Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Apr 21

Apr 21

Latest Update on PSN Outage

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8 9 10

socksandshoes22 said:

April 22nd, 9:41 am

I don’t mind not having single player, aside from Portal 2 and Bioshock 2, I have 9 games that are just single player that I haven’t even touched.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

April 22nd, 9:46 am

@300
THIS IS SPARTA!
lol

donavon915 said:

April 22nd, 9:47 am

yes we 300 hundered get out the arizona XD

K1773r37f said:

April 22nd, 9:48 am

We could use another update. I am a Unix/Linux Systems administrator for one of the worlds largest IT service providers. If we had a major outage like this, all sev 1 and sev2 outages in fact, it is our policy to update the user community every hour with:

High level description of problem or problems
Issues closed
Issues outstanding
Any new Issues
Estimated return to service time
Post RTS actions (root cause analysis report, resolution report, mitigation plan (How to prevent it in the future), lessons learned)

donavon915 said:

April 22nd, 9:53 am

lol sounds good to me bro

JaY_Ci_415 said:

April 22nd, 9:57 am

Man, this is weak. Hopefully it’s up by tonight. I work full time all week and when I get off of work I drown myself in beer and online gaming to relax before I go out later that night.

Not to mention Saturdays are a big day for me to catch up on gaming as well.

ericz2515 said:

April 22nd, 9:57 am

wtf, I’m bored, fix the freakin things already

sfgdfds said:

April 22nd, 10:02 am

you could, for example, go outside and talk to people. or if you find that hard, practice on some flowers first :)

AuToMaTiC_FaME said:

April 22nd, 10:06 am

Phuuck

MTJohnson1977 said:

April 22nd, 10:17 am

Awe mann.. can you at least tell us the cause or what you assume the cause to be?

Are you upgrading security for example?

I mean leaving us in the dark makes people more angry than letting us know what’s up.

Mindplague said:

April 22nd, 10:17 am

Man! just got Portal and wanted to play with my bud… As long as you make the PSN more robust, I’m down with the wait. You work hard, so that we can play hard! ;)

Blackstar131 said:

April 22nd, 10:25 am

Hurry up and fix it

pizzaboy53 said:

April 22nd, 10:26 am

come on wh can’t you do this at two in tne moring or something cause then i have things to do not now!!! cause now everybodies got a break and nothing to do and i would think someone must have said that before this!

dA_dRuNkEn_OnE_ said:

April 22nd, 10:32 am

I’m pretty pissed off at this too especially since its during Easter Break :l but then again every1 here complaining like ps3 is the only thing in their lives. Go outside and enjoy,talk to sum friends, don’t stay indoor on the videogames like its the only good thing in ure life. Unless if its bad weather or something then u probably don’t have a good reason.

Boots555 said:

April 22nd, 10:33 am

OK I’m really upset this is still not resolved. I bought some new games this week and should be able to play them online.

I1ULUZ said:

April 22nd, 10:35 am

Strange that Amazon is having server issues at the exact same time.

Rognald said:

April 22nd, 10:47 am

Okay, a bunch of sites are reporting crashes… WTF is going on??? Are we under attack???

dahmon said:

April 22nd, 10:48 am

hope it’ll end soon
I’ve just bought Portal 2 and need to catch up the Co-op :(

Kyddeath said:

April 22nd, 10:56 am

I love how people say that they are glad they did not pay for PSN +. Guess what? Even if you did not purchase it you would still be without service. The benefit of having PSN+ is all the free games and the discounts you get on games you purchase. I have already gotten back more then what it cost for a years prepaid subscription and I still have months of free stuff to get.

I do hope this outage is fixed soon but that is why I have a PC and the 2 other systems to play around on.

digitalman123 said:

April 22nd, 11:17 am

What’s all this ‘matainence’ business it’s talking to me about?
Hmmm, GLaDOS have something to do with this? And was gonna get Portal 2 soon…
Seriously, hows about actually updating us on what the problem is? Or at least tell us how much longer it’ll be!!!

KarlWinslow said:

April 22nd, 11:19 am

I want to play socom mp NOA

digitalman123 said:

April 22nd, 11:19 am

@318: How you get that avatar?

jayson-b1 said:

April 22nd, 11:30 am

i hope they update also! A HUGE update

Vyper82 said:

April 22nd, 11:45 am

How long can it take to fix it?????? My 4 year old son could’ve fixed it by now.

mcbuttz78 said:

April 22nd, 11:46 am

Sony listen to your family.. we are your family if this outage is becuase of the hackers. take them to jail. dont slap them on the wrist like you did geo hotz. because these guys have no honor among theives they have no soul among the soul less.. Go look at there websites and etc. there laughing at you/us. We over here suffering and asking why , what and how..

SOny I think its time you really got down and nasty with this.. I dont how will you do this but if this is last gamers console ship to be sunk and they trying to sink you . Get like ww2 capt general adams .” if keep the guns singing then there wont be no flower bring 4 your family back home. He sank 45 ships in 3 hours and was the only ww2 to return from japan water.. We need to lets the guns go on them get the feds in this and Us government involved this no longer just hacking . This is internet terrorism. They stealing funds exploiting gamers with ransom, bricking consoles. stealing dlc at will.

Becuase if dont take this matter on.We will continue to suffer .Please for sake of gaming save us..

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionarre group

DJ_DTM said:

April 22nd, 11:50 am

Figured it out!!

LOOK at your purchase history from PSN in your e-mail inbox notice where it says TAX on your purchase…
See the 0.00 TAX from the last three weeks.

This is serious, sony has lost HUGE. we are on lockdown untill they fire the right people and make price
changes.

See my post called NO NEW TAXES in the PS forum and join the discussion HERE-http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3423627

jayson-b1 said:

April 22nd, 11:54 am

@326 do you know anything else about the outage???

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 11:55 am

Man. This is really annoying.

I decided to disable the Wi-Fi on my PS3 and leave it like that. However, I use my PSP to occasionally check to see if I can connect and log into the PS Store. Unfortunately, I still can’t.

The thing that really irks me with this situations is how Sony is leaving us in the dark. If they would update us on any progress made, it wouldn’t be so bad.

The PS3 has got to be one of Sony’s toughest and poorly managed console.

It launched at $500/$600 and people severely criticized Sony for that. Then, Sony removed the PS2 hardware for backwards compatibility and handled it with like half hardware and half software, to eventually where no PS2 software was supported.

The 20 GB and 6- GB models started YLOD’ing like crazy. Firmware updates caused issues with a handful of people, only to have Sony release another firmware to alleviate the issues.

Sony removed the Other OS function of the PS3. It got the attention of Computer Science guys to see if they can hack the PS3 and present to a big audience the issues with the PS3’s hardware and security systems.

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 11:56 am

Then, Sony decides to sue GeoHotz, somehow managed to make it legal for them to have the IP address of anyone who accessed his site, YouTube, etc….

And Anonymous threatened Sony, shut down the blog, online, etc…and then retracted their attacks saying they realized that it was also hurting the gamers so now they decided to back off til they can find a better method. GeoHotz and Sony settled after a long battle….

Look what we have now Sony..really..

The PSN, PS Store…all shut down for about a week now.

No explanation of what the heck happened. And what a perfect time to have this happen with lots of releases and whatnot.

It’s bad enough that people have been cut off for over 2 days, but to not give us frequent updates on what happened and any progress made to improve it is insulting to us, your consumers and your life line to the industry.

mcbuttz78 said:

April 22nd, 12:01 pm

DOnt just do this for the ps3 community do it for xbox community and wii community ,the pc community as well. If they want to go to war and bombs us with ddos attack. Then you better ready to hire sum folks from nasa and havard law school. We are tired of this. IF the psn service sercurity guys you got there cant show there true talents. Why did you hire them for??. Let them go to war on them sony .Let them take off those white coats and put on the leather jacket and give them hacks something to think about.

By all mean call the us government for help..If they want war then give them war becuase if the psn gamer community could find the one who did this in person there would be no more issues or problems for you. You can mark my word and take a survey on that it will come back 100% rated correct.

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionarre comittee

siriusbee said:

April 22nd, 12:03 pm

@328: Be patient, they’re still waiting for the techs to come into the office and find out what’s causing the issue.

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 22nd, 12:10 pm

Lets go to the volcano and lets make a sacrifice for the God. That way we will get PSN back… Who wants to do something for humanity?

mcbuttz78 said:

April 22nd, 12:11 pm

@326.I dont think thats the problem. even if it was they back track allthe items soldin 3 weeks in about 17 hours and take 2 cents away for every item with a notice. It wont come out of your pockets really. It would come out of sony’s

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 12:11 pm

+FRANKMAN1 lets sacrifice some hackers lol!

victr1 said:

April 22nd, 12:13 pm

Sony never had their act together. PSN was launched late and still has so many issues. Anyone remember Apocalyps3 that bricked some PS3’s?

Anonymous has already denied that they have nothing to do with this. Besides hackers would have left the PS3 alone if it weren’t for Sony disabling the option to install Linux.

It’s true that XBox 360 was horrible in the beginning when everyone had red rings like crazy and had to buy multiple systems, but at least they have a more reliable network than PSN.

FRANKMAN1 said:

April 22nd, 12:14 pm

@333 I say anonymous. Any objection? no? Ok lets go to the volcano! :D

megamixer said:

April 22nd, 12:20 pm

@DJ_DTM
Doubt it. I haven’t been taxed on purchases for over two months. Before then I was only taxed for two months (December/January). That’s a far cry from three weeks.

undertaker9999 said:

April 22nd, 12:22 pm

To be honest lets not even talk about the hackers they dont dereserve are time and space the more we mention them the more fame they get

DazeOfWar said:

April 22nd, 12:22 pm

@326: I’ve never payed taxes on any of the items I’ve purchased through PSN. When it says $9.99 that is what I pay.

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 12:23 pm

come on you know XBox Live sucks

jayson-b1 said:

April 22nd, 12:25 pm

true live sucks(opinion) but this is about sony,psn, and us, the customers we should all keep our heads up and expect the best. Maybe theyre giving us a huge update and changing the xmb!

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 12:33 pm

+jayson-b1 that would be great, sony is leading gaming market so long ago, no matter hackers sony ps3 psn are what they are since psx. and i think psn is a great service but these things must have sometime. is not the end of the world. they’ll fix it soon.

victr1 said:

April 22nd, 12:36 pm

They’re not changing the xmb, Sony’s trying to find out what the hell’s going on. Btw, goodluck expecting to work on this problem over the Easter weekend. I’m sure they’d be happy to pay their employees double/overtime to fix this PSN issue over the weekend.

mcbuttz78 said:

April 22nd, 12:36 pm

@337 if they want to be seen. why not make them a dead body. Becuase they dam sure are trying to make us one..

mcbuttz78
vp-psn legionarre comittee

nino1911 said:

April 22nd, 12:37 pm

Got a massive case of Brooklyn rage over this >:(

jayson-b1 said:

April 22nd, 12:38 pm

true…i mean psn is free and there are people here complaining…its not cool. whatever the problem is sony obviously has it under control; we should just continue to support them!

undertaker9999 said:

April 22nd, 12:42 pm

PSN will never die it will only get stronger and what goes around comes around these so called hackers will get it in the end and I have the graves dug out ready for them :)

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 12:42 pm

:: goes Super Saiyan 9000 raging blast mode @ PSN still being down ::

undertaker9999 said:

April 22nd, 12:43 pm

Just remember whats comming out this year Fear 3, Infamous2, Twisted Metal, Uncharted 3

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 12:44 pm

Bah! I forgot it was Good Friday and Easter!!

NoOooOOo~~~~

“may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. ”

NooOOO~O~~~~!!!

Probably more like 3~4 more days.

BAH~!!!