LittleBigPlanet 3

Twisted Metal Extended Trailer Reveal, Pre-order for Axel

Chad Cox's Avatar + Posted by Chad Cox on Apr 14, 2011 // Producer, Twisted Metal

Last week David Jaffe broke the news that Twisted Metal will be hitting stores on October 4th of this year. We also debuted a peek at the game’s awesome cast with the new trailer, Broken, through GTTV. Today we’re back with an EXTENDED cut that delivers an even deeper look at the new Twisted universe!

Here’s another piece of exciting news, Axel is back, and you’ll get early access to unlock this death-dealing war machine by pre-ordering Twisted Metal at any participating retailer!

AXEL

We’re on a roll now with Twisted Metal news, so be sure to check back for more info as we approach launch on October 4th, 2011

68 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ BlueBaronne on April 14th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

Looks good. I was debating on picking this up on launch day but now I am looking forward to this. Very nice trailer and love the live action!

+ Alkazaar777 on April 14th, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

THATS AWSOME!!!

+ bgardner on April 14th, 2011 at 9:09 am said:

where @ gamestop

+ JoeDuke4 on April 14th, 2011 at 9:18 am said:

Look insane. Hope you guys still got 4 player splitscreen for this!

+ Kirkpad on April 14th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Since when was Axel just Sweet Tooth with tires attached?

+ Berae on April 14th, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

It looks awesome! I love the “dark” style

+ Korbei83 on April 14th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

What do ya know? I’ve already pre-ordered.

+ Cristiano_RR-Br on April 14th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

@Kirkpad

don’t you know how this new game is gonna work?
there will just be 3 characters on the story mode: Sweet Tooth, Dollface & Mr. Grim
and on multiplayer there will be 4 Factions: The Clowns, The Dolls, The Skulls & the Priest faction which I don’t remember the name right now
then you choose the faction, and the car, you can have any character playing with any car
that explains the photo xD

+ TheAlbraskan on April 14th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

It only does Ice Cream, Mayhem, Everything, PS3.

That’s got to be my favorite one I’ve seen so far.

+ NecroKitten on April 14th, 2011 at 9:38 am said:

Dollface! HAH. YAY! And also, i’m with TheAlbraskan…That’s one of the best PS3 end things i’ve seen too. Mmm…ice cream.

+ h4l0fw1nt3r on April 14th, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

Sweet! Really looking forward to playing this game :)

+ joshp18 on April 14th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Awesome! Twisted Metal has always been one of my favorite series and this trailer has proved to me once again why that is. I was nervous when I first heard TM was going to be doing live action movies for the campaign endings and openings, but after seeing this trailer I have no doubt that these videos are going to be a blast to watch. Can’t wait to try this one out! Here’s to hoping there’s a beta that I can be a part of :)

+ Kirkpad on April 14th, 2011 at 9:45 am said:

Well if what @8 has said is true, I am quite disappointed. Didn’t TM Black have lots of characters with a story and car for each character?

+ Chipper on April 14th, 2011 at 9:49 am said:

Killer video.

+ PaperCarrier on April 14th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

Game look’s fun thought it’s graphics don’t look so good.

+ joshp18 on April 14th, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

@13 – Yes, TM Black did have lots of characters and stories. I was disappointed too when I first heard how they were handling the single player campaign. I wish there were more offerings for characters too but the team has obviously spent a great deal of time fleshing out the multiplayer offerings which is what’s going to drive this game anyway. There are a lot of reasons why they didn’t have as many characters and stories in this game, one of the reasons being that the game wasn’t even meant to be a full retail game from the beginning. It was more aimed as a PSN download until Sony liked what they saw and basically asked Eat, Sleep, Play to make the game bigger and better. Which is a great thing. I’m sure there are other factors involved in that decision as well, but for now let’s just be happy that Sony is even allowing Twisted Metal to return to the PlayStation! And the fact that they are pushing this game so hard is a great sign that this game is truly a game you don’t wanna miss this year! Can’t wait!

+ mikemill on April 14th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Those live action cut scenes look AMAZING.

Can’t wait for this one!!!!!!!!

+ LuchoV on April 14th, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Looks awesome , any news on when TM1 hits the PSN to jump in the whole series again until october?

+ TallCrowe on April 14th, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

If only someone other than David Jaffe was making this game. I kid, of course, he’s a cool short angry guy. I will buy this game.

+ gumi42 on April 14th, 2011 at 10:22 am said:

Awesome, can’t wait to play it. Thanks Jaffe, and the team at Eat Sleep Play!!!! Car Combat game forever!!!!

Gotta ask though, are there going to be custom soundtracks for this game? I need some Maiden, Megadeth, and some Metallica while enjoying my car combat.

+ kingpogo on April 14th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

Had to shower after watching the video!!!!!!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 14th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

im glad twisted metal is back..although i think they couldve got alittle more creative with the name but whatever its still going to be an awesome game. DAY1 purchase for me. Also i would like to know if this game will have any CO-OP ONLINE CAMPAIGN? that option would add alot of fun to the game IMO :p

+ Kirkpad on April 14th, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

@16, Some good points. I had a large discussion with someone the other day about how fun it was to work through each character and see the intro-middle-end cutscenes for each character. I just assumed that formula would be back again.

+ DeathGazer on April 14th, 2011 at 10:54 am said:

Extended trailers are always better :) Gotta love Calypso!

+ TheGuardianFID on April 14th, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

SWEET!!! It’s the only word that fits the description!!! 8P 8)

+ ShadowOfEden on April 14th, 2011 at 11:05 am said:

Ice cream. THE reason to get a PS3.

+ twistedfloyd on April 14th, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

YES!!!! Ah, new trailer is awesome, and god I can’t wait for this masterpiece!!!!

+ Robbie_G_lrish on April 14th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

That was a GREAT trailer. I’m really liking the look and feel of this.

+ The_Ottsel on April 14th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Look a the photo it seems Sweet Tooth needs to make a pit stop and change a tire!
Seriously now, I love the series, but Eat, Sleep, Play need to do a much better job with the graphics, just do that and we have a sure winner!

+ DNAgent on April 14th, 2011 at 11:21 am said:

Due to the witch doctor Grimm in this version, I won’t buy this at all (If I play it then I’ll skip his storyline if at all possible). This is easily the worst design for Mr. Grimm ever (even the later TM had better designs for him). This reboot fails.

+ Techno769 on April 14th, 2011 at 11:38 am said:

The trailer looked sadistic enough for me not to want to buy it, I mean yeah car combat’s great, but not when it’s evil and demonic, almost satanic….

+ shyguyNC on April 14th, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

unrelated, but I wanted to mention it somewhere. if one visits :http://blog.us.playstation.com/, one gets to a maintenance screen. It looks like someone forgot to flip the default home page back in your server software. please fix, very annoying for those of us who keep the home page bookmarked .

+ cheechoo on April 14th, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

Why does it say “Preorder now for early access” ????????? =0

+ TruRage on April 14th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

Wow, cool video. Kinda got a “Saw” Vibe from it, but game is looking fantastic. I can’t wait to play!

+ Techno769 on April 14th, 2011 at 11:45 am said:

@shyguyNC In all URLs the “:” doesn’t go before the “http.” Bookmark http://blog.us.playstation.com/ and you’ll be fine.

+ shyguyNC on April 14th, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

never mind my comment (31). cleared my browser cache and it’s fine.

+ IrishPete333 on April 14th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

I am very excited for TM to come out. My friends and I would play the original game for hours on end. This is going to be a great game I can tell already, I have total faith in Jaffe and EatSleepPlay. I will pre order this. Thanks guys!

+ poodude on April 14th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

It only does: Ice Cream

I am forever in love with Sony for that one.

+ BLipp17 on April 14th, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

sweet tooths classic laugh always sends a chill down my spine. its so awesome!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on April 14th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

Sweet! I will be pre-ordering this soon!

+ kivi95 on April 14th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

I love this game as it’s just about fun.

+ OMGmyFACE on April 14th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

@31 If you can look at this trailer and think “satanic” in a bad way, Twisted Metal is NOT for you. Actually, that goes for anyone who can say “ewww, that’s satanic.” You probably shouldn’t be playing Twisted Metal.

+ Zezzler on April 14th, 2011 at 12:32 pm said:

I have to say, the live action people really fit the style of the game. They look really slick, and just generally badasś. I can’t wait to get my hands on this awesome game. It just looks like it would awesome fun with a bunch of friends. Great work over at Eat Sleep Play!

+ D-Squad3 on April 14th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

It only does ice cream!

And they edited the part with Sweettooth and the girl because people were whining about it.

+ VegaC18 on April 14th, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

@ 15
It’s all about mayhem & carnage.
Trust me when i say this…You’re Going To Be Too Busy To Care About The Graphics

+ GreyLynx on April 14th, 2011 at 12:58 pm said:

AXEL POWER!

+ Detective-E on April 14th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

early access eh?
so there’s unlocks

+ Xenosuke808 on April 14th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

1:06-1:09
For shame Mr. Jaffe for shame.
You let a couple personal(idiotic) opinions alter the appearance of the new trailer
For someone that speaks his mind, it should be the same with his video games.

This is YOUR game Jaffe
Do what is right

+ KiD_CuDi24 on April 14th, 2011 at 2:18 pm said:

THIS GAME IS LEGIT!!! IM GONNA BUY THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!

+ Airwalkinman17 on April 14th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

even the live action stuff looks incredible!
I’m usually “eh, whatever” when it comes to live action stuff, but you can really see Jaffe’s background in movies come though on them. they do look pretty flippin’ awesome.
anyway, pre-ordered. this games’ lookin Super Good!!!!

PAGE 1 2