No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet 2 Hits Four Million Levels!

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Apr 15, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

First of all, LittleBigPlanet fans – a congratulations is in order. Thanks to all of you, we recently hit a very cool milestone – more than FOUR MILLION LittleBigPlanet levels (LBP1 & LBP2) have now been shared online by players around the world.

Four million – or to be exact, 4,141,742! To give you a sense of how big that number is, if you played LBP straight for 12 hours a day and only played each level for 5 minutes, it would take you more than 78 years to play through all of them. WOW!

Here’s a message of appreciation to all of you from the folks over at Media Molecule…

“For us the most exciting thing has always been seeing what the community does with a LittleBigPlanet game when they get their hands on the new features and tools. We’re constantly delighted – and amazed – by their ingenuity and creativity, and it’s so inspiring to see the level of affection that exists for LittleBigPlanet amongst fans around the world.”

Contraption Challenge 13

cc13

Next up – the LittleBigPlanet Contraption Challenge has returned! If you have no idea what I’m talking about the Contraption Challenge is a series of tasks to test and reward the creativity of the LBP nation, coordinated by community members Nuclearfish, Chimpanzee, and other members of the PlayStation Community Team.

This specific challenge is to construct a working submarine – see full details on our European team’s forum here. The closing date for the contest is this Sunday, April 17th so feel free to check check out some of the great submissions on lbp.me using this handy link.

If you only look at one thing this week, check out the teaser trailer for the new series of Contraption Challenges, in case you didn’t see it a couple of weeks ago – it’s pretty awesome.

Upcoming Downloadable Costumes
Finally, an update on some of the imminent downloadable goodness coming to LittleBigPlanet 2. Our next release on the PlayStation Store will be the Tron: Evolution Minipack, which will be released on April 26th for $2.99. In the pack you’ll get two brand new costumes, plus a batch of handy new stickers – here’s some shiny neon pics…

LBPDLCDSTRMP0001-3-Stickers-HD

LBPDLCDSTRMP0001-1-Abraxas-HDLBPDLCDSTRMP0001-2-Anon-HD

May will see the release of the Killzone 3 Minipack and I couldn’t resist giving you a sneak peak at one of the two costumes from the pack, probably one of the coolest LBP costumes I’ve seen. Behold, the Hazmat Trooper…

LBPDLCSONYMP0005-Killzone3-2-Hazmat-HD

Combine this together with the original Killzone costume kit (which is fully compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2, remember) and you’ll have all the tools to recreate the battle for Helghan down to the finest detail. What could be better than that?

45 Comments

+ Crimson_Ryan on April 15th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

That’s some amazing statistics there! LittlebigPlanet sure has quite the following(With good reason!). :)

Nice quick look of the new DLC. It looks amazing! Deffo gonna buy the Tron Pack.

All you guys have to do is announce a Mass Effect costume pack and I will literally go out and buy another copy of the game. I’m not kidding. Try me. I’ll go buy it right now.

You guys are awesome. :)

+ MegaClank on April 15th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

Congrats on 4 million! But that Helghast costume…. I want it! :D

+ Kryshalis on April 15th, 2011 at 8:16 am said:

….and half of the 4 million are empty, unfinished levels people published to get the trophies….

+ SilverBlade51 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

That Hazmat Trooper sackboy looks awesome.

+ ElChingon2588 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

Awesome Cant wait. I want those costumes :)

+ scarecroe on April 15th, 2011 at 8:33 am said:

When can we expect to see more Muppet costumes? Gonzo is getting lonely :(

+ phillemand on April 15th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

cmon Mm make a zone of enders pack. guy’s try search zone of enders its EPIC

+ Ama_Daoes on April 15th, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

I might indulge in that Killzone 3 pack…

+ Gogzilla on April 15th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

4 million levels. Most of which are empty or unfinished levels. Then, most of the Mm picks & “Cool” levels are crap, while great levels that people spend much more time perfecting get 1 or 2 plays. To find these levels you have to be real lucky.

+ Link01 on April 15th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

awesome, are you guys adding any more story levels like the metal gear pack?

+ AguilarX on April 15th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

we need new levels! like the metal gear and pirates of the caribbean.

+ loadstone007 on April 15th, 2011 at 9:31 am said:

The campaign was fun and all, but the multiplayer is kinda boring. Didn’t play the game in a month now… It’s too much of a chore to find every time a new level.

+ Ethereal on April 15th, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

Congrats to everyone! Hazmat Sackboy is awesome….

+ fabtrocks on April 15th, 2011 at 9:50 am said:

In June we’ll get the ‘Staue of Liberty’ costume I hope I want it.

+ Boss_Tycoon_ on April 15th, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Sephiroth sackboy please!

That Hazmat trooper looks great btw, I’ll buy it day one.

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on April 15th, 2011 at 9:59 am said:

Hm, I wonder what the other costume could be? Stahl? Rico? Orlock?

I’ll definitely be buying it regardless.

+ Mijeme on April 15th, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

hhhmmm, well firsts of all who celebrates 4 million, it’s usually five million, and second of all that TRON: Legacy pack seems awesome, and finally…WE WANT A FINAL FANTASY LEVEL KIT AND LEVEL PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Argetlam350 on April 15th, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Well it’s been a wait but I have to say the wait for the DLC is now worth it. These upcoming packs look incredible. Awesome as well about 4 million levels on LBP and LBP2 over the span of the games life. Even though not all are perfect it’s still cool to see such a communitee on a game as such.
Now I want it to be tuesday to get my hands on the Tron DLC. XD

+ gunner10elite on April 15th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

+ k1llabeastie on April 15th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

Pretty awesome Killzone costume!

+ Newhawner on April 15th, 2011 at 11:39 am said:

It looks like there are rumors that LittleBigPlanet 3 are running around is this true?

+ MTJohnson1977 on April 15th, 2011 at 11:40 am said:

Wow, quite the Negative Bunch above.

As far as MM “Cool” levels. Most of them are cool in their own right, doesn’t mean everyone likes them. These are levels that stood out above all the rest.

If LBP 2 isn’t your thing then so be it.

I happen to love this game and the fact that my son and I can sit and play together makes this game one of the best.

Thank you MM! Can’t wait for the DLC.

+ Korbei83 on April 15th, 2011 at 11:41 am said:

Where and how is that all stored? And just how much data is it?

+ Sharingan_itachi on April 15th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

LEVEL KITS , please.cherries on side?

+ angelspawn77 on April 15th, 2011 at 1:08 pm said:

Wow 4 million! That’s amazing, you have enough levels to last a lifetime with this game! That Killzone costume looks absolutely AWESOME!

+ Brandon_2535 on April 15th, 2011 at 1:13 pm said:

That Hazmat Trooper is amazing!

+ digitalman123 on April 15th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

Hazmat looks sweet, Tron costumes looks sweer. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Hows about givin’ us a Jak and Daxter sticke/item pack? Devil May Cry pack? Murray from Sly Cooper costume? At least give us something to expect later in the year!

+ Budapesti on April 15th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

Sixteen of those 4 million levels are by yours truly.
Thank you! Thank you!

+ Stragen8 on April 15th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

Wheres my uncharted costumes, mainly elena, but i love killzone just as much, we need some killzone avatars, like stahl!

+ DarkOne_PR on April 15th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

so….. where is my sackboy sephiroth…..???

+ cheezr on April 15th, 2011 at 9:43 pm said:

So where is the move support? or does “move compatible” on the box cover just mean if there is a move in the room LBP2 wont mind?

+ shadysaiyanz on April 15th, 2011 at 11:02 pm said:

OMG!!!! That Killzone one is YESS!!!!

+ leored83 on April 16th, 2011 at 12:30 am said:

that looks so koooooool by the way why dont they make like spiderman 2099, star wars the force unleashed guy, or the guitar from guitarhero and the costumes to

+ the_irock on April 16th, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

please sackboy sephiroth. btw those tron costumes look bad (in a good way).

+ the_irock on April 16th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

i agree with #6 i want my sackboy to look like kermit so badly.

+ ILuvBlueMorThanU on April 16th, 2011 at 9:13 am said:

This is soo amazing btw 6 of the levels are mine :P

+ Zhi13 on April 16th, 2011 at 11:49 am said:

Awesome costumes!

+ marlyt on April 16th, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

LBP…you complete me…

+ Vorlord on April 16th, 2011 at 4:42 pm said:

I keep asking this from the LBP community site forums and on here, but where can I find footage from the Guinness World Record event in NY? I was at the event, promised a piece of the footage from when I was on by the Laptop Ladies and never received anything!

+ YungShep on April 16th, 2011 at 11:05 pm said:

thats too epic i really need to spend more time playing LBP 2

+ Nugeddi69 on April 17th, 2011 at 2:09 am said:

that Killzone 3 Costume looks cool and my Birthday is at 26th April :D

+ Feral_Dragon on April 17th, 2011 at 7:08 am said:

Finally, some NEW costumes and not selling out what was supposed to be preorder and CE exclusive content. But have you fixed multiplayer yet? So far it`s been nothing but a bunch of loading screens and horrible lag, and players get kicked out of lvls like crazy – especially through a level link. This game has forced me to play on my own since day one, and it doesn`t help that all the new LBP2 levels are single player only…

4 million is a nice mark, but the others are right. About 85% of those levels are either unnamed, empty, copied, or H4H crap that`s just there so the lazy players could get the trophies.

PLEASE fix multiplayer, and please do something about game data loss. It`s happening to a lot of people and apparently in a bunch of different ways. Some people lost their game data by loading a level, some claim it`s from Acing and Collecting everything in story, and I lost mine by simply sticking the game in my PS3.

+ Feral_Dragon on April 17th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

Here`s a DLC idea: Final Fantasy Dissidia costume packs, like you did with Marvel, and include characters from the new Dissidia too(ie Lightning, Tifa, etc). That way, everyone is happy and garunteed to get a favorite FF character, and Sephiroth is included.

+ carlosgormitisen on April 17th, 2011 at 8:48 am said:

Ola carlosgormiti,

um abração do teu papá!!!!

+ kai157 on April 24th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

i got the collectors edition as a valentines day gift from my girlfriend and now these 2 dlc packs are just making me love littlebig planet even more