Farpoint

Apr 13

Apr 13

This Week in PlayStation Home: Sodium 2 Beta Access & Mansion Garage Tours

GlassWalls's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Home Community Specialist

This Thursday, April 14th, you too can become one of a strictly limited number of players to gain early entry to Sodium 2-Project Velocity, the soon-to-be-released high-energy racer available only in PlayStation Home. Visit the commerce point in the new-and-improved Sodium Hub to claim your free beta object, which will give you access to the adrenaline-fuelled world of the Sodium 2 beta via the teleportal in the Sodium Hub. Don’t miss your chance to become one of the privileged few to test pilot a Sodium 2 Velocity Racer!

PlayStation Home high rollers will get a chance to preview the Mansion Garage, the latest installment of the Home Mansion, when our Community Volunteers begin giving tours of this highly-anticipated expansion space this week (note: this luxurious addition will release to the entire community in just a few weeks). For more information on how to sign up for a sneak peek, click here.

Home Mansion Garage

The PlayStation Home Mall receives yet another update this week with SOCOM 4 clothing items, Red Faction Guerilla and Saints Row 2 costumes, and even flying carpets, ninja costumes and new active items. Check out this video for a look at some of the latest and greatest items to hit the shelves of the PlayStation Home Mall.

Navy
Police

Heavy Water brings a new collection of outfits to PlayStation Home under the Heavy Ink brand. Visit the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday and pick up these head-turning Pinups costumes. Storm the streets by land, air or sea with the military Pinups. Or how about take to the streets with biker babe Pinups – they are sure to cause people’s jaws to hit the pavement. Feeling a little more casual? Check out this video to get an up-close look at these classy Pinup girls in all their glory.

This week in the PlayStation Home Community Theater: HomeCast Rewind uncovers the mysteries of Aurora and dispels the myths surrounding the mega- popular Heavy Water Peeps while the one-and-only Hip Hop Gamer returns with a special episode focused on Shift 2: Unleashed.

See you in Home!

Add Your Own

Sophronia said:

April 13th, 1:39 pm

Garage tours are going to be fun.. I know everyone has been waiting. =)

April 13th, 2:28 pm

Yes, and they’ve been so patient. Good luck with the tours! I know you’ll be bombarded with requests.

SpyDudeFX said:

April 13th, 1:44 pm

Looking fwd to touring the space and finding out what the secret surprise is for owning all four parts of The Mansion ;) Any chance Bradkey Benchpress’ football costume will be released from the videos?

gman_harmon said:

April 13th, 1:51 pm

Virtual items sure are getting pricey nowadays.

gamer_316 said:

April 13th, 1:51 pm

wow this looks like a solid update (except only HCVs gettin the garage, i’m buyin nevertheless) but I like the nija outfit in the pic above it looks really nice & the Heavy Water costumes may be hit or miss 4 me, we’ll see tomorrow (don’t like pre-set faces >_<)

Ovac said:

April 13th, 1:55 pm

Looking good Glass & L_S, can’t wait to see Sodium 2! But I wonder how many pin-ups Glass will buy ;)

April 13th, 1:58 pm

ALL OF THEM! (It’s too hard to choose just one)

WaveLightning777 said:

April 13th, 2:02 pm

Its about time we see the Garage; I was starting to wonder when it was gonna show itself.

Also, if the Sodium 2 Teleporter is in the commerce point, how exactly is it limited? Are there only a specific number of them in the store and once they’re gone they’re gone? And if so, what about those of us who got invited in and have uses left on our multi-use codes?

April 13th, 2:10 pm

The Sodium 2 teleporter is only going to be available for a limited number of people to get, so I recommend heading straight to the Sodium Hub tomorrow morning and picking it up. Once you have it, go to a personal space and drop the teleporter somewhere, then transport yourself to Sodium 2-Project Velocity!

If you already have access, you’re good to go. If you have a code to share, share it!

Snowcat_ said:

April 13th, 2:02 pm

One question L_S amd GW. When you mean strictly limited to the S2 beta, does that mean theres a set number like only the first set number of people can get in? Or is there no limit and everyone can get in tomorrow by visiting the commerce point in thesodium hub?

Alkazaar777 said:

April 13th, 2:04 pm

Cool Update, So since Sodium 2 is in beta form right now, and its free, does that mean once it goes out of the beta form it will cost to play or will something else be included?

April 13th, 2:19 pm

Sodium 2 is free to play now and will be later. There are purchasable upgrades, but they do not hinder your ability to complete the game.

Feral_Dragon said:

April 13th, 2:05 pm

Are you going to release the cool Easter bunny costumes the EU Home had, that hop? Or am I waiting in vain? :(

April 13th, 2:19 pm

Unfortunately no, there are no plans to bring them here this year.

Snowcat_ said:

April 13th, 2:10 pm

Same question as #6. Is there a limited amount who can get in the S2 beta tomorrow. I really want to get in but doubt I’ll be on early morning tomorrow

April 13th, 2:21 pm

Yes, there is definitely going to be a limited number of people who can pick up the Sodium 2 teleportal that will take you to the Beta. If you absolutely cannot get in tomorrow morning, try as soon as you can later in the day. We have no idea how quickly they will go, but you may be able to pick one up as last as Thursday evening.

gamer_316 said:

April 13th, 2:11 pm

0_o I just noticed the outfit from Lockwood’s Full Throttle is a cop outfit…that is one heck of a cop outfit o_0

April 13th, 2:22 pm

Most definitely agreed!

TSFRJ said:

April 13th, 2:12 pm

GlassWalls i have possible good news. If lockwood allows me to. I will publish a sodium2 LBP2 level for everyone. But I have to wait till they say its okay :)

April 13th, 2:23 pm

I bet they would be most honored. Let us know if you make it—I know I’d love to play it.

artform-fazeone said:

April 13th, 2:12 pm

Aight…

WaveLightning777 said:

April 13th, 2:22 pm

So its a limited number. Okay. I got invited in, and still have 2 uses on my code left, so I just wanted to confirm basically if they were gonna be rendered useless or not.

April 13th, 2:26 pm

Because I do not know the limitations on any Sodium 2 beta voucher codes that are out there, not when they expire, how many uses they have or have left, I would just recommend the old line, “Use them or lose them!”

Rene_Led said:

April 13th, 2:24 pm

Is there a possibilty seeing Mortal Kombat costumes/items for PSHome?
Anyone could get in touch with Netherealm studios/WarnerBros.?

polo155 said:

April 13th, 2:26 pm

Home has NOT turned out like i though it would.. the nly thing ive been looking forward to now from sonyis the NGP.. i play GT5 and Killzone3 and the rest of my backlog of games.. as for that Mansion its garbage.. there are some good spaces but the mansion is not one of them!

Im not gonna front i do go in Home still to watch the TV on the Sunset Yacht by LOOT but they just milking you now with virtual items (micro transactions) and no Media like TV’s or Your music from your harddrives or more realistically at least from Qriocity since its sony owned and if we have the monthly premium subscription and our friends on Home do too why can we play direct into it, is it a System limitation on the allocated ram usuage or something, it shouldnt be if u can stream Video music shouldnt be no such issue.

The same goes for Netflix, if I and my friends have Netflix why can we not watch movies with each other just the same, i understand the streaming copyrights laws completely

Feral_Dragon said:

April 13th, 2:29 pm

Aw, no Easter Bunnies :( How about a Konami werewolf? Or dragon costumes?

AmericanNinja1 said:

April 13th, 2:44 pm

Will we be getting a PS Plus members only space like EU has?

gamer_316 said:

April 13th, 2:55 pm

@ #16: not tomorrow but hopefully in time

Beachnut26 said:

April 13th, 2:55 pm

GlassWalls will the Diamond Suit be coming out the same week the Garage for the Playstation Mansion does?

April 13th, 3:10 pm

The near-mythical allegedly named Diamond Suit is not scheduled for release quite yet… but it does look sharp, eh?

Jersquall said:

April 13th, 3:07 pm

Nice Blog Update GlassWalls. Looking forward to another nice Home update this week. Tours start just after the update. See you guys in Home!

ioanina said:

April 13th, 3:15 pm

Sodium 2 looks like it’s going to be epic! If I miss the opportunity to be involved in the beta testing, I would like to wish those soon-to-be participants good luck! Are we gettting a little closer to the new 1.5 patch update? I can already imagine the plethora of new adventures on the horizon, even pinball games, and adventure games, and much more! I can wait for a little longer if I missed being a tester. Still like Sodium 1!

matthew-w500 said:

April 13th, 3:26 pm

come on! if the voulnteers get the last peice so should we im sick of waiting for it i tried signing up and yet AGAIN sony shot me down. i just think EVERYONE should get it i mean if u have the mansion peices u should get the last one not wait a few weeks i get it maybe theirs a few bugs in it but hey they had a good amount to get it done. ty for the update hope they got some good men stuff all i see right now is women

April 13th, 4:41 pm

There’s only a few dozen of the HCVs and millions of great Home users. Don’t worry though, the HCV term will end and another one will begin soon. Watch for when I announce that the application page is accepting applications again in the Home forums. You may also bookmark this link to the application page: http://us.playstation.com/homevolunteerapplication

JKar275 said:

April 13th, 3:30 pm

When are we going to get an exciting underwater combat game using small agile submersibles in Home?

I’d like it to have both single-player & multi-player modes.

April 13th, 4:43 pm

You know, that’s the second time this month I’ve heard that same question. I don’t have the answer though, but it sounds like a really fun concept. With Home v1.5 coming out soon, the technology for real-time, fast-paced, multi-player games will be available for developers to *dive in* and make it.

retro25 said:

April 13th, 5:04 pm

I hope I get to Sodium 2 beta tomorrow moring cause I’ll be left out if I don’t, so is the full version be avalible next week?(I’ve been waiting for this to come out) I’m already got 5 rewards from the easter egg hunt active game and now I need 1 reward to complete but i have to reach the community score in order to get it(which it will take long),so how can I get there quickley before Easter?(I need all the help i can get)

polo155 said:

April 13th, 5:35 pm

If only you psn users wouldve seen how many people used to write in the Home Blog Posts compared to now its sad. and Honestly i loved Home at one point for its potential,
At one time we had a guy named tedTheDog who ran the U>S> Home and he was from Eu but he used to say it was too much for him till they got someone else who turned out to be cydniax then she ran SCE”A”‘s Home and ted stood working Eu.. Cydoniax then Got Locus_Star it goes on and on but these last people are Not getting it done sorry. So Sad. There’s just no Big Company Content coming in.. at first there were alot of lil ads that im sure bought revenue but even thats gone. “Watch YourBuck” Read Your ToS

Perish_Song said:

April 13th, 5:37 pm

Oh I so badly want to ask when 1.5 comes out, but that’s not what this blog post is about (else it would have mentioned it).

Back on subject, the ladies are getting a lot of love with this post, (though ii depends on reception of these new items) but when will the guys get some love. I’ve had money burning my PSN wallet down to cinders but I’ve not seen anything that has really caught my eye in the last few weeks with the exception of the tuxedo 2 weeks ago (no offense to the judge dread outfit or funky 80s clothes, but…no).

polo155 said:

April 13th, 5:39 pm

i have to give it to the Sodium 2 Space though, i was in The Closed Beta and it Rocks.. just these scea Home personalities get 4 thumbs down.. JackinHome.. I hope you weighing options here and overseeing your project!

Fire_Crazed said:

April 13th, 6:19 pm

“Lockwood Publishing’s Fool Throttle line is back this week with a vengeance. These high-octane versions of two popular uniforms sport wicked cuts and sassy styles and are available individually or bundled together in a value pack with a price that can’t be beat!”

the 3rd word is a typo. just letting you know

reaper1182 said:

April 13th, 6:21 pm

Woot! Been waiting to see the garage and finish up my mansion. Also hoping to get on early to see what Sodium 2 is all about! Awesome update and here’s looking to 1.5 for even more!!!

AnimeRemix said:

April 13th, 6:49 pm

I haven’t really been that active (or even up-to-date) when it comes down to Playstation Home. But I must admit, I’m looking forward to that Mansion Garage! Going to try and see if I can get some of my PS3 friends to get on Home more! =)

JAHoE said:

April 13th, 7:28 pm

Fang Dang Yo , i see that gold car in Mansion Garage Picture Above , that football jersy ever1 asking for is that not a hacked idem ,i e Mall hack , NOW THATS A SMART QUESTION?

JAHoE said:

April 13th, 7:47 pm

Same Protocol as other Mansion Releasez , 2week ? wait?

MoneyMaker110 said:

April 13th, 8:10 pm

not a typo

Northstar77 said:

April 13th, 8:16 pm

Hey I have all the other parts of the Mansion and was completely disapointed by the fact that these s
Learning to live againaces are not really connected at all. I cant leave one area of the apartment and have friends stay in the other. Is there ever going to be a way to get this space to be truely connected like it was advertised. I believe the Video tour of the pool actually showed friends in the downstairs area of the apartment while everyone else was in the Infinity pool. As it is now these are not connected at all they are seperate spaces I’m sure with some work on how its loaded this can be fixed. I will be getting the Garage but not sure how much I’ll spend in Home after that…. It’s just not evolving fast enough to warrant daily or weekly visits or investments in Ideas that are over stated. TV should be able to at least play netflix or PSN content by now…conected spaces should be connected.

Northstar77 said:

April 13th, 8:17 pm

Sorry about that rant but I’ve spent alot of time and money in Home and I see it moving in the right direction just way too slowly…. we need more connection to the rest of the PS3 as well like my avatar being a picture of my Home avatar seems like a simple enough request. Games that can import my Home Avatars features. Home could easily be on a PC and be exactly the same thats how disconnected it is from the rest of the PS3.

Mercenary09 said:

April 13th, 8:39 pm

If anyone needs a tour just send me a PM on the XMB tomorrow and I’ll get you in!

TSFRJ said:

April 13th, 8:43 pm

GlassWalls It’s been made already and Lockwood has already seen video of it ;) Key is wether or not i’ll be able to publish the level. As it would mean those who dont get a sodium 2 beta access tomorrow would get a taste of it from the LBP2. So far Lockwood hasn’t said yet wether they want the LBP2 sodium 2 levl put out yet. But if i can I will :)

Fire_Crazed said:

April 13th, 9:06 pm

opps yeah my bad it isnt a typo mixing up brands…

footballrule said:

April 13th, 9:07 pm

Hope I can be a Sodium 2 beta testers, and looking forward to getting a tour of the Garage tomorrow!

Cage890 said:

April 13th, 9:45 pm

Hey Glass, love this new update. The past few updates were pretty harsh due to everything having a price tag, but now we have an update that everyone can enjoy.
It looks amazing, and alot of users are gonna appreciate it. Alot of antisipation for both Sodium 2 & the garage for the mansion. Plus that Lookwood outfit is sweet too, looks like I’ll be havin some fun with friends playing
Good Cop/Bad Cop. xD

Excellent job PSHome Crew, Thanks

-Cage

victr1 said:

April 14th, 12:21 am

Finally some S2 access. We’ve been waiting over a year for this, I hope it’s been worth the wait.

hunnybunnee said:

April 14th, 1:32 am

Now ok i’m a guy with a girl avatar all my friends know this and i do not try to fool anyone by pretending i’m a girl,can someone tell me why i have to put up with a guy that has the name mike and the word money in his id (he has several variations) and also uses the id smokinhothippie coming into home and verbally abusing me consistently,as far as i can see he doesnt spend a cent in home but he has every free clothing item from every region,im getting sick and tired of his verbal assaults on me just because i choose to use a girl avatar,where are the mods that used to patrol home? i have reported him several times but he still persists in doing this it is ruining the time that i spend in home and is getting way out of control he tells people that i pretend to be a teenage girl which is a total lie,something really needs to be done about these TROLLS and fast if nothing is done i will take this matter further by any means neccesary.look forward to hearing any kind of responce by anyone.

gcrenovations said:

April 14th, 3:38 am

The links to your videos on this post are not working, but they can be accessed through the new videos tab to the right. Love the pin-ups walk! Smexxy!

gcrenovations said:

April 14th, 3:41 am

Whoops!! it is the latest videos tab at the bottom of this page!

polo155 said:

April 14th, 9:16 am

you are 10000% correct NorthStar77

mrgerbik03 said:

April 14th, 4:33 pm

That underwater combat game mentioned above sounds brilliant…hope someone gets around to making it.

joeandcasey said:

April 14th, 5:01 pm

I also think that JKar275 is on to something. It would be great to have this type of underwater action. Think of the fun you could have with the physics.

Underwater for is the way to go.

Ask Jacques Cousteau .

FireVader said:

April 14th, 8:18 pm

Was wondering when you can buy the Mansion Garage??? When I go into my First floor and go out the front door it come up but says Error when I want to buy it.

polskatron said:

April 15th, 8:28 am

I remember playing Treasures of the Deep for PS1. If something like that was recreated, my life would be complete. Underwater Combat FTW!