PS4-Watch_Dogs

Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

491 Comments

PAGE 1 8 9 10

+ moster12345 on May 17th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

+ kw2334567 on May 17th, 2011 at 6:35 pm said:

Yeaaa!!!!! never ever doubted sony because sony has been there my whole life

+ kw2334567 on May 17th, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

I

+ kw2334567 on May 17th, 2011 at 6:38 pm said:

LOVE

+ kw2334567 on May 17th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

PLAYSTAION

+ Legio-Prometheus on May 17th, 2011 at 7:21 pm said:

I have noticed that purchased content from before the shut down does not appear in my game play. eg, I purchased a kit upgrade for BFBC2 and the kit does not show up on my online multiplayer game play. Is there or there needs to be a better way to preserve earned or bought items for games instead of relying on the PSN store to constantly update your game play. I contacted EA and they said it was up to SONY, once their store was restored the items would return. I don’t think this an acceptable way of storing online game play, players should have ALL their bought items stored on their HD to restore issues like this. If I’m wrong please correct me, is there something I’m missing. When I contacted EA I included my online bill of sale from PSN, it seems they were able to see that I had purchased the items from PSN from their end.

PSN+ online storage is a good idea, but again we are relying on Sony to keep things working, multiplayer data game info NEEDS to be stored on the PS3 as a backup. Again I must stress, I have purchased content that I am not able to use. “the spare tire needs to on the car while I wait for the dealer to order me a new rim”

+ JifferRiffic on May 17th, 2011 at 8:21 pm said:

Thanks for trying to buy consumers off by offering them some crappy games Sony.

+ landiatico on May 17th, 2011 at 9:15 pm said:

Thanks SONY

+ damiensummers on May 17th, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

I am so glad that online play is back. I am a self admitted sony fanboy… U cant beat ps2, ps3 or psp. They just do everything. Everyone that threw a hissy and changed over to the darkside(microsoft) o be right where they are, getting inferior gaming on an inferior product. Not to say that xbox isnt good, just not as good as ps. Looking forward to the store being up again and also to whatever it is that sony decides to gift us with.

+ Jerometheknight on May 18th, 2011 at 5:35 am said:

weird how they screened my first comment. Interesting the counter is like down 1,500 comments compared to others. Nothing but “Good job Sony” in this thread.

+ logicsquirrel on May 18th, 2011 at 6:57 am said:

Thank you Sony.

+ dustwardprez on May 18th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

wheres my free stuff

+ aliendude5300 on May 18th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

When exactly will the store be back online?

+ SHOTBUZZ on May 19th, 2011 at 10:35 pm said:

hey guys check this page out…This is a theme found at

It’s the “I survived the PSN blackout of 2011 theme”

+ curious_kids on May 20th, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

Thankz Man, im sure u guys will get back on track and people will be back to normal!!! i only wished it was faster but i understand the problems u guys have so no sweat!!! anyways all the best!!!!

+ douch6_9 on May 20th, 2011 at 1:20 am said:

#460 why so rude Sony is working as hard and fast as they can I’m sure they can live without you or anyone else bashing them you don’t like what’s going on then play your xbox or whatever and save everyone your grief there are plenty of people such as myself willing to stick with Sony no matter what

+ RockerMonster on May 20th, 2011 at 6:56 am said:

Guys, we must have in mind that this is a very serious question. I have been playing playstation since I was a kid this means that I trust them. PLAYSTATION I understand your concern about our safety connection, so take your time we can wait

+ Bob0978 on May 20th, 2011 at 7:35 am said:

Q: How can I sign up for the Debix AllClear ID Plus protection announced last week?
A: More details are coming soon.

The blog post created by Senior Director of Communications and Media, Patrick Seybold, on 05/05/2011 stated that “we will be sending out activation emails for this program over the next few days.” What is Mr. Seybold’s definition for a “few days?” Fifteen days have now passed since the blog was posted and I have yet to receive my activation email.

I have received my credit reports from the three credit reporting agencies. I have initiated a fraud alert on my credit reports through these credit reporting agencies. I have disputed the fraudulent charge made to my compromised credit card and cancelled my compromised credit card. So, I have done everything SCEA has advised all psn users to do. Now it is time for SCEA to do what it said it was going to do in order to protect it’s customers.

I could care less about the “Welcome Back offer,” all I want is some peace of mind.

+ jasonleeholman on May 20th, 2011 at 12:20 pm said:

awesome job getting services back. I understood that it was ging to take time and appreciate the effort to get it done correctly.

+ salvadorian78 on May 20th, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

Sony I am very greatfull that you have worked your tail off to get the services back online.I have been playing Xbox since PSN has been down and I can tell you that they have nothing on sony.You guys are the greatest in the gaming industry.That is y I spend 1000s on sony products.I am still waiting on Playstation Store so I can spend some more,Thanks a million times for bringing back the number 1 network in the world and I really mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ vincefarcry on May 20th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

Sony your the BOMB!!!!!!!! Thanks a MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ batistarulz on May 21st, 2011 at 1:22 am said:

@ 50 sounds like u have a problem with your internet or something.. I get everyrhing in 720 or 1080p where available

+ batistarulz on May 21st, 2011 at 1:25 am said:

@ 457 sony isnt buying anyone they didnt have to give u anything so shut the ++++ up and quit complaining , u sound like a microsoft customer instead of SONY!!!!!

+ REX_SX on May 21st, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

S.O.N.Y.

+ Persad_V on May 21st, 2011 at 8:09 pm said:

When is Playstation Store gonna be back online

+ jdpetochi on May 21st, 2011 at 11:49 pm said:

ok, people I just want to say no one is unbreakable and it WAS probed by whoever SoB did this mess and thore PSN up, and well thank you sony it was a little to long of a wait but your service is awesome and we don’t have to pay to just play online, I have psn plus which I like and it’s completly 100% worth every single cent I paid for it and as for it all… PLEASE PUT THE STORE BACK JAJAJA I really want some new 60 minute full game previews! aaa and yeah THANKS FOR THE GREAT SERVICE! and for having the decency of truly apologizing

+ Aarongamma6 on May 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

it good to know that its finally getting back up. i hope the playstation store is back up soon. my fav game has 3 game slots and u pay 99 cents for b and 99 cents for c and slot c is my best memory so. i cant play good unless i get that lol. well i can but the team im on is horrible.(every game its same team out of three for each profile.)

+ cheno_1000 on May 22nd, 2011 at 6:27 pm said:

yes sony that what up

+ The_Slikster on May 22nd, 2011 at 7:56 pm said:

I have understood that a “Welcome Back Package” is already being rolled out in EU markets. I hope the US market will recieve it soon. I’m very upset that this catastrophy occured but I hope you’ve truly beefed up security! Our security should be at LEAST as important as anti-piracy (I believe more so!) I hope you’re able to stave off any other attacks (I hope they don’t happen in the 1st place.) Thank you for keeping us informed and taking steps to correct security issues and then showing your patrons gratitude for inconviniences caused and patience shown.

+ MOENUTZ1 on May 22nd, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

TO LATE SONY IVE ALREADY SOLD MY PS3, GOT ME A XBOX 360 LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! WAY BETTER THEN PSN,MAN! I WAS MISSING OUT ON XBOX LIVE!!!! THIS WHOLE TIME, SORRY A$$ PSN!!!!!

+ attackconquerer on May 23rd, 2011 at 4:24 am said:

When will Playstation Store go up? I couldnt log into blog til you guys fixed the network. Everyone add me I play BC2, Cod Classic, and Fifa 11. I hope that Patrick saw this comment along with the other “Playstation Store”
comments.

+ dbroderick13 on May 23rd, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Thanks for all your hard work guys!! Great Job!!!!

+ lemonade1981 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:38 pm said:

please get the playstation store up in running dude.

+ lordvader16 on May 23rd, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

Thank you, Sony for your vigilance and the countless hours you have spent to restore our beloved PSN! I wish you the very best in tracking down these cowards, who have hid behind their computers. May they be fully prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It is wonderful to finally be back online. I have never lost trust in you and I will always be a devoted fan!

+ Maxpower1096 on May 26th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Thank you Sony!!!!!!!!

+ tn122 on May 28th, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Sony Rocks even with recent problems XBOX cant compare.

+ Shadowtek85 on May 28th, 2011 at 10:37 am said:

When/how can we redeem this? as of 5/29 the store is still down :(

+ crazysuperman1 on May 29th, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

thanks sony now i can play my ps3 online

+ cliffie0303 on May 30th, 2011 at 3:18 am said:

Can not connect to the Store from Namibia.

+ Busko_22 on May 30th, 2011 at 6:11 am said:

Thanks to Sony Team !

+ darth10 on June 6th, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

and im also reading this of of a computer screen lol

PAGE 1 8 9 10