PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Sony Offering Free ‘AllClear ID Plus’ Identity Theft Protection in the United States through Debix, Inc.

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 05, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

Last weekend, Sony Computer Entertainment announced that we will provide complimentary enrollment in an identity theft protection program. Here are the details of this program for PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States only. We are working to make similar programs available in other countries/territories where applicable. Information will be posted on local websites/blogs when available.

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment International have made arrangements with Debix, Inc., one of the industry’s most reputable identity protection firms, to offer AllClear ID Plus at no cost to PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders for 12 months from the time an account holder registers for the program.

Please note that we will start sending out activation emails for this program over the next few days, and you will have until June 18th to sign-up and redeem your code. You will need to sign up directly through AllClearID, not on Sony’s websites, and details, including step-by-step instructions for the program, will be emailed to United States PSN and Qriocity Account holders soon.

The details of the program include, but are not limited to:

• Cyber monitoring and surveillance of the Internet to detect exposure of an AllClear ID Plus customer’s personal information, including monitoring of criminal web sites and data recovered by law enforcement. If his/her personal information is found, the customer will be alerted by phone and/or email and will be provided advice and support regarding protective steps to take. The customer will also receive monthly identity status reports. Debix works with an alliance of cyber-crime experts from the government, academia and industry to provide these services.
  • Priority access to licensed private investigators and identity restoration specialists. If an AllClear ID Plus customer receives an alert, or otherwise suspects that he/she may be the victim of identity theft, the customer can speak directly, on a priority basis, with an on-staff licensed private investigator, who will conduct a comprehensive inquiry. In the case of an identity theft, the customer can work with an identity restoration specialist to contact creditors and others, and take necessary steps to restore the customer’s identity.
  • A $1 million identity theft insurance policy per user to provide additional protection in the event that an AllClear ID Plus customer becomes a victim of identity theft. This insurance would provide financial relief of up to $1 million for covered identity restoration costs, legal defense expenses, and lost wages that occur within 12 months after the stolen identity event.

More information will be available on the enrollment page, a link which will be included in the email you will receive.

Thank you.

133 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ wocyob on May 5th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

sounds great
thank you guys for doing everything you can… cant wait to get back on psn

+ B-Real206 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:04 pm said:

I just want to play….=(

+ Renegade_Burger on May 5th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

Now get back to PSN.

+ megaFdeth on May 5th, 2011 at 5:06 pm said:

sigh…. how I miss game updates in this blog… :(

+ Gerry_the_Veg on May 5th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

GET PSN BACK! =] HURRY UP!!

+ wipeout_god on May 5th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

All I want to hear is that PSN will be up :p

+ usedtoiletpaper on May 5th, 2011 at 5:09 pm said:

I hope they don’t lose too much money.

+ EatDeath on May 5th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

$1 mln?! Wow!

+ Tristan_Taylor on May 5th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

I’m more hoping this stops those senseless lawsuits that have been filed.

+ Spidey817 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

Nice!

+ proskatercam on May 5th, 2011 at 5:11 pm said:

Nice to see Sony trying to help out…

+ Aggie_CEO on May 5th, 2011 at 5:12 pm said:

now maybe this will shut some people up…..

+ blakseed on May 5th, 2011 at 5:13 pm said:

Nice touch.

+ Ejsponge61 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

This is great for all of those who have been stolen from. I’m sure they appreciate this. I just want the PS Store back up so I can redeem the PSN card I got for Easter.

+ angelspawn77 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:17 pm said:

That’s great that you guys are doing that, but I hope PSN is back up soon, hopefully by early next week, Monday? I hope it’s back before next weekend because my cousins are coming over and we like to play black ops online 4 players, 2 on my bro’s ps3 and 2 on my ps3. Sticks and Stones baby!

+ bigdaddykraven on May 5th, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Wow Sony, thank you very much! I was going to continue to trust you anyway but doing this goes way above and beyond.

+ yazter on May 5th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

Once again Canada gets the figurative middle finger..

It’s like we don’t exist. I thought we were part of SCEA?

+ DazeOfWar on May 5th, 2011 at 5:24 pm said:

This is a good thing to do Sony. I myself won’t bother with it but for the people who are worried it’s a plus.

I would like to see some news about what the status is on PSN. Get us some answers Sony. Thanks.

+ MarkakaJin on May 5th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Okay that’s good but we want to know when will PSN will really be up.

+ DazeOfWar on May 5th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Never mind, I didn’t notice the small update below this one that says you’re in the final steps.

+ slydaniels on May 5th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

thanks guys. ^^

+ bbonds_007 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Much appreciated

+ bbonds_007 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:38 pm said:

@Yazter

Stop being troll, this security company probably does not even cover Canada. They said they are working on other countries so just chill, this stuff takes time.

+ ssmarcos3 on May 5th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

Thx sony really appritiated

+ FireDragonGod on May 5th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

Thanx

+ K1773r37f on May 5th, 2011 at 5:44 pm said:

Good news. Sony, don’t dare light it up until your intrusion detection systems are up to snuff. I hope you have effective intrusion counter measures in place to capture the source IP’s of any future attack attempts. Also, I hope that all sensitive data is encrypted and behind dual authentication zones, authenticating not only the user, but also the machine they are coming from.

Lastly, I hope you go all SEAL Team 6 on the perpetrators of this act of cyber terrorist. And yes, they should be treated as cyber terrorists. Not just garden variety crackers. As cyber terrorist, they get exposed to a much higher level of heat. You get to bring a much higher level of enforcement assets to the table.

+ K1773r37f on May 5th, 2011 at 5:52 pm said:

Just sayin’
Also, don’t just wrote Soopergooman off as a nut. He might actually have useful info. I was once in his position, I had info on a cyber criminal that I turned over to my local FBI branch. I don’t know what became of that info. But I do know the perp was apprehended a year later.

I just wish Mr. soopergooman was a little more discrete here about having that info. By the scale of this attack. I fear these are very dangerous individuals. I don’t know if the SONY attack was related to the others perpetrated that week. If it was, these are very dangerous folk.

+ Zinacef on May 5th, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

At long last, results. Thank you Sony!

+ i_like_toast on May 5th, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

It’s really sad seeings so many responses that only care about is when the PSN is up. Peace of mind is one of the most valuable things an adult can have and what Sony has done here is offered it to those that are worried about their data being stolen. This is great step by Sony to regain some good will.

+ Sharingan_itachi on May 5th, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

+ KwietStorm on May 5th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

Anyone who still says Sony isn’t doing what they can to “fix” the situation, shouldn’t be allowed to speak. I just want to know that you [Sony] are bring proactive in ensuring this doesn’t happen in the future, or at the very least, learning from this ordeal and staying ahead of the curve, in regards to network security.

+ CaptTM on May 5th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

This is a grand slam idea if I might add =P

+ KwietStorm on May 5th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

And please, nix any ideas of including otherOS in future PlayStations. Nix them. Nix them now.

+ Conaaando on May 5th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

Sounds good!

+ spocar on May 5th, 2011 at 6:47 pm said:

WE WANT PSN BACK

+ yazter on May 5th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

@bbonds_007

Try having people on PSN threatening to defame you — or even *out* you (yes, outing, doesn’t matter if it’s true or false) publicly and online, and then being told your personal information is leaked, and then being left out of a protection program simply by virtue of geographical location — then tell me you wouldn’t be mad.

Of course I stopped reading after they outlined it was in the US only. I’ll concede that I didn’t read the part where it says “coming to other countries,” but I felt like it was a massive slap in the face, especially since all the programs offered here are “US only,” of course I would think I’m skipped. Like it or not, Canada is part of SCEA, the SCEC website doesn’t even have a blog!

(needless to say, the person who was threatening me pretty much outlined his plans to me in meticulous detail to show how “serious” he was. I took pictures of the messages he sent me, each of which pretty much would incriminate him if a defamation takes place and law enforcement is involved, but here’s hoping it won’t come to that!)

+ yazter on May 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

I’m more than happy to apologise for saying my earlier comment the way I did – and I do apologise, but I will not apologise for what I felt, because I was justified in doing so, even though I didn’t fully understand the scope of this program or similar plans.

I am sorry.

+ monyking on May 5th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

I just looked it up and the all clear ID has two plans…one is free and the other is about 10 dollars. so Playstation is getting for every single member is 10 dollar a month plan. sounds good I think.

+ Jin_Kusanagi on May 5th, 2011 at 7:02 pm said:

Wait a min….1year of free protection, after that what We need to pay for the protection of our data, protection that Sony should originally grant us?

+ Autoxfool on May 5th, 2011 at 7:07 pm said:

I like it. Extra protection never hurts. Thanks! As I long-time customer, I appreciate this extra step.

+ KwietStorm on May 5th, 2011 at 7:25 pm said:

@38 Jin_Kusanagi

If this never happened, you would be paying anyway. Sony and Debix don’t actually have to do this. You should be watching your back regardless. IF your identity is attacked as a result of this, then they would be held liable, but this is a courtesy offer. This isn’t protection for your PSN data, it’s your own identity.

+ Elvick_ on May 5th, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

Some people will never be happy.

+ shadysaiyanz on May 5th, 2011 at 10:14 pm said:

Sounds good. I just wonder how much it’s gonna cost Sony.

+ Christian399 on May 6th, 2011 at 4:15 am said:

@40 Ignore him, most people like to facelessly argue on the internet. Same reasoning behind the keyboard vigilantes who perpetrated this whole affair in the first place.

Also, it amazes me how clueless people are about how readily available and distributed their info ALREADY is. 411.com, operators, any number of sites you might have signed up to over the years. The only concern was CC info, and for the most part that seems to be safe.

The hyperbole over this issue is maddening. People will have forgotten about this in 6 months. If they can forgive MS for the RROD, they can forgive for this. Plus, its been an exceptionally busy news-period. This issue is bottom of the pile, for now.

+ AABBCCDDEFGGHHI on May 6th, 2011 at 5:52 am said:

good job sony, your the best,

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on May 6th, 2011 at 6:26 am said:

Thanks for this. I’ve had my personal information stolen twice in one year and I’ll take all the additional protection I can get.

PS You guys probably know this already, but there is suspicion that a group of hackers is going to attack the Sony website this weekend and publish the information stolen from the PSN breach.

+ Frejim on May 6th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

what about Nicaragua?

+ erick_34 on May 6th, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

Hi everyone… ^_^

I got about 65 trophies in these 2 weeks, including The Platinum Trophy of Socom 4 U.S. Navy Seals

^_^

+ AwardTour on May 6th, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

“We continue to work around the clock to have some PlayStation Network services and Qriocity services restored, and will be providing you specific details shortly.”

short·ly/ˈSHôrtlē/Adverb
1. In a short time; soon.

I’ve heard this for over two weeks. What exactly does shortly mean to you? Shortly to a lot of these eager gamers would be a couple of hours. It depends on who you talk to when it comes to the definition of the word shortly. I hope you guys don’t have the same definition of shortly as a paleontologist. I don’t know, this is why I am asking.

+ Bloodlykilla on May 6th, 2011 at 11:36 am said: