ D-Squad3 on March 29th, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

PLEASE make a Resistance CE and/or Resistance 3 CE with the PS Move and Sharpshooter just like the Socom Bundle that is about to come out.

+ SPARDA on March 29th, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

Great freaking news….can’t wait to play with the sharp shooter.
Thanks Insomniac

+ Mattsta001 on March 29th, 2011 at 9:31 pm said:

Kind of looking forward to this but I was a bit burnt by R2. I’m one of those who loved R:FoM but didn’t get along with R2. James, if you read this, get some outside people, 4 or 5 who can think critically but constructively, to sign an NDA and play through the whole game in its current state. Get some feedback, what works, what doesn’t, because Insomniac might still have time to tweak things and edit or add stuff. Really wish GG had done this early in development because KZ3 was a stinker imo. Wish a lot of more developers would do this.

+ GGCAN on March 29th, 2011 at 9:46 pm said:

Very happy that the Move is being supported in this game.

After playing Killzone 3 with the Move, I’ve gotten to like this feature.

Can’t wait to try out Resistance 3.

+ Tomskevo on March 29th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

Now I have to buy a sharpshooter… You guys are making me poor.

On a serious note, I can’t wait for Resistance 3. I really hope it’s more like R:FoM than R2 because the original Resistance is probably my fave current gen game to date. The multiplayer was amazing, and the single player story was like none other! Please let this game be the best it can possibly be.

+ manzoor47 on March 29th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

i am glad more devs are taking advantage of PS MOVE. I really like the sharpshooter!!!!

PAGE 1 2