LittleBigPlanet 3

Latest Update for PSN/Qriocity Services

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Apr 23, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We sincerely regret that PlayStation Network and Qriocity services have been suspended, and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online. Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure. Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.

We thank you for your patience to date and ask for a little more while we move towards completion of this project. We will continue to give you updates as they become available.

610 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 13

+ HAVOK05 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

sad…face…to the extreme!

+ Spidey817 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:02 pm said:

Thanks for the update. Although that doesn’t sound very encouraging in terms of having the network back up any time soon. Still love ya, tho, Sony.

+ TomHoang on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

Thanks, hope this gets fixed soon.

+ PennStateCivic on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

I appreciate the update but please try to narrow down “a little more time” for me

+ kenny-1995 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:04 pm said:

: (

+ rafael_martines on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

First! Wow guys! i’m shocked now really, I hope that rebuilding system fix forever the problems with PSN… And the result not affect us, end users in something! A bad news for brazillians gamers, now here in Brazil is Easter Egg Extended Holiday! Some people getting crazy! ::P

+ Sharingan_itachi on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

I am tired of waiting, I hope it gets fixed by tomorrow…C’MON!

+ CaptenMidnite on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

Thanks. I feel a little better.

+ nino1911 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

you’re vague descriptions are very rewarding /sarcasm

+ MarkakaJin on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

Should double the security just in case like this never happens ever again.

+ TurismoM3 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:06 pm said:

Don’t worry, we’ll be back when it’s ready. I hate Hackers :(

+ Sharingan_itachi on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

Are our CC Information safe? What about our WALLETS? We should know this.

Thanks!

+ B-Real206 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

waiting to hear from s1mpl3______j4ck about how we should be compensated

15. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
No warranty is given about the quality, functionality, availability or performance of Sony Online Services, or any content or service offered on or through Sony Online Services. All services and content are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with all faults. SCEA does not warrant that the service and content will be uninterrupted, error-free or without delays. In addition to the limitations of liability in Sections 1, 2, 11 and 13 of this Agreement, SCEA expressly disclaims any implied warranty of merchantability, warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and warranty of non-infringement. SCEA assumes no liability for any inability to purchase, access, download or use any content, data or service
Just in case you didn’t read it before!

+ ZERO_169 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

As PennStateCivic stated, I would also like to have a better idea of when exactly the network will be back up

+ mixedkidbx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:08 pm said:

Its still sad that you guys cant even give a time frame of when we can expect PSN to come back online.

Look i know you guys offer PSN as a free service. BUT when that free service interferes with other games functions, games that we pay for and expect to be able to play and use all the features of the game we paid for, like online play, compensation does need to be applied.

SNEA needs to compensate its users with something. A free SCEA/SNEA game, a free movie download (not rental) or something. Yes it may be costly but its the right thing to do.

Besides im sure you guys (SNEA) know where this attack came from and already have your lawyers working on a lawsuit, because of this attack and all the money you have lost during the time PSN has been down. You could easily add to the lawsuit the money you would lose out on from compenstaing all of your consumers who have not had the right to use their games the way they were intended to be used for the money we paid.

+ Sharingan_itachi on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:08 pm said:

How will compensate PS+ user like me?

Thanks

+ PatriotEyez27 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

Makes my feel much better :)

+ ANDREWdaLEGEND on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

MESSIN WITH MY PHENAGE SONY

+ VixDiesel on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:11 pm said:

Does rebuilding mean…wait for it…cause you know this is a given….does rebuilding mean you’re building it with cross game chat?

+ leDaveKron on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

+ Lopez9577 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

Jerks >:( you said 1 or 2 days… ON WEDNESDAY and its about to be sunday

+ MegaClank on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:13 pm said:

Obviously this was never expected to occur, but with threats from people, wouldn’t you have tried to beef it up before? Or have a back-up? Or is the back-up pretty much the same, so it would be attacked again??

+ xXCoLtKiLLeR on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:13 pm said:

Wow they reworded the other Updates . ETA… Damn

+ ajdarkness on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:13 pm said:

hope sony can do whatever it take to to get PSN back we need online back everyone dose need online to play we getting bore!!!

+ Dr_McNoob on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

The PSN is under attack by aliens. It’s the only plausible explanation.

+ robgroove on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

rough time frame would be good. you thinking another day or 2 or weeks?? I think there’s about 60 million people or so who would like to know.

+ Trixzter7 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:14 pm said:

Sony definitely needs to reimburse the community, especially those including me who’ve payed for PSN+ if this lasts any longer.

+ jazzyrider on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

It Only Does Network Outages! What an Epic Fail!

So no ETA on network restoration? And seriously working around the clock? yea right, its a holiday weekend…typical excuse to say. I’m guessing it won’t be up until Tuesday when the next store update occurs.

+ xxnike629xx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

“Our efforts to resolve this matter involve re-building our system to further strengthen our network infrastructure.”

I guess now Sony realizes they needed to upgrade their network system?
Wow Sony.

Couldn’t you guys have taken a hint with Anonymous deliberately hacked into your servers and whatnot? Maybe it’s then you guys could have done these upgrades.

>_>

Funny. Still no ETA on when we’ll be able to get back on PSN.

“…and we are working around the clock to bring them both back online.”
Really?
Because around the clock for over a week is not efficient use of time.

+ clupula668 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

While it annoys me that I can’t play online, I would definitely prefer Sony take their time to fix things so that, gods forbid, some hacker doesn’t end up with my credit information or something. It saddens me that this sort of thing is even necessary, but I guess when people are a bunch of jerks and thieves, we all end up suffering.

+ xxnike629xx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:17 pm said:

…You know what? I have a feeling that to troll at Sony, as soon as PSN is back up online, I think all or a huge majority of PSN users will go online at the same time to see if the servers will shut down from too many connections going on at once.

+ Stoffinator on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

I’m hoping there is something at the end of this drab rainbow as a “sorry for letting this happen”?

+ xxnike629xx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

@Trixzter7
I agree. Sony need to reimburse all PSN members.

I think this would be the best route..

PSN User –> $25 PSN Card
PS+ User –> $50 PSN Card

+ Sophronia on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:19 pm said:

I hope they continue to update us daily, at the least. But, they will do what they gotta do.

+ xxnike629xx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:19 pm said:

@Stoffinator
One would hope that Sony would at least issue a public apology for this.
But even then, it’ll probably be like a automated-response, typical PR apology…they won’t really mean it, but they’ll say it anyway hoping that some people will be fine.

+ iTofuMan on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

I’m confused by the wording on this post specifically this part:

“Though this task is time-consuming, we decided it was worth the time necessary to provide the system with additional security.”

Does this imply that yesterday (and even on the 20th) is wasn’t worth your company time to fix the problem, or that it was on the bottom of the list to fix?

Honestly while I admit that its nice you guys are fixing this. it seems like you guys aren’t taking this as serious as possible. If that were the case we would see a lot more details and communication with these post. I understand about the detail part might be a bit iffy, but what i mean give us what exactly is causing the problem or whom may be causing it. All the “details” you have given us have been ambiguous or very general which in my opinion is not what us paying costumers deserve.

+ xxnike629xx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

@Sophronia
They need to update us multiple times through the day.

+ EspadaKiller on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

Now then you guys feel the need of re-building your network system? And by doing so you have to off the PSN? Really?

Sigh, i am serving National Service (Army) and i only get to bookout once a week, which is on the weekends. And the fact that i can’t play SOCOM 4 online on the weekends make me go RAGE >=((

Please fix this asap, at least today as it’s a Sunday.

+ xxnike629xx on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

@iTofuMan
I also feel they’re not taking this serious enough. Are they that daft to the point where they don’t realize how many people are pissed off at Sony?

+ BOSS_OLD69 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:22 pm said:

ojala solucionen pronto esto y eliminen a todos los hackers xD

hopefully soon resolve this and remove all hackers xD

+ Mike0804 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:23 pm said:

Thanks for being thorough while patching things up. As much as the length of this outage is frustrating me, I’m glad every step is being taken to secure the network. When the outage first happened, I was still logged in to PSN. I tried entering the PlayStation store and a message came up stating that there was an attempt to automatically add funds to my wallet. Luckily it said that attempt failed. For the greater good in the long run, pulling the plug was the right thing to do.

+ ZERO_169 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

Not only am I paying for PlayStation Plus, but i was in the middle of trying out my month of Qriocity, so if this is going to last much longer I would like to know if I will get anything to compensate for the time wasted. Though if you get it up sometime very soon it wont be that big of a deal. And I mean soon. Like tomorrow

+ FRANKMAN1 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

@Nike Read the terms of service and you will see that they wont give us anything in return

+ B-Real206 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

@33 Hahahahahahahahahhahaha!!!!! Read post number 13

You guys crack me up. I have to think you guys/gals are of the younger generation.

+ Sophronia on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

I wish I could sign-into the PlayStation forums.. bummer!

+ I3rand0 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

Can you tell us what features will be removed when PSN goes back online?

+ JamesL007 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:26 pm said:

Well some news is good!! My biggest problem now is that my Uncharted 2 GOTY edition is locking up now at one part and won’t do anything else. I really hope this is online before Monday otherwise there goes are weekend nights of battling it out for number one spots on leaderboards in MK and SC4.

I due hope this will make the network faster and more stable now as well

+ thunderbear on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:27 pm said:

I for one feel bad for you guys at Sony who have to deal with these hackers and the pressure of getting it back up as soon as possible. And I appreciate it. I’m really looking forward to playing Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 online and it’s a bit of a bummer that I haven’t been able to but I don’t blame you, I blame the hackers for being selfish. They remind me of terrorist cells, fundamentalists. They believe that their cause justifies them to do whatever they even if it affects a lot of innocent people. Obviously we’re not talking life or death, but it’s the mentality that bothers me. If “OtherOS” really is the issue, then join the class action law suit and prove your case in court.

+ reaper1182 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:28 pm said:

Well guys I hate to say this, but this is my best guess. I wouldnt expect PSN to be online till anything short of Monday. Easter is tomorrow and remember that these people have families as well. As for reimbursement, understand that every day PSN is offline, Sony is losing money. I understand and share the outrage over the situation but direct it at those truly responsible. The hackers who decided to punish ALL of us because Sony wouldnt stand by and allow people to pirate games off of them. I for one hope that whoever is responsible is caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law

+ Lopez9577 on April 23rd, 2011 at 8:29 pm said:

@reaper they’re a Japanese company, they dont celebrate easter

PAGE 1 2 3 13