Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Apr 15

MotorStorm Apocalypse Racing onto Store Shelves May 3

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Brian Dunn on Apr 15, 2011 // Associate Product Marketing Manager

I am pleased to announce that MotorStorm Apocalypse will be in stores across North America beginning May 3. That means that in just a few short weeks, you’ll be able to get your hands on the most exciting MotorStorm game to date, with more action than a summer Hollywood blockbuster!

MotorStorm Apocalypse Skyline

To give you a taste as to what’s in store come May 3, take a look at our recent sit-down interview with Game Director Matt Southern as he talks about his vision for MotorStorm Apocalypse and how the game will deliver one of the best racing experiences to date on the PS3:

MotorStorm Apocalypse Premier Pack image

Gamespot recently gave the game an 8.5, saying the “destructive environments and excellent track design make MotorStorm Apocalypse one of the most exciting racing experiences on the PlayStation 3.” And IGN can’t wait for the game, saying “MotorStorm Apocalypse has me all revved up… Controls feel tight and the destruction is off the charts. Toss in how pretty this game is and how impressed I am with 3D… (It) can’t get here soon enough.” Look for more reviews for the US launch to start hitting soon as we get closer to launch.

MotorStorm Apocalypse Mainline
MotorStorm Apocalypse Skyline Mile High

There’s still plenty of time left before May 3 to pre-order your copy of the game and receive one of the exclusive Carbon Edition vehicles available. Choose from the supercar, rally car, or superbike. Each exclusive vehicle also comes with a sticker decal pack to trick out your in-game vehicles with the deep vehicle livery editor, as well as a unique dynamic theme and set of PSN avatars.

MotorStorm Apocalypse pre-order car

We’ll be posting more MotorStorm Apocalypse news between now and launch, including information about the upcoming demo and DLC plans, so stay tuned here to the PlayStation.Blog!

PAGE 1 2

+ remanutd5 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:03 am said:

finally!!!!!! LUNATICS UNITE!!!!!

+ G-Force08 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

Great news :)

I will be picking this up on May 3rd then.

+ elcheapo on April 15th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

+ Butters360 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:11 am said:

Finally! Been waiting on the new US launch for a while. Thanks.

+ Korbei83 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

Pre-order complete. S’gonna be good.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Brian Dunn on April 15th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

Great! Which vehicle are you getting?

+ remanutd5 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

i like the set design where the interview was conducted , black suits you well Mat , good presentation , wasnt impressed at your look in the dev dairy videos , no offense but you looked like you were on crack on those videos , i like the way you talked about Motorstorm Apocalypse and in general , not all video game directors know how to talk about their games ( Infamous and God of War 3 ) directors are very good examples of that in my opinion they are very good director but dont know how to talk in public yet ( even though i think Stig has been into classes on learning how to handle the public im not sure about that but i think he has ) anyways most of the people here wont noticed what i said but since i work in the interior design and social events business i couldnt help but noticed that , is Kevin Buttler doing a MSA tv spot ? anyways i cant wait to have that bad boy on my ps3

+ DaveedT13 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

Great news, I waiting to know if I buy MK or MS to my little brother, depending on what he want. I’ll buy both for me. NO DEMO BEFORE RELEASE? I would have liked to try my hands on it before, I want to know how the controls feels in this iteration of MS.

On another note, I don’t care for 3D, it saddens me that games of this generation will takes a little hit in the graphic department now that Sony is pushing 3D…

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Brian Dunn on April 15th, 2011 at 10:42 am said:

There will be a demo for the game soon. Keep watching the blog for info.

+ Hellman on April 15th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

SWEET gotta pre-order soon! =D

+ erick_34 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:30 am said:

Going to pre-order

+ Newhawner on April 15th, 2011 at 7:34 am said:

I just wanna know about the demo day because I send you guys a email about the demo beta key not working and I wanna know if you still gonna have a demo before May 3, 2011

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Brian Dunn on April 15th, 2011 at 10:43 am said:

Demo is coming very soon, so hang tight.

+ Armyless on April 15th, 2011 at 7:42 am said:

This looks as though it will be too much to miss. Great blog interview, really sealed the deal for me.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Brian Dunn on April 15th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Glad you enjoyed the video. Matt’s really passionate about his craft, and it comes through not only the video, but the game itself.

+ butcherknife on April 15th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

I pre-ordered a while back from Amazon and was getting worried. Glad to hear it is coming soon.

+ TheGuardianFID on April 15th, 2011 at 7:47 am said:

SOLD!!! 8)

+ marlyt on April 15th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

Hooray!!! Finally a release date. See y’all online.

+ RE_Player on April 15th, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

I’ve never actually bought a Motorstorm game before, always played the demos but never made the purchase. Being 3 days before my birthday I think this will make for an excellent birthday gift. Can’t wait to play.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

+ Brian Dunn on April 15th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Happy early birthday! Yes, great timing. I’m sure you’ll have a blast with the game.

+ marlyt on April 15th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

@ #11
Where’d you get that avatar? I wants me one.

+ G00seG00se on April 15th, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

Finally! I was ready to give up all hope.

+ Link01 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

Took long enough ;)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:07 am said:

April 19 – Socom 4 & UNFORTUNATELY Mortal Kombat
May 3 – Motorstorm: Apocalypse ( THANK GOD & SONY) God Bless Japan BTW
June 7- Infamous 2 (HERO EDITION OF COURSE)
September 6 – Resistance 3
October 4 – Twisted MotherLoving Metal >:p
November 1 – Uncharted 3

In other words this year SONY is WINNING!

+ YungShep on April 15th, 2011 at 8:17 am said:

Yessssss!!!!!! Already had it pre orderefor better or worse. If you have a EU PSN acct you can download the demo there, I’ve been playing it since the beginning of march its really epic! And there’s so much more with 3D!

+ spunnups on April 15th, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

How many maps?

Will the vehicles be customizable?

Will the online ranking be similar to other Motorstorms?

Will the bike’s/ATV’s be able to do in-air tricks?

**To the PS Blog**

Can we please get a notification and reply feature similar to Facebook? Would love to be able to interact with other fans on articles like this. Thanks.

+ Eastcoastghost25 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

Finally after after the previous motorstorm games that came out this was the one that got my attention, Apocalypse to me was the game motorstorm should have been from the start. After playing the demo I was sold this game is amazing;the demo track was so fun to race with things exploding and falling around you. Anyone who hasn’t played the demo I downloaded it from the Hong Kong store, it might be in the U.K. store as well.

+ DM404 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:20 am said:

It’s about time!

Nice that we’re getting a vehicle pack to go with this. But will any of the vehicles from the previous motorstorm games ever be available for DLC?

+ TruEve on April 15th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

I really love the passion and commitment Matt Souther (and Evolution) has! Glad the game is finally releasing in the US; wish the best for you folks. From an American, cheers!

+ TruEve on April 15th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

Matt Southern* ;)

+ gumi42 on April 15th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

Awesome, so glad we are finally getting this game.
Thanks to all of the guys at Evolution.

+ Killabee on April 15th, 2011 at 8:57 am said:

good news

+ KILLZONE79 on April 15th, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Is this finally official cause last you guys came on here with a release date and it was delayed

+ Tank_Baked on April 15th, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

You can download the demo from the UK store . Its been there for 2 weeks now . Really awesome game for sure . Intense .

Not sure why it isn’t in our store yet . Makes no sense .

+ Ethereal on April 15th, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

Sweet just in time for my birthday!

+ Juanblue85 on April 15th, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

I already have the Hong Kong version but I will be nice and get this version too. Question though when racing online can you play against everyone like from all continents? or only in the US?

+ fsavoie on April 15th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Any comments on the rubber banding on that game compare to the other ones?

+ KREEPYKRAWLLY on April 15th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Are UK gamers getting anything, for free, similar to the fiery vehicles ?

+ Boxster17 on April 15th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Was a bit disappointed when it got delayed, but glad to hear it’s not too far out now. Will definitely be picking this up when it comes out, just going to need to decide on which bonus car I’ll want (hoping the demo will help me figure out which class to choose for that).

+ D4rkr1der2468 on April 15th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

I’ve had this game preordered since early march. I`m getting the car from gamestop. I’d rather have the bike but… whatever. more convient. SO PUMPED!

+ kevinzzzcool on April 15th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

Finally a stable NA release date. I pre-ordered this game a couple weeks before it got delayed so I was pretty disappointed when it did. I’ve been waiting for this game for a long time and I really can’t wait for it now. As for vehicles; does the vehicle that you get vary on where you pre order, or do you get to choose when you put the game in? I think i’ll get the bike if I have the choice. I’ve played the demo for the game and it is definitely the best racing game I have ever played!!

+ KadillaK on April 15th, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

Thank you very much for the update! I’ve been waiting patiently to find out when I can finally get this game! I cannot wait!

+ tomstockmail on April 15th, 2011 at 10:18 pm said:

Does Apocalypse support some wheels? I think it’s safe to assume a lot of PS3 owners own a wheel now that GT5 finally came out. Plus it’s a racing game. Racing game + wheel = immersion.

+ LightningBlade18 on April 16th, 2011 at 12:27 am said:

About time, EU has had this game for over a month.

+ MaestroX on April 16th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

hurray! pre-ordering now!

+ uncleniccius on April 16th, 2011 at 2:23 pm said:

will the uk be getting the 2 dlc cars? and are they skins or separate cars? because we have had one dlc and that was a separate car (the supercar elite)

+ NigelDocker on April 16th, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

“I’m also happy to reveal that every new copy of the game will include a voucher for the Premier Pack DLC bundle, which will give you two exclusive in-game vehicles and more (pictured below).”

Iv’e already got the game here in the UK and its great i love it, a few niggles not working proply online at the moment but im sure it will be patched in no time. But I never got any code for ‘dlc’ in my new copy? Iv’e already supported you guys and payed the £4.00 for that one skin of a (special one time) car to show my support because of the lack of viehcles at the moment (Ino theres lots of other stuff in the game like tracks and destruction but ultimatly you could have included more viehcles in the finished game but kept them back for ‘dlc’), which is incredibly expensive, but I get it you don’t haveto buy it but I wan’t to show my support because i like the game. But will I be able to get this free DLC when it comes out in america also? If not they I will be extremely annoyed and im not joking will probly get rid of it just for the principle.

So my question is will I be able to get this free DLC in the UK as I already have the game? Or do you expect me to go and buy a new copy? or not be able to have them atall…

+ thunderbear on April 16th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Very excited about this game. Have actually avoided a lot of media because I don’t want the game spoiled. Imagine that, worried about spoilers in a racing game! Was waiting for the solid release date to pre-order. Getting my VIP Theatre in the mail any day so perfect timing for my projector 3D setup! Can’t wait to experience it in 3D!

+ SSully on April 16th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

I have gotten each motorstorm game on release day and loved them to death, this shouldn’t be any different. Keep up the great work Evolution Studios!

+ CrazedZombies91 on April 17th, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

I”m thinking of getting game mostly from gamefly(Buy it later :) but it will also be my first MotorStorm game.

+ MCPLAWESOME on April 17th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

for preordering this game i’m covered i’ve preordered it since March 12 so it’s all good

+ TallCrowe on April 15th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

Pre-orders are a thing of the past. Still I will be picking this game up eventually.

+ Delta-16 on April 15th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

+ scorpio182 on April 15th, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

I will try the demo and hope is handles well because it looks awesome!!!

I have both MS and hope this one has a different feel…

Going to check the demo!!!!

+ KwietStorm on April 15th, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

I was hearing things about June and beyond. Was starting to get shook. Glad it’s just a few more weeks. Will the demo be the same one from the EU store? Because I already have that one.

PAGE 1 2