Far Cry 4

PSN Update

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Apr 25, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.

As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

622 Comments

PAGE 1 6 7 8 9 10 13

+ Lopez9577 on April 25th, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

Who watches hockey? Its all about NBA Playoffs!!!

+ jayson-b1 on April 25th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

is DCUO any good?

+ Autoxfool on April 25th, 2011 at 7:52 pm said:

Anyone ever buy any of the PSN games from Amazon? I’d imagine you get a code to redeem like I did when I did it off Gamestop’s site (found a few things cheaper, have the bonus card, blah blah), but I’ll shop for a better deal.

Speaking of which, see a couple of sales there…..hmmmm. Too bad I wont buy anything until we’re live again. I’ve probably spent 30-60 mins a day in the store for the last several weeks…i want to buy something already gosh-darn-it! :D

And for the price of the deployment bundle…i can sure get alot of psn games….tough decisions. :D

+ Autoxfool on April 25th, 2011 at 7:54 pm said:

NBA? ROFL OH OH, they touched me…FOUL….traveling all the time….48972369434 time outs in the last 2 minutes of a close game, which (and I actually timed this once)….took 36 minutes to finish. that’s pathetic.

Hockey has flow, has physical play, and something more than either a 3 pt shot or watching highlights of 87216723 versions of how to dunk of ball. SNORE!

+ MarvelousMont on April 25th, 2011 at 7:55 pm said:

Still down? Its all good.. just gives me an excuse to play some single player games I’ve been putting off. Turn a negitive into a positive people..

+ Ness_and_Sonic on April 25th, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

I heard the problem is related to custom firmware being abused. Anyway, I don’t expect any free stuff, but there are some things I want to see on the PSN when its revived. Legend of Dragoon, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Costume Pack for Little Big Planet 2 (featuring Ty, Sly, Ranger Ken, Shazza, and Julian), and official Murray, Carmelita, and Neyla Costumes for Little Big Planet 2. Any chance they will be on PSN when its back up? I have a PSN card I want to use.

+ kingotnw on April 25th, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

So apparently they lied… CC info is safe.. Its just that a homebrew app was letting people add unlimited funds to their PSN wallet and buy whatever they wanted for free. I don’t blame them for shutting it down, however I don’t know why they didn’t just say that in the first place instead of making everyone worry about their CC info.

+ sithmathamatiks on April 25th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

suggestion: $25.00 redeemable code for all ps3 owners.
i still love my ps3!!!

+ exterminator_123 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:00 pm said:

everyone go to ur ps3s
there psn already

+ exterminator_123 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:01 pm said:

there is “

+ kingotnw on April 25th, 2011 at 8:02 pm said:

$25 for all PS3 owners?! Lol… Talking 60 million x $25… lol No way. I wouldn’t be suprised if they gave us a free game out of a selection of games they gave the “ok” to, but No way we get $25, or anything close to that.

+ Autoxfool on April 25th, 2011 at 8:04 pm said:

My sales report from Amazon, since I’m bored and shopping anyways:

Fat Princess [Online Game Code - Full Game] – Download: $8.75
Braid [Online Game Code] Download: $9.95
Jet Moto [Online Game Code - Full Game] Download: $2.99
Feeding Frenzy 2 [Online Game Code] Download:$6.99
PAIN: Alpine Ski Lodge [Online Game Code] Download: $2.99
Blacklight: Tango Down [Online Game Code] Download: $9.99
LittleBigPlanet MotorStorm Costume [Online Game Code - Game Add-on] Download: $0.99
MAG – Interdiction Mission Pack [Online Game Code] Download: $4.99

Isn’t Alien Breed 2 $9.99 on PSN? $6.99

+ datastorm98632 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:05 pm said:

Sony has not yet determined if the personal information or credit card numbers of users have been compromised, but that Sony would promptly inform users if it found that was the case.

Did Hackers Get Root access that may have allowed hackers to see source code and private information?
Is this the reason why Sony is so tight lipped?

+ Autoxfool on April 25th, 2011 at 8:10 pm said:

A sidenote, if you have LBP and like Pirates….Gamestop has a combo pack with levels and costumes that I have not seen elsewhere (at least together) and for a good price (7.99).

Top 3 games currently looking forward too (and will own at some point):

Battlefield 3, Dirt 3, and Elder Scrolls. PSN wise – Journey, Costume Quest, and 3v3 NHL Arcade. :)

+ Autoxfool on April 25th, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

Okay, pay no attention to the previous post about the LBP….see it on Amazon….on sale no less, for $5.99. DOH! Well in my defense, I was unaware that amazon sold downloads at that particular time.

Anyone else here? Quit yammering about Sony, not like they are reading this, and I doubt we’re going to get much more information until we actually go live again. Until then, we shall have to find interesting topics of discussion. :)

+ datastorm98632 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:20 pm said:

Well, I did not update my console. and after this fiasco, I can not trust any updates from Sony any more.
You promised us security, you were so focused on the consoles that you forgot your very own network.
I say you got blind sided with a sucker punch. The hackers forced you to ficus so much on the console, that you were not anticipating this.
If you think about it, It was a very complicated plan.
1 attack the console in such a way that Sony would have to create mandatory updates , then hit em hard when they weren’t looking. If you ask me that was a pretty brilliant plan. Now I am not for illegal intrusion, but I do respect the aspect of the idea and that makes for a formidable opponent. . War fare on any front is ugly, were merely the casualties of this war..

+ Zinacef on April 25th, 2011 at 8:24 pm said:

Sony, crap happens to everyone everywhere at some point in time, but not to worry, I’m still a loyal fan!!!

+ jayson-b1 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

i miss psn :(

+ ccanfield1 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:34 pm said:

This is getting ridiculous. The main problem is that I can’t even access other features like Netflix. It is one thing to not be able to play online and check the Playstation Store, but the fact that features are rendered useless because I can’t log into my account is getting unacceptable. These are things that cause you to lose your fan base. You are now forcing me to play more on my Xbox. Furthermore, anyone considering buying a new game right now isn’t going to purchase it for Playstation if they know of the network problems. You guys are losing money and upsetting your customers the longer this goes on.

Please finish what ever measures you are taking soon, so that I can get back to enjoying the full PS3 experience.

Are you going to do anything for customers to make up for the inconvenience ? I paid for Plus service that I am not getting to fully use right now.

+ Mindplague on April 25th, 2011 at 8:35 pm said:

I was here in the beginning and I will be here in the end. Take your time. I need to catch up on my backlog anyways.

+ Autoxfool on April 25th, 2011 at 8:39 pm said:

Alright, PS3 time! See you…..or wait….on the blog. :)

+ kingotnw on April 25th, 2011 at 8:41 pm said:

@364 you can use Netflix, I am watching it right now. You just vae to go through the process of signing in and having it tell you the network is down two times. Hit X, not O.

+ SHOR73RM on April 25th, 2011 at 8:45 pm said:

@ ccanfield1:

You can still watch Netflix and Vudu (if you have it).
I’m watching it right now.

When you log on, it will ask you to log in: hit ok, you’ll see it load in the background
Then you’ll get the unable to connect, hit circle and enjoy.

you may have to do that once or twice, just don’t quit out, trust me and get back at me!

+ sid4peeps on April 25th, 2011 at 8:45 pm said:

$25 bucks says the PSN is back tomorrow at some point…

+ driver4_ on April 25th, 2011 at 8:48 pm said:

Even though it’s going to be Tuesday I really doubt it will be back on that day.

+ FRANKMAN1 on April 25th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

Maybe tomorrow but i dont expect a store update with all these delays

+ megalodonshark on April 25th, 2011 at 9:00 pm said:

since sony got hacked as they say, i want to know if they are going to go after the people that did this to all of us legitimate playstation users/
would be nice to see some people arrested and put away for wrecking the freedoms of the rest of us.

+ Lopez9577 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:00 pm said:

1,000,000 bucks psn will be workin exactly a year from now

+ fuzzyclutter on April 25th, 2011 at 9:03 pm said:

@ 357+ datastorm98632 . Your not going to see ANY source code as the result of any server access . source code precompiled code before it’s turned into a working program .

alot of what you think .. is after – the – fact . conjecture . do you really think SNEA just got into networking yesterday ? OR this was in all actuallity an inevitablity , given that even government run servers that have the highest utmost security has been successfully hacked . BTW the very fact that SNEA employees detet.ted an intrusion goes alot towards their proffessionalism and skill as detecting them can be a feat within itself . i ‘ll continue to update … nothing bad has ever happened as a result of doing so .. and i’m most certainly not going to pretend that fiasco’s like these have happened often on the psn .

+ proskatercam on April 25th, 2011 at 9:05 pm said:

@Frankman. Sony miss out on getting money off yet another crappy update? Not a chance.

+ xxnike629xx on April 25th, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

…PSN is up now!

Just upgrade your firmware and it’ll let you in!!

FINALLY!

+ Gogo_ZvC on April 25th, 2011 at 9:12 pm said:

Is there anyway to change the time to EST on the blog?

+ Lopez9577 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:14 pm said:

nike is a liar :/

+ FRANKMAN1 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:14 pm said:

@nike LIES!!!!

+ Lopez9577 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

lots of trolls here today

+ SHOR73RM on April 25th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

I’m pretty sure when PSN is up, Patrick will post a new blog.

+ Lopez9577 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:19 pm said:

patrick starfish?

+ SHOR73RM on April 25th, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

sure

+ xxnike629xx on April 25th, 2011 at 9:22 pm said:

CHOCOLATEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

+ OldKai on April 25th, 2011 at 9:40 pm said:

The sky is blue.
The grass is green.
Will PSN be up by Halloween?

Why am I still here? La la la la la la.

Where am I again? What’s going on? Oh right, PSN is down. I’m glad they’re taking their time with whatever it is they’re all doing, and making sure this is fixed right and not some cheap quick patch slapped on it. I’m fine with not knowing what’s all going on, and it’s probably better that way. I don’t even have my CC info on there anyways since it stopped randomly working last month. And as for compensation? I’m still not expecting much of anything which is perfectly fine.

End.

+ Lopez9577 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Did you say…… chocolate? O.o

+ Spidey817 on April 25th, 2011 at 9:57 pm said:

Day 6 upcoming. I’m starting to wonder if Sony can rebound from this. They’re being hit hard in the press and people are starting to lose faith all together.

+ UltraRazpacho on April 25th, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

Codename: REBUG is to blame, it’s a custom firmware that allows your console to be turned into a debug unit and then allows the ability to create debug accounts. Which then allows the user to steal content from the PS Store.

+ gold5225 on April 25th, 2011 at 10:07 pm said:

I am a fan of the new tablets Sony!

+ B-Real206 on April 25th, 2011 at 10:10 pm said:

@SHOR73RM I’ll be on the lookout for your friend request.

+ kingotnw on April 25th, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

Nike = Liar… =/

+ joshstepsup on April 25th, 2011 at 10:16 pm said:

if its down for 2 weeks im going to sell my ps3 i love it but goddame this is a long time. im going to just buy a xbox again. please sony just fix this befor i have to do that.

+ SirREX-362 on April 25th, 2011 at 10:33 pm said:

i hope its 3 times better when its fixed..its been too long already…Damn hackers!

+ erick_34 on April 25th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

@369 @ FRANKMAN1 shut up!!!!!! not say that not say that!!!!!!!!!!

PS Store has to give an update this week… members of PS Plus includingme, we’re going to get 2 avatars of MotorStorm Apocalypse and for everyone we are goingto get 1 theme of Socom 4 U.S. NAVY SEALs Yes yes and yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGE 1 6 7 8 9 10 13