PS4 - Destiny

Important Step for Service Restoration

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 05, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Today our global network and security teams at Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment began the final stages of internal testing of the new system, an important step towards restoring PlayStation Network and Qriocity services.

As previously mentioned, we’ve been working around the clock to rebuild the network and enhance protections of your personal data. It’s our top priority to ensure your data is safe when you begin using the services again.

We understand that many of you are eager to again enjoy the PlayStation Network and Qriocity entertainment services that you love, so we wanted you to be aware of this milestone and our progress. We will provide additional updates as soon as we can.

103 Comments

+ Gerry_the_Veg on May 5th, 2011 at 5:07 pm said:

FINALLY!!!! i just hope it gets back up before the end of the week!!! maybe tomorrow or tomorrow night!! It just needs to be up before the weekend!!

+ Heavenly_king on May 5th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

GO SONY!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!

+ crusher915 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

So psn store next week and online gaming up this weekend?

+ xCoDeHx on May 5th, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

PSN goes down right before finals… Comes up (hopefully) the week after finals… Coincidence? TrollSN more like it :o

+ PimblyCharles on May 5th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

I’ve been more than patient throughout this ordeal. If anything, it’s allowed me to play a few single player games that I’ve put off for a long time. I’m almost through playing Tomb Raider Underworld. It’s a really spectacular game that I probably wouldn’t have gotten to if PSN wasn’t down. Can’t wait to see my new trophy score. I hope other PS3 fans have found something positive out of all this as I have. I just want to see PSN more secure and SONY back in business. It’s a shame this happened to SONY considering their position in the gaming market today. I really hope this terrible occurance and loss of revenue doesn’t make them stop their gaming division. Seeing the hackers that attacked SONY’s servers and all of our well being in jail would be nice too… :) Hopefully PSN will be back up by the time LA Noire comes out. Anyone else planning on getting it for PS3 or already pre-ordered? I know it’s single player, but I still want to play connected to the Social Club for the awesome community features and unlockables!

+ Nick36542 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:30 pm said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!

+ SpaceHamster1 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:33 pm said:

Here we are, 5 blog posts later, and still no damn date.

You guys got to be running out of BS to feed to everyone at this point.

Just give us a God forsaken date already.

+ i_like_toast on May 5th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

It’s immensely easy to tell the over 20 crowd from the sub 16 crowd by reading comments.

+ Sharingan_itachi on May 5th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

+ twistedfloyd on May 5th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

Great. Glad you guys are in the final stage, thanks for the update. Hopefully it’ll be online before the week is out.

+ duke301 on May 5th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

The next PS store update should be a good one as there was obviously nothing while the network was down. How about a double or triple update to make up for lost time!

+ CaptTM on May 5th, 2011 at 6:16 pm said:

Yahoo!!!

+ Conaaando on May 5th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

These are great news! Thanks for the update!

+ hush404 on May 5th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

Can’t wait to get back online. There’s only so much fun I can get out of my 360 ;)

+ Zinacef on May 5th, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

Hopefully when it’s back up, I can get onto the Infamous 2 beta.

+ GrimReaper4383 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

same here. ive only done a few missions.

+ Webster1999 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:28 pm said:

YAY!!! SEEMS SOME GOOD THINGS COMING!! (I STILL HATE THE TROLLS WHO ARE ASKING A DATE THOUGH!!) YAY!! seems that it will actually come this week(´cause its on its last step!!!) YAY!! I AM TOTALLY HAPPY NOW!!

+ digitalman123 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:37 pm said:

Can we get welcome back shirts that say, “I survived the worst PSN loss in history and all I got was this shirt”? Come on! That’s gold!
Glad to hear the PSN’ll be up soon! Those last two Portal 2 trophies I need for platinum are online only, so hurry up please!

+ GrimReaper4383 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:44 pm said:

that would go great with my psn beta rewards shirt…

+ cuest1231 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

just hurry and get it online again

+ GrimReaper4383 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:49 pm said:

i know tell me about it. it’ll probably take at least 10-15 minutes to sync my trophies.

+ KINGof210 on May 5th, 2011 at 7:50 pm said:

Thanks again for the hard work, guys!
Keep up the good work at making PSN more secure!
Can’t wait to get back on PSN!

+ Gerry_the_Veg on May 5th, 2011 at 8:32 pm said:

HEY GUYS CHECK THIS WEB LINK OUT!!
playstationlifestyle.net/2011/05/05/psn-still-on-track-for-this-week/

Users of the official PlayStation forums expressed this frustration, to which SCEE’s Community Team Leader, MusterBuster, responded to try and ease the minds of the masses of PSN users eager to get back to their normal online gaming habits. MusterBuster’s message reads:

Hey guys,

I would love to be able to give you new information, and right now there isn’t any available.

I’m asking lots of questions but at the moment all I’m being told is that the “last update still stands” eg – Some PlayStation Network services will be restored this week.

The very second I hear anything new, it will be passed on to you. I’m also keeping a note of your feedback throughout this outage, so keep posting it.

Much love,

MB

+ GrimReaper4383 on May 5th, 2011 at 8:33 pm said:

@68

thx for posting the link.

+ NeoX360 on May 5th, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Awesome! Thank You Patrick for the Update.

+ Autoxfool on May 5th, 2011 at 10:39 pm said:

I see Portal 2 already on sale, $20 off. Hope the preorder bonuses was good for those who got it just a few weeks ago.

+ SteveSpikes on May 5th, 2011 at 10:44 pm said:

Thank you for this information. It will be wonderful to get back to the PSN after all this time away.

+ that-acmilan-guy on May 5th, 2011 at 10:50 pm said:

Any progress is good.

+ OneTimeEH on May 6th, 2011 at 5:46 am said:

It takes persons years to educate themselves to do the things they are doing to fix your expierences. Your all upset because you ENJOY Sony. Sony has rebuilt their server. And done so in only a few short weeks….as opposed to the original which “took over two years of testing before being fully operational online”. The last step is making sure its good gaming expierence. How many ppl like signing on and getting kicked? Or getting into a party and booted everytime u get into a lobby? NOBODY DOES!! Would you trade a few extra days to make sure that none of that happens? YEAH!!! DUH!! SO GIVE IT A LITTLE MORE TIME. We have all come a long way….at the end of the day PSN or not, you still go to bed and wake up the next day (God Willing*) PSN

+ hoi1ma on May 6th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

i want dynasty warriors 7 dlc, damn i use store will be up as soon as multiplayer is back up

+ datastorm98632 on May 6th, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

SOOPERGOOMAN187 did you use the remember me function? if so it is your fault, jsut as I admit that 15 years ago i was using Yahoo. I got my account stolen while using Yahoo at LCC. Public PS are notoriousness for giving out data ..I learned my lesson and got my own PC and went on from there. The thief was stupid enough to answer my IM..I ripped him a new one …He also lost his ability to attend LCC classes..at any rate, I do not trust Public computers.

+ cuest1231 on May 6th, 2011 at 7:16 am said:

still no online all of the security should of been in place. if you are going to charge for online then tell us and get it on already.

+ LordRaoh on May 6th, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

Good to hear. I hope the networks are stable and secure, obviously you have been taking this seriously.

What I hope next is that the person/people involved in the hack are caught and prosecuted.

If the hacker is caught, can we the psn community form a class action suit against the hacker?

+ Cedge410 on May 6th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Most of the same ppl thts already complaining abt the PSN not being up yet, will be the same ppl complaining abt the free games ect. ect. we’ll be getting once its back up in running. “Patience is Key”

+ angelspawn77 on May 6th, 2011 at 1:50 pm said:

Hope this means it will be back up by monday.

+ KINGof210 on May 6th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

Patience is Virtue.

+ cuest1231 on May 6th, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

day 16still no online ….double points weekend for black ops xbox laughing… psn still no update today on status are you going to get back up or not.

+ KingLazy93 on May 6th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

Come on Sony update on a release!

+ Alternate_Larz on May 6th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

Come on already Sony. You have two days after today to get your stuff together in order to keep with your “it will be up within the week” statement.

If you honestly have people working on solving the problem, then what the heck (rather use another four letter word here) is taking so long? I figured you would have hired the best, excuse the term and no offense to them, but “GEEKS” money has to offer.

So what seems to be your major malfunction?

A word of advice. If you ever make a PS4 in the future, be sure to add that little helpful thing called a “firewall” will ya?

+ Alternate_Larz on May 6th, 2011 at 7:03 pm said:

+ cuest1231 on May 6th, 2011 at 7:16 am said:

If they start charging us to play online like another company does (wont mention their name), I’m done with PlayStation. We already have to pay an arm and a leg for the price of games, extra equipment i.e. controllers, little guns for those who have never served in the military and wish to think they’re actually in combat, INTERNET SERVICE, you name it for the PS3, why should we have to pay to play online?

+ Alternate_Larz on May 6th, 2011 at 7:13 pm said:

KINGof210 on May 6th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

Patience is Virtue.

I’ve been away for seven long months so believe me, I’ve been patient. But when I come back and the system is down, followed by all these blogs by CEO’s, Presidents, this guy and that guy who works for Sony, saying the service will be up this week, AND HELLO this week is almost over, my patience becomes very slim. Best bet for Sony, is to not say… “We will be restoring services this week…” Instead they should just keep along with their blogging of what they, as a company, are doing to ensure this never happens again or help prevent it from ever happening again. Don’t give us this… it will be up within the week talk if those aren’t your intentions.

Thanks

+ AABBCCDDEFGGHHI on May 7th, 2011 at 5:28 am said:

great work sony your the best , sony is the king of the world,

+ AABBCCDDEFGGHHI on May 7th, 2011 at 5:30 am said:

we love you sony

+ AABBCCDDEFGGHHI on May 7th, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

great job sony

+ CaSpeRKill1 on May 15th, 2011 at 5:42 am said:

I’d Just Like To Thank All The PS3/PSN Players Who Stayed Loyal To The PSN Outage.

+ NotoriousGamer on May 15th, 2011 at 10:32 am said:

How long did you have to sit and test??? What were the results of the test? Was it all fail since 5 May to 15 May???

+ BigWes357 on May 16th, 2011 at 1:59 pm said:

YAY!!! Playstation rulz!!!!

+ aistis123456789 on May 16th, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

This is so awesome but I bought a credit $20 and I am waiting until the playstation store opens so I could buy some kind of new game. please Sony and PSN bring back the network up

+ golden618217 on May 17th, 2011 at 9:28 am said:

All I can do is use netflix, It wont let me use qirocity, says cant connect to server. When will the rest of the network be fixed?

+ MrKnockU0ut on May 18th, 2011 at 2:31 pm said:

im real glad tht the psn is back up now but i was wonderin how long till the store is back up