PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PSN Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Apr 25, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

622 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 13

+ Heisem on April 25th, 2011 at 8:21 am said:

thank you!

+ Gskyace on April 25th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

Thank you,and please block piracy and cheaters.

+ XMbeaner on April 25th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

These are the time I am glad I have a PSP and a 360.

+ Destiny89 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

Aw come on already :(..take your time i guess but please dont make it 2 weeks

+ EatDeath on April 25th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

Thank you, its a shame it had to come to this, wonder why there was an external intrusion in the first place, people ruining it for us. Good thing I can still watch Blu-rays!

+ SPOOKULA209 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

People are not going to be happy. I hope Sony is prepared to deal with the negative press and complaints that arise from this. Otherwise, I think I can speak for all of us when I say we all hope the issues will be truly resolved when the network is functional again. Shalom

+ Lonestar134578 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

Since it might of been a outside attack is our personal info safe?

+ GameLordGX on April 25th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

Awesome. Keep up the good work. We are grateful for your efforts.

+ northen_cail_209 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

x mas of 2008 xbox live was down for 2 weeks

+ cronqvist on April 25th, 2011 at 8:25 am said:

I can’t see how hackerz like to be praised as heroes when all they’re doing is ruin the fun for legitimate users, many of which are their very friends and followers.

+ Mo-green28 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

Thanks for talking to us… but I sure am bored with Socom 4’s single player already :(

+ proskatercam on April 25th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

Too funny. *waits for influx of hundreds of comments about no COD, and compensation, and such until next blog post*

+ rjejr on April 25th, 2011 at 8:26 am said:

Thanks for posting. At least we know that you don’t know anything (though most people will find it hard to believe that YOU don’t know anything).

Can’t believe I just thanked somebody for not telling us anything.

+ kenny-1995 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

that’s not enough information.

+ BlueFrog007 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

Thanks for the update, Patrick.

+ Sanador62 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:27 am said:

Bummer. Thanks for the continual updates, though.

+ SGAShepp on April 25th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

Thanks for the update! Every bit is appreciated.

+ santasedai on April 25th, 2011 at 8:28 am said:

Thanks for the update, but i believe what everyone wants to know is wheter credit card info and the money already in our accounts was compromised at any point.

+ MaxPayneV3 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

keep on updating us that’s all we your dedicated fans ask for.

+ NecroC on April 25th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

Boy I sure am glad I paid $50 for a membership I cant use, and pay $15 a month for a game I cant play. I was fine with a day or two, but we are hitting on day 5.

+ bigdaddykraven on April 25th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

Well I hope the rebuilding of your network also helps make certain things on the PSN quicker (looking at profiles and comparing trophies for example). First and foremost though, just do whats needed to get secure and get the system up and running.

+ MairusuPawa on April 25th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

Thanks for the update.

Do you have a ETA for OtherOS’ return, too?

+ Twinkling82 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

According to the European Sony PS blog on Facebook, our private information is safe. Especially stuff like credit card info. :)

+ utopianacht on April 25th, 2011 at 8:32 am said:

well I’m back to work after 4 days weekend… a little sad because of this.. but luckily I had a lot of games to play offline.. keep working to get us back online..!!! (and give us a little nice surprise when you get us back.. it would be a nice detail)

+ pitythefool852 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Thanks for the update. Even though I know there probably isn’t much to say, it’s good that you’re checking in here to talk to the masses.

I hope that everything is going smoothly for you guys, as it sounds like a massive operation that you’re undertaking. Your fan-base are only getting rowdy because they miss PSN.

By the way, I hope you guys can mention something to people about their personal information. People are getting nervous about their addresses, credit card details, stuff like that. Whatever the case may be, please let people know the status of their information held on the servers.

Thanks guys

+ Ar4chNova89 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Meh. Wake me when the new Nintendo console is revealed.

+ gold5225 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Thanks for the update Jobin!

+ megamixer on April 25th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

Well, looks like I may as well do my PS Store review early.

PS3 Legacy: 0
PSP Legacy: 0
PS1 Legacy: 0

Boring. It’s like they’re not even trying.

Zero PSN, Minis, PSP titles as well. Game-less weeks are never good, especially when we were at least supposed to have gotten BttF Part 3….

…aww, no seriously though. This stinks. :(

+ ANDREWdaLEGEND on April 25th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

SONY i better get some free games or something. send me some nugs

+ Chuckbait on April 25th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

Thanks for giving us some sort of update, even if it was to only say “We have no new updates.”

Tis better than nothing. I hope you’re starting to notice a theme here. We (meaning logical people) just want updates (once a day) even if you don’t tell us anything.

By saying, “we don’t have an ETA” at the moment… this leads me to think it will be at least two more days (but more likely, approximately 10-15 days).

Good luck, and please continue to keep us updated.

+ Aggie_CEO on April 25th, 2011 at 8:35 am said:

**plays Portal 2 on Steam**

+ wakingthedead17 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

You guys must have SOME idea of a timeframe for things getting back online. Even if you think it’s going to be weeks, months, whatever, give us something here.

+ Vandaliser on April 25th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

sony, a word of advice. hire some competent engineers. Sony japan are clueless when it comes to security.

do not bring back psn without being sure that all security loopholes have been fixed. i dont want another outage in a few days again

+ bbonds_007 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

WTF, an “update” to tell us you dont have an update!

Madness!

+ Bug42 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

I understand the issue at hand, but i also understand that the PS3 has a large community, a community that has supported the PS3 through its up and down. This however is getting a bit crazy. What happened to it only taking a day or two?. A back up should have been place since day one in case something like this happened. I was fine with it being off for a day or 2, but we are coming up to a week. Again I understand the situation is not an easy one to be in but I, like so many other gamers are a bit frustrated

Thanks for the update, please keep them coming

+ PaperCarrier on April 25th, 2011 at 8:37 am said:

Developers must be just as upset and frustrated as players are while they can’t sell / promote any of their online products and services on the PSN during this outage.

+ Kajax on April 25th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

add cross game chat when you rebuild the system, and make looking at profiles and comparing trophies for faster

+ MUGEN02 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

GEARS 3 beta!

+ fatjoe400 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:39 am said:

Guess I’ll leave a comment on this update too. Seems to me like the psn is getting a serous overhaul. Can’t wait to see the fruits of their labor :3

+ Chuckbait on April 25th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

why would you want cross game chat? freaks…

+ pizzaboy53 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

how quick can they be trying if its been 4 days without psn online for anything.

+ pitythefool852 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

Also, Sony dudes, maybe this is a good time to try to get a positive spin on all this mayhem.

I know there’s a lot of people asking for credit, games, blah blah blah, but – greedy gamers aside – once PSN comes back online there will be an opportunity for SCE/SNE to win people over.

Perhaps a Plus one month trial, with an extra month for existing members. Something like that.

I’m not saying that I personally want/need those things… just that there’s an opportunity here for Sony to make a very good impression with gamers, fans, haters and the media.

Have a think about it, when you’re not repeatedly hitting the PSN servers with a hammer.

+ Amans91 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:41 am said:

i have been hearing it might be back up tomorrow, but now this message completely destroyed all my hopes of that :( thanks for the message anyway

+ Nick36542 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

Take your time, I just really want to know if our personal info is still secure.

+ BlindsideDork on April 25th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

So you are saying, no Outland tomorrow. Swell…

+ xPREDICTIONx on April 25th, 2011 at 8:43 am said:

SONY stop failing…

+ hush404 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

Damn hackers. :( Making our lives miserable.

+ JONGREY on April 25th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

Good things come to those who wait. I’ll never doubt you Sony.

+ PatriotEyez27 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

Thanks for the update :(

+ Mister-Nep on April 25th, 2011 at 8:45 am said:

I’m just glad you’re posting something. Even if it’s just posts of relatively nothing. I don’t mind.

PAGE 1 2 3 13