Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 20

Apr 20

Update on PSN Service Outages

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We’re aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information.

Thank you for your patience.

Add Your Own

BEASTXJASON said:

April 20th, 10:19 pm

I cant sign on. I havent been on in awhile and it just wont let me play. This is beyond annoying. I dont think i will be renewing plus. Im all together disgusted at this point with the issues

j_mauer said:

April 20th, 10:23 pm

Attacking PSN users doesn’t help your cause. I just signed out and can’t sign back in. There isn’t anything wrong with my internet, I’m using it right now. I have charter internet in the Midwest.

blakseed said:

April 20th, 10:37 pm

I had no problems whatsoever signing in to my account, it’s just that pesky YLOD I got today that’s got me bummed out.

arkard1000 said:

April 20th, 10:38 pm

Can’t connect E80710A06

RoddMorT said:

April 20th, 10:40 pm

I had been on for a while with occasional disconnects… but a few minutes ago I tried to access PSN store, and it said something about failure in the attempt to add funds automatically… then I was like OMFG! never had I activated that before! whats going on! so i tried to access my account with no success either, got to a blank page with return icon and finally the log out. Since then, I havent been able to re-connect, always getting the 80710A06 error code, and now here I am… posting my frustration.

Im a psn+ member, and Im very happy for that. I dont blame sony at all for this technical issue like many do… Technical problems will always exist, especially in times when hack attacks are so common! ;)

Gogo_ZvC said:

April 20th, 10:45 pm

Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I’ve also been having some issues with it automatically signing in (aka not signing in).

Stop complaining about it, they’re working to fix it. Go and finish that Red Dead Redemption campaign, or Bioshock 2 single player, or something else you haven’t touched in a long time. Invite some friends over for co-op. PSN ain’t your life. Unless it is. If so, ignore this statement :)

After these issues are fixed, if anyone wants to play some Dungeon Hunter Alliance, add me!

thebadnews said:

April 20th, 10:47 pm

I can’t sign in at all which is a bummer. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

To people bickering back and forth over PS+, it’s really just a discount service so if you don’t want it, no big deal.

Skater_Ricky said:

April 20th, 10:49 pm

Here in the Midwest Springfield, MO using Comcast Cable Internet.

Internet works fine on PS3 Browser.

I didn’t have any issues tell I went from using PlayStation Home to wanting to play Socom 4 Online. Was going to play some CO-OP game play with new Socom friends and now I can’t login to PSN now.

ERROR Message: An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network. (80710A06)

Hope this gets fixed soon first night I can’t sign-in. :(

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

April 20th, 10:51 pm

thanks for the heads up guys

got me worried for a second there

undertaker9999 said:

April 20th, 10:55 pm

its down according to kotaku

JamesL007 said:

April 20th, 10:57 pm

I am in the same boat here, I can’t login and tried to reset my modem and all that thinking it was the problem, balls to us that can’t access the network tonight

Rognald said:

April 20th, 11:11 pm

PSN seems to be off. Why is that??

FireDragonGod said:

April 20th, 11:11 pm

*Sighs* I Got Signed Out, Now I Cant Sign In…I Gonna Slumber

VegaC18 said:

April 20th, 11:25 pm

HA!!!
I was playing Free Realms when I tried to access the PS store to buy something when I notice nothing was loading and I tried to go back and play but that window NEVER goes away (can someone fix that) so I quit.

So here I am LOL

fuzzyclutter said:

April 21st, 12:30 am

error code 80710A06 , is hilarious .. seriously , it has got to be the most general , cryptic , vague error code ever . according to error code look up 80710A06 means (drum roll please ) THE SYSTEM HAS ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE …….. WELLL YEAH … iknew that before hand !!!! LOL

Kchow23 said:

April 21st, 12:31 am

Man, PSN is becoming more and more unreliable…

Zarxce said:

April 21st, 12:40 am

BAH. Playing Portal 2. First it doesn’t give me some coop trophies (though online friend gets them), then the voice chat just suddenly dies and it doesn’t connect to steam. Then I reset and it doesn’t sign on to PSN at all.

I’m mostly concerned about the trophies…I hope those are retroactive when I sign back on…since I should have the later stages unlocked already…

JHS200 said:

April 21st, 12:49 am

Same here PSP. Error code 80551021. Then it doesn’t even attempt to connect at all. Does it have anything to do with 6.38?

Skater_Ricky said:

April 21st, 12:49 am

2 hours later and still can’t sign-in.

Well got to 64% on the Campaign on Socom 4 :) guess I did something productive during my down time. Guess its time for bed.

Anyone enjoying the Campaign on Socom 4?

Thank You Zipper for making Trophies that we can all achieve at rather the the previous Socom: Confrontation game we most people have 0% Trophies because it was way to hard to even earn a Bronze Trophy.

Let’s hope this is resolved by the time I get home tomorrow from work at 7pm CST.

JHS200 said:

April 21st, 12:49 am

It’s not even December 21. 2012 yet

Skater_Ricky said:

April 21st, 12:52 am

@JHS200 I believe you mean 12/12/2012 not 21 or maybe your right eaither way doesn’t relate to the PSN sign-in issue.

JHS200 said:

April 21st, 12:54 am

@Skater_Ricky It’s sarcastic humor :-)

Skater_Ricky said:

April 21st, 12:58 am

@JHS200 this issue is related directly to PlayStation Network so it could be Websites, PS3’s, and even PSP’s that are unable to connect to the PSN network all together.

infernowolf36 said:

April 21st, 12:59 am

FTR: sony plus is totally worth it. the loads of free classics as well as free minis. yeah some of them arent great. but consider it free unlimited testing. plus the games dont expire so your collection can only grow.

what do you get for paying for xbox? 80 credits to a dollar and teamspeak? i get free online and plus membership games.

bam!

proskatercam said:

April 21st, 1:21 am

Way to go Sony for the constant support and uptime for PSN along with realizing what users want and making them happen! +1

rchristai said:

April 21st, 1:25 am

So…. any idea on when will the PSN back on? This take too long already! Maybe next time you down, you should refund me every seconds I paid for the PSN+!

fukfukfukfukfuk said:

April 21st, 1:30 am

these hackers are ruining our lives, blame them

tonydamiani said:

April 21st, 1:53 am

so thats why I cant log in since 3 days ago omg

guitain said:

April 21st, 1:57 am

Hey! At least it’s free!

Michelasso said:

April 21st, 2:15 am

Is it down because of the new bloody Home release?

Conrad_Max said:

April 21st, 2:21 am

People, please calm down and relax. We have been through this before – here or on any other site. As most of us have experienced this before, let us reassure new users that things will get better.

Come on, people. Most of us are not new here on the PSN. Instead of spreading words of disappointment and panic, let the newcomers to the PSN and the Blog) that everything will be up and running shortly.
And maybe, perhaps, reassure each other.

Everything will be okay.

MEH2A said:

April 21st, 2:46 am

Come On !!

BanzaiHeil said:

April 21st, 3:12 am

I’d be mad if we had to pay for the service, but I guess I can’t complain tooo much since we don’t. (Although, I do pay for Plus, and can’t access it, so…)

Drebin_Bushido said:

April 21st, 4:19 am

I wanna sign in NOOOOOOOOOOOW omg omg my life how dare these hackers:( i want to put a gun behing there head and see how they like it… Sm1 tell me there locations and i seriosly would go taking them out 1 by 1XD Sony please upgrade your godness by using ur awsomeness to resolve the situation…

Troubleman901 said:

April 21st, 4:20 am

FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!

jqtaxpayer said:

April 21st, 4:39 am

I’ve had trouble logging in for over a week. Whatever, I’ll just play a single-player game until the problem’s resolved. Some of the reactions around here are ridiculous, like Sony just took your oxygen away.

XSPACEGODZILLAX said:

April 21st, 4:43 am

stop hacking psn fight cancer instead, you losers

DJ_DTM said:

April 21st, 4:46 am

I’m bored…

JHS200 said:

April 21st, 4:51 am

@jqtaxpayer I can’t register 40 or so games I purchased because of a new psp system. I’m turning blue.

digitalman123 said:

April 21st, 5:02 am

Not much of an update more than a declaration of what’s happening…
I haven’t been out of it, but it takes a little longer to log-in than usual…

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

April 21st, 5:09 am

is this the reason why we din’t pay tax theses last 2 weeks? XD

xxnike629xx said:

April 21st, 5:19 am

I haven’t tried on my PS3, but on the PSP, I keep getting a timed out error. It’s been like that for almost a week now.

o_O

I checked on GameFAQs and people have also posted about it.

Knightedrik said:

April 21st, 5:33 am

I can’t believe this is happening.. So, Sony? What are we going to get for free due to this MAJOR, MAJOR problem? How about, oh I don’t know.. a free 3 months of PS Plus? You know, due to the fact that your entire system imploded…

(I still love you! ^^)

clupula668 said:

April 21st, 5:37 am

I’m not going to publicize who I think are responsible, but I have a feeling this is not Sony’s fault. And if my suspicion is correct, I’m actually really angry.

DarkHawk2099 said:

April 21st, 5:37 am

I’ve been experiencing problems on & off all week now I can’t sign in at all. It really sucks when you want to play DC Universe & you are paying for a subscription you can’t use. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

TheStza said:

April 21st, 5:58 am

the hacker must have stolen the Star Wars 3 Legos for psp download…. dang hacker….

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

April 21st, 6:00 am

@TheStza
XD lol

erick_34 said:

April 21st, 6:02 am

I want to play Socom 4 online !!!!

dlhdav7 said: