Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Apr 08

Resistance 3 Public Beta: Get Early Access With SOCOM 4

Kristina Cheng's Avatar Posted by Kristina Cheng on Apr 08, 2011 // Product Marketing Specialist, SCEA

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy Seals

Hope you’re all enjoying the final stretch of the SOCOM 4 Multiplayer Beta! Just a little over a week until SOCOM 4 hits store shelves on April 19th, and the excitement continues to build. To heighten the anticipation, we’ve got some equally exciting news to share—by picking up a specially marked copy of SOCOM 4, you’ll get early access to the Resistance 3 Public Beta! That’s in addition to the full breadth of single player, 32-person multiplayer, and five-player co-op gameplay you’ll get with SOCOM 4.

To get early access to the Resistance 3 Beta, keep your eyes peeled for the callout included on the front of all eligible copies of SOCOM 4 (see above). Every specially marked box will include a voucher with a unique code you can redeem for early access to the Resistance 3 Beta. If you’re going big with the SOCOM 4 Full Deployment Edition, every one of these limited edition bundles will come packed with a voucher as well. To find out when the Resistance 3 Beta begins, be sure to check the details on the included voucher once you get your hands on SOCOM 4 starting April 19th.

Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta

If you want to ensure your early access to the Resistance 3 Public Beta, pre-ordering your copy of SOCOM 4 at one of the following participating retailers is the way to go. In addition to early beta access for Resistance 3, you’ll also get a pair of slug-ammunition shotguns, as well as the classic Abandoned Map if you pre-order at GameStop.

PAGE 1 2

+ ChaseHammerJ on April 8th, 2011 at 8:56 am said:

i loved the first Resistance but Resistance 2 demo was weak so never got the second game..probably not getting R3…sigh.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

+ David Bull on April 8th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

Resistance 3 does a great job at returning to the gameplay style of Resistance: Fall of Man. If you’re picking up a copy of SOCOM 4, definitely take the R3 beta for a spin. I think you’ll be happy with how it plays. :-)

+ rbanke on April 8th, 2011 at 8:59 am said:

You guys, might want to add a few more logo’s to the box. I can almost still see the artwork.

+ esko on April 8th, 2011 at 9:01 am said:

Are PlayStation Plus members going to get access to the beta also?

+ rbanke on April 8th, 2011 at 9:02 am said:

@kingkranz, there is a patch for the camera coming today, give it another try. I also didn’t care for the beta but I’ll be trying it again after todays patch. I want to like it but it just felt off to me.

+ TheGrinch216 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

Killzone 3: Already a buy….added a Socom 4 beta
Socom 4: Already a buy….added a Resistance 3 beta
Lucky for me, unlucky for suckers.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

+ David Bull on April 8th, 2011 at 10:04 am said:

+ Butters360 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

Sweetness! I’ve been dying to play some Resistance 3 ever since I saw those videos.

+ pitythefool852 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

This should become a regular thing…

Way more rewarding than PlayStation Rewards :)

+ zombie9 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:15 am said:

I’m in like Flynn:)

+ bigdaddyjane on April 8th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

At the moment I’m a little disappointed with Resistance 3 cus the multiplayer has been dumbed down.Hopefully the beta will change that.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

+ David Bull on April 8th, 2011 at 10:06 am said:

Please do try the beta. The multiplayer hasn’t be dumbed down at all. Instead, it’s more focused and fun! Having less players on the map really adds to the intensity for Resistance multiplayer.

+ walnoj on April 8th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Guys, the game plays great (I’m in the beta), and I’m going to purchase it. That much is certain. This Resistance 3 beta is hopefully some icing on the cake. But SCEA, why do you continue to cram that many logos on your box arts? There’s barely any room to see the actual game title/artwork. It’s a genuine mess. If you’re really looking for suggestions from users, why not put the exact same logos you have on the front on the back of the box for redundancy, and make the logos on the front stickers on the plastic wrap on the front of the game when someone purchases it? That way, you’ll still have it on the case permanently and you’ll still be able to make sure people know all of that stuff.

+ that-acmilan-guy on April 8th, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

Not sure about Resistance 3 ( I didn’t like Resistance 2 ), but i loving Killzone 3 online with move controller, its absolutely lethal!

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

Is R3 3rd Person of 1st? Im getting S4 cause I love the beta, cant wait to get out of class now today to instal that patch and see how my suggestion for camera angles looks. I dont post in the forums I send it direct to the devs. Cant wait, a week to go now. Abandoned is going to be wicked. Just wish Chain Reaction and Harvester are coming to S4.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

+ David Bull on April 8th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

R3 is a first-person shooter.

+ Stellazira on April 8th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

I don’t need SOCOM 4 to get into the beta. :P

From what people have said after playing the multiplayer R3 is different from both FoM and R2. They had a blast playing it.

+ Kesy on April 8th, 2011 at 9:48 am said:

Socom 4 does not look that good…I am hearing comments from from REAL Socom fans saying its crap….they tryin to sweetin the deal here people….I have not looked @ this game for months until I saw R3 Beta availability with the game…Put 2 & 2 together people…I will wait till the Beta is public.

+ Spidey817 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Hopefully the Full Deployment Edition from Amazon will include this because I’ve got it on Preorder.

Kristina Cheng's Avatar

+ David Bull on April 8th, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Yes, it does. :-)

+ neostardust on April 8th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

Man.. this is so epic, your on a roll sony!

+ Rustbucket80 on April 8th, 2011 at 9:55 am said:

Early access for a purchase!? Awesome! I get to to be the second to the last one through the door again <-*Sarcasm*. Sony, do not tell people they will receive early access and then make that group second to last through the door. The Socom "Early Access" was a joke. One week before the general population!? You should call this Resistance 3 beta Eventual Access.

PAGE 1 2