God of War

Apr 21

Apr 21

Latest Update on PSN Outage

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 6 7 8 9 10

undertaker9999 said:

April 22nd, 12:49 pm

I dont think that really matters p;

@349 I dont think that matters sony is losing money they will be working 24/7 till its fixed

tonydamiani said:

April 22nd, 12:50 pm

PSN Come Back!!

*plays song Baby Come Back* xD

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 12:57 pm

i want to try infamous 2, and of course i´m getting uncharted 3 when it comes out!

i was expecting some great with motorstorm apocalypse but it really disappointed me…

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 1:01 pm

Well let’s hope that it doesn’t matter.

Because Sony has been and will be losing lots of money until they get this fixed. There have been a lot of new game releases and a lot of new DLC/add-ons for PS3 and PSP games.

A lot of potential sales of these through the PS Store is being delayed because of their issue with managing the online network.

Why can’t they just update us on what the heck is going on with the repair process.

xxnike629xx said:

April 22nd, 1:02 pm

@arkard1000
I’ve heard that Motorstorm Apocalypse is a great game.

o_O

I never played any games in the series though.

PointBlank771 said:

April 22nd, 1:03 pm

*turns on PS3 and notices it’s down.* *reads post on playstation blog and shrugs shoulders* *casually gets up and walks over to Xbox 360, turns it on, smiles and plays Gears of War 3 beta*

jayson-b1 said:

April 22nd, 1:05 pm

@ point blank WDC this is about sony and psn not microsoft and xbox live

DlocDaBudSmoka said:

April 22nd, 1:06 pm

My only question is- what is/are sony gonna do to compensate us ps+ users? kinda messed up that they cant support their net infrastructure.

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 1:09 pm

+ xxnike629xx i´m fan of the first motorstorm, just give it a try, and then play the last one, you´ll see what i mean.

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 1:12 pm

without going to far just check for them in IGN.com and read the reviews.

pitythefool852 said:

April 22nd, 1:20 pm

I’m hungry :(

I’m thinking about ordering pizza while we wait for PSN to come back online. Anyone want some?

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 1:24 pm

yeah i want pizza, thanks, but i think you should order more than just one lol

Zinacef said:

April 22nd, 1:29 pm

As a PSN Plus subscriber, I wonder how I’m going to get compensated for this loss in service?!

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 1:31 pm

+ Zinacef i don´t think you get compensated, you are a PLUS member.

arkard1000 said:

April 22nd, 1:33 pm

here should be a reply feature, so we don´t get lost when someone replies someone comment…

DeathGazer said:

April 22nd, 1:36 pm

Looks like this will go on into the weekend :(

What disaster. I wonder how many are returning their MK copies.

VixDiesel said:

April 22nd, 1:38 pm

You know, an update would be fab.

VixDiesel said:

April 22nd, 1:42 pm

From the EU Playstation Twitter account (not too long ago):

No new information to update you with I’m afraid. We’ll post here over the weekend with any developments. blog.eu.playstation.com/

They make it seem/sound like this is gonna be an all weekend thing. Good grief.

RYBEEZY said:

April 22nd, 1:42 pm

OMG, I went outside today and got sunburned even though it was raining! My skin is not use to the sun i guess.

Rorek_IronBlood said:

April 22nd, 2:04 pm

Okay. Seriously what is wrong with some of you. I’m referring more so, to these PlayStation Plus subscribers. Let me ask you something. What do, you honestly think this “extra” service really is? You seem to think it’s more then what it really is. Asking to be compensated like Sony owes you or “us” anything. PSplus members. I’m seriously wondering if you understand though what the service is. It’s nothing more then an coupon book to be honest. You are paying for small “extras”. Such as discounts and getting first grabs at demos, betas and PSN games. The supposed “free” games and goodies you get are not really “free” or your’s to be honest. If you do, not renew your subscription to this “exra” service package (A.K.A Coupon Book) they revoke your ownership on all of the “free” games you were given such as Sonic, and the like. In no, way though does this service offer you smoother online play, or any of the such. They allow you to have discounts and access to “free” games so, long as you continue to pay. All you are going to get though is time compensation like DCUO subscibers.

Nuff’ Said.

mathelm said:

April 22nd, 2:08 pm

No longer getting the error code. Message now says something about maintenance…..

Techno769 said:

April 22nd, 2:16 pm

I blame illegal immigrants and Anonymous.

JaY_Ci_415 said:

April 22nd, 2:23 pm

Man, SOCOM just came in the mail too. Campaign here I come, I guess…

Lance_Akiro said:

April 22nd, 2:24 pm

OK goes to show people really have no life if all they want to do is get online and play, nothing wrong with that though because they have online friends they want to play. but reading through all these silly comments people are now figuring out that there’s a single player mode they can try and practice on until the PSN service is back up. WOW people are now waking up from a trance of online play. Just back off of Sony and let them do what they need to do. My God. and the next funny part is when everything is back to normal everyone that complains will have a different attitude about it and also complain AGAIN about something else because there not satisfied with anything. what a sad world we live in. people don’t know what they really want.

jazzyrider said:

April 22nd, 2:34 pm

STILL not up! If it weren’t for Uncharted 3, I would sell/trade this console now! This is not how you treat customers. Sony needs to get their act together now!!

CaptenMidnite said:

April 22nd, 2:35 pm

Skynet took over psn, lmao

j/k

Rene_Led said:

April 22nd, 2:40 pm

@362 Zinacef
Nothing. If you bought the 1yr deal you ‘ve got nothing to worry about. it’s not like PS+ got cancelled or anything.
Plus only 1-2 new things came out on PS this week so honestly I can say you won’t be affected on any deal because of absence of PSN for 2 days

siriusbee said:

April 22nd, 2:45 pm

Aww, Sony…zing! http://kotaku.com/#!5794657/this-weekend-europeans-can-all-play-xbox-live-together

That’s gotta hurt.

@373 (and other along a similar vein), I don’t think that a total communication blackout from a gaming company on a pretty critical gaming function should be encouraged by its loyal userbase. They should voice out their frustration. Really have no idea why it’s such a big problem to post updates on a somewhat frequent basis with (non-compromising) info on what’s going on.

The whole “it’s a free service, get over it” thing is a total cop-out. It’s far too easy to hide behind that lame argument. First, it’s not like PSN users are given a choice to ‘pay extra for guaranteed service’. Beyond that, using this excuse for industry record-smashing downtimes does nothing but devalue the enticement of that ‘free service’, and by extension the entire PSN and Playstation brand.

madagus said:

April 22nd, 3:01 pm

people just go outside and injoy the weather i do and its fine i try to exercise more than play games but i’m visualy impared so i guess i realy hae no reason to say mutch cause i’m not on the FPS band wagon (they suck anyway)

Spidey817 said:

April 22nd, 3:05 pm

I’m PS+ too, but I don’t think I need to be “compensated” for this outage or anything like that. Like the poster above said, all PS+ really does is give you discounts and some freebies. It doesn’t guarantee you that the service will always be up regardless or your money back.

To clarify what I said early about Sony, all I meant was for a company as huge and powerful as Sony, it just kind of shocks me to hear them say “Sorry, our network is down. We have no idea why and we have no idea when we’ll be able to fix it.”

I’m just saying, they are the best console out there but if they want the majority of gamers to believe that they need to cut down on incidents like this one. It really makes them look inferior.

Still <3 Playstation, tho.

karmachameleon said:

April 22nd, 3:12 pm

Damn you Hackerz! Gonna have to play offline for now :\

dizeeStL said:

April 22nd, 3:14 pm

such a incompetent company.

2 days now. way to go.

igorrocks2 said:

April 22nd, 3:21 pm

Anon team is weak too.. their website was Ddosed too for 6 hours call it noob hackers vs Gamer hackers battle if PSN oing to be down for a week there will not be ANONteam anymore

jazzyrider said:

April 22nd, 3:27 pm

@360 me want pizza too pls!?! :)

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

April 22nd, 3:33 pm

Im the one ddos ing the anon’s site, ME. By myself and noone else. Me. I also have been compiling a list of anon top brass. they think they are so anonymous but they are not. bunch of noob teens and 20 somethings. cant wait to see the look on JARROD’S Face when he and they rest of them get BUSTED.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

April 22nd, 3:40 pm

Oh and to those complaining about those ps plus complainers, stf* what gives you the right to say anything at all? ps plus IS NOT about dedicated servers but people should get compensated for their monetary loss. which is Zero at this point. I am also about to embark on a lawsuit against George Holtz, He is responsible for this outage indirectly but still responsible for anonymous, of which He is a Founding Member. So I plan a Class Action Lawsuit and will be starting this Tuesday. Im sick to death of the people also saying go outside and run around an play, Im disabled and so are alot of other people on this blog, that is insulting and degrading, you have no idea of what kind of circumstances surround peoples lives, cease that drivel this instant. No I was outside at skewl and werk all week, Now I want to go online, it’s a long weekend so I agree with those people, I would like to play something I have paid for, My game, not psn (which has been free for 11 years)

Also sony please dont delete this one, you have deleted 4 so far…..

xXLEXINXx said:

April 22nd, 3:40 pm

When is this damn thing going to be up? Got the weekend off wanted to buy Mass Effect 2 but nope can’t do that… Only problem I have with most companies is they never f**king update on what the hell is going on.

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

April 22nd, 3:43 pm

One thing that needs to change, is the fact that so many games require a psn login activation in order to play them. Remove that feature from every game, that is a main piss off for me. I have games that I could play offline but they need that. foolish stuff, who you got working in that department? I want their job.

undertaker9999 said:

April 22nd, 3:46 pm

IMO anyone turning there backs and crying during the outage can leave and dont come back sony doesnt need cry babys ps3 is a mans toy remember the super nintendo and sega genisis days we had no internet or online play so toughen up and face it like a man not a little boy

Jack_Ryman said:

April 22nd, 3:46 pm

Why are people asking for specifics? I bet those that are asking wouldn’t know the first thing about their efforts with the Network.

Ratchet426 said:

April 22nd, 3:52 pm

How pitiful that Mr. Seybold, the supposed Sr. Director of Corporate Communications, can’t seem to communicate much of anything the the over 70 MILLION PSN customers effected by this extended outage.

It’s amazing that people who fail so miserably at their jobs are able to keep them….

And to be clear I’m not blaming him for the outage itself, which may be a very complex technical issues, but rather his failure to do his job and COMMUNICATE to Sony’s customers with *useful* information in a timely manner. A one paragraph “might take us a couple of days” blog post almost 2 days ago is totally unacceptable for someone with his responsibility (and salary)

Do your job Patrick, or step aside and let someone else do it.

madtyger said:

April 22nd, 4:00 pm

I’m definitely bummed about this considering I spent this whole week getting ahead in my college work so I could spend the weekend playing online with friends. I do understand that you all are working as hard as you can to get this problem solved, so good luck and we’re all counting on you.

proskatercam said:

April 22nd, 4:07 pm

@389, Ratchet: Look at the Playstation Home team in it’s entirety. They do a pretty bad job, but I’ve seen the same people on their “team” for the longest time…

starfox_6456303 said:

April 22nd, 4:07 pm

I’m bored…

thepatriots said:

April 22nd, 4:09 pm

Sounds like Sony needs to hire Agent 47.

ssmarcos3 said:

April 22nd, 4:10 pm

come on sony we the fans support you but you need to tell us what is going on like your going to lose costumers from stunts like these

fuzzyclutter said:

April 22nd, 4:14 pm

@ + SOOPERGOOMAN187 your post’s are rambling , irrelavent , uneducated and child like . they have plenty of reasons to remove your posts .

fuzzyclutter said:

April 22nd, 4:23 pm

and if there is no new info ??? they can either just get it done or spend time here on the blog giving us a play by play … because what ??? because you have a need to know whenever a tech fart’s in the wrong direction ?

siriusbee said:

April 22nd, 4:25 pm

@389 (Jack_Ryman): For a few reasons that vary from person to person.

1) Any information, understood or not, is essentially *communication*, which is what the end user in these kinds of situations really want.

2) You may be surprised at how many people are tech-savvy enough to (at least broadly) cogitate networking concepts these days. It’s not 1994.

3) Anyone who doesn’t understand isn’t left in a blackhole. Thanks to ensuing forum discussions, social networks, wikis, news sites, etc. it’s not that hard for anyone who’s interested enough to get a basic understanding of what is going on, if only some details were provided.

Finally, getting these specifics can (due to items 1-3 above), help people form notions in their minds on the extent of the damage, and eventually, allow them to manage their own expectations.

vignesh428 said: