PS4-Infamous

Update on PSN Service Outages

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Apr 20, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We’re aware certain functions of PlayStation Network are down. We will report back here as soon as we can with more information.

Thank you for your patience.

208 Comments

+ FAI-SAL-500 on April 21st, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

,,,^_^

+ Autoxfool on April 21st, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

And still can’t log on.

Anytime now. And, of course, thanks for keeping us posted.

+ xzile on April 21st, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable. Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behaviour by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service.
Our engineers are continuing to work to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers’ continued support. For further information, please refer to updates on PlayStation.com, here on PlayStation.Blog and via our @PlayStationEU twitter feed.

+ xzile on April 21st, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

Hmmm an outside party, eh?

+ xxfamasarmyxx97 on April 21st, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

Thank you for ensuring us that your working on this problem. i truly wish i could be online schooling my freinds in call of duty mw2 and black ops and battlefield bc2.please hurry and fix the servers

+ xxfamasarmyxx97 on April 21st, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

an outside party microsoft nd nintendo i hope its not you. it wouldnt be good for your well being

+ xxfamasarmyxx97 on April 21st, 2011 at 8:58 am said:

i would love to kill the person responsible for acking up sony’s servers but they’re hiding in a hole running from us

+ Drebin_Bushido on April 21st, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

yeeeeee i say we k11111111l because without my playstation to k11111111l it’s boring so lets k1111111l for real:)

+ Trieloth on April 21st, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

I sure hope you guys/gals get this fixed before iam done with work. I needs to play more Socom!! the co-op is so freaking awesome!

+ DEXER_82 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

i havent been able to sign in 1 to my account

+ zombie9 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:07 am said:

Thanks for update. I went home for lunch to check and I’m down to. Every thing runs fine except I can’t sign in. internet looks great though:)

+ JillyDad on April 21st, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

How about you guys put Lumines for the PSP on as an appology when you get it sorted out? Maybe free for Plus members?
Just an idea. ;)

+ CrazedZombies91 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:24 am said:

i can’t sign in at all today hope it gets fixed soon

+ Rognald on April 21st, 2011 at 9:27 am said:

I don’t this is a big deal, I play offline all the time. I just go online once in a while to get updates, buy something or to win a trophy… Oh yeah, and to post my trophies on Facebook :]

+ UnholierThanThou on April 21st, 2011 at 9:30 am said:

@xxfamasarmyxx97 You need a counselor.

+ Weezy_F_187 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:34 am said:

does it work now?? (“-”)

+ Mr_Evo on April 21st, 2011 at 9:35 am said:

Is this recent outage the work of Anonymous? i thought they said no more DDoS would happen.

Well what ever the reason, Sony you have my full support.

+ Johnmark on April 21st, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

nothing like this every really happened to sony until those dam hackers decided they were all hurt sony went after them for hacking the system.

+ Weezy_F_187 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:36 am said:

Cant they fix this and let us play online at the same time? like they fix it in a new update?

+ Weezy_F_187 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

i think its the xbox360 fanboys that causes the problems…

+ Weezy_F_187 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:39 am said:

i hate this

+ Weezy_F_187 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:40 am said:

anyone who wants to play RED DEAD REDEMPTION WHEN PSN IS ONLINE , ADD ME

+ zabelzerolp on April 21st, 2011 at 9:43 am said:

WOW I can’t belive it’s been out all this time. It’s surely must be a record time that the PSN has been out of service. They better have someone working the graveyard shift to fix the problems. All thru out the day. Mmmmm Let me think of how many employes does SCEA have working on this issue. it better be a whole damm team of at least 50-100. Why because I seriously cannot remmeber the time that the PSN has been out of service this long. Thanks SCEA for working hard & mainting the PSN service good. lets all jope this issue gets resolved good.So it will never happen again. :) (I want to play Portal 2 & Socom 4 online).

+ FRANKMAN1 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Sony any update? Whats taking so long!

+ pitythefool852 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

From EU blog:

“While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.”

Looks like the PSN staff are having a really bad day. Good luck, guys

+ FRANKMAN1 on April 21st, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

@173 Are you kidding me?!?!?! Noooooooo :(

+ igorrocks2 on April 21st, 2011 at 10:10 am said:

Hackers THIS IS WAR! All IT users from 0 PLAYSTATION NATION LET’S DDoS Anonymous Team to Death

+ KNOWLEDGEND on April 21st, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

Still not fixed. What the hell
is up with this

+ JaY_Ci_415 on April 21st, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Because of this I was given a loss in MLB The Show and let me tell you…I was NOT a happy camper. And I also have to sign in everytime I sign in as it’s not doing it automaticaly.

This is weak.

+ sid4peeps on April 21st, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

there is a video out there, which cannot be posted here, and this is what it says at the end of the video…this is a recent video…

…at the end of the video, “Sony, prepare for the biggest attack you have ever witnessed, Anonymous style”

google helps…

+ AnimeRemix on April 21st, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Hope everything is back to normal soon…

+ xXCoLtKiLLeR on April 21st, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

i hope sony gets hacked to hell. Pieces of crap, with crap service.. Why do people ven play a ps3 online its terrible, Xbox ftw..

+ ajayghosal on April 21st, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

im buying an xbox. forget this free crappy psn

+ LordRaymond on April 21st, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Lol if this is the work of anonymous, then they really need to get a life. Being a terrorist does not get people on your side. Also 180 is a xbot fanboy.

+ Nescau_BR on April 21st, 2011 at 4:00 pm said:

3 hollydays sequence in Brazil(April 21, 22 and 23) and just in these days PSN is off. NOBODY DESERVES.

+ Squall1979 on April 21st, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Certain functions? Why not just say you can’t log in right now because your [DELETED] is broke.

+ sid4peeps on April 21st, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

actually, i don’t own M$ crapbox of FAIL…
i am a dedicated Sony user, since before PS…infact, because of the quality of PS/PS2 i have bought numerous SONY products, including a list which looks fan-boyish…

2x PS3s
PS2
PS
PSone
2x PSP2000
PSP3000
PSPgo
2x Bravia LCD TVs
Sony VAIO laptop
2x Sony Ericsson xperia X10s
etc…
oh and tons of software and peripherals for the consoles…

so DONT ever call me a xbox fanboy !!!

and yes, I AM UPSET because PSN is down, i am upset that PSPLUS is going down the crapper…who wouldnt be? GRRRRR

+ KingDubin on April 21st, 2011 at 5:36 pm said:

I can’t sign in at all. Really sucks as I was looking forward to play GT5 and Shift 2: Unleashed today. Oh, well. ;(

+ Detective-E on April 21st, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

figures man, i want to play mk pretty badly

+ sid4peeps on April 21st, 2011 at 6:52 pm said:

i wish to correct myself, it seems as if Anonymous is NOT responsible, i’m sorry if i had mislead and pointed fingers early…BUT, even Anon has said that it could have been someone within them, or someone rogue…but, it is def not them as a group…

anyhow…sony, i hope in the end, i have $50 in my wallet…lol…

+ Permafry_42 on April 21st, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

Great! i just got Portal 2 (which i now can’t play online), and i might miss out on a free $10 psn+ game i wanted to download (Comet Crash). Thanks sony! and ps3 fanboys wonder why 360 users love xbl so much…

+ SSJStarwind16 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

It’s cool Sony…you guys take your time. I am not at all upset about this.

Could be worse, could be like my buddy his 360 just died and he sent it off to MS, he won’t be playing any games (Single player or online) for 6-8 weeks while he waits for it to be returned for the 3rd time!!! Once it comes back he says he’s buying a PS3.

I have been focusing on Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat single player stories during this time. When the PSN comes back online I will be hitting Killzone 3 and COD again though, lol.

The only other time I can think of this happening was about a year ago when there was a clock problem with the older systems. But oh well. Still makes me laugh, Live went down a couple of years ago on Christmas and Live users sued.

Ah well get well soon PSN. We miss you, lol

+ kevbobbly on April 21st, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

OMg i had this problem for 6 months now i got this ps3 6 motnths ago hoping to play some hard core blops then you have been disconnected from the PSN for 6 months Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ kevbobbly on April 21st, 2011 at 9:10 pm said:

every thing eletric in my house is sonny but this Ps3 realy let me down bummer:(:(:(:(

+ SSJStarwind16 on April 21st, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

Playstation_RLS says it has something to do with Japan…I…dunno.

+ iKC-GRIDER on April 22nd, 2011 at 4:19 am said:

+ iKC-GRIDER on April 22nd, 2011 at 4:26 am said:

We are Anonymous,

We are legion,

We never forgive,

We never forget,….’]'[

+ Nescau_BR on April 22nd, 2011 at 5:35 am said:

Sony, that’s the worst CHANGE I ever saw. A hightech company like you are all of this time with a PSN offline is inconceivable. If I do this in my job, I lose.

Some tips for SONY:

- Changes windows has to be only hours in global services, not days.
- Create a Disaster Recovery plan. (It is useful in situations like that.)

+ gold818 on April 22nd, 2011 at 6:06 am said: