PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Kazuo Hirai: PlayStation Network Restoration Announcement

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on May 14, 2011 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

491 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 10

+ DC3893 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:34 am said:

Mr. Hirai’s office looks pretty sweet.

+ Psychoticcherry on May 15th, 2011 at 6:38 am said:

Awesome to have PSN back. Had time to catch up on single player games though.

P.S. Cross game chat? why would you want to talk to someone that’s not playing the game that you are playing? Get a phone!

+ crookedview on May 15th, 2011 at 6:42 am said:

I’m tired of hearing everyone at Sony ‘apologize for the inconvenience’ they’ve caused. This is not a sincere apology and is akin to Sony kicking you in the nuts and saying, “Sorry your balls hurt.” While it may not be entirely Sony’s fault that this attack happened, they were still negligent with our data from a security standpoint.

Unfortunately, everyone at Sony appears to be too egotistical to deliver a heartfelt apology to its customers.

+ rickw109 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:45 am said:

THANKS SONY ! Playstation is a lot better than Xbox.

+ TheKeybladeLord on May 15th, 2011 at 6:46 am said:

@51

It isn’t Sony’s fault. How? Did they tell the criminals to do this to them? No. Sure, there security wasn’t as great at the time. But they didn’t see this coming, and it could happen to ANYONE besides Sony.

Cyber-attacks have happened to a lot of different companies and no one has blamed them for the end-result and the same should be said for Sony. Whats done is a done and is now a thing of the past.

All I gotta say is go online and play a few games.

+ hemi0657 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:51 am said:

To the individual(s) who cause this massive interruption:
You all are headed to the jungle for a long, long time! You can run all you want, but you definitely can not hide!!!

Thank you Sony for all your hard work and support during this pause and to all PSN Users “Welcome Back”

+ camarofan2002 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:52 am said:

Only have two words Mr. Kazuo Hirai…THANK YOU!!!!

+ camarofan2002 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:53 am said:

You got that right…and best of all, online is still free.

+ Cerieously on May 15th, 2011 at 6:53 am said:

finally ty ty ty, bought a ps3 right when the network went down. been dying to play Portal 2 co-op! awesome and again ty!

+ dlhdav7 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:55 am said:

i’m with you sony!!!thank you!

+ GoldenRare on May 15th, 2011 at 6:56 am said:

TY SONY THANK YOU BAK TO ONLINE

+ cookmandan68 on May 15th, 2011 at 6:57 am said:

Glad to be back!!! Now I can watch Netflix & Hulu again. Thank You Sony!!

+ RAINBOWAZNBOY on May 15th, 2011 at 7:01 am said:

YAY!!!! :)

+ just331 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:02 am said:

thanks sony we hope you get everything up soon. ps thanks for the updates

+ shadow1137 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

This makes me soo happy, and ive never seen less than 100,000 people on Black Ops. But you owe us :) I would love to try PS+ and maybe get Escalation for free (whiteboy7thst)

+ TURKEYBAISTER69 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:07 am said:

everyone was telling me after the network went down it wouldnt be back up for a long time. they told me i should sell my ps3 and get an xbox. but i stood strong and i patiently waited for the network to come back up. as soon as i saw it was up i was ecstatic. i will continue to play on PSN and use sony products….FOREVER!

+ Haxx1010 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:15 am said:

I have been waiting almost four weeks to tell all of you people to:

GET A LIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!! Oh my GOOOOOOOD.

+ Spazz3870 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

Thank’s Sony :) All U Moron’s Who Switched To X-Box …. Ur Idiot’s With No Patience !!!! Black Op’s 30 !!! :) !!!

+ EvolutionCherry on May 15th, 2011 at 7:22 am said:

Thanks a lot and I hope you guys catch the creeps who were responsible for this hack.

+ LiToDiAl on May 15th, 2011 at 7:26 am said:

Keep up the god work Sony!

+ AVSierra on May 15th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

Sony I never lost faith in your ability to make things right again, THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME!!!

+ SummeRaineStorm on May 15th, 2011 at 7:30 am said:

Thanx sony.. took awhile but certian measures had to be taken. BORDOM HAS OFFICALLY GONE.

+ SummeRaineStorm on May 15th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

NOW I WONDER WHATS GONNA BE IN OUR WELCOME PACKAGE free map packs would be nice.

+ DjSilver118 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

This guy is like Walt Disney but for games :D

+ tootoo113 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:35 am said:

Thank You Very Much Sony!!!!!!

+ evlmnke11 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

I’m having a problem getting my brother signed in. He didn’t download anything and we can’t get into the email account to change his password. Is it possible that there could be an option to change it on the site? I’ve seen dozens of other players with the same problem and had to make a different account.

+ CrookedCross666 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:36 am said:

sony ….you guys rock and i’m honored to be a LOYAL customer and gamer. i’ve been playing ps since it came out years ago! keep up the goodwork. XBOX sucks!

p.s. free first party games for welcome back dl would be sweet!

+ quakeSTREET on May 15th, 2011 at 7:37 am said:

Sony has been a part if my family since ps1 came out so its a bit of a let down to see this happen but sce does a great job letting us know what’s up so thank-you Sony you will see me for about ten hours today thanks again here I come cod

+ Yaotly on May 15th, 2011 at 7:42 am said:

Not a single negative comment, really. We I have to say Xbox and I’m not looking back.

+ quakeSTREET on May 15th, 2011 at 7:44 am said:

No one is going to be pissed its back what more can loyal ps user want

+ xFreeStylezx on May 15th, 2011 at 7:46 am said:

thanks Kazuo, you’re doing a good job, keep it up.

+ dawn101 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

Yahoo PSN is back

+ themissing1 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

Thanks for keeping us PSN in the know… I’m sorry that Sony was attacked too… I wish I could have done something to help in the recovery. I’ve been a Sony person since I was teen… Glad you are back :-)

+ Nazfera2 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

SONY CHECK THIS OUT !!!

+ Nazfera2 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

that message came out of no where when i was playing Brink online at 1:30 Georgia Time

+ monomand236 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:52 am said:

I’m so happy

+ plantek6 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

Good Job. Keep up the good work…

+ BIGBULLKAI on May 15th, 2011 at 7:54 am said:

thank you sony now its time to kill some noobs in black ops

+ N0_22z_G on May 15th, 2011 at 7:57 am said:

Man it feels so good to be back! It feels like the first time i got my ps3 and ventured online lol. Thank you sony,

+ BIGMoree on May 15th, 2011 at 7:58 am said:

Gracias Kazuo!

+ WiNGMAN1836 on May 15th, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

Ever Since I updated my PS3 to 3.61, it wont play games anymore. Y?

+ hitrun12 on May 15th, 2011 at 8:00 am said:

Thanks Sony I will always know u can be trusted

+ WarbNull on May 15th, 2011 at 8:01 am said:

I want to take the time to say thank you to you Kazuo Hirai & Sony. The video here in this Blog Posting was done nicely and with great thought towards us and about the issue. You all did a great job on it. I congratulate you all at Sony for all your hard work in dealing with this unprecedented situation. The Attack left the world looking at all you to see how you all would handle the situation and I think you all have done a great job so far. Obviously not everyone does but that is there opinion and does not bother me. All I can give is my opinion and for this being such an unprecedented attack and the largest of its kind, you all at Sony set the bar in handling it. Hopefully it will not happen again to you and to any other system; but if it does the people it happens to will have to look at you all at Sony to see how to handle it and how to improve on handling it.

Thank you again Kazuo Hirai and Sony. You all deserve it for all the hard work. :)

Now its time to Play. Game ON. :)

+ DaftFelix on May 15th, 2011 at 8:02 am said:

@ 63, Grats on somehow summing up the incredible amounts of courage and determination it took not to sell your system and all of your games during 4 whole weeks of waiting.

I don’t understand how some of you guys act like you were so smart for waiting. Of course it was coming back, we all KNEW it was coming back. Folks just had to be patient. I couldn’t play Portal 2 with my buddy or activate my Steam copy this whole time but I just did other things… and waited.

@74 Why are all you guys talking about xbox360? I have both and I think they’re both great systems. Ps3 has the edge with bluray and native wireless networking but at least I can play a fighting game with costumes on 360 and expect to have the other player SEE them.

Honestly you guys. Just get all the systems and build a sweet gaming PC and then you’ll never miss any great games and you’ll stop thinking in terms of “us” vs “them” and just be free to enjoy all gaming!

+ BLACKWATCH77 on May 15th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ NeoOnyx on May 15th, 2011 at 8:06 am said:

Thank you Sony!

+ The_Jayaram on May 15th, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

When is the ps store going to be back up?

+ igorrocks2 on May 15th, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

Head down with respect Mr. Hirai… tremendous job sir. great management – with you Sony will be way beyond and better then ever Life is challenge in every way everyday nice job today better tomorrow….

+ NeoOnyx on May 15th, 2011 at 8:09 am said:

@ 89 Great point! I have multiple systems so I never had a “break” in gameplay.

+ BOGGYMAN559 on May 15th, 2011 at 8:11 am said:

it’s about time i waited since 420 to enjoy my ps3 thanx guys i’mstill loyal just had my faithin in sony seriouslly shaken i thought you guys forgot what loyalty means but i’m glad SONY STILL CARES. unlike xbox
and microsoft