PS4 - Destiny

PSN Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Apr 25, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

622 Comments

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12 13

+ apoc_reg on April 26th, 2011 at 3:26 am said:

How about a work around to let me link my steam account to my PSN one so i can play my PC version of portal in co-op!??!?!?

+ etur0 on April 26th, 2011 at 5:05 am said:

@CodeineAndPurP what the hell are you talking about it took me under 20 mins to download it all and install it

it is your connection and not Sony

+ Rene_Led on April 26th, 2011 at 5:10 am said:

Finished Challenge 300 on MK’s Tower….dam took awhile XD

I want to play Portal 2….maybe I’ll go to my frien’ds house and play it :)

+ K-S-A_abood on April 26th, 2011 at 5:21 am said:

when will open up ?

+ K-S-A_abood on April 26th, 2011 at 5:27 am said:

i hope

+ shadefz on April 26th, 2011 at 5:34 am said:

ill be waiting..take your time as long as you fix it right and make it better :)

+ Autoxfool on April 26th, 2011 at 5:39 am said:

*YAWN* wakey wakey everyone. It’s a new day of single player! :)

Get your controllers and go go go!!!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on April 26th, 2011 at 5:43 am said:

good morning Autoxfool! :)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on April 26th, 2011 at 5:44 am said:

at least i can see you here everydays LOL!

+ Chuckbait on April 26th, 2011 at 5:54 am said:

My Games Tab for PSN… vote up this good idea…. Not my idea, but a good one that sony should incorporate when they “relaunch the psn”

Thank you.

+ Autoxfool on April 26th, 2011 at 6:00 am said:

Morning cyb3r. :) Yup still here, they tell you in video games to take a 15 minute break for each hour played…..so, gives me plenty of time to post. lol

Actually, blog open in window on cpu…..PS3 on and controller awaiting imput. Multitasking over multiple platforms! I want a trophy for that! *ding*

+ Rene_Led on April 26th, 2011 at 6:00 am said:

@445 Since I got MK Challenge Tower out of the way I can play Castlevania fully now! :D

+ gamer_316 on April 26th, 2011 at 6:09 am said:

@ 449 Rene_Led, dang, i’m only on challenge 75 I think, challenge tower is gonna take sum time as well as the Arcade Master trophy, I got to Shao Kahn twice & got whipped both times >_> lol

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on April 26th, 2011 at 6:11 am said:

*ding! ding!*
that’s the Sound of the Trophy! xD

+ DTS_MAN on April 26th, 2011 at 6:19 am said:

Trophy awarded:

Amazing patience!

+ Rene_Led on April 26th, 2011 at 6:20 am said:

@455 Shao Kahn is f’n cheap XD lol
*quote Awesome Gaiden* Oh you think that’s hard? That’s just the tutorial! Challenge 300 is right over there!
XD
@456 That is the sound of Two! trophies unlocked within same minute XD

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on April 26th, 2011 at 6:20 am said:

lol DTS_MAN

+ irwlZ on April 26th, 2011 at 6:24 am said:

Qriocity i could careless if that portion never comes back up i just want the PSN (game) portion of the network back up please =[

+ Rene_Led on April 26th, 2011 at 6:27 am said:

@466 myself: Whoah…my comment was WAAY off!? Man wish the blog had editing options -_-

Orginally:
@463 Shao Kahn is f’n cheap XD lol
XD
@464 That is the sound of Two! trophies unlocked within same minute XD

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on April 26th, 2011 at 6:34 am said:

lol yeah that remind me when i finish black ops at veteran difficulty
*bling!, bling!, bling!*
lol

+ s1mpl3______j4ck on April 26th, 2011 at 6:36 am said:

im still betting not till middle of next week

+ CodeineAndPurP on April 26th, 2011 at 6:44 am said:

etur0 Not really it took me a while to download

+ irwlZ on April 26th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

The Socom 4 Beta took me about 40 mins to get the game finally downloaded so i feel sorry for anyone that has a bad connection or are being throttled and don’t know about it

+ CodeineAndPurP on April 26th, 2011 at 6:51 am said:

ITs probably becouse i got this at&t Router i want my old one back

+ xzile on April 26th, 2011 at 6:51 am said:

I am not really upset about the time that PSN has been down, because I know that it takes time to rebuild a network. The only problem in this whole situation that has been not letting customers know if their info has been compromised. It is sad that many have had to rush to call their credit card companies to check on status. Maybe it is a ploy to sell more psn cards, I don’t know but that is the only thing that I have issue with during this crisis. It gives off a message of total disregard. Well no need in beating a dead horse.

+ Autoxfool on April 26th, 2011 at 6:53 am said:

Working on Mini Ninjas myself….about to enter boss battle……oh noes, will I survive?!?!

I do have backtracking to do (gather and do a few things for smaller trophies), but i have to replay it at another difficulty level so I’ll not bothering since I have another playthrough.

Updates (heh) throughout the day. Stay tuned! :D

+ monyking on April 26th, 2011 at 7:06 am said:

well, since the PSN is down, I have been trying to get some of those trophies from Modern Warfare 2. I think this gives everybody a chance to get finish the collection of Trophies from the games that have been getting dusty. I was pissed and angry but, I see a good way of just playing the games and ACTUALLY finishing them to get all the trophies. Just hope that the security of the PSN is more stable and un-lockable in the near future.
I will wait with patience.

+ datastorm98632 on April 26th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

Well, this is interesting:
TYO:6758
2,415.00
-52.00 (-2.11%) This is the stock Options for Sony.
You guys are right when you say ony is losing money .. just Google TYO:6758 that is the main Cooperations stock area. Looks like Sony just launched a new Tablet PC as well. In earnest, I can not say waht will become of the PS3 if the outage continues but if it lasts for more then another week, I am not sure what to think.

+ jazzyrider on April 26th, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

So no Tuesday store or PSN updates?!?

+ kingotnw on April 26th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

Lol @data… You seriously think Sony stock is dropping because of the PSN outage? Lololol

+ datastorm98632 on April 26th, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

In No way shape or form am I stating that, it would be very prudent to study all things effecting Sony at the Moment . There company is starting to feel a great deal of pain from the disaster in Japan to many other areas.
They Just launched a new Tablet PC and its not going to well as of yet. The gaming part of Sony is having its issues and Sony has had post pone there posting of there earnings. This makes for an interesting situation for Sony, Sony aka TYO 6758 , needs to do some serious planning if they want there company to survive. One annalists suggests that Sony is on a downward spiral and possibly in trouble.
They had to lay off a great number of people and closed a number of actual gaming studios. 1 in Seattle, 1 in Belvue and others located in parts of the US. all clsoures are due to needing to save money and to remain at the top of the ladder . They have laid off a great number of employees already this year.

+ sid4peeps on April 26th, 2011 at 8:10 am said:

@ 480

…of course it is dropping because of the PSN outage! They have lost Millions in terms of potential purchases, they have to reimburse people on paid subscriptions, DLC content for new games is at $0…

+ VanishedNine on April 26th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

So what are the PS+ offerings for today…oh wait.

+ kmg90 on April 26th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Thanks for the update that you don’t have an update…

+ sid4peeps on April 26th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

the PSN+ items for today included a 4 year old PSN game with 5 DLC packs (not free)…

+ Nahela on April 26th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

So this whole thing now officially irritates me. No PSN now means no Tuesday update, no new things for PS+, and another week without DLC that should have been available.

What bothers me most, however, is the complete lack of any form of open communication. Being vague doesn’t help, it doesn’t magically make the situation look better. It’s the biggest marketing and PR mistake that’s been made a million times. Withholding information just leads to wild speculation and people digging to discover problems that never would have been known before.

+ Antonisbob on April 26th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

Ahh….Good morning.

+ datastorm98632 on April 26th, 2011 at 8:30 am said:

Taking a broader view, PSN has 75 million accounts and is responsible for safeguarding the personal information and credit card details of users all over the world. The implications to a completely unknown hacker or group of hackers – whether a splinter of Anonymous, as some have suggested, or not – waltzing around PSN to such a degree that Sony has to take it offline for the best part of a week, will be casting a long shadow over Mr Hirai’s office tonight.

Sony’s escalation of its war on hacking could potentially threaten not only Sony’s ability to cut content deals, but, in a nightmare scenario, may compromise personal information of its millions of users.
Sony must demonstrate it is capable of dealing with this situation right now. If these episodes become regular in any way, PSN’s users, core or not, will lose faith in its brand and gravitate elsewhere. PSN must be robust enough to withstand external influences, whatever they are.
in Other words if Sony can not handle this, they will be forced into a position that will shut there gaming end down.

+ sid4peeps on April 26th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

Funny…Sony’s PSN Japan site has not had an update in the last 2 days…that’s even worse than what’s going on here in North America…

Sony, are you that STUPID not to issue proper press releases?!?!?!?!

+ loneherozero on April 26th, 2011 at 8:36 am said:

ah another day, another day of not knowing if we shall ever see the psn offering Dissidia 012 alt outfit dlc, or any dlc for other games, also say i rented a movie on my psn acount to my psp, right before they shut it down, will it be gone after it expiers?

+ Ace_Card1 on April 26th, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

HURRY UP!!

+ datastorm98632 on April 26th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

Oh here is something really weird for you to munch on lol.
The hacker accused of violating US copyright law when he hacked the PlayStation 3 game console has donated $10,000 to the “Electronic Frontier Foundation”after Sony dropped the controversial lawsuit. George Hotz, aka GeoHot, announced the donation on Saturday, five days after he and Sony settled their legal tiff.

+ datastorm98632 on April 26th, 2011 at 8:42 am said:

Ok Guys in reality you jsut can’t hury this kind of job along. What needs to be done is that everything has to run smoothly, I give it 3 days tops.

+ loneherozero on April 26th, 2011 at 8:48 am said:

i agree, with that statement, rushing things only leave it open to fail again and even be worse! i pray that sony takes there time and makes sure that the PSN is secure enough so that this wont happen again, in fact i hope they go over the op to prevent a even worse case event like this one so that i wont happen, you cna never be too safe

+ ShadowDoGGG on April 26th, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

@ Sony HQ

“What does this button do?” – KABOOM

+ sid4peeps on April 26th, 2011 at 8:55 am said:

news report on ctv. ca (CTV being one of Canada’s big news agents)

“Now, the Wall Street Journal is reporting that the system is down “indefinitely” and that some users’ personal information may be at risk. Users register credit card numbers to buy gaming products online. ”

oh well…we all knew Sony would continue to disappoint…it’s not like they make people happy…

+ KingDubin on April 26th, 2011 at 9:00 am said:

So…..I wonder if that Shift 2 Unleashed Legends DLC Pack is going to be released today.

+ jimbosikwitit on April 26th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

i think that its redicilous that its been out this long, i bought my ps3 2 weeks ago, i just got off the phone with gamestop they are allowing me to return it for a XBOX—thank god 4 that… if engineers are working AROUND THE CLOCK like they say they are it should have been up n running by now. I thoght that a huge company like Sony would be better than this.. i will miss u ps3 when i get more money i will buy u back i will espically miss my prestige on black-ops, i worked so hard to get that far, now i have to start all over n with a new game system… FUN FUN FUN!!!

+ loneherozero on April 26th, 2011 at 9:03 am said:

@KingDubin…….REALLY MAN!!!! dont you even read!!! stop acting funny!! the PSN is down!! there will be NO DLC till the PSN is back up!

+ sid4peeps on April 26th, 2011 at 9:06 am said:

…seems like the PSN is actually DEAD and NON-EXISTENT…
…those Sony guys are actually building a TOTALLY NEW infrastructure…WHAT ARE THEY THINKING? We would just wait a month for this thing to come online?!?!?! Developers are going to LEAVE along with CUSTOMERS…

THANKS FOR THE PROPER HEADS UP SONY…F.U…

PAGE 1 8 9 10 11 12 13